Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

 

 

I really like Ron.  But Kyle is a hell of a coach.  I'd take him in a heart beat.  

 

He did choke away the SB with Atlanta, but I put that on Quinn as well.  The HC has GOT to tell the OC to run the damn ball in that situation.  It's game management.  Kyle blew it for sure as the play caller.  But Quinn should have saved him from himself.

 

I like Ron, too.  But yeah Kyle knows how to run an offense.  Considering this team doesn't even sniff the playoffs most years and the rare times we do its typically one and out -- I'd take some dramatic SB loses versus not even being a threat to get there. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State, here's the door.

 

That’s an apt analogy seeing as the kid threw himself through the door. He did it to himself. No one picked him up and did it to him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

So is the only thing we’ve seen or heard about Haskins recently is that team fine. He’s pretty much dropped off the face of the earth at the minute??

He warmed up with the team and apparently was part of the pre-game festivities, and by all accounts, was being a good team player. Apart from the fine, that's all I heard. Other than that, he's gone underground.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle definitely brings something to the offense so far. Mainly because he has a better comfort level. As long as the offense is running descent, I'm good.

Players get benched for a lack of performance. Hopefully, DH gets another opportunity and makes the best of it. If not, this is not d-league. Also, he's got to change the perception/narrative. If you're not a strong study guy or you don't work hard, you better be a gamer and you best have some humility about you. That's life.

Edited by joeken24
add
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not even going to comment on the post that was criticizing Kyle as a head coach. That was too idiotic to respond to.

 

As for Dwayne I think we can all agree that this story going away is the best thing for everyone. The team should be in no hurry to trade or cut him. Why not wait until the offseason when all this has died down and teams evaluate their roster. If there is any chance of getting a late pick, which I seriously doubt, it will come in the offseason.. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

I like Ron, too.  But yeah Kyle knows how to run an offense.  Considering this team doesn't even sniff the playoffs most years and the rare times we do its typically one and out -- I'd take some dramatic SB loses versus not even being a threat to get there. 

It's funny, I think about who are in that top tier of coaches, and then I look at what they do well, or if they are the defacto coordinator on either side of the ball:

 

Bill Belichick - I think his real strength is team preparation, but he's a defensive genius also.  I don't think he calls the defenses anymore, but it's by his design.  

Andy Reid - his real strength is offense. He might be one of the most creative offensive minds in the league.  He (mostly) calls the offensive plays, and his teams have always had productive offenses, regardless of who the QB has been.  Hell, he made Donovan McNabb into a productive passer somehow.  

Pete Carroll - His real strength is team preparation and coordination.  He let's his coordinators mostly run the X's and O's as far as I can tell.  

Sean McVay - Clearly an offensive guy, still calls plays, kindof leaves the defense to the coordinator.

Kyle Shanahn - Similar to Sean.  I believe he still calls plays. 

 

Those are the current coaches I put at the top of the list.  I'm sure I'm missing somebody, there are a bunch of "second tier" guys who are really good and could make an argument for top (Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin and that **** John Harbaugh immediately come to mind), but those are my top 5 right now. 

 

I don't know why I went down this road, I started this post 7 hours ago, and just getting back to it.  Shrug.  Anyway, yeah, I'll take a superbowl bungle over 3-12 to 7-9 for 20 years... 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It's funny, I think about who are in that top tier of coaches, and then I look at what they do well, or if they are the defacto coordinator on either side of the ball:

 

Bill Belichick - I think his real strength is team preparation, but he's a defensive genius also.  I don't think he calls the defenses anymore, but it's by his design.  

Andy Reid - his real strength is offense. He might be one of the most creative offensive minds in the league.  He (mostly) calls the offensive plays, and his teams have always had productive offenses, regardless of who the QB has been.  Hell, he made Donovan McNabb into a productive passer somehow.  

Pete Carroll - His real strength is team preparation and coordination.  He let's his coordinators mostly run the X's and O's as far as I can tell.  

Sean McVay - Clearly an offensive guy, still calls plays, kindof leaves the defense to the coordinator.

Kyle Shanahn - Similar to Sean.  I believe he still calls plays. 

 

Those are the current coaches I put at the top of the list.  I'm sure I'm missing somebody, there are a bunch of "second tier" guys who are really good and could make an argument for top (Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin and that **** John Harbaugh immediately come to mind), but those are my top 5 right now. 

 

I don't know why I went down this road, I started this post 7 hours ago, and just getting back to it.  Shrug.  Anyway, yeah, I'll take a superbowl bungle over 3-12 to 7-9 for 20 years... 

Mike tomlin deserves to be in that top 5.  That man is a football coach.  A leader of men.  ....I hope that’s exactly what we have in rivera

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO Haskins is done here only if he decides he is done here. I get it, he's young and ****y and doesn't see things the way he might, but he could humble himself and work to be the starter. He has the resources here, there are good people around him willing and able to help him grow but he has to accept the situation and ask for it, much the same way that you cannot change anyone unless and until they decide they need help.

