Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-13 Finish, and #3 Draft Pick...Noooo...Please Tell Me The Gints Can Win More Games Than Us!

zCommander

On 10/10/2019 at 8:21 PM, owa said:

I'm hoping that is the result but I'm still skeptical at this point.  I like a lot that Callahan has been saying and doing just not sure we have the players to accomplish what he wants.

I do too.  We finally get explanation and results of actual practice to game day carryover.  His press conference was the best and most explained press conference that I can remember.

15 hours ago, Cantankerous said:

This should be a yearly topic - as there is always a handful of hopium fans that look at records and mathematical situations and forget to look at actual things that matter / you know like talent , coaching, match ups. You know REAL stuff that factors into those imaginary numbers you’re creating in your alternate universe.  

funny thing is that after a decade other than 1 year - the facts lay themselves out exactly as they are every time. Yep - win 5 more games , that will really help draft position.  If you think this team can beat the 49ers then go for it.  I’ll bet you’re the same people on here ****ing and moaning about how bad this team is come Sunday night.  Then back trying to show “ we only need this and this to happen and we’re still in this thing”. Makes most people that are realists and true followers of the game just laugh and shake their head while reading this fantasy land crap - but you keep dreaming harder 😉 Just makes the end that much harder to deal with.  Snyder looooves those perpetual dreamers.  Especially if you keep buying what he’s shoveling. 

lol name checks out 

20 hours ago, Cantankerous said:

This should be a yearly topic - as there is always a handful of hopium fans that look at records and mathematical situations and forget to look at actual things that matter / you know like talent , coaching, match ups. You know REAL stuff that factors into those imaginary numbers you’re creating in your alternate universe.  

funny thing is that after a decade other than 1 year - the facts lay themselves out exactly as they are every time. Yep - win 5 more games , that will really help draft position.  If you think this team can beat the 49ers then go for it.  I’ll bet you’re the same people on here ****ing and moaning about how bad this team is come Sunday night.  Then back trying to show “ we only need this and this to happen and we’re still in this thing”. Makes most people that are realists and true followers of the game just laugh and shake their head while reading this fantasy land crap - but you keep dreaming harder 😉 Just makes the end that much harder to deal with.  Snyder looooves those perpetual dreamers.  Especially if you keep buying what he’s shoveling. 

Wait you don't have the Skins going to the SB every year? Please turn in your fan card as you leave ES. 

How is it you think I am not for real and not a true follower? I have been following football since I got interested in it while in high school. That was back in 1984. 

Is there a fan rule book that says one is not supposed to wish, regardless of how absurd or unattainable it might be, that their team goes up instead of down?

Why do people root for failure for a better draft pick? Is it guaranteed that if they do they will win the SB the very next year? 

You might have a problem with the hard ending. I have no issue with how the season ends. If it ends up better then expected. GREAT. If not, oh well, next year. Life goes on. 

I live for any given Sunday, for about 3 hours. Then I live rest of my life by spending time with my kids and wife and of course work. 

As for Snyder comment, you don't have to buy ****. I don't go to the games (FedEx field sucks), plus I have a better view on my TV while my wife brings me food (who wouldn't want that...lol). 

Your dream will never happen if you don't dream. 

On 10/11/2019 at 9:48 PM, zskins said:

How so? What reasons are there that the CAN'T go 11-5? Didn't Case take the Vikes to the playoffs? Didn't Callahan take the Radiers to the SB. I have yet to see any concrete and fair reasoning from you. 

1. Our QB play is atrocious as we have no good option right now. Case was ELEVATED by the team around him because he had WEAPONS and a MUCH BETTER DEFENSE. This comparison has holds no water at all.

2. We have no legitimate weapons on offense, one decent receiver does not make an 11-5 team.

3. Our defense is even worse than the above.

Your reasoning is based around false equivalencies without taking into consideration all the other factors. Raiders? You mean the team that Gruden rebuilt? Which might I remind you IS STILL 10000x better than our team right now? We don't have the talent or the depth, plain and simple.

6 hours ago, hp703 said:

1. Our QB play is atrocious as we have no good option right now. Case was ELEVATED by the team around him because he had WEAPONS and a MUCH BETTER DEFENSE. This comparison has holds no water at all.

