Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

You are claiming the former NFL MVP is equivalent to Haskins??? 😂😂😂

Cam looked fanatic before he got Covid. This past game we can give him a pass since he was recovering and not practicing. Let’s see what he does next few weeks. 

Don't even start that ****. No one is saying anything of the kind. I am saying the numbers indicate they are playing at a similar level right now and that is true. Cam is still the better QB but he is not playing that well - at least not right now and was not "top 10" even before the positive Covid test. My point was specifically that he is not and was not playing at a top 10 level. He has slid backwards every game since. 

In fact his completion % this last game was better than before he tested positive for Covid - which BTW unless there was some reporting I am not aware of, he only tested positive but did not actually come down with Covid. Not every who tests positive comes down with the disease. Especially with the NFl - they have had some false positives - which is fine. Totally get the process. If he did come down with Covid, it could not have been serious as he came back very fast. 

But Ok, let's see how he plays the next few games. I still do not see top 10. Is he better than anything on our roster? Yes. No doubt. But he is not the long term answer. He would just be a band-aid on a bad team. Not to mention if he does play really well, is Bill B letting him go? It may all be a moot point as it's unlikely he is even available. 

40 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Jesus, I can't believe this argument is even happening.  It should be self evident that black players face racism and double standards to every NFL fan who doesn't have his head shoved up his ass.

32 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Why is it not allowed here?  This discussion about Haskins is a clear way the issue of race is playing out tangibly and directly for us right now.  I know I'm not the only one who has realized how problematic the stadium has been about race stuff over the years.  IMO this place is not going to get better by quarantining direct discussion of race issues to a single thread.

31 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You insist on breaking the board rules and have now quoted my post that I have edited to remain in compliance. I suggest you just STFU already.  

Really, guys!? 

Relax or this is going to end with some time off for everyone involved. 

I was allowing the talk about race for a little because it does pertain to this topic, but clearly you guys couldn’t keep it civil.

The bolded parts are actually the problem here and the obvious violation of rules. Figure it out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Because he was committed to giving Dwayne a real chance, something some fans here can't acknowledge.  

Can't one commit to Dwayne as the starter and bring in Cam as a backup?  We had no other QB on the roster besides Haskins to start the offseason (unless you truly want to include Alex.)

Just now, Tedskins 21 said:

Can't one commit to Dwayne as the starter and bring in Cam as a backup?  We had no other QB on the roster besides Haskins to start the offseason (unless you truly want to include Alex.)

I don't think Cam would've signed to be a backup...If I remember correctly he made that declaration before signing with NE but I could be wrong. I guess he had to beat out Stidham in NE.

7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Obviously it wasn’t premature and unfair because he is a bust. Some were more sure than others but everyone will eventually get there. 

My predicting came true, which was not much of a bold prediction, but it was simply too soon to label him a bust in March. 

As for everyone getting there eventually that's just not true.  @stevemcqueen1 will still be making excuses.  Just like with RGIII, Kerry Collins or Tim Couch some fans will insist they were "ruined" by their original team and not hold the player accountable in any way. 

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

His decision making in particular has been horrendous.  Allen’s fumble was just unfortunate.  His interception was just bad.  Haskins’s interceptions are balls that never should have been thrown.  His fumbles are because he’s not aware of his surroundings at all.  

Haskins wasn't good, but if you look at it objectively I don't think you are being fair to him.

For example you say, Allen fumble was unfortunate while "Haskins fumbles are because hes not aware of his surroundings at all".  Well Haskins only lost 1 fumble in his last 9 starts and that was against Arizona when the pass pro missed a block.  Why is Allens fumble unfortunate while Haskins who only lost one fumble in his last 9 games fumble was 100% his fault when it clearly wasn't.

Likewise, in his last 8 games, Haskins threw a total of interceptions in 2 games.  So in 6 out of 8 games he had no interceptions.    In 5 out of his last 8 games Haskins had no turnovers (he had 1 fumble lost, and in two games threw interceptions).  Granted in one of the games he threw an interception, he threw three of them (Cleveland).

