Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-13 Finish, and #3 Draft Pick...Noooo...Please Tell Me The Gints Can Win More Games Than Us!

zCommander

Well that was the most disappointing empty win. If Matt Stafford plays, Detroit wins easily. But instead Detroit starts a QB cut by the 0-11 Cincinnati Bengals during the season in which they have zero wins. And even then, it took pretty much the worst game Detroit could possibly play to lose. So the Redskins won, but it was against nothing of any consequence. So this team eeked out wins against Jeff Driskel and Josh Rosen. Players no one in the league thinks should be starting QBs. And the result is a worst draft position and tossing away the ability to trade down and recoup significant draft picks. Only the Redskins can screw up losing properly

The giants and dolphins play each other week 15 so unless they tie, one of them gets at least 1 win plus the Giants play the Redskins.

The Bengals have the Browns twice, the Dolphins and the Jets so there are plenty of chances for the Redskins to end up with the 1st or 2nd pick

4 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Well that was the most disappointing empty win. If Matt Stafford plays, Detroit wins easily. But instead Detroit starts a QB cut by the 0-11 Cincinnati Bengals during the season in which they have zero wins.

I thought Driskel was fun to watch play.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

The game against the Giants is a must lose but the Giants are absolutely awful too. We may have just watched Chase Young go to the Giants and destroy us for the next decade.

Yep....and he's the next Lawrence Taylor. Even better, we will be forced to draft a left tackle to try and stop Chase Young. You just can't make this stuff up. Even winning is depressing in this organization. 

28 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I thought Driskel was fun to watch play.

Which turnover excited you the most?

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The game against the Giants is a must lose but the Giants are absolutely awful too. We may have just watched Chase Young go to the Giants and destroy us for the next decade.

If Barkley plays the Giants will score 50 on us. No chance we beat them.

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

If Barkley plays the Giants will score 50 on us. No chance we beat them.

I'm not so sure. The Giants are awful. Its a coin flip game.

It wouldn't shock me if we beat the Eagles at home later in the season either. They have nothing offensively and they look like they're about to just quit on Pederson and Wentz.

21 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Yep....and he's the next Lawrence Taylor. Even better, we will be forced to draft a left tackle to try and stop Chase Young. You just can't make this stuff up. Even winning is depressing in this organization. 

He ain't that man for sure.  Plus you can't coke up these days.  😉  Damn I miss the 80's  !   Now it's just weirdos on sugar.  

I recall a family member saying that Dexter Manley can snort all the coke he wants as long as he gets to the QB.  Different times.  

29 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I made this comment on another thread, doesn't Chase seem more like a Giant than a Redskin anyway?  the Giants for their faults tend to obtain those national marketable blockbuster players and we don't, Beckham, Barkley next Young.

Fortunately the Giants still play the Dolphins.  We got some reasons for hope. 

Probably. In NY Young will be a 15 sack a year perennial All Pro. In DC he'll be Preston Smith and spend 3 quarters of the time covering TEs and RBs. Because that's the Redskin Way.

Get ready for us to draft Andrew Thomas and watch him hold and go false start three times a game.

39 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Shades of 2011 when meaningless wins in a disastrous season cost us valuable draft positioning 

The difference is that only a few fans were on the suck for luck wagon back then. Now it seems like almost the entire fanbase besides a couple weirdos who somehow believe that 2-14 is preferable to 1-15.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Fortunately the Giants still play the Dolphins.  We got some reasons for hope. 

Unfortunately we still have Brewse.

Even with the #1 pick he'll likely find a way to not get Young.

14 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Why, because its NY?

Is he a Hollywood type or something, I don't get it?

I think my wife summed it well for me a season ago.  She's a Giants fan.  When she saw Peterson wearing a Redskins uniform she joked it doesn't seem right a national star isn't typically what the Redskins do save RG3 in 2012.  Granted Peterson isn't the same player he once was but he's still a big name.

The Giants for their faults do the homegrown star thing.  Straham was a national star, setting the sack record.  Beckham.  Now Barkley.  When you tune into national TV shows the teams who aren't that hot who still get some national attention are the ones who show up in these best players in the country rankings, etc and have players that can kill it week to week who stay part of the conversation. 

Chase Young I think potentially is one of those players who set will sack records, make the top 10 lists of best players in the country, the Giants for their faults tends to find themselves in those type of conversations with players like that -- the Redskins not so much.

If I recall the Redskins are the only team in the last 20 years to have no first team All Pro players aside from a punter.  So us picking #6 and landing a dude who isn't a mega star would fit this tenure.  And the Giants landing a mega star would sort of fit, too.

Now my point isn't that you can't win with good to very good players without an elite one.  But yeah it's almost surreal how we struggle to find elite.  And when we've danced that dance some as to the elite game it's been when we've had high picks, Trent and Taylor. 

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But yeah it's almost surreal how we struggle to find elite.

I agree that the Giants have had a knack for drafting stud pass rushers but where you draft is half the battle and we typically draft outside of the top 5.

The saving grace here is that we don't need anything earth-shattering to happen for us to finish in that 2nd spot, and if we do and the FO still messes it up then its time for all of us to pack up and find another team.

I really don't know why everyone is so excited about an early first round pick.  Is there a single player even worth the top 5 in this draft yet? I mean someone like Sean Taylor, or what Peterson was for so long with the VIkes?

Plus we likely trade it away, and pick up 'value players' we brag about all off season, but can't keep up on the field.

It's not the picks, its the person doing the picking.

29 minutes ago, Veretax said:

I really don't know why everyone is so excited about an early first round pick.  Is there a single player even worth the top 5 in this draft yet? I mean someone like Sean Taylor, or what Peterson was for so long with the VIkes?

Plus we likely trade it away, and pick up 'value players' we brag about all off season, but can't keep up on the field.

It's not the picks, its the person doing the picking.

Well we surely aren’t winning. Looking for a high draft pick is all we have 

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not so sure. The Giants are awful. Its a coin flip game.

It wouldn't shock me if we beat the Eagles at home later in the season either. They have nothing offensively and they look like they're about to just quit on Pederson and Wentz.

The cowpukes aren't any better..could we win the division at 7-9? Lol

4 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well we surely aren’t winning. Looking for a high draft pick is all we have 

To be absolutely **** down the drain?...lol...I'm all behind if we lose and suck enough maybe changes will start happening, bruce being fired for starters..Danny boy closer to selling...but hoping to lose for better draft position..hoping to lose to see Danny **** it all(high draft pick)up?..nah..yall in a league of your own there lol

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Giants also play the Dolphins, easily giving them a chance at a third win

Archived