2. We have no legitimate weapons on offense, one decent receiver does not make an 11-5 team.

3. Our defense is even worse than the above.

Your reasoning is based around false equivalencies without taking into consideration all the other factors. Raiders? You mean the team that Gruden rebuilt? Which might I remind you IS STILL 10000x better than our team right now? We don't have the talent or the depth, plain and simple.

You are missing the point of this thread. This thread was created after Gruden got fired. Callahan brought in refs to help the players. He has changed stuff (you can find out online what he has done in practice so far). The running game won in Miami and less penalties on O as well. People here were saying how Callahan is going to teach more discipline as his O line is causing all these false starts. But it is really the opposite now. Interesting. 

We do have really good players on D. Maybe the firing of Gruden will make them play harder for their new coach. Maybe they will stay off the field longer if the O is handling the business with the run AP scheme. Which seems to be working that Gruden wasn't able to do. Also interesting. 

What I said about the Jon Gruden and Oakland was just a note that the Callahan is a capable coach and took the Raiders to the SB. Sure he lost. But Jon also inherited much better team built by Dungy and was better than Oakland. 

I disagree we don't have the talent. I know I might sound like Allen but we actually do. The players needs to be schemed better and seems like they are a bit now. 

Do we have a chance to beat the Niners. We do. There is no reason they can't. 

1 hour ago, zskins said:

You are missing the point of this thread. This thread was created after Gruden got fired. Callahan brought in refs to help the players. He has changed stuff (you can find out online what he has done in practice so far). The running game won in Miami and less penalties on O as well. People here were saying how Callahan is going to teach more discipline as his O line is causing all these false starts. But it is really the opposite now. Interesting. 

We do have really good players on D. Maybe the firing of Gruden will make them play harder for their new coach. Maybe they will stay off the field longer if the O is handling the business with the run AP scheme. Which seems to be working that Gruden wasn't able to do. Also interesting. 

What I said about the Jon Gruden and Oakland was just a note that the Callahan is a capable coach and took the Raiders to the SB. Sure he lost. But Jon also inherited much better team built by Dungy and was better than Oakland. 

I disagree we don't have the talent. I know I might sound like Allen but we actually do. The players needs to be schemed better and seems like they are a bit now. 

Do we have a chance to beat the Niners. We do. There is no reason they can't. 

That chance should be over by halftime.

On 10/15/2019 at 3:11 PM, zskins said:

Wait you don't have the Skins going to the SB every year? Please turn in your fan card as you leave ES. 

How is it you think I am not for real and not a true follower? I have been following football since I got interested in it while in high school. That was back in 1984. 

Is there a fan rule book that says one is not supposed to wish, regardless of how absurd or unattainable it might be, that their team goes up instead of down?

Why do people root for failure for a better draft pick? Is it guaranteed that if they do they will win the SB the very next year? 

You might have a problem with the hard ending. I have no issue with how the season ends. If it ends up better then expected. GREAT. If not, oh well, next year. Life goes on. 

I live for any given Sunday, for about 3 hours. Then I live rest of my life by spending time with my kids and wife and of course work. 

As for Snyder comment, you don't have to buy ****. I don't go to the games (FedEx field sucks), plus I have a better view on my TV while my wife brings me food (who wouldn't want that...lol). 

Sorry.....but....I cant help but see the complete and total disconnect from someone who says "Your dream will never happen if you dont dream" and then ""I live for any given Sunday, for about 3 hours." after saying you dont look forward to the next year, just whats in front of you.

No dream will ever happen for those that cant look forward, and the only dreams that ever happen are those that make decisions in the present all about how they will effect the future.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:11 PM, zskins said:

I like you man.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:11 PM, zskins said:

Yours was that we finish 11-5 which will most definitely happen ONLY in your dreams.

And that would have also been true any of the previous 27 years.

11-5 around here is like saying that I'm going to wake up on the moon tomorrow and this has to be true because I dreamt about it last night.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:11 PM, zskins said:

I'm sorry but I absolutely love this post..everything said is exactly how I feel..i keep reading this post over and over. God no **** ya win some ya lose some..on with your life...those younger ones who dont have families(wif and kids..yes wif)..I can see it being a little more difficult to just get over it and on with their lives but ya...I wasnt being sarcastic zskins(yes I seen your like on my post that said I like you..just wanted to clarify my self lol)..I like you man.