 

In a word ego. Thego gotta go, Rivera is working to build the foundation of this team, "team" being the operative word. And I'm not sure Haskins gets that or can change in a way that lets him get that, especially when he seems to have a bunch of enablers around him whispering in his ear that it's not HIS problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Kyle definitely brings something to the offense so far. Mainly because he has a better comfort level. As long as the offense is running descent, I'm good.

Players get benched for a lack of performance. Hopefully, DH gets another opportunity and makes the best of it. If not, this is not d-league. Also, he's got to change the perception/narrative. If you're not a strong study guy or you don't work hard, you better be a gamer and you best have some humility about you. That's life.

 

I think the wheels are making a bigger difference than what I thought they would. So far atleast. im still grading on a scale cause the Dallas defense is just hilariously bad. But I expect that will be proven one way or the other in a few weeks. 

 

But previously I thought it obvious that Allens legs, and Haskins fast as **** release would basically equal out in terms out helping the oline and keeping the offense going. But Haskins wasnt seeing the field well....or something. I wont claim to know what. But he can get it out as fast as he wants but if hes not hitting anything its basically useless (giggity) 

 

3 hours ago, LD0506 said:

IMO Haskins is done here only if he decides he is done here. I get it, he's young and ****y and doesn't see things the way he might, but he could humble himself and work to be the starter. He has the resources here, there are good people around him willing and able to help him grow but he has to accept the situation and ask for it, much the same way that you cannot change anyone unless and until they decide they need help.

 

In a word ego. Thego gotta go, Rivera is working to build the foundation of this team, "team" being the operative word. And I'm not sure Haskins gets that or can change in a way that lets him get that, especially when he seems to have a bunch of enablers around him whispering in his ear that it's not HIS problem.

 

Yea, thats what makes it sad unfortunately. It is fun rooting for a guy with the physical skills and the correct mindset that is just not making it happen for some reason. But when you can tell the reason that guy is just not making it happen is because of his ego you start to root for him to fail. Im in that second stage at this point. I remember saying that about PG dudes tho. I made an ass of myself but look. I was right. (no i was never right about this guy but i did make an ass of myself dont go look) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Former Washington starting quarterback Dwayne Haskins would welcome a new start if the team can find a trade partner before Tuesday’s trade deadline.

The report comes from ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler, who says the Haskins camp knows a trade is probably inevitable at some point either now or later, so they might as well just do it now.

Washington might entertain offers for the former first-round quarterback, but it remains to be seen if they would get enough back to satisfy them, Fowler adds.

Haskins started the season as the team’s starting quarterback but was demoted to third-string quarterback after Week 4. He’s been a healthy inactive for each of the last three weeks.

Haskins also recently fell into some trouble for violating the team’s COVID-19 protocols, Adam Schefter of ESPN reported. While the team was sequestered at its hotel, where no one other than essential staff is supposed to be, Haskins made a reservation for a family friend to stay at the hotel. The team fined him $4,833.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

So realistically what do we see has his trade value. Is it nothing? What was Rosen, initially a 2&5. Ok so nowhere near that, mid rounder maybe? 

 

I'd say a mid rounder.  At this point, just get rid of him.  Take what you can get, move on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

So realistically what do we see has his trade value. Is it nothing? What was Rosen, initially a 2&5. Ok so nowhere near that, mid rounder maybe? 

 

According to Keim and others right now teams aren't clamoring for Haskins.  Probably a pipe dream but ideal scenario is Reddick gets hired this off season and goes to a team that needs a QB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

According to Keim and others right now teams aren't clamoring for Haskins.  Probably a pipe dream but ideal scenario is Reddick gets hired this off season and goes to a team that needs a QB. 

"Aren't clamoring"???  If Bruce Allen were hired by any team in the league, even if he channeled his father, Bruce might give you an 8th round pick.  Anyone else?  They're better off keeping the pick and not using it than trading for Haskins.  BTW, you think the response was intense when Snyder was considering hiring Fassell?  At least Snyder didn't have to disguise himself and move out of his house under cover of darkness. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

"Aren't clamoring"???  If Bruce Allen were hired by any team in the league, even if he channeled his father, Bruce might give you an 8th round pick.  Anyone else?  They're better off keeping the pick and not using it than trading for Haskins.  BTW, you think the response was intense when Snyder was considering hiring Fassell?  At least Snyder didn't have to disguise himself and move out of his house under cover of darkness. 

 

I am no Dan guy to say the least.  And he's had some rough times this year to put it mildly.  The Haskins debacle looks to be another log in the fire in the mix of embarassing moves he's made over his imfamous reign here. 

 

My argument with some here is even if they agree with Dan's man crush on Haskins.  So what?  He's not a professional scout.  his instincts have proven to be horrific.  You don't IMO endorse or gloss over his involvement with the pick -- its unhealthy and another case of why this team has been a loser under his reign. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I say hold on to him and let the dust settle. If someone offers a mid rounder fine. But shouldn't just let him go for peanuts.

 

Yes we should.  Peanuts is the best we're going to get prior to the deadline.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my new way of thinking about this......swap the draft selections in your head.

1st round Mclaurin

3rd round Haskins

 

See it all works out for the better......now get a third for Haskins and this is a wash.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...