Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Lion King is his favorite movie.  You're a grown *** man, find something else.  

Soooo, you’re judging him on his favorite movie, that he would watch WITH HIS GRANDMA?? The nickname came because it’s what his grandma called him, and I’m sure it brings him good memories of those times spent with his grandma. Why pick on the guy for that?? 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Soooo, you’re judging him on his favorite movie, that he would watch WITH HIS GRANDMA?? The nickname came because it’s what his grandma called him, and I’m sure it brings him good memories of those times spent with his grandma. Why pick on the guy for that?? 

Are you sure it's his Grandma, or are you thinkin of Saadhiq "Puddin" Charles and his Gramma ?

Ryan Tannehill: 58% completion rate his rookie year; 60% completion rate his second year

Josh Allen: 53% completion rate his rookie year; 59% completion rate his second year

Derek Carr: 58% completion rate his rookie year; 61% completion rate his second year

And now:

But I was told accuracy couldn't improve as a player developed...

For reference:

Dwayne Haskins: 59% completion rate his rookie year; 61% completion rate his second year

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Are you sure it's his Grandma, or are you thinkin of Saadhiq "Puddin" Charles and his Gramma ?

guess I haven’t watched the video in a while, so I had parts of it wrong. Just watched again and In the video he says it’s because he had an Afro growing up, so he looked like a lion, and his aunt called him Simba because of that. 

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Ryan Tannehill: 58% completion rate his rookie year; 60% completion rate his second year

Josh Allen: 53% completion rate his rookie year; 59% completion rate his second year

Derek Carr: 58% completion rate his rookie year; 61% completion rate his second year

And now:

But I was told accuracy couldn't improve as a player developed...

For reference:

Dwayne Haskins: 59% completion rate his rookie year; 61% completion rate his second year

He also has a QBR this season of 32.4, for 32nd overall in the league. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yes.  Yes, I sure am.

Want to know the reason why?  

It's the internet.

That's a Haiku.

Yes, I'm judging him on his favorite movie.  And you do the same thing, too, don't act like you're above it.  Say you're on a date with a girl and you ask her what her favorite movies are and she tells you "The Piano and The Notebook," don't tell me you're not asking for the check as soon as the waiter comes by.

Yes, I'm judging him on his favorite movie.  

2 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

At this point you're just piling on...We get it most people in this thread don't like him (I don't either), but this is just just dumb.

Not really, he's probably home with his fake illness, sucking his thumb and watching Lion King like a pre-schooler.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yes.  Yes, I sure am.

It's the internet.

That's a Haiku.

Yes, I'm judging him on his favorite movie.  And you do the same thing, too, don't act like you're above it.  Say you're on a date with a girl and you ask her what her favorite movies are and she tells you "The Piano and The Notebook," don't tell me you're not asking for the check as soon as the waiter comes by.

What's your favorite movie, Spiff ?

Just now, mistertim said:

He also has a QBR this season of 32.4, for 32nd overall in the league. 

1) I've never been a fan of QBR, for reasons I've gone over earlier in this thread.

2) I would expect someone learning his third system, with a shortened offseason, to struggle early.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yes.  Yes, I sure am.

It's the internet.

That's a Haiku.

I happen to love “The Notebook”, actually. I dont judge people for their favorite movies. And it’s silly that you’re choosing to hate the guy for a nickname HIS AUNT gave him as a child cause of his Afro and love for The Lion King.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I happen to love “The Notebook”, actually. I dont judge people for their favorite movies. And it’s silly that you’re choosing to hate the guy for a nickname HIS AUNT gave him as a child. 

I disagree with Spiff's movie stance, as a Marvel/DC nerd I am strongly against judging people for their preferred film selection unless it involves something out of bounds...

But I think he doesn't like Haskins for many reasons, the Lion King movie aspect is just icing on the cake for him. :ols:

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I happen to love “The Notebook”, actually. I dont judge people for their favorite movies. And it’s silly that you’re choosing to hate the guy for a nickname HIS AUNT gave him as a child. 

Well, I'm happening to judge you considerably at the moment here.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

No, I don't like Haskins because he can't hit open backs in the flat and because he seems to have an attitude problem.  His nickname isn't the straw that's breaking the camel's back here, it was already broken pretty badly.  

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I disagree with Spiff's movie stance, as a Marvel/DC nerd I am strongly against judging people for their preferred film selection unless it involves something out of bounds...

But I think he doesn't like Haskins for many reasons, the Lion King movie aspect is just icing on the cake for him. :ols:

Someone gets it!  

Just now, KDawg said:

Heck, I’m a HUGE fan of the taken trilogy, i certainly have no room to judge other people for what movies they love :) 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I happen to love “The Notebook”, actually. I dont judge people for their favorite movies. And it’s silly that you’re choosing to hate the guy for a nickname HIS AUNT gave him as a child cause of his Afro and love for The Lion King.

why would you admit to that? 

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

You would think the Rams would be interested if KOC was a fan. They have no one behind Goff and they could try to pry Haskins for a mid-rounder. But apparently they haven't called. 

Telling.

We're the only idiots who trade a mid-round pick for a backup QB.

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well, I'm happening to judge you considerably at the moment here.  And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

No, you’re just the only one choosing to have a problem with his nickname based on an Afro he had as a child and the movie he likes. It’s a silly reason to hate the guy. Everything else you mentioned are valid reasons to hate the guy. But a childhood nickname? Completely invalid reason to hate him. 

7 minutes ago, Hooper said:

You would think the Rams would be interested if KOC was a fan. They have no one behind Goff and they could try to pry Haskins for a mid-rounder. But apparently they haven't called. 

Telling.

That's probably because no team is going to be interested, unless they're going to give him a shot to be a starter, or maybe even promise it.

Because Haskins is only going to want to go to a team, that will make him starter.

If the Rams trade for Haskins, they'll have the same dilemma as us.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Your posts remind me of the posters who actually believed SM was not at the combine because weeks later he was still grieving the death of his 130 year old grandmother.

Look I'm not saying he is not sick, just that's it is a very distinct possibility and you are nuts to instantly dismiss the possibility given all the evidence you have been presented with. 

Is he there today?    

My god I forgot about the Scot’s Grandmother saga, incredible 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No, you’re just the only one choosing to have a problem with his nickname based on an Afro he had as a child and the movie he likes. It’s a silly reason to hate the guy. Everything else you mentioned are valid reasons to hate the guy. 

Your thought process as it pertains to people's thought on Haskins seem on the surface fairly naive to the majority of people who are reading this thread, I think.

I think you're a genuine dude who tries to see the best in people, based on your posts. And in today's society where empathy is sorely lacking from pretty much all corners of the globe for many different reasons, it's a refreshing thing to see.

What I would hope you can see in these threads, and the common responses to you, are that while you are genuine you read too far into little comments people make at times. 

Human beings nitpick the **** out of things that people who they don't like do. If you were Spiff's bestie, and you happened to like Lion King, he'd rip on you for it... but it wouldn't be listed as a reason to think you're not a quality dude.

In this case, Spiff is using that argument to prop up that Haskins has a maturity issue. If Haskins operated like, say, Patrick Mahomes and liked Lion King, it's a laughing moment but it's not a "wtf. You act immature and you're a Lion King enthusiast. Of course you are!" kind of thing. 

Keep being you, dude. But stay away from telling people you liked "The Notebook", I'm not sure you can recover from that :ols:

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

BMitch says Ron said "We didn't tell him he couldn't be in the building" or something of that nature near the end of his presser yesterday.  Is that accurate?

That would be an incredibly bad look for him. I’m going to have to listen to it. 

Archived