Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

So....he's not dressing again for the Cowboys game. Does that mean he's not likely to dress again for the rest of the season? I can't see him having any value to the team at this point and I can't imagine any other team being willing to trade for him after this incident on top of everything else. If they won't play him and can't trade him, I can't see them doing anything else but cutting him.

If so, that means the team would finish the season with Allen as the starter and Smith as the backup (or vice versa) and Logan Thomas as the emergency QB. That's not a great situation to be in for the rest of the season given Smith's injury history. His recovery is great but he is still an unknown quantity as far as being a long term QB is concerned. If they cut Dwayne, do they then go out and find another backup to fill the rest of the season? It seems to me that they would have to.

39 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Why can't you Haskins fan boys just let it go? He just sucks and it has nothing to do with the Organization or HC..What QB did they run out of town recently did they not develop? They gave Cousins and RG3 plenty of time to develop and neither one amounted to much..

Haskins fanboys? You're creating something in your head. 

35 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I dont think its an issue of development. We just suck at evaluating that position. And we have a meddlesome owner who cuts his football people off at the knees

It's evaluation and expectation. There is no middle ground here. You are either elite or we will act like you are the worst QB in the league. 

The only time we accept middle of the pack QB play is from an old vet who we already have set expectations for.

4 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Haskins fanboys? You're creating something in your head. 

how so? Haskins had his chance and he blew it and you fanboys keep making excuses for him..

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

So....he's not dressing again for the Cowboys game. Does that mean he's not likely to dress again for the rest of the season? I can't see him having any value to the team at this point and I can't imagine any other team being willing to trade for him after this incident on top of everything else. If they won't play him and can't trade him, I can't see them doing anything else but cutting him.

If so, that means the team would finish the season with Allen as the starter and Smith as the backup (or vice versa) and Logan Thomas as the emergency QB. That's not a great situation to be in for the rest of the season given Smith's injury history. His recovery is great but he is still an unknown quantity as far as being a long term QB is concerned. If they cut Dwayne, do they then go out and find another backup to fill the rest of the season? It seems to me that they would have to.

They have Steven Montez on the practice squad. They don’t need a QB off the street. At this point I would not be surprised if Allen gets hurt that Montez would be called up to the active roster as number 2.

20 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

It's evaluation and expectation. There is no middle ground here. You are either elite or we will act like you are the worst QB in the league. 

The only time we accept middle of the pack QB play is from an old vet who we already have set expectations for.

Or if he was making 5% of the yearly cap. 

The issue is the middling QB wanting to get paid elite money. 

• Like 1

Stories like that remind you why you send people home when they are Ill. Never know what’s really going on. Air on the side of caution or it could cost you an entire unit of players.

I can’t believe I am typing these words but… Good job WFT medical staff. I'll give them props for how they handled this situation.

Eww, I feel dirty. More dirty than usual. (Zombie Pun)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

At this rate, Simba better hope the XFL v3.0 works out so he can keep his career going.

I don't get it. You're in the doghouse anyway, and you decide to violate team rules and health protocols? 

He's just Haskin for trouble. 

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Haha 9
5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Anyone think he's intentionally trying to get cut ?

Maybe, but that would be another major immature decision that might prevent him from signing with another NFL team. I'd like to hear danny boy about him :rolleyes:. I bet he doesn't dare to send his vanilla to Riverboat.

8 hours ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

The real question is:  how do you come up with a fine amount of $4,833?  Why not $4,800, $4,850 or even just round up to $5,000?  Heck, why not $4,833.33 if you’re going to be like that? And he has to pay with exact change. 

maybe he was only 33% in the wrong :ols:

6 hours ago, IrepDC said:

that’s exactly the issue with those that really support Haskins’ corner the most. A lack of acceptance that he may not have the elite potential they thought. Face the fact Rivera benched him because he didn’t look that great on various levels, preparation, performance, application, professionalism etc.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Have you ever seen a quarterback with such little value have as much supporters as Haskins? He's treated like a Lamar Jackson or Patrick Mahomes by the media and his fans. 

Great post that I want to highlight. 

These Haskins apologists are going to look really stupid in a few years, at some point in time they will run out of excuses and others to blame for Dwayne's failures.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Great post that I want to highlight. 

These Haskins apologists are going to look really stupid in a few years, at some point in time they will run out of excuses and others to blame for Dwayne's failures.  

Plenty of people still blame Shanny for RG3s career being crap.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The COVID thing is his letting you know all the maturity rumors are true. I guarantee there is more like that we just dont know about yet. 

We knew anyways. 

“what you want?” To Thomas Davis.

Looking off to the side while coach is with Keenum. 

Selfies in the stands.

Liking a tweet or IG photo about Gruden being fired. 

The leaks didn’t make a difference, the eye test tells the story. 

How could I forget the agent tweet?

(I know you know this... I just wanted to back this.)

I don’t believe there is some grand crusade against Haskins, I think Haskins is is against Haskins. 

Now he’s trying to get himself cut (this is absolutely ME guessing). Probably a ploy orchestrated by his agent. Again, a guess. I hope when he goes elsewhere he surrounds himself with people who want him to succeed 

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The COVID thing is his letting you know all the maturity rumors are true. I guarantee there is more like that we just dont know about yet. 

