Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reality check time.

bakedtater1

1 minute ago, illone said:

Players that will be playing for another team soon... Players that Brucey picked in his infinite wisdom.

See, we win by losing. :D

Soooo we dont want players here that bruce drafted?..even if they are productive?..that don't make sense...almost sounds childish...no?

9 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Soooo we dont want players here that bruce drafted?..even if they are productive?..that don't make sense...almost sounds childish...no?

I'm gonna sit over here and cheer for short term losing so that the team looks itself in the mirror and finally admits they are wrong about their business practices.

I can't help but cheer for younger players especially and hope for no injuries but Im burnt out on this team.  I think an 0-16 season is best for the future of this team.  More changes the better as far as im concerned.  Whatever it takes for Bruce to be fired and for Dan to get some counseling for his insecurity issue is what Im for.  

For now Im a bigger Caps and Nats fan than I am a Redskins fan... and its because of the Redskins I even started following the Caps and Nats.  

So my next question is..is how many 50+ year old fans are wanting to see the Redskins tank/glad they lose?..I'm wanting to get a census from the older generation 

Again for me if the skins lose horribly and continue to lose I welcome it for a better change..maybe even with b Allen still in the building UNFORTUNATELY(because of the whole stadium thing, I'm a believer that snyder wants to keep ba around to get the new stadium built)snyder can shift his role and bring in a competent gm who can build a winner in what would be back in DC than right?..I'm for that..orrrr if we can pull off a lions or browns season snyder **** cans Allen and builds a new regime..  I will continue game in game out to root for(what I used to call my beloved Redskins)and hope for a win. Never ever hope for loses to better position our selves for the draft..wait back up..if..let's play pretend and say snyder would have fired allen at the same time as gruden and would have had a presser saying something about complete change..complete flush of what once was to a completely new clean slate management team I would be ok with tanking I guees..well..not ok with tanking but alot more accepting of loses if that makes sense. 

Ive lost all hope and i would be the most optimistic about the team and winning games every year was a 10-6 prediction or higher since snyders ownership for me, but the second the news about the alex smith trade last year hit my coffin was built, the final nail has been put in after multiple reports coming out and saying haskins is dans guy and most football related people were against it, im now fully on board with what many believe that we wont be good till hes gone and thats probably not going to happen for awhile so ive lost all hope, this is done the reality is its never gonna happen we are the cellar dwellers of the east and we are never coming out anytime soon...sad to admit it but its the truth

56 here, and yes I want them to tank.

If they go 5-11, for example, Brucifer Prince of Dimness will likely persuade Lord Farquaad that the team is rebounding and retain his position whilst making Callahan HC permanently. If we lose out, the embarrassment will force the exorcism of Brucifer.

I think the narrative of "fans cheering for team to lose" is actually a sort of misnomer.

Instead, I think a more proper narrative would be, "fans so desperate to rid themselves of Allen they are willing to sacrifice a season".

i don't know. I sit somewhere in between. Losing helps draft position, but I can't advocate for losing. Winning hurts this team if Allen stays because nothing changes. Mediocrity is horrendous for this franchise. It's really a bad place to be in as a fan.

My gut instinct is a lot of the fanbase would be more inclined to cheer for the Skins if Snyder just got rid of Allen.

Allen is the cog in whats making this "lose" train continue to move.

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

So my next question is..is how many 50+ year old fans are wanting to see the Redskins tank/glad they lose?..I'm wanting to get a census from the older generation 

Like OP I'm from Idaho and just happened to jump on the Skinswagon in the 80s. I'm 45 now so I guess I'm close enough to give an opinion for the "census".

I've always been anti tank prior to now and for the same reasoning yourself (FO gonna FIU in the draft like they'd do everything else) but I'm coming around...

People have asked me periodically "You have no actual connection to the area...why not follow another team?" It's always been ridiculous to me until the 1-5 finish last year.

I started thinking about it... most people I've known since childhood have switched teams at least once. The majority changed to Seattle (closest) once they started winning and some went to Green Bay in the late 90s and some became Steelers fans in the mid 2000s. But I can't... I can't root for a team I've spent most of my life not liking (usually due to their success streaks against Washington) and no matter who I pick, they'll probably start sucking again too.

It's time to face reality... Dan Snyder isn't going to change even if he fires Bruce Allen. In my 45 years I've found that most people do most of their "changing" between 18-25 years old. They may change their political views or music tastes afterwards but their basic personality/ archetype/ aura /  ect is "set" in that range and unless it's altered by trauma or substance abuse, that's "Who they are" and usually who they will stay.

So in the case of my Abusive/ Toxic relationship with the Redskins... the only REAL solution is to separate myself from it... not just the Redskins but the NFL and sports in general. But of of course that means I HAVE TO CHANGE... and frankly it's not going as well as I would like. I wanted to drop Sunday Ticket this year and start watching at Sports bars again. That way if they sucked I could just quit going... but I didn't cancel it.

The last 2 weeks I've been "I should call Direct TV and cancel Sunday Ticket...season's ****ed anyway." ...but I haven't done it.

I broke down and told my Band that "OK...**** football I'll be over at 2:00 and we can practice earlier" but I still have the games set to record...on Sunday Ticket.

