Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I also think that somewhere along the way, something was lost in the archived CoC thread.  I went back to look, and it appears as thought all of the posts in the Cult of Colt are gone.  I swear I remember seeing that thread with over 1000 pages, because the page count broke the board.  Maybe I'm mis-remembering the total count, but I definitely remember if you clicked on a page number, it took you to another. Maybe 679 is the right number, but that just feels low to me.  Not that it matters even a little bit. 

 

Well thats interesting. I remember before (and this is getting into the technical side of things) but You had the option of setting how many posts you viewed per page back in the day. I think it was like 10, 15 or 40. I always had mine set to 40. So now that its 25 or so, that may change things. But this could change the number of pages in the thread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I must say the *tweet about Ron being untrustworthy and in over his head* posts sure have died down.  Something tells me they will pop up after the next loss where Allen looks bad.

We have a bye week right now and its the day after a win and its the day Ron got to ring the bell. Its not the time for that. But one win over the Cowboys doesn't have me suddenly all aboard the Ron train. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I can't believe there's another discussion about the Cult of Colt. I thought they had all left by now

In fairness, I am the one who brought up the CoC in this thread just to say that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.  


The Haskins thing is completely rational in comparison to the CoC. Haskins was the 15th overall pick who was mis-treated last year, talked up since August, and then benched 4 games in and demoted to 3rd string, essentially sent to the dog house.  (Btw, we now have a very real version of what Ron Rivera's dog house looks like.  And it also looks once you're in it, you gotta work REALLY hard to get out of it.) A lot of discussion on the topic would be expected.  Much more so than an undrafted rookie with a noodle arm and a ****y attitude. 

 

What was the name of the RGIII thread which became a war zone?  I've blocked it from my memory.  There was the "How's RGIII?" thread. But wasn't there one in 2013 and 2014 which went full nuclear?  I remember having PAGES of discussion on a play because Griffin was late on a throw, and there was some doobie who was going blue in the face saying he wasn't.  Even after it was shown he was, and I think the coach even said the throw was not done with the proper mechanics/timing? That was unbelievable also, but much more expected given the success of 2013. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

 

Cult of Colt was very Washington/Hawaii specific, like you can ask people do they know who Colt Brennan is and who drafted him and most wouldn't have a clue. But you're right about Tebow, he had far more success than Haskins, which makes Haskins appeal even stranger.

 

I have never seen someone put in such low effort to get such an intense cult following, and these guys are intense - you hate on ol "Simba" and you get the kitchen sink back - they are super funny, but its one of the stranger things I've seen.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Well thats interesting. I remember before (and this is getting into the technical side of things) but You had the option of setting how many posts you viewed per page back in the day. I think it was like 10, 15 or 40. I always had mine set to 40. So now that its 25 or so, that may change things. But this could change the number of pages in the thread. 

The good old days.  ES still had the black background then, I think.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thinking Skins said:

We have a bye week right now and its the day after a win and its the day Ron got to ring the bell. Its not the time for that. But one win over the Cowboys doesn't have me suddenly all aboard the Ron train. 

I didn't say anything about being all aboard the Ron train, I just noticed that the protestors have dispersed the train station and aren't here to throw eggs at the train today.  Something tells me had Allen laid an egg yesterday and the game was either close or a loss, they would have showed up by now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

We have a bye week right now and its the day after a win and its the day Ron got to ring the bell. Its not the time for that. But one win over the Cowboys doesn't have me suddenly all aboard the Ron train. 

I like Ron.  I've always liked Ron.  So I'm biased, but I posted in this thread a few days ago what I thought really was going on with his communication, and why he was saying what he was saying, and doing what he was doing, and the mistake.

 

I think things are going to be ok. But I can see how people are skeptical.  

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I didn't say anything about being all aboard the Ron train, I just noticed that the protestors have dispersed the train station and aren't here to throw eggs at the train today.  Something tells me had Allen laid an egg yesterday and the game was either close or a loss, they would have showed up by now.

Well, that's going to be true after any bad performance by any coach, right?  Maybe except Belichick?  The angry mob comes out with pitchforks and torches and demands an explanation and a pound of flesh? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well, that's going to be true after any bad performance by any coach, right?  Maybe except Belichick?  The angry mob comes out with pitchforks and torches and demands an explanation and a pound of flesh? 

True.  However, I'm mainly talking about 'Ron is bad, because Dwayne' contingent.  Not the usual pitchfork mob.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I didn't say anything about being all aboard the Ron train, I just noticed that the protestors have dispersed the train station and aren't here to throw eggs at the train today.  Something tells me had Allen laid an egg yesterday and the game was either close or a loss, they would have showed up by now.