Every year as the season gets started..training camp..start of pre season each year its going to be the Redskins and dolphins in the superbowl..my buddy and I do our normal chit chat at that time and he knows for a fact the phins will represent the AFC and I say the skins will represent the NFC...than our dreams are pretty much shattered by the bye week lol..but we dream..what's living with out dreaming.?

18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Every year as the season gets started..training camp..start of pre season each year its going to be the Redskins and dolphins in the superbowl..my buddy and I do our normal chit chat at that time and he knows for a fact the phins will represent the AFC and I say the skins will represent the NFC...than our dreams are pretty much shattered by the bye week lol..but we dream..what's living with out dreaming.?

I'm shocked by the potency of the weed you can acquire in Idaho.

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm shocked by the potency of the weed you can acquire in Idaho.

So what we can take from this is that every Redskins fan should be required to burn down at least a dime a day in order to believe that not only are the Redskins are the best in the NFC but also the Dolphins are taking the AFC. :ols:

9 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

So what we can take from this is that every Redskins fan should be required to burn down at least a dime a day in order to believe that not only are the Redskins are the best in the NFC but also the Dolphins are taking the AFC. :ols:

I'd imagine it will take more than a dime and also need to be laced with something else to get to that level of high.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'd imagine it will take more than a dime and also need to be laced with something else to get to that level of high.

Dan should take advantage of the DC laws. Buy an overpriced Redskins jersey, get a gift of 1/2 ounce of the finest.

Baked Tater would likely bake a few more taters.

On 10/15/2019 at 9:11 PM, zskins said:

Though I admire your will to back up this team and everything that goes with it. I have to disagree on this point.

I believe for most of those that are "rooting for failure", even if I doubt it is really what every Redskins' fan wants. Most of us believes, that maybe, somehow, every other loss will stack up against Bruce and will get Bruce fired by the end of the season. It doesn't matter much to me if we ends up #1, 2 or 3 or 7... As long as Bruce is fired I'll be pleased.

Mind you, I changed my avatar after his press conference for having fired Gruden. Guy was an absolute pos and I have a hard time believing some are still wanting to go to games. It isn't even much the "culture is damn good" reference that got me upset. It was the "fans are selling tickets to get money to opposing fans".

Guy is Team President of the Washington Redskins, his father was part of this team history. And he dares calling out fans like this? Had I been owner of the team, I would have fired him duing the presser to stop this clown. Players calls out fans from times to times, most of them are irrelevant as they'll be forgotten in 5/6 years. Guys like Norman or Swearinger are not gonna make Redskins' history... Bruce Allen is already making it, and in a bad way.

I quite don't understand why many of you are still giving him support somehow. Do a NO SHOW next sunday at FedEx Field, or something, but you shouldn't let him go away with those kind of comments like this. That was massive disrespect to every and one Redskins fan. And somehow, the owner agreed with him by not firing Bruce.

34 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I quite don't understand why many of you are still giving him support somehow. Do a NO SHOW next sunday at FedEx Field, or something, but you shouldn't let him go away with those kind of comments like this. That was massive disrespect to every and one Redskins fan. And somehow, the owner agreed with him by not firing Bruce.

The issue I feel is that there will always be a couple thousand fans who will always go. I remember how excited I was when Cerrato was finally fired, Bruce Allen was supposed to be the visionary for the future. I have a hard time believing the next guy if (if there is) will be able to do anything.

I used to have hope too.  Ive been a member here for over 14 years and remember many on ES did..  After awhile of seeing the same thing repeated over and over one realizes that the joke is on us for having that hope.  At some point you expect mediocrity or worse.  Do I still root on my Skins - of course up till the Dolphins game anyway.  My fandom has reached rock bottom.  Maybe its because I was let down by how they played against the Giants - a game I attended.  But its more about the way the team's FO and ownership runs things. I personally think the Dolphins have more to be hopeful about than we do.  Is there a chance the Skins can go 11-5?  Technically yes - just like the Dolphins can still go 11-5.  Is that reality Nope.  

Im not big on raining on the OPs parade - or anyone who wants to look for signs of hope.  Or even be a buzz kill to bakedtater (who's screen name now makes better sense to me).  Personally I don't think there is enough devil cabbage in all of Idaho's surrounding states to make me believe this team can sniff 11-5.  Have there been changes made by Billy Callahan?  Yup.  He moved some exercise bikes and turned down some music.  Does this team have talent?  Of course - every NFL team does.  If the Skins win on Sunday Id be surprised - on a similar level to if I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet.

Archived