Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3-13 Finish, and #3 Draft Pick...Noooo...Please Tell Me The Gints Can Win More Games Than Us!

zCommander

Wow!  Really!  Did y'all forget who's running the defense?.

And for those that say coaching not the problem!  Sorry.  Coaching is a big problem.  

Why has the skins been the most injured team?  Gruden never got his team mentally or physically ready to play.   Leaving his players suspect to injury.  

I'm happy gruden is gone!  But the defensive coaches need to be cleaned out from the house! 

While I'm at it!  Bruce has got to go!!!  What an inbaresment!  

Lots of things could happen but have an almost 0 chance.  This is one of them.  My biggest fear in a way is that we go 7-4 or 6-5 (maybe a solid 5-6) which will probably suck me in again but also mean that the real issues aren't dealt with.

In 1998, start 0-7 but finish 6-3.  Did have an ownership issue but the finish followed by 1999 kept me going.

In 2001, start 0-5, I was about to quit on the Redskins.  Finish strong so I gave them another chance even after they fired the head coach.

In 2003, we start 3-2 and the losses were an OT and a two point loss that included a failed two point conversion, we only finish 5-11 so again I was on the verge. We re-hire Joe Gibbs, so I'm back.

In 2004, we don't look good but hey, its Joe Gibbs and he deserves another try!

In 2009, we have an awful year but after they hire Shanny, I think they deserve another couple of years though I did worry when he destroyed our defense.

In 2013, Shanny proved an asshole who also was just a mediocre coach but we got Norv Gruden who was the hottest candidate.

After the ugly 2014 season but we hired a real GM so I thought we give them another season.

In 2016, defense sucks and Kirk goes brain dead at times but we really just need to tweak the defense a little bit for it to step up.

In 2017 and 2018, defense looks like it is stepping up.  Injuries and the loss of Jackson and Garcon without anybody stepping up to fill those roles. Though Andy had screwed us again, at least we looked like we could overcome that fail over the first half of the season.

Might be time to bail.

1 hour ago, Darth Tater said:

Lots of things could happen but have an almost 0 chance.  This is one of them.  My biggest fear in a way is that we go 7-4 or 6-5 (maybe a solid 5-6) which will probably suck me in again but also mean that the real issues aren't dealt with.

In 1998, start 0-7 but finish 6-3.  Did have an ownership issue but the finish followed by 1999 kept me going.

In 2001, start 0-5, I was about to quit on the Redskins.  Finish strong so I gave them another chance even after they fired the head coach.

In 2003, we start 3-2 and the losses were an OT and a two point loss that included a failed two point conversion, we only finish 5-11 so again I was on the verge. We re-hire Joe Gibbs, so I'm back.

In 2004, we don't look good but hey, its Joe Gibbs and he deserves another try!

In 2009, we have an awful year but after they hire Shanny, I think they deserve another couple of years though I did worry when he destroyed our defense.

In 2013, Shanny proved an asshole who also was just a mediocre coach but we got Norv Gruden who was the hottest candidate.

After the ugly 2014 season but we hired a real GM so I thought we give them another season.

In 2016, defense sucks and Kirk goes brain dead at times but we really just need to tweak the defense a little bit for it to step up.

In 2017 and 2018, defense looks like it is stepping up.  Injuries and the loss of Jackson and Garcon without anybody stepping up to fill those roles. Though Andy had screwed us again, at least we looked like we could overcome that fail over the first half of the season.

Might be time to bail.

LOL - so true.  I felt the same way after this offseason. The end of the 2018 season was yet another low pt.  They were playing QBs off the street, 4th string O lineman & a bunch of receivers named Joe.  However the offseason - once again - provided hope which appears to be of the false variety at this time. They addressed the QB situation in a way that had most fans excited, many of us believed the if the team stays healthy the O line & other areas would be greatly improved, they had the 3 headed monster at RB, some exciting prospects at WR & finally what appeared to be a very solid defense that would carry the team while QB & other areas were being developed.

Fast forward to the actual regular season.  The QB position is a disaster & you would think that would mean go to Haskins regardless.  Nope - let's just string it out for a while with well known journeymen at the position.  The 3 headed monster at RB is a disaster w/ one guy not playing & the other 2 pretty much having no chance due to horrific blocking.  The defense instead of being a strength has been the weakest part of the team during just about every game.  Two of the biggest stars of the team - Williams & Reed - may never play for the team again & will likely contribute little regardless.  The injury bug continues to haunt the team & the soap opera just continues to be the main story regardless of the coach.

Different season - same story.  Good Lord I pray for the time that this time can have true success that lasts for more than just part of one season.  Chalk it up to an owner and President/GM who frankly just don't give a crap about the team or the fans.

11 hours ago, hp703 said:

Because this team is ****ing garbage and winning any game will fool people into thinking otherwise. This ship needs to sink now. 

Why does it need to sink? What does the sinking do? How are they going to go 11-5 if they sink the boat? I could go on... but you get my drift.

9 hours ago, hp703 said:

This thread is pure insanity, we've gone completely manic

How so? What reasons are there that the CAN'T go 11-5? Didn't Case take the Vikes to the playoffs? Didn't Callahan take the Radiers to the SB. I have yet to see any concrete and fair reasoning from you. 

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Pretty sure we have zero proven starters in offense and might have the 1rst or 2nd pick in an awesome QB draft. Haskins is years away at best according to some players.

