Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He doesn’t study film enough, obviously. That’s what all the reports have been about, not whether he’s working out enough. He’s putting in the amount of work he needs to in only one category. That’s common enough among young QB’s, but only the ones with insane athleticism or a very bought-in HC survive long enough to learn the work they need to be putting in. Haskins is not a freak athlete and has wonky ass mechanics so he’s not exactly the kind of dude who can just “get by” on his talent until he starts working hard enough in all areas

I don't buy this narrative because he himself talks about how much he loves studying film and has been doing it since high school. He doesn't post videos of it but he does talk through plays and techniques using lingo and verbage to show he's not lost. I can see if others question how good he is at it, but he has said in many interviews that he loves studying film. That's something that he said about last year's scouts that bothered him, it was something said about him that he couldn't understand because it wasn't him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dckey said:

So what is it????   Is he a hard worker or not???  If you're telling me that all off-season he's been working hard and then after 4 weeks he doesn't work hard, just sounds unreasonable.  If you don't think he's good I can deal with that!!!  But don't let the narrative or leaks coming out be he's not a hard worker.  Cause then you don't look good as a coach, if months of praise you find out after 4 weeks you were wrong.

uh... he did certain things in the offseason (make himself not fat etc) then once he was annointed starter obviously other things happened, then once he wasn't succeeding the way he expected himself to and was criticized on things by the staff things went sideways. He wasn't doing the work expected of him. 

 

You are being weird about this

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://africa.espn.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/82927/how-dwayne-haskins-mind-helped-convince-redskins-to-draft-him

 

And I'm trying to find the interviews but Turner wasn't just taking about Haskins weight but he complimented him on the zoom sessions and how much of the playbook he knew, how well he could remember things how much time he was putting in. It's not just weight room stuff. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Why aren't all the missed opportunities today used to say Allen doesn't study film?


?? Because we know that Rivera is happy with one player’s method of preparation and not another’s. You’re twisting your brain in knots here. 

38 minutes ago, wit33 said:

These moments I always wish there was some transparency in number of expected hours to study, it’s always left to subjective views and abstraction. 
 

None of know what at all the expectation for a QB to study per day, week, month or a year and how does that change during in season versus off season. 
 

My theory is some successful QBs study more than other successful QBs and it may vary day to day, week to week, or year to year depending on the situation for that individual QB. Disclaimer I am eliminating extremes on both ends of the spectrum and more thinking about the mid point. 


None of this matters. It is absolutely subjective, and coaches and fellow teammates are the ones who have an opinion that matters on how much is enough. We know Rivera doesn’t think he’s doing enough, so we don’t need a chart saying what IS enough. Rivera is the guy he’s gotta impress and his teammates and himself are the ones he’s gotta study for. Knowing Rivera is displeased with his progress in that area is the only concrete info we need to know he should be doing more. The reports of other players feeling the same way are just piling on at that point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

so much anger!!


RevolvingConfusedBushbaby-size_restricte

21 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I don't buy this narrative because he himself talks about how much he loves studying film and has been doing it since high school. He doesn't post videos of it but he does talk through plays and techniques using lingo and verbage to show he's not lost. I can see if others question how good he is at it, but he has said in many interviews that he loves studying film. That's something that he said about last year's scouts that bothered him, it was something said about him that he couldn't understand because it wasn't him. 

 

12 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

https://africa.espn.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/82927/how-dwayne-haskins-mind-helped-convince-redskins-to-draft-him

 

And I'm trying to find the interviews but Turner wasn't just taking about Haskins weight but he complimented him on the zoom sessions and how much of the playbook he knew, how well he could remember things how much time he was putting in. It's not just weight room stuff. 

 


The only problematic reports we have about him besides his attitude are that coaches and teammates aren’t happy with how much time he spends at the facility and watching film. I don’t really care what Haskins says about his own strengths and weaknesses when we can see plain as day that Rivera doesn’t agree, and sees him in practice and in the facility every day. Of course Haskins thinks he’s doing enough, that’s the whole problem lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:


?? Because we know that Rivera is happy with one player’s method of preparation and not another’s. You’re twisting your brain in knots here. 

Just pointing out the inconsistencies in standards. You think McLaurin, Young, and the rest of the team aren't? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

uh... he did certain things in the offseason (make himself not fat etc) then once he was annointed starter obviously other things happened, then once he wasn't succeeding the way he expected himself to and was criticized on things by the staff things went sideways. He wasn't doing the work expected of him. 

 

You are being weird about this

Don't think I'm being weird, but just a realist!!!  Im sorry if you really believe the narrative and all the different things coming out from this organization.  Just look at the end of game interviews.  We were not calling timeouts because we were teaching not trying to win, now we're going for 2 because we're teaching how to win

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

Just pointing out the inconsistencies in standards. You think McLaurin, Young, and the rest of the team aren't? 


