Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

55 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Then the inmates still run the asylum and there is still no professionalism in the organization. If this is what you perceive as acceptable, the idea of players and coaches running to journalists with dirt, then nothing is ever going to change. 

This happens everywhere.  See what's happening in Dallas, see what happened in Houston where players let it known without putting their names to the quotes that they thought Bill O'Brien was an idiot. If you think this is unique to Washington you would be wrong.  We just hear more crap because this owner creates so many problems there is more drama to leak out than in most places. When a coach benches a first-round draft pick after 4 games without this inside information we'd all be under the false impression that this is terribly unfair. I'm glad we have this information so now we understand the complete picture.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Then the inmates still run the asylum and there is still no professionalism in the organization. If this is what you perceive as acceptable, the idea of players and coaches running to journalists with dirt, then nothing is ever going to change. 

Indeed.  Our big culture change has amounted to a less stable and competitive team with apparently the same catty backstabbing outside of the locker room.

16 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This happens everywhere.  See what's happening in Dallas, see what happened in Houston where players let it known without putting their names to the quotes that they thought Bill O'Brien was an idiot. If you think this is unique to Washington you would be wrong.  We just hear more crap because this owner creates so many problems there is more drama to leak out than in most places. When a coach benches a first-round draft pick after 4 games without this inside information we'd all be under the false impression that this is terribly unfair. I'm glad we have this information so now we understand the complete picture.

We assume things are unfair because we’re used to the dysfunction that starts at the top. We as Washington fans are programmed at this point to make mountains out of molehills and assume there’s always something bigger behind the scenes. There’s not. A young kid didn’t perform well and acted foolishly behind the scene and got benched for it. On a professionally run franchise, this isn’t news. This is business as usual. Using Houston and Dallas as examples of the norm isn’t helping your cause. Both are extremely dysfunctional franchises that are known more failures than success. Quiet franchises are the ones that always seem to be winning.

Every time we see glimpses of the amateurish behavior we thought the franchise was working to remove, the more I realize that we continually keep just trying to put band-aids on gunshot wounds.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Indeed.  Our big culture change has amounted to a less stable and competitive team with apparently the same catty backstabbing outside of the locker room.

Culture changes famously, of course, happening in six games. 

Was really hoping you’d respond to this so that everyone knows you’re impartial on Haskins the talent when they read your posts about him:

On 10/23/2020 at 9:56 AM, ConnSKINS26 said:

So again you responded to a post pleading you to just admit that it’s POSSIBLE your eval on Haskins was off, that maybe he wasn’t as good a prospect as you thought, with stuff about Rivera. If you can’t admit it’s POSSIBLE you were wrong about Haskins coming out of college, that maybe he’s not very good on top of the reported other off-field concerns, I’m not sure why anyone should give weight to your argument that Rivera ruined him (and on purpose at that). You need to be able to admit your eval on Haskins isn’t a stone cold lock for anyone to take you seriously, or the bias just shines through too strongly. 

4 hours ago, wit33 said:

I don’t put all the blame on either party, the coaches/FO or reporters, but believe the more noise a franchise can eliminate the stronger the culture.

The goal being to provide a safe environment for players, coaches, and FO to work in and theoretically have the freedom to produce at a high level respective to their role within the franchise. Noise/drama gets in the way and distracts people from operating at peak levels. 

All the noise and drama we are experiencing right now is all about one player.  He's not here and there is no noise or drama. 

I think the experience part and the td/int ratio and the system you played in is important. The rest really doesn't matter. Scrubs can throw for 60% nowadays.

I think if you've been through the fire for several years, you know what it takes in terms of preparation and diagnosing defenses. And if you struggle with accuracy in college, I think that would be an even harder transition to the pros, where everything is in a warp speed phone booth.

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I bet that's a bit outdated now. I don't think Mahomes, Murray, or Jackson fit those criteria. The league has evolved.

All those guys are mobile to the nth degree.  NFL has evolved, but I really like that list.  

Like @Mr. Sinister a multi-year start in college has at least an idea of what its going to take to stay a multi-year starter in the pros.

We tried the one-hit wonder idea with Haskins, it should be just as important to prove yourself repeatedly in college as it is in the pros if that's to be expected.

The problem is how many of these QBs explode and don't stay for the senior year out of fear of getting injured.  Especially now with the money on the line, that's basically why Haskins came out when he did, he should've stayed at least another year.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

All those guys are mobile to the nth degree.  NFL has evolved, but I really like that list.  

Like @Mr. Sinister a multi-year start in college has at least an idea of what its going to take to stay a multi-year starter in the pros.

We tried the one-hit wonder idea with Haskins, it should be just as important to prove yourself repeatedly in college as it is in the pros if that's to be expected.

