Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

Just now, GOATFrerotte said:

He had the lowest QBR in the nfl last year. It was all true last year.

Thought he showed a bit of promise at the end of the year, but I can see why you feel the way you do. 

It’s interesting, the the thing I was most encouraged about with Haskins was his pocket presence and ability to extend plays, that seemed completely disappear this year. I still believe some of it had to do with him losing weight and his mindset changed to trying to escape the pocket versus extending plays and running during advantageous moments (Often times in the A and B gaps).

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Haskins is done for.  I never once saw him with Allen and Smith watching film.  The coaches don't want him, plain and simple.  We just need to trade him to stop all this drama and division. 

To me Haskins and Allen are about equal.  Which is sad because the first rounder should be significantly better. 

Sounds familiar....

haskins-bench-.jpg

Edited by Heisenberg
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Zero chance that Haskins dimes both Thomas and Sims at the back pylon today.

He might win the game by taking care of the football, but he doesn’t have those throws in his arsenal.

Haskins throws mid and deep balls better than Allen. Much better.

1 hour ago, GOATFrerotte said:

He had the lowest QBR in the nfl last year. It was all true last year.

Daniel Jones is setting all kinds of negative records for NY, but they are taking it in stride and giving him the CHANCE to improve. You are going to take lumps with a young QB. Especially one who came out after what amounted to his sophomore season in college(Haskins).

13 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Daniel Jones is setting all kinds of negative records for NY, but they are taking it in stride and giving him the CHANCE to improve. You are going to take lumps with a young QB. Especially one who came out after what amounted to his sophomore season in college(Haskins).

Not to worry: Kyle will get similar opportunities as Daniel Jones.

2 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

why does it have to be a narrative? Why can't it just be what it is? 

So what is it????   Is he a hard worker or not???  If you're telling me that all off-season he's been working hard and then after 4 weeks he doesn't work hard, just sounds unreasonable.  If you don't think he's good I can deal with that!!!  But don't let the narrative or leaks coming out be he's not a hard worker.  Cause then you don't look good as a coach, if months of praise you find out after 4 weeks you were wrong.

2 hours ago, skinbuck said:

Somehow the white guy who made crippling mistakes directly leading to opponents’ points, took bad sacks and threw zero yard flare-outs on 3rd and 9, all against an all-time worst NFL squad, ‘has moxie’. All things the other guy was roasted for, against significantly better competition

you really diagnosed this one: one of the few minority head coaches in the league doesn’t like his black QB simply because he is black and also the hand picked draft pick of the owner. Oh, and on a team which was the first to win a super bowl with a black QB and that former QB is still in the front office...but I’m sure you’re right—this is clearly a race based decision....

• Thanks 4
50 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Why do people keep bringing up Daniel Jones? He was 3 off the record for TDs thrown as a rookie in only 12 games. If Haskins did that I’d give him all 16 games this year also.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

Why do people keep bringing up Daniel Jones? He was 3 off the record for TDs thrown as a rookie in only 12 games. If Haskins did that I’d give him all 16 games this year also.

That’s why Jones is getting the much longer rope with the Giants. But today was the first game since week 1 when he has scored a TD, he barley threw for over 100 yards again and he threw a bad pick (which is becoming his signature play).

10 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

you really diagnosed this one: one of the few minority head coaches in the league doesn’t like his black QB simply because he is black and also the hand picked draft pick of the owner. Oh, and on a team which was the first to win a super bowl with a black QB and that former QB is still in the front office...but I’m sure you’re right—this is clearly a race based decision....

Not what I was implying. 

My point was that peoples’ reactions here about 2 very similar performances from 2 individuals seem so heavily impacted by their own unconscious biases. And this is totally setting aside the purported off-field or intangibles issues displayed by one of them 

21 minutes ago, dckey said:

So what is it????   Is he a hard worker or not???  If you're telling me that all off-season he's been working hard and then after 4 weeks he doesn't work hard, just sounds unreasonable.  If you don't think he's good I can deal with that!!!  But don't let the narrative or leaks coming out be he's not a hard worker.  Cause then you don't look good as a coach, if months of praise you find out after 4 weeks you were wrong.

He worked really hard, physically, all offseason. Tons of throwing sessions and dieting and working out. He impressed a skeptical Rivera with his work away from the team during this weird offseason. 

He doesn’t study film enough, obviously. That’s what all the reports have been about, not whether he’s working out enough. He’s putting in the amount of work he needs to in only one category. That’s common enough among young QB’s, but only the ones with insane athleticism or a very bought-in HC survive long enough to learn the work they need to be putting in. Haskins is not a freak athlete and has wonky ass mechanics so he’s not exactly the kind of dude who can just “get by” on his talent until he starts working hard enough in all areas.

20 minutes ago, GOATFrerotte said:

It's pretty obvious why I brought him up. It's weird how you all look for any good for players on other teams and any bad for players on our team. Daniel Jones in Washington is already a bust getting trashed. In NY he at least has a chance to work through his obvious struggles. I fully expect you to still miss the point.

