Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-13 Finish, and #3 Draft Pick...Noooo...Please Tell Me The Gints Can Win More Games Than Us!

zCommander

I've watched every Giants game.  While i am unsure if they can beat other teams i am pretty confident that they will beat us at Fedex.  But its the NFL so you never know.

The two games that have made me nervous is this one that just happened with the Jets but we lost is and convincingly so that one is out of the way.  The other one that worries me is next week versus the Lions with Driskel likely starting. 

Derrius Guice was one of my all time favorite college players and I think if he stays healthy he will be a great one.  And I think he can help us win some games but I think Callahan is likely going to underuse him and if so that should help.    

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Bengals have been a lot more competitive than we have. They'll win a game at some point.

Hope so, I think they still have the Jets-Dolphins to play. 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Worst part is you know they'll nail that ****. Solid orgs hardly ever miss on top 5 picks

They already have the QB. If they get Chase I will be absolutely crushed. 

If the giants get chase and we draft an overhyped LT and we have to watch Young whoop his ass for the next 10 plus years, twice a year, itll be the most demotivating, humiliating, I dont know what awful word explains it.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

If the giants get chase and we draft an overhyped LT and we have to watch Young whoop his ass for the next 10 plus years, twice a year, itll be the most demotivating, humiliating, I dont know what awful word explains it.

The Redskins really are that stupid though; actually that whole scenario is totally believable.

Here are our NFC East playoff elimination scenarios.  The pain is almost over.

Case 1
      Redskins lose to the Lions

Case 2
      Cowboys beat the Patriots

Case 3
      Redskins tie the Lions, and
      Eagles beat the Seahawks

Case 4
      Cowboys tie the Patriots

We've already been eliminated from Wild Card contention.

7 hours ago, Tsailand said:

Case 1

Case 2

Case 3
      Eagles beat the Seahawks

Case 4
      Cowboys tie the Patriots

Dude, stop.  😂

On 11/17/2019 at 11:56 PM, Tsailand said:

Case 1

Case 2

Case 3
      Eagles beat the Seahawks

Case 4
      Cowboys tie the Patriots

So wait...You mean we have a chance to win the Division! 

It must be due to the damn good "we are close" culture we have.  :rofl89:

11 hours ago, zskins said:

So wait...You mean we have a chance to win the Division! 

We absolutely do. It's a very simple scenario. 

We need to win all six remaining games, and the Cowboys need to lose all five games from weeks 12-16 (Week 17 is Redskins vs Cowboys, so I don't want to double count it).  The Eagles need to lose both their games against the Giants, and at least one of their two games against the Seahawks and Dolphins.   Also the Giants need to lose at least one game against the Bears, Packers, or Dolphins.

On 11/17/2019 at 8:51 PM, Koolblue13 said:

That's the scenario I see happening sadly.  They wont trade back and pick whoever the LT is at the 2nd to 4th pick.  Non exciting and at best you just = out with losing Trent.  I'd rather get Young, and pick one LT in the second with what we should get at least for Williams. Sadly Bruce botched possibly having a top 10 pick where you could snag both within the top 10.  

In Bruce's and Snyder's world they think Alex Smith is the answer for a few years if Haskins totally bombs.  So they feel if they get him a solid LT and one more weapon then we would be 10 wins minimum next year. Foster returning next year fixes the defense in their heads.  It's horrifying how this team is managed.  

I am sure Bruce puffs up about Terry but any person that posts here would get a player or two in the draft that became studs.  It's about doing it consistent enough to make a deep roster that plays well together, with rare misses.  

On 11/17/2019 at 11:07 PM, Burgundy Yoda said:

The Redskins really are that stupid though; actually that whole scenario is totally believable.

Drafting Chase Young if he's there should be one of the easiest decisions ever to make. As easy a decision as drafting Calvin Johnson if he were on the board when you're there. I remember people giving the Lions **** about drafting another WR that high, but Megatron was a completely different class of player; a true generational talent and one of the best to ever play the position. IMO Chase Young is in the same category. 

So basically....yeah we'll probably **** it up. 

26 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Drafting Chase Young if he's there should be one of the easiest decisions ever to make. As easy a decision as drafting Calvin Johnson if he were on the board when you're there. I remember people giving the Lions **** about drafting another WR that high, but Megatron was a completely different class of player; a true generational talent and one of the best to ever play the position. IMO Chase Young is in the same category. 

So basically....yeah we'll probably **** it up. 