The problem is how many of these QBs explode and don't stay for the senior year out of fear of getting injured.  Especially now with the money on the line, that's basically why Haskins came out when he did, he should've stayed at least another year.

Yeah, Haskins was right to come out.  He would never have gone above Tua and Herbert. He had no idea Burrow would have supplanted him too.  Too bad our stupid owner and dolt Bruce wanted him 

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah, Haskins was right to come out.  He would never have gone above Tua and Herbert. He had no idea Burrow would have supplanted him too.  Too bad our stupid owner and dolt Bruce wanted him 

How is he right if he's going to be out the NFL soon?  Because he got paid more?  He would've made more if he coulda stayed in the NFL long-term, there's no way anyone gives him some $100+ million plus deal at this rate, was #15 in the draft contract with no option picked up worth it?

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

All the noise and drama we are experiencing right now is all about one player.  He's not here and there is no noise or drama. 

There will always be noise and drama when the team is losing be it a player or coach. That's what poorly run franchises do. They look for scapegoats to absolve themselves. I rarely hear anyone come out from our locker room and talk about how they have to be better and play better. 

4 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Culture changes famously, of course, happening in six games. 

Was really hoping you’d respond to this so that everyone knows you’re impartial on Haskins the talent when they read your posts about him:

Why on Earth would I change my pre-draft evaluation of Haskins based on him failing with a dog**** team and awful coaching staff that set him up to fail?  Because I care about convincing a bunch of WFT fans on the message board who probably never watched him before he got here, much less evaluated him, much less have some kind of objective understanding of him as a prospect?

I think you guys are desperately clinging to this belief that there is some unique failing in Haskins so you can preserve your optimism for a coaching staff that has been God awful.  For a regime change that has been a disaster.  There isn't any.  He's an ordinary prospect.  He absolutely had all of the tools necessary to succeed in the NFL.  He had the misfortune to be drafted into an awful situation that stunted his career.  It's a super common outcome.  It's the wasteful reality of **** franchises in the NFL.

@stevemcqueen1I didn’t ask you to change your pre-draft evaluation, that would be changing history and serves no one. That eval was done and exists. I asked you if, now in the present, there was any part of you that believes it’s possible you were wrong then and that Haskins was not as good a prospect as you thought—If that could be playing a role in his failure, on top of everything else you’re unhappy about with the current regime.

I asked you if it was POSSIBLE that was happening. It seems your answer is no, which is puzzling. Aren’t there prospects you just get wrong, like everyone else? I guarantee that you don’t think EVERY miss you’ve had is a result of bad team fit or mis-use etc. That would be the height of arrogance, I assume that isn’t the case and you in fact know that sometimes you just miss on a guy. So why are you so resistant to the possibility that this is one of those times, and on top of everything else you feel has been mishandled, Haskins and his talent may be part of the problem? 

9 hours ago, Llevron said:

You can’t actually think this won’t just move to another topic. It happens every time. The obsession belongs to the fans, not the player. 

If he's cut, the thread should be closed because OP is about welcoming him here.  We don't always do that, but to keep from beating a dead horse I hope we do with this one.

Edit:  he could get Cousins treatment here if we as fans don't move on.  We were basically forced to stop talking about him because it was taking over the board even after he was a Viking if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

Lol, so you start another Haskins thread so this circle jerk can now be a figure 8?

Pfft, its a message board, not everyone wants to cut him, I didn't want to derail this one and it would've fell off if he turned it around proving me wrong.

11 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

There will always be noise and drama when the team is losing be it a player or coach. That's what poorly run franchises do. They look for scapegoats to absolve themselves. I rarely hear anyone come out from our locker room and talk about how they have to be better and play better. 

So the worst QB in the NFL 2 years running is a scape goat?  

Interesting theory.  

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Why on Earth would I change my pre-draft evaluation of Haskins based on him failing with a dog**** team and awful coaching staff that set him up to fail?  Because I care about convincing a bunch of WFT fans on the message board who probably never watched him before he got here, much less evaluated him, much less have some kind of objective understanding of him as a prospect?

I think you guys are desperately clinging to this belief that there is some unique failing in Haskins so you can preserve your optimism for a coaching staff that has been God awful.  For a regime change that has been a disaster.  There isn't any.  He's an ordinary prospect.  He absolutely had all of the tools necessary to succeed in the NFL.  He had the misfortune to be drafted into an awful situation that stunted his career.  It's a super common outcome.  It's the wasteful reality of **** franchises in the NFL.

Your defense of a horrible QB is adorable.  When he flames out and is out of the league you will continue to blame everyone but the player. Many fans took this approach with Johnny Manzel as well and they look really stupid now.  

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Your defense of a horrible QB is adorable.  When he flames out and is out of the league you will continue to blame everyone but the player. Many fans took this approach with Johnny Manzel as well and they look really stupid now.  

People choose interesting hills to die on.

Archived