Aren’t what? Rivera benched Haskins and said he’s not showing enough progress in the system. He set the standard when he said Haskins isn’t living up to it, where’s the inconsistency? Lots of bad players on this team but the ones who are keeping their jobs and getting a chance to prove their worth are the ones that have made the coaches happy with the way they prepare, practice, and act. Seems simple to me.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lorenzo Alexander said something in the post game live, that is the most believable reason Dwayne is benched.  He stated the NFL is about relationships and he thinks Rivera has a relationship with Allen that he doesn't have with Haskins.  He stated that Allen will be given a better chance and longer leash to succeed not that he studies harder than Dwayne, or any of the other narratives.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know QBR isn't the end all/be all, but through 6 quarters Allen is averaging a 70 QBR. Haskins was averaging a 33 QBR, and has only surpassed 70 QBR once in 14 games. 

 

I thought Allen was solid overall today, minus that killer fumble. 

3 minutes ago, dckey said:

Lorenzo Alexander said something in the post game live, that is the most believable reason Dwayne is benched.  He stated the NFL is about relationships and he thinks Rivera has a relationship with Allen that he doesn't have with Haskins.  He stated that Allen will be given a better chance and longer leash to succeed not that he studies harder than Dwayne, or any of the other narratives. 

 

Or, you know, Dwayne was statistically speaking the worst QB in the league, combined with poor preparation habits and an attitude problem. 

 

Any one of those reasons was reason enough to make a change. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dckey said:

Don't think I'm being weird, but just a realist!!!  Im sorry if you really believe the narrative and all the different things coming out from this organization.  Just look at the end of game interviews.  We were not calling timeouts because we were teaching not trying to win, now we're going for 2 because we're teaching how to win

they are trying to be nice about Haskins... and leave the door open for him to stand up and do whatever it was they wanted him too that he didn't. Im sure there are a TON of specifics Rivera could eviscerate and embarass Haskins about, but he isnt. The fact that he is not dressing on game days should tell you all the narrative you need.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:


Aren’t what? Rivera benched Haskins and said he’s not showing enough progress in the system. He set the standard when he said Haskins isn’t living up to it, where’s the inconsistency? Lots of bad players on this team but the ones who are keeping their jobs and getting a chance to prove their worth are the ones that have made the coaches happy with the way they prepare, practice, and act. Seems simple to me.

If you can't see the inconsistencies in the message/standards, cool. I see it. Plenty of professional analysts and former players have expressed the same perspective so it's not like I'm pulling this out of thin air. I respect all opinions but I know mine holds weight as well.

 

We'll see if Rivera puts Allen on notice for the turnovers this week. We'll see if he says it's unfair to the rest of the team if Allen doesn't perform better. If Rivera has a personal preference, that's fine, but inconsistencies will be noticed by the players. I have spent the majority of my life in football locker rooms and I'm telling you my perspective. The criticism of Haskins looks weaker if Allen doesn't play a lot better than he has the past two weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taylor 36 said:

. Now, you should move on from this stupidity as it is not taken very kindly around here.

The problem is he doesn’t get it, nor will he ever. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, IrepDC said:

It's pretty obvious why I brought him up. It's weird how you all look for any good for players on other teams and any bad for players on our team. Daniel Jones in Washington is already a bust getting trashed. In NY he at least has a chance to work through his obvious struggles. I fully expect you to still miss the point.

 

 

Why aren't all the missed opportunities today used to say Allen doesn't study film? The one missed opportunity to McLaurin, from Haskins, was posted over and over. Allen missed several opportunities today, but the narrative isn't the same. It's clear that most fans are being spoon fed their perspectives and/or just seeing what they want to see. 

 

You're missing the point. Jones did something last year that earned him playing time this year. Haskins did not. Ron gave him a shot, didn't see any improvement, and moved on. If Haskins was better last year, he'd be given more of a chance this year. But when you're terrible two years in a row and there's a new coach that didn't draft you, you get a quick hook. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GOATFrerotte said:

 

You're missing the point. Jones did something last year that earned him playing time this year. Haskins did not. Ron gave him a shot, didn't see any improvement, and moved on. If Haskins was better last year, he'd be given more of a chance this year. But when you're terrible two years in a row and there's a new coach that didn't draft you, you get a quick hook. 

Yeah sure. B Mitch just called out the team for EXACTLY the same things I've been saying. Players will notice the inconsistencies.

 

Here is Rivera talking about Allen's decent stats after losing to an 0-5 Giants team(the same thing Haskins was grilled for doing after the Ravens game):

 

"His statistics are pretty darn good,” Rivera said in a Zoom call with reporters. “He was 31-for-42 for 280 yards," Rivera said. "Unfortunately, he did have the interception and the fumble. But we totaled 337 total yards. That gives us an opportunity."

 

Here is B Mitch, a guy who has been in football locker rooms, calling out the BS:

 

“The reason that Dwayne Haskins is supposedly benched is because some players were mad because he was happy about a performance,” Brian Mitchell said. “Well, we just lost the game today and [Rivera] is talking about a guy going 31-of-42 for 280 yards. They lost the football game against a terrible Giants team. Dwayne Haskins went 32-of-45 for 314 against the Baltimore Ravens but nobody talked about his stats. They were knocking his stats. They were knocking the fact that he was pleased that he came off a three-interception day and then did something well.”