Yeah I'd put at least 50-50 that they'd take Thomas or Jeudy over Young.  They love to go need and could see them thinking they already have two pass rushers.  :(  If they do that it will be the all time disgust move for me as to their drafts.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I'd put at least 50-50 that they'd take Thomas or Jeudy over Young.  They love to go need and could see them thinking they already have two pass rushers.  :(  If they do that it will be the all time disgust move for me as to their drafts.  

They'll **** this up somehow. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

In that situation it would almost serve us right if the Giants got Young and he put up 4+ sacks on us every year for the next decade.

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

In that situation it would almost serve us right if the Giants got Young and he put up 4+ sacks on us every year for the next decade.

Yep.   If some beat writers are correct they are already thinking about giving Kerrigan an extension.  They supposedly could have traded him before the trading deadline but refused.   I could see them thinking we will show Trent that we reward the good soldiers like Ryan with extensions or whatever crap political move pervades that FO.   

We got to hope I gather that Dan falls in love with Chase.  He supposedly is an impressive guy off the field too so maybe over a steak dinner at Mortons things turn in his favor and considering he a Maryland guy -- maybe that would sway him. 

Man, I wish we could play Cincy head to head, might guarantee the #1 pick.  Sheehan said today that Cincy have had the tougher schedule, do we have the tie breaker over them?

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/gameday/are-the-redskins-worse-than-the-bengals

Are the Redskins The Worst Team in the NFL?

I suppose the first thing most people will look to is the records of two teams.

Yes, it is true the Washington Redskins (1-9) have one win this season and the Cincinnati Bengals (0-10) do not. 

However, what do you see when you look at the other side of the coin? The Redskins were home Sunday while the Bengals traveled to Oakland. The Redskins were playing the New York Jets; you know, the (2-7) New York Jets?

The Bengals on the other hand were faced with the obstacle of going up against a (5-4) Raiders team still playing for a wildcard spot. 

Sure, Cincinnati lost but they were in a fight. 17-10 in Oakland and holding the Raiders to three second-half points is not bad at all. 

The Redskins  had the privilege of a bye week where bruised and sore bodies gained needed rest. 

So what actually happened Sunday? For starters, the Jets who ranked dead-last in many offensive categories started the game driving down the field 75 yards in seven plays, not even needing a third down!

Jets QB Sam Darnold had only thrown seven touchdowns with nine interceptions this season coming into the game. Against the Redskins weak defense, Darnold was (19-30) for 230 yards and four touchdowns. 

If the Jets offense was the NFL’s worst, what does that say for the Redskins defense? Excuse me, but I simply have to ask, “Who in the world is Jets tight end Ryan Griffin?”

...Back to the battle of who stinks more. The Redskins have only scored 125 points this season while the Bengals have racked up 147.

The Bengals have given up 23 more points (276-253) than the Redskins.

Yes, the Bengals are winless; but are you aware they have lost five of their ten games by seven points or less? Did you know the Redskins have only one loss by a touchdown or less?

“But the Redskins have won a game!” you might respond. Yes, the Redskins defeated Miami 17-16 with Josh Rosen as the Miami quarterback for the first half. Since making the move to Ryan Fitzpatrick behind center, the Dolphins have won two games and been much more competitive.

Would the Redskins have won if Fitzpatrick had played the entire game?

Are the Redskins worse than the Cincinnati Bengals? I don’t know, and I don’t know that it can be absolutely proven either. 

I certainly don’t want the Redskins to be the worst team in the NFL. What I do know is one of those teams showed up last week with a will to compete.

That same team faced a much more difficult challenge on the road and only lost 17-10.

The other team was at home after a bye week and was not “close” to anything good before finding themselves down 34-3. The culture is not ____ good and the Jets dominance revealed what everyone in the free world outside of Bruce Allen knew. 

18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Man, I wish we could play Cincy head to head, might guarantee the #1 pick.  Sheehan said today that Cincy have had the tougher schedule, do we have the tie breaker over them?

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/gameday/are-the-redskins-worse-than-the-bengals

Are the Redskins The Worst Team in the NFL?

Maybe this is what Bruce actually meant by "We're close"?

On 11/18/2019 at 1:42 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

I've watched every Giants game.  While i am unsure if they can beat other teams i am pretty confident that they will beat us at Fedex.  But its the NFL so you never know.

The two games that have made me nervous is this one that just happened with the Jets but we lost is and convincingly so that one is out of the way.  The other one that worries me is next week versus the Lions with Driskel likely starting. 

Lions and Giants games have been my 'worry'. I guess there are lots of match-ups left to play out between the dregs of the NFL. Don't want to end up as good as 3-13 though :rofl89:

Archived