Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

I suspect he called out sick because of the benching and RR told him to stay home.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's Washingtons football team still trying to find rock bottom.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

How to Thoroughly Devalue a Player and Receive Zero Draft Compensation as a Result, a Memoir

by Ron Rivera

Are you saying that if Rivera had made him backup instead of 3rd string that his value would be higher?

Or are you saying that benching Haskins made his value lower? Because....duh.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

I suspect he called out sick because of the benching and RR told him to stay home.

He didn’t *call out* sick (meaning, over the phone). He showed up to the facility, took the test, then went home (by team doctors). 

saying he called out sick and Rivera told him to stay home suggests that he called rivera on the phone. That’s not what happened 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He didn’t *call out* sick (meaning, over the phone). He showed up to the facility, took the test, then went home (by team doctors). 

saying he called out sick and Rivera told him to stay home suggests that he called rivera on the phone. That’s not what happened 

No he called out sick from what I read: According to multiple reports, Haskins will not be with the team today. He was scheduled to be inactive, but a source tells JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington that Haskins informed Washington he felt sick this morning and the team told him to stay home.

Ron doesn't want him.

Edited by RandyHolt
Just now, mistertim said:

Are you saying that if Rivera had made him backup instead of 3rd string that his value would be higher?

Or are you saying that benching Haskins made his value lower? Because....duh.

The former.  But also, a competent coach/organization would have started him for the rest of the season, let him put up a couple of good performances, and gotten much better value in the offseason.  Ask the Cardinals.

Also, the leaks and inconsistent, confusing narrative in his press conferences haven't helped.

• Confused 1
Just now, RandyHolt said:

No he called out sick from what I read: According to multiple reports, Haskins will not be with the team today. He was scheduled to be inactive, but a source tells JP Finlay of NBC Sports Washington that Haskins informed Washington he felt sick this morning and the team told him to stay home.

This says he went to the facility for the test, and headed home 

14 hours ago, Hooper said:

Keep him on the roster. If Allen fails or gets hurt — give him another shot. He’s not worth anything on the market and Alex Smith is a nice story and great guy, but I’ve seen enough. He looked long past his prime before he got hurt and that was 2 years ago. 

I bet his stomach bug will clear up real quick if he starts again...

23 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Theisman said he has tried to reach out to "simba" and "simba" is unresponsive.

Emergency Personnel use the term "unresponsive" to describe someone who is likely dead.

4 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I bet his stomach bug will clear up real quick if he starts again...

I would bet not, due to burnt bridges

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Theisman said he has tried to reach out to "simba" and "simba" is unresponsive.  my money is on angling for a trade.  bad look

He is so full of bad looks it makes me sick to see fans continue to defend him. Get this spoiled child out of here now!  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

He is so full of bad looks it makes me sick to see fans continue to defend him. Get this spoiled child out of here now!  

I agree.  And yet, he still has defenders.  I'm not sure why.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Theisman said he has tried to reach out to "simba" and "simba" is unresponsive.  my money is on angling for a trade.  bad look

Maybe this is the part of the movie when he runs away and meets Pumba.

Edited by Fat Stupid Loser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
38 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I want to give Dwayne the benefit of the doubt but as time passes it's getting harder and harder to believe that he is absent solely for medical reasons.

If Dwayne has had symptoms similar to a stomach virus that has been so debilitating that he's missed work for at least 5 days he probably needs to be in a hospital being tested to make sure that there isn't something far more serious going on. Instead he takes an obligatory Covid-19 test and the team tells him to go home.

There doesn't seem to be the sense of urgency about curing/diagnosing his illness that should be present if the "facts" we've been told are accurate.

Plus his agent is the same guy that manipulated Jalen Ramsey's trade out of Jacksonville. 

I don't get why the staff hasn't sent him to the hospital?  I don't want a repeat of the Williams situation and then we have to deal with a labor grievance. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Off topic, yet on topic.  Someone explain the stupid Simba nickname to me, please.  Yes, I know it's a Lion King reference but how'd our crestfallen quarterback come about it?  I'm assuming he self-applied it.

Wait, found it:

I can't believe we drafted this guy.  I'd not seen this before the draft, if I had I'd have been anti-Haskins the whole way.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wait, found it:

I can't believe we drafted this guy.  I'd not seen this before the draft, if I had I'd have been anti-Haskins the whole way.  

I don't think this is a big deal, everyone has nicknames....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Wait, found it:

Isn’t it because it’s what his grandma used to call him, because they’d watch the lion king together? What’s so bad about that? Why hate him for a nickname his grandma would call him? 

Too many reports of Dwayne not putting in the work at this point. That stinks and this whole sick thing is a terrible look unless he turns out to have Covid.

At the same time, I can see why his agent would be telling him to do anything possible to get out of Washington, and that includes faking an illness. Think of this situation he has been in from day one — neither staff wanted him. I’m not making excuses for the kid, I just understand why he would think any situation in the NFL would be a better one.

Big picture, I think the team thinks he is simply not worth the effort. That he is the same player he was in college — but not playing on a team with twice the talent as the opponent. He’s got a huge arm, but he’s not particularly accurate deep, he can’t throw to the flats to save his life, and his feet seem stuck in the cement. 

Personally, I would hold on to him and give him another shot if Allen fails or gets hurt. Neither guy is most likely the answer going forward, but we know Alex Smith isn’t. 

As usual, the whole thing stinks and it started with our owner making a terrible decision.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I don't think this is a big deal, everyone has nicknames....

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Isn’t it because it’s what his grandma used to call him, because they’d watch the lion king together? What’s so bad about that? Why hate him for a nickname his grandma would call him? 

Lion King is his favorite movie.  You're a grown ass man, find something else.  

8 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

In terms of his play on the field, i dont defend that. He’s a bad QB. Probably won’t get any better. In terms of things that none of us know the whole truth of(being sick or not sick), I’ll give anyone the benefit of the doubt on that. 

in terms of his work ethic on the practice field, i certainly won’t defend that. 

and i think everyone knows my thoughts on the selfie with the two fans by now.