I'm starting to believe it's not just maturity, guy sounds like a selfish A-hole if you ask me.  I mean it's story after story at this point, that's why it makes me sick to see people continue to defend the indefensible. I can't stand this guy and can't wait until he is out of here.   

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2

Listening to Keim's latest podcast.  Someone posted here that its only been the Les Carpenter story that challenged Dwayne Haskins work ethic this year.  I found that weird considering we posted here Standig, Russell, Keim, Paulsen alll saying they have heard the same thing.

I think it was @Thinking Skins if I recall?  If so, listen to Keim's last podcast if you want further proof.   Keim says in it he's heard from both coaching staffs, the one last year and this year about their issues with Haskins preperation/work ethic.

Logan Paulsen was on that podcast and said if those rumors are true the benching makes sense.  He talked about when he played with Matt Ryan, he was an animal as to how hard he worked, he knew the playbook like a coach and players on offense like to look up to the QB on the field for that reason.  He implied if Haskins isn't working hard that won't go over well in the locker room. 

Keim also said from what he heard no one has called them about trading for Haskins.  He says typically if a team is interested they would at least poke around some on it but no indication that any of that has happened yet. 

Keim talked about work ethic being key and players knowing if another isn't working hard and it doesn't go over well in the locker room.  If you listen to the whole podcast he gets into it at different times.   He goes Haskins needs to show them the off the field stuff.  It's not purely about play. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
53 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t believe there is some grand crusade against Haskins, I think Haskins is is against Haskins. 

Now he’s trying to get himself cut (this is absolutely ME guessing). Probably a ploy orchestrated by his agent. Again, a guess. I hope when he goes elsewhere he surrounds himself with people who want him to succeed 

The dude is definitely sending all the signals he can. I mean I get it, I found myself looking to give him excuses in the first year. I’m not going to stretch myself for this season. It is what it is. 

I think that’s a bad ploy his agent is running btw (I agree with you, def trying to get cut). I assume it’s to swing for the fences and make it look like “Washington just didnt work” and it’s not about his talent at all. But I get the feeling this sets the kid up for one more shot to get paid if he’s lucky. His best bet for his growth as an individual is to learn from this. But that doesn’t seem to be the plan. Shame.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I wonder about the cut drill.  Sheehan mentioned that talking to one beat guy, can't recall whom, he got the vibe that cutting him might be on the table if they can't trade him.  Listening to Keim's podcast this morning, I get the impression that Haskins has zero interest from other teams around the league right now.  Gives me the vibe he might be tough to unload even for a low round pick. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I wonder about the cut drill.  Sheehan mentioned that talking to one beat guy, can't recall whom, he got the vibe that cutting him might be on the table if they can't trade him.  Listening to Keim's podcast this morning, I get the impression that Haskins has zero interest from other teams around the league right now.  Gives me the vibe he might be tough to unload even for a low round pick. 

Good chance there isn’t much trade interest. But someone may bring him in as a free agent. If I’m Washington though, I’m telling him as long as he’s a good sport he can come to the building and learn/workout, etc.. If he isn’t He will be sent home, fined for conduct detrimental and kept on contract. At home. Until they can get a trade for him.

I’m not sure I release him. Maybe in the offseason. But not now. If a team wants to give him a shot they have to give compensation or we’ll keep him and keep trying to get different results.

He has zero trade value at this point in time.  If he continues to be a distraction they should just cut their losses, if he acts like an adult then you keep him and see if other teams needs change or in case of catastrophic QB injuries in Washington. 

19 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Good chance there isn’t much trade interest. But someone may bring him in as a free agent. If I’m Washington though, I’m telling him as long as he’s a good sport he can come to the building and learn/workout, etc.. If he isn’t He will be sent home, fined for conduct detrimental and kept on contract. At home. Until they can get a trade for him.

I’m not sure I release him. Maybe in the offseason. But not now. If a team wants to give him a shot they have to give compensation or we’ll keep him and keep trying to get different results.

It's wild.  When Arizona wanted to move from Rosen they got multiple teams interested.  For Haskins, I'd have my fingers crossed that Louis Reddick gets a job somewhere since he loves him.    

I know a vocal small number of people here think this is just a crazy WFT conspiracy and Haskins' talent is through the roof that just needs to be coaxed from a patient and competent coaching staff.  But the reality is everything points to them being wrong.

Haskins according to multiple NFL insider types was overdrafted.  And the work habits and maturity red flags existed before the draft.  I posted some of that on this very thread.  So when you have that script playing out in front of the NFL, Haskins' market value I'd gather isn't that hot.  But heck we were able to get low round draft picks for Ramsey and Campbell so maybe Haskins, too? 

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The 15th pick just giving up that fast would really blow. 

Maybe that's the final shock that Dan needed to get that he's no NFL scout and not to overrule the dudes who he pays to do it for a living.

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe that's the final shock that Dan needed to get that he's no NFL scout and not to overrule the dudes who he pays to do it for a living.

If only...

I remember Bang did a cartoon a number of years ago when Matt Millen was the Lions GM. Millen was led into a trunk and locked in there during draft day so he didn't take another WR. Can we did do that with Snyder...only permanently? 

• Like 2