I think two things can be true. He can be building a winning culture and he can have handled the Haskins sitation improperly. He says things different to the media than he does to the team. We saw how Dallas foleded and we did not. We also saw the running game come together yesterday, something we haven't seen until now. So I'm not going to criticize his (or Turner's) coaching yesterday. But had he coached differently or made a dumb decision I'd probably be here criticing him. Heck I was defending him in the GDT when others wanted more points, I was saying that we need to play smart and play for the win instead of chasing stats which can lead to a mistake. 

 

But that said, I don't like everything I've seen from him. I've commented earlier (mainly in this thread) about why and if I disagree with his plan against NY or Det or Cincy then I'll come back to the forum and criticize him. But I thought here he was good (except the QB sneak at 4th and 1. I would have given it to Barber or Gibson). 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

 

It's interesting to see how Dallas is imploding with player leaks anonymously calling out their coaches, yet there was none of that here when Rivera benched Haskins.  That's pretty telling.  

Bc haskins blows and he was given title of Captain without earning it.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I think two things can be true. He can be building a winning culture and he can have handled the Haskins sitation improperly.

Agreed, he should have tried to trade Haskins in the offseason. 😉

 

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

 

But that said, I don't like everything I've seen from him.

You could say the same for every coach we've ever had, including Joe Gibbs.  My point is not that Ron walks on water and can't be criticized, it just seems like there has been a lot of piling on due to the QB situation.  And I'd expect some of the usual suspects to have appeared by now had yesterday's game went differently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

Remember the RGIII days as he was failing and fans kept claiming that Kyle Shanahan was the problem and only was employed because of his father? Those were good times.  

I honestly don't remember those. I remember the masses being anti-Mike but I don't remember too many people harping on Kyle.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I honestly don't remember those. I remember the masses being anti-Mike but I don't remember too many people harping on Kyle.

 

Mostly radio callers but I did see a few posts, may not have been here as I wasn't active here back then.  But even being anti-Mike made little sense to me. He was obviously a good head coach, the problems were above him. 

 

 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

Mostly radio callers but I did see a few posts, may not have been here as I wasn't active here back then.  But even being anti-Mike made little sense to me. He was obviously a good head coach, the problems were above him. 

 

 

I think he was a big part of the problem. Both Mike and Dan were stubborn and were putting egos ahead of the team. As good as that 2012 season was, Mike basically let RG3 do whatever he wanted simply because it was a win-win for him. If RG3 faulters then it wasn't Mike's pick, but if they do well, the coach always gets a good chunk of the praise. But Mike was the reason Rg3's career took a different trajectory, mainly because he let Robert dictate when he can play. I honestly lost a lot of respect for Mike how he handled his tenure here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhat related to Haskins, but Kyle put up his 3rd solid QBR rating in a row. For comparison's sake, Haskins only has 1 game of over a 60 QBR (season finale 2019 vs. NYG) and has an average QBR of 33.

 

Allen's QBR so far this season puts him around 19-20 in the NFL, in between Jared Goff and Jimmy Garappolo.

Allen.JPG

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The good old days.  ES still had the black background then, I think.  

 

miss that black background every day. So many apps and sites are getting dark modes now I always wonder if the software they use here will bring it back someday. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I think he was a big part of the problem. Both Mike and Dan were stubborn and were putting egos ahead of the team. As good as that 2012 season was, Mike basically let RG3 do whatever he wanted simply because it was a win-win for him. If RG3 faulters then it wasn't Mike's pick, but if they do well, the coach always gets a good chunk of the praise. But Mike was the reason Rg3's career took a different trajectory, mainly because he let Robert dictate when he can play. I honestly lost a lot of respect for Mike how he handled his tenure here.

 

Mike and Kyle did the impossible, they designed an offense that made Robert Griffin a very good QB for a year. But he didn't let Griff do what he wanted, that was Daniel Snyder who empowered his QB to the point where he demanded plays be taken out of the playbook, the only plays they designed that he could actually execute.  

 

As for leaving him in while injured against the Hawks we've seen plenty of injured QBs play. Rivers played with a torn ACL, Leftwhich in college was literally carried to the LOS by teammates and nobody criticized the coach. And this was a college player.  This was a 7 point playoff game, the coach was told by the player that he was OK and by the medical staff who said his limping was a result of the brace.

 

If Shanahan had gone to a team that did not have Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen he would have had different results.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

miss that black background every day. So many apps and sites are getting dark modes now I always wonder if the software they use here will bring it back someday. 

 

Felt kinda like chilling in an opera house. A very schizophrenic opera house.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I honestly don't remember those. I remember the masses being anti-Mike but I don't remember too many people harping on Kyle.

Like every other play caller we've ever had, he was "terrible", "doesn't call plays to his QB's strengths", etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Like every other play caller we've ever had, he was "terrible", "doesn't call plays to his QB's strengths", etc.

I remember a few who lost their minds after every game and demanded some sort of personal vengeance because we didn't repeat the same success in 2013, but for the most part I saw educated criticisms regarding who was to blame. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...