I admit its hard for me to objective about Kyle Allen because I didn't support Haskins benching.   He made some nice plays against the NYG and but for the turnovers, he played a solid game.

That said I feel like against weaker competition last year at the end of the season against the Giants and Eagles Haskins had two really good games.

In terms of the racial issues, I think its complicated.  People on both sides probably see the issue with more definition than the reality actually is.   Its a bit like evaluating Haskins and Allen.  Once you are invested, its hard to be objective.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Haskins is garbage. You don’t need to sabotage something that is already broken. He simply had to put it on display for the owner who made the pick to see.

You don't get it. Your Haskins hatred (or entrenched stance) is causing you to miss the point.

If Ron thinks Haskins is "garbage" then it's ****ed up coaching to trot him out there for 4 weeks under the guise of "I wanted to be able to say to Snyder I gave him a shot". It wastes a quarter of the season basically knowing he's guaranteeing losses and risks having players be injured all so he can say "See?"...There's no way anyone could be cheering on Rivera manipulating players, games, player's health and even their careers in an effort  to amass enough power to bench the QB. That's Vinny-level behavior.

What's next, then? He left Alex Smith out there even though Allen was cleared to return because he wanted to get Smith injured again so his "guy" could be the undisputed starter? Remember, Smith and Snyder became buddy-buddy during the 2019 season while he was still recuperating. Maybe Ron needed to remove him as well? That's the problem with this thinking...if you feel Rivera actually was thinking the way you described, you can't contain it to just one instance...behavior like that isn't confined to a vacuum. It makes itself known over and over again.

The reality is probably far closer to Rivera saw something in Haskins last year on film--even if you personally did not--that he felt could be developed, told Snyder he would honestly try and do just that but made no promises, Snyder said "Fair enough" because the team was hemorrhaging fans and money, and Rivera went about honestly trying to develop Haskins. But continued missed opportunities by Haskins and a division where a 2-4 record currently leads the NFCE made him rethink his plan.

Edited by Califan007
Damn typos
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

You don't get it. Your Haskins hatred (or entrenched stance) is causing you to miss the point.

If Ron thinks Haskins is "garbage" then it's ****ed up coaching to trot him out there for 4 weeks under the guise of "I wanted to be able to say to Snyder I gave him a shot". It wastes a quarter of the season basically knowing he's guaranteeing losses and risks having players be injured all so he can say "See?"...There's no way anyone could be cheering on Rivera manipulating players, games, player's health and even their careers in an effort  to amass enough power to bench the QB. That's Vinny-level behavior.

What's next, then? He left Alex Smith out there even though Allen was cleared to return because he wanted to get Smith injured again so his "guy" could be the undisputed starter? Remember, Smith and Snyder became buddy-buddy during the 2019 season while he was still recuperating. Maybe Ron needed to remove him as well? That's the problem with this thinking...if you feel Rivera actually was thinking the way you described, you can't contain it to just one instance...behavior like that isn't confined to a vacuum. It makes itself known over and over again.

The reality is probablly far closer to Rivera saw something in Haskins last yer on film that he felt could be developed, told Snyder he would honestly try and do just that but made no promises, Snyder said "Fair enough" because the team was hemorrhaging fans and money, and Rivera want about honestly trying to develop Haskins. But continued missed opportunities by Haskins and a division where a 2-4 record currently leads the NFCE made him rethink his plan.

Your last paragraph is a point I made earlier. He tried Dwayne, it was a complete disaster, he saw the division was there for the taking (he never imagined this early in the season thus the no time outs) so he made the change.  Sounds reasonable to me, he gave the guy he thought he may be able to develop a 3 month audition through training camp and into the season and then went in another direction when the QB obviously could not play or learn the offense.  

As for the rest of your post I don't think he tried to get Alex hurt. He simply saw his new starting QB in week 5 injured, he was simply trying to protect the QB he will need for 11 more games.