Why aren't all the missed opportunities today used to say Allen doesn't study film? The one missed opportunity to McLaurin, from Haskins, was posted over and over. Allen missed several opportunities today, but the narrative isn't the same. It's clear that most fans are being spoon fed their perspectives and/or just seeing what they want to see. 

• Confused 1
33 minutes ago, dckey said:

We aren't consistent on any front this season. A couple weeks ago we weren't using timeouts to fight for wins. This week we are going for 2 to chase a win. In the offseason this was an evaluation season. Two weeks ago we are in win now mode trying to win the division. The messages have been changing week to week.

• Confused 1
8 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

It's pretty obvious why I brought him up. It's weird how you all look for any good for players on other teams and any bad for players on our team. Daniel Jones in Washington is already a bust getting trashed. In NY he at least has a chance to work through his obvious struggles. I fully expect you to still miss the point.

Why aren't all the missed opportunities today used to say Allen doesn't study film? The one missed opportunity to McLaurin, from Haskins, was posted over and over. Allen missed several opportunities today, but the narrative isn't the same. It's clear that most fans are being spoon fed their perspectives and/or just seeing what they want to see. 

If anything, someone like Jones should be dumped sooner, since it’s evident they can’t figure it out even after living in the facility and studying tape 19 hours a day!!

Edited by skinbuck
  • Confused 1
Just now, skinbuck said:

If anything, someone like Jones should be dumped sooner, since it’s evident they can’t figure it out even after living in the facility and studying tape 19 hours a day..

Facts lol but he will get time to sink or swim. We have a self defeating culture where a player has to be a savior or he's a bust. That's a symptom of not having football people or a football culture that understands that this is the biggest TEAM sport in the world. If we somehow get Lawrence, watch how the entire weight of our franchise is put on his shoulders. It's like dating someone with a low self esteem who needs you to be their everything. We need to take some time to heal before we try to develop another QB. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
5 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

If anything, someone like Jones should be dumped sooner, since it’s evident they can’t figure it out even after living in the facility and studying tape 19 hours a day!!

I disagree.  Jones had multiple games last year with 4 plus touchdowns.  He has shown that he has potential.  Maybe not a sure thing, but definitely more than Haskins.  Jones has the arm strength and mobility needed for a franchise qb.  That's something you can work with.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He worked really hard, physically, all offseason. Tons of throwing sessions and dieting and working out. He impressed a skeptical Rivera with his work away from the team during this weird offseason. 

If he was to post IG videos studying film, would your thoughts be different? 

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He doesn’t study film enough, obviously.

That’s what all the reports have been about, not whether he’s working out enough. He’s putting in the amount of work he needs to in only one category.

These moments I always wish there was some transparency in number of expected hours to study, it’s always left to subjective views and abstraction. 

None of know what at all the expectation for a QB to study per day, week, month or a year and how does that change during in season versus off season. 

My theory is some successful QBs study more than other successful QBs and it may vary day to day, week to week, or year to year depending on the situation for that individual QB. Disclaimer I am eliminating extremes on both ends of the spectrum and more thinking about the mid point. 

35 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

Not what I was implying. 

My point was that peoples’ reactions here about 2 very similar performances from 2 individuals seem so heavily impacted by their own unconscious biases. And this is totally setting aside the purported off-field or intangibles issues displayed by one of them 

And your basis for that conclusion—that others are being impacted by their own unconscious biases—is what, exactly?  Your own unconscious bias?  Your argument is pure tautology, solipsistic nonsense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, MartinC said:

That’s why Jones is getting the much longer rope with the Giants. But today was the first game since week 1 when he has scored a TD, he barley threw for over 100 yards again and he threw a bad pick (which is becoming his signature play).

Too be fair, Haskins would have never been able to throw that end zone fade.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

And your basis for that conclusion—that others are being impacted by their own unconscious biases—is what, exactly?  Your own unconscious bias?  Your argument is pure tautology, solipsistic nonsense. 

ooof..looks like I struck a nerve there!

• Confused 2
Just now, skinbuck said:

You did--with the stupidity of your argument that you then tried to back out of and pin on others through their unconscious bias.  Have a nice night dude.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just because the over exaggerations are OC. Haskins eats up those mid range throws Allen struggles with. Allen is better at the short game. We haven't had these downfield shots or mid range shots since Allen took over. Haskins also moves a lot better in the pocket than fans are giving credit for(look how he works Carolina). Let's get back to football and facts, and stop with the exaggerations like this kid never showed anything.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
3 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

You did--with the stupidity of your argument that you then tried to back out of and pin on others through their unconscious bias.  Have a nice night dude.

so much anger!!

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

Most people take issue with being inferred to as racist, which you were obviously trying to infer about fans and posters in this discussion.  Truth is, as the person who is looking just a race and therefore trying to make it a racial topic, you are the actual racist.  And, yes, most people have issues with racists.  So, yes, it's easy to see how you struck a nerve. Now, you should move on from this stupidity as it is not taken very kindly around here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1