Look everyone knew that 2020 was the year for getting a QB. Now Dan and Bruce don't hang around ES so they didn't know. Dan made his choice this year, maybe due to his kid going to same school as Haskins. There is no way Haskins gets replaced next year with another QB... The only way would be if Bruce is fired after this season and the new GM has complete control of the roster and who should be the coach. 

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

SnyderSkins have never won 11 games and you think they are going to now?

Just because doesn't mean it can't happen. No?

On 10/11/2019 at 4:40 AM, Koolblue13 said:

This is hysterical. Bill was a crappy replacement for the good Gruden and no better for the chubby slower one either. We didnt improve from getting rid of Jay and replacing him with Callahan. He leads the worst unit on the team, that our best player wont even be part of. 

We'll probably **** this up and win this week. Probably better that we dont have a shot at a QB that high anyway and are forced to take the best defensive or oline guy.

WAIT!!!!!

There’s a ‘good’ Gruden?

Is he coaching in Canada under a pseudonym?

Hail.

19 hours ago, zskins said:

How so? What reasons are there that the CAN'T go 11-5? Didn't Case take the Vikes to the playoffs? Didn't Callahan take the Radiers to the SB. I have yet to see any concrete and fair reasoning from you.

Well, fact is rarely firing a coach during the season change anything. It might gives a burst for a game or two, but then, you'll see that the coach wasn't the problem as things will go back to normal again and team will look unprepared/crappy and everything you've seen with Gruden will surface again. And that is true no matter which sport you're talking about, because in the end, it's about the players.

Furthermore, how many times have you seen an interim HC turn a 0-5 situation into an 11-5 one? Pretty sure that would be a premiere in NFL history.

Last, Callahan has been around for many years now. He was in charge of running game and OL. Running game wasn't good, and was the one behind the fact that we don't have a FB on the roster since what? 2015? OL is often injured and penalized... That was his unit.

So why would this change?

Callahan took over Gruden (how weird is that!) in Oakland with a really good and competitive team that went to the playoff the previous year that included Jerry Rice and Tim Brown, Rod Woodson, Bill Romanowsky, among others. He didn't took over a mediocre team, this was a really good team. Which we are not...

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Well, fact is rarely firing a coach during the season change anything. It might gives a burst for a game or two, but then, you'll see that the coach wasn't the problem as things will go back to normal again and team will look unprepared/crappy and everything you've seen with Gruden will surface again. And that is true no matter which sport you're talking about, because in the end, it's about the players.

Furthermore, how many times have you seen an interim HC turn a 0-5 situation into an 11-5 one? Pretty sure that would be a premiere in NFL history.

Last, Callahan has been around for many years now. He was in charge of running game and OL. Running game wasn't good, and was the one behind the fact that we don't have a FB on the roster since what? 2015? OL is often injured and penalized... That was his unit.

So why would this change?

I was watching Redskins 100 last night and Brian Mitchell said that Gruden wouldn't change his play calling based on who was playing since in his head the scheme/plays that he had designed needed to be executed. KOH who was selected by the Pats in the 3rd round worked under Belichick and saw that Bill would make plays based on that week with what he had to work with. Now they did say that Callahan is old school and wants to run the ball and the scheme will now be different and AP had a lot of yards last year with the OL the way it was and is. KOH will be calling the plays. So why not more than just couple of games then?

I think it will change. Change is way over due. 

On 10/11/2019 at 9:09 AM, Peregrine said:

we still dont have a secondary, or receivers, or TE's, or a running game, or most of an offensive line, or a QB.  Guice is still injured as are many other key players, and we still dont have Trent Williams.

But Dan's still got Bruce.

After noodling around on fivethirtyeight.com, I decided to take a look at their NFL predictions.  For those that don't go there, they've got a system that gives percentage win chances for every game the rest of the year based off of team strength.  So, for example, they estimate we have a 49% chance of winning in Miami this weekend, but only a 27% chance of beating the Niners at home next week, etc.  For what it's worth, they had us as 6-10 material before the season, and that forecast has now slipped to 3-13.  Anyway, the important thing is that yes, they believe it is in fact possible that we can finish 11-5.

Of course, they give odds of 2,038,459-1 on that happening.

The odds we finish 0-16 currently sit at 62-1 according to their calculations.

So they're saying there's a chance...

10 hours ago, zskins said:

I was watching Redskins 100 last night and Brian Mitchell said that Gruden wouldn't change his play calling based on who was playing since in his head the scheme/plays that he had designed needed to be executed. KOH who was selected by the Pats in the 3rd round worked under Belichick and saw that Bill would make plays based on that week with what he had to work with. Now they did say that Callahan is old school and wants to run the ball and the scheme will now be different and AP had a lot of yards last year with the OL the way it was and is. KOH will be calling the plays. So why not more than just couple of games then?

I think it will change. Change is way over due. 

Because at the end of the day, players still have to execute, and we're still employing injured players.

Because at the end of the day, change happens when there's change up above.

Because at the end of the day, FO still believes that we're close, yet we are 0-5.

Because at the end of the day, Bill Callahan isn't even given a fair chance to be HC next year as we're already looking for a replacement, a la Greg Manusky.

Because at the end of the day, it won't get long before Manusky is fired and your D will become an ever bigger mess.

Because at the end of the day, players like Trent Williams and Scherff are already on the inside looking out.

Change is way over due, I agree. but we're not changing things up to the top.That's where it has to start. Until then, that's just Bruce protecting his ass.

Archived