6 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I don't think Cam would've signed to be a backup...If I remember correctly he made that declaration before signing with NE but I could be wrong. I guess he had to beat out Stidham in NE.

That's possible, but he did sit around for a good while.  My point is if Ron wanted him, we would have him.  I personally didn't want him here, so I am glad he went after Kyle instead (our future backup.)  I wanted to have the season we are having to be in contention to snag Trevor.  The best thing that could happen is Gase is fired soon and Greggg can sneak out a couple more wins than the skins.

3 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

The reality is probablly far closer to Rivera saw something in Haskins last yer on film that he felt could be developed, told Snyder he would honestly try and do just that but made no promises, Snyder said "Fair enough" because the team was hemorrhaging fans and money, and Rivera want about honestly trying to develop Haskins. But continued missed opportunities by Haskins and a division where a 2-4 record currently leads the NFCE made him rethink his plan.

You don’t get. No reasonable coach or talent evaluator would view Haskins as anything other than garbage. That’s the reality. That’s now undisputed. You can pretend you weren’t completely wrong and refuse to accept the reality of the situation but that’s about you. This was Dan’s pick and Danny Jr went to school with him. It was a necessary concession to give him a shot. Nothing more. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Your last paragraph is a point I made earlier. He tried Dwayne, it was a complete disaster, he saw the division was there for the taking (he never imagined this early in the season thus the no time outs) so he made the change.  Sounds reasonable to me, he gave the guy he thought he may be able to develop and then went in another direction when the QB obviously could not play or learn the offense.  

As for the rest of your post I don't think he tried to get Alex hurt. He simply saw his new starting QB in week 5 injured, he was simply trying to protect the QB he will need for 11 more games.

Yeah, I agreed with your earlier post...made perfect sense, especially the part where Rivera had plenty of other options including taking a year off (which he may be regretting not doing right now lol).

And I didn't say he left Smith out there to get him injured, I meant that if you start down the path of "Haskins blows but I'm gonna start him anyway to prove I was right" then you by default have to start considering other possibilities like Ron leaving Smith in with the thought that maybe he gets re-injured so that Snyder won't be demanding that Smith be starter, either.

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You don’t get. No reasonable coach or talent evaluator would view Haskins as anything other than garbage. That’s the reality. That’s now undisputed.

Your posts and the word "reality" should never, EVER, be paired up together lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, Tedskins 21 said:

That's possible, but he did sit around for a good while.  My point is if Ron wanted him, we would have him.  I personally didn't want him here, so I am glad he went after Kyle instead (our future backup.)  I wanted to have the season we are having to be in contention to snag Trevor.  The best thing that could happen is Gase is fired soon and Greggg can sneak out a couple more wins than the skins.

When you are committed to developing a young QB you don't bring in a former MVP who will be looking over the QBs shoulder.  No you commit to that young player and that's exactly what Ron did, again another example of how Dwayne has been treated unfairly is utter nonsense.  He was handed the starting job with no competition, he crapped the bed and that's on him and nobody else. 

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

then you by default have to start considering other possibilities like Ron leaving Smith in with the thought that maybe he gets re-injured so that Snyder won't be demanding that Smith be starter, either.

You may have to start believing this wild conspiracy theory but I don't have to as I never believe Ron started Dawyne just to satisfy the owner.  As I said I believe he believed he may be able to develop Haskins.

The idea that Ron would do anything to purposely put Smith at further risk of injury just to put Dan in his place is just too wild for me to get on board with. 

• Like 1

I think it boils down to Ron being half committed to developing Haskins. I think it came down to Turner saying he could work with Haskins. And Turner wanting Allen at the same time. And Ron being intrigued with both even though he wanted Cam (and Turner didn’t).

The problem to me boils down to Turner’s involvement. 

And if Ron was half committed to Haskins and Turner was half committed it’s actually the worst scenario for everyone. We neglected going after Cam in favor of Haskins, but they didn’t really want to spend too much time on Haskins if he didn’t pan out... and I’m sure Haskins picked up on that and that added to his pout routine and his immaturity gained steam again. 