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/brian-mitchell-washington-putting-lipstick-pig-qb-situation

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I don't buy this narrative because he himself talks about how much he loves studying film and has been doing it since high school. He doesn't post videos of it but he does talk through plays and techniques using lingo and verbage to show he's not lost. I can see if others question how good he is at it, but he has said in many interviews that he loves studying film. That's something that he said about last year's scouts that bothered him, it was something said about him that he couldn't understand because it wasn't him. 

 

You don't believe the narrative because Dwayne says he loves to study film?  LOL. 

 

Come on man, believing the words of the player is an insane way to look at this thing.  He may "love" it but he clearly didn't love it enough to do it enough.  I'll go with the coaches, all came to the same conclusion and that is now a large group of coaches, over the player's comments every time. 

 

                                                                                                                                

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I don't know what to tell you. Allen was a little better than Haskins. But bad enough to lose to them. The Fumble and the Int are things....you cant just take them away cause its convenient. Im a little surprised he's making the mistakes he is with the media, but I knew the media here would eat him up. Its like being a politician here. Everything you say will be analyzed. Everything. It wasn't like that in Carolina. And that can really hurt you when you flip flop like this. Shame. 

Edited by Llevron
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Yeah sure. B Mitch just called out the team for EXACTLY the same things I've been saying. Players will notice the inconsistencies.

 

Here is Rivera talking about Allen's decent stats after losing to an 0-5 Giants team(the same thing Haskins was grilled for doing after the Ravens game):

 

"His statistics are pretty darn good,” Rivera said in a Zoom call with reporters. “He was 31-for-42 for 280 yards," Rivera said. "Unfortunately, he did have the interception and the fumble. But we totaled 337 total yards. That gives us an opportunity."

 

Here is B Mitch, a guy who has been in football locker rooms, calling out the BS:

 

“The reason that Dwayne Haskins is supposedly benched is because some players were mad because he was happy about a performance,” Brian Mitchell said. “Well, we just lost the game today and [Rivera] is talking about a guy going 31-of-42 for 280 yards. They lost the football game against a terrible Giants team. Dwayne Haskins went 32-of-45 for 314 against the Baltimore Ravens but nobody talked about his stats. They were knocking his stats. They were knocking the fact that he was pleased that he came off a three-interception day and then did something well.”

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/brian-mitchell-washington-putting-lipstick-pig-qb-situation

 

B Mitch and his callers are starting to piss me off. Does he not realize the difference between a coach referencing the stats and the player bragging about his own stats?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

B Mitch and his callers are starting to piss me off. Does he not realize the difference between a coach referencing the stats and the player bragging about his own stats?  

 

If he got benched for bragging about his stats in a loss and then you brag about his replacements stats in a loss.....its a bit hypocritical. He didnt get benched just for that but its hard to ignore.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand why he doesn’t say things like, “On the surface he had decent stats but that fumble and interception were really tough looks. I’m going to have to go back and watch the film to get a feel for what happened there.”

 

And he should have been doing that week one. Then come back next day tough but not crazy with his assessments. And not letting the media know your plans the second you devise them would go a long way, too. 
 

I like the up front approach but this is why coaches don’t do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

B Mitch and his callers are starting to piss me off. Does he not realize the difference between a coach referencing the stats and the player bragging about his own stats?  

You are pissed off at B Mitch for noticing the inconsistencies? Why didn't the coach reference Haskins stats and no turnovers against the Ravens? Again, it's cool if the coach has a preference. But when you use inconsistent approaches the players will notice. Allen was smiling and joking on the field as we were losing to an 0-5 team. If I were his teammate, that would piss me off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IrepDC said:

You are pissed off at B Mitch for noticing the inconsistencies? Why didn't the coach reference Haskins stats and no turnovers against the Ravens? Again, it's cool if the coach has a preference. But when you use inconsistent approaches the players will notice. Allen was smiling and joking on the field as we were losing to an 0-5 team. If I were his teammate, that would piss me off.


Valid points to be fair. 
 

Rivera is in danger of undermining himself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

 

If he got benched for bragging about his stats in a loss and then you brag about his replacements stats in a loss.....its a bit hypocritical. He didnt get benched just for that but its hard to ignore.  

 

I highly doubt he was benched for bragging about his stats. It was just another sign that he just doesn't get it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

 

B Mitch and his callers are starting to piss me off. Does he not realize the difference between a coach referencing the stats and the player bragging about his own stats?  


Nope but then again look at our own fans on the biggest Redskin Facebook group.  That’s arguably one of the most toxic groups I’ve ever seen. If someone criticizes Haskins they get called a racist immediately.  If anyone praises Allen they are standing by a white boy savior. These are literally quotes from the group. There’s been endless articles out since Haskins benching that a white QB would get more time. Not saying Mitchell is going there but it’s amazing the defending Haskins is getting when quite simply minus a few games his play was bench worthy.  Hell freaking Chicago benched their starting QB when they like 2-0 or  3-0 I believe? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...