It's starting to bother me when I reflect on how 1/14th (6 months of Sundays every year) of my adult life have been devoted to a Franchise that has given me DAMN LITTLE in return in made me miserable. And the only thing that will fix it is for me to walk away... if I can,

Seriously when I think of it in this context I can understand why it's SO hard for people to leave toxic relationships.

1 minute ago, hawgboy said:

Not sure... I think he told me Meridian once but I don't recall.

I do know I like Boise State and he's a Vandal guy (not that there's anything wrong with it).

Ya he told me boise..its all the same basically isn't it?..meridian boise Caldwell nampa.

13 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ya he told me boise..its all the same basically isn't it?..meridian boise Caldwell nampa.

It's sure becoming that way... over the last 30 years all the farms/ranchland separating them has been turned to Subdivisions (cue RUSH synth opening).

I think a lot of people are going to be shocked when the 2020 Census results come out and they see just how many people really are in the Treasure Valley.

3 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

It's sure becoming that way... over the last 30 years all the farms/ranchland separating them has been turned to Subdivisions (cue RUSH synth opening).

I think a lot of people are going to be shocked when the 2020 Census results come out and they see just how many people really are in the Treasure valley.

I agree..I went over there a few months back and went to star and was surprised with the amount of subdivisions that were going up...same way here in Bonneville county..all developing from the interstate all the way out to ammon..soon gonna connect north to Jefferson county..rigby rexburg 

On 10/10/2019 at 10:39 AM, FrFan said:

If we were tanking which we aren't, getting the 1st overall pick would allow us to get as much and even more than we paid for RG3. Trade it to the Fins for their 2 top 5 picks and select Andrew Thomas and Jerry Jeudy (or trade down) plus a second this year to compensate for the Sweat trade. I know it's not going to happen with dumb and dumbass.

If you end up with the top pick I dont know how you can pass on a QB in all honesty. That is the reason we need to see Haskins play the rest of the season IMO. This draft is stacked at QB. 

I have always been anti tanking. I think it sets a bad precedent and that tanking for certain college players is unreliable. 

However, I am wavering in that regard as I have realized that an 0-16 season would be the best case scenario for our franchise. 

A couple unique scenarios have presented themselves to us.

1.) A last place finish almost guarantees a cleaning of the house. Coaches and more importantly, Bruce allen, would have to be removed. 

2.) We have a chance to absolutely destroy this draft. This draft has some very strong top end talent, 2 qbs that are rated highly, and multiple qb needy teams that will be selecting early on. We could reasonably trade down with Miami or Cincinnati to the second pick, then trade down from the second pick and still land a blue chip player. And we would aquire a ****ton of draft picks in the process from desperate teams who have surplus draft capit The draft has never played out like this before. 

I don't believe that one player is worth adjusting your team strategy, but I do believe that with enough top picks, the odds swing in your direction.. especially if you already have a qb and can build around him. 

3.) We have disgruntled players and bad contracts that need to be removed next year or sooner. Reed, trent, norman, Alex smith. We need to use next year to purge the roster and clear cap space. 

4.) Having the first pick with the above considerations would make DC a much more desirable coaching destination imo. 

Now that I wrote all that, I've kind of convinced myself that tanking is the best option. Very short term pain for the possibility of setting up a dynasty. 

Now.. on to the rest of the season where we probably win a few pointless games with a guy who was promoted despite being awful at his job. We will 100% screw this up in pure redskins fashion. 

12 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

56 here, and yes I want them to tank.

If they go 5-11, for example, Brucifer Prince of Dimness will likely persuade Lord Farquaad that the team is rebounding and retain his position whilst making Callahan HC permanently. If we lose out, the embarrassment will force the exorcism of Brucifer.

Except we losing out doesn't mean Bruce will be gone. It is not a guaranteed.

I will not root for the team to lose but I won't complain this year, if they continue to lose.

Pro-  You will have a Top 5 pick at least and possibly #1.  If we stay with Haskins, we could parlay that #1 pick or high pick to a QB needy team for multiple draft picks.  You could possibly pick players that are the foundation for a revival. O.K. odds of that are slim if Bruce is still there but there's potential.   Also, tanking could finally wake up Dan Snyder.  Bruce told Dan we were close.  Going 3-13 or worse, could lead to BRuce finally being gone.    True, chances are slim Bruce is gone but you never know.

Con- Watching the stench of a tanked season. 

I don't think I could ever cheer for the Skins to lose, it isn't ingrained in my DNA.  Then again, when they lose I don't really care anymore, so I guess I'm pretty ambivalent to the whole issue.  Win, lose, whatever.

Getting the #1 overall doesn't mean much.  If we did I would hope they would trade down because we need a whole bunch of help and a whole bunch of picks before we are good again.

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

If you end up with the top pick I dont know how you can pass on a QB in all honesty. That is the reason we need to see Haskins play the rest of the season IMO. This draft is stacked at QB. 

I'd rather start by building the OL, then I would select a QB which won't have to run for his life when on the field. I would also trade Norman, and Trent (a 1st would be a minimum), maybe we can do most of that in one draft assuming we would pick right, but it's still a long shot.

Archived