A lack of being decisive put this team in a really bad spot...

Thanks to Snyder making a bad decision on drafting Haskins into this.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Your posts and the word "reality" should never, EVER, be paired up together lol...

I have nearly always been right on this board. You can’t stand it because I am so adamant about it early and I get vindicated each and every time.  I get it. You want me to be wrong. You dream about it. Not gonna happen. Particularly when it comes to the QB. You on the other hand have been wrong nearly always. Incredibly laughably wrong for well over a decade. Are you still defending Jason Campbell or did you finally move past that epic failure? 

• Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

When you are committed to developing a young QB you don't bring in a former MVP who will be looking over the QBs shoulder.  No you commit to that young player and that's exactly what Ron did, again another example of how Dwayne has been treated unfairly is utter nonsense.  

That's my take on Ron. Is he was willing to give Haskins this season while he evaluates the team and starts putting pieces together for the future. The problem is, he didn't expect Haskins to be this bad and probably didn't expect the "rumored" off the fields preparation and actions of Haskins. Haskins supporters just gloss over all the data that shows just how bad Haskins was. He gave Ron no choice. If Haskins played better, I'm sure Ron would have stuck with him longer. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Yeah I hope it doesn't get shut down for rules violation, this is the hottest topic we have going. 

They can dump him for a ham sandwich before the trade deadline and the thread will die a better death. Euthanized instead of locked. That’s the better demise.

• Haha 2
Just now, SoCalSkins said:

They can dump him for a ham sandwich before the trade deadline and the thread will die a better death. Euthanized instead of locked. That’s the better demise.

No one is giving up high quality nutrition like ham for Haskins.

• Haha 2

I believe his benching wasn't because of poor play, almost every single successful QB I can find had a rough start ( Lamar J. and I'm sure I'm missing others that shined right out of the gate) I think it had to be his work ethic that got him demoted. Not sure an NFL coach would demote a dude to third string for not performing under the Skins current offensive nightmare.

Was Josh Rosen a problem or was he just that bad and they realized he would never be an NFL caliber QB? Do coaches see that right off the bat? How was he even in the building if that was the case? 

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You may have to start believing this wild conspiracy theory but I don't have to as I never believe Ron started Dawyne just to satisfy the owner.  As I said I believe he believed he may be able to develop Haskins.

The idea that Ron would do anything to purposely put Smith at further risk of injury just to put Dan in his place is just too wild for me to get on board with. 

When I said "you" I didn't mean you lol...I meant the universal "you"--meaning anyone who actually believes Ron was "smart" by starting a QB who he knew sucked eggs just so that he could tell Snyder "See? Hey, I tried." Which, to be fair, there only appears to be one person with this mindset lol...

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

When I said "you" I didn't mean you lol...I meant the universal "you"--meaning anyone who actually believes Ron was "smart" by starting a QB who he knew sucked eggs just so that he could tell Snyder "See? Hey, I tried." Which, to be fair, there only appears to be one person with this mindset lol...

Then maybe you should have quoted that poster and not me?  Just a thought.  :)

Peace.

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

Then maybe you should have quoted that poster and not me?  Just a thought.  :)

Peace.

I responded to you because you quoted me lol...

I just sought to clarify something I felt you misunderstood from the post you were quoting (the whole Alex Smith thing).

12 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

I believe his benching wasn't because of poor play, almost every single successful QB I can find had a rough start ( Lamar J. and I'm sure I'm missing others that shined right out of the gate) I think it had to be his work ethic that got him demoted. Not sure an NFL coach would demote a dude to third string for not performing under the Skins current offensive nightmare.

Was Josh Rosen a problem or was he just that bad and they realized he would never be an NFL caliber QB? Do coaches see that right off the bat? How was he even in the building if that was the case? 

This has been my position from the start. It appears Ron thought he could develop him but then as things were not going well Haskins poor attitude began to resurface and Ron decided he was not riding that train with someone who was not even playing well. Better to move on. 

• Like 1