Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

Who gives a **** if he's faking sick or not, or if he went home on his own or team doctors sent him home?  Just trade his ass or let him ride 3rd string pine the rest of the year.  Guy is done in DC and will most likely be a career back-up.  Given up on?  Ruined?  I could give a **** about that, he shouldn't have been drafted by the owner and forced upon two coaching staffs that didn't want him.  

Why continue to put up with his piss poor attitude and work ethic while trying to learn a new system when you have two QBs behind him that are giving it 110% day in and day out, just wanting to play?  To feed his ego?  **** that, he's not in Ron's long term plans, so he no longer needs snaps.  Kyle Allen is not our future either as far as starting QB, but I'm willing to bet he's in the plans as our back-up QB in the future.

• Like 10
14 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yes. I do. and i think people are being silly by calling him immature for a sickness, for throwing up. Plus, people have to realize, rivera is immunocompromised with his cancer/cancer treatments. No reason to risk anything bad happening to rivera. 

Like I’ve said before. Plenty of things to trash haskins for. Him being a crappy QB, him throwing crappy passes, him not working hard enough after getting the starting job. 

Trashing a guy for having an illness (especially during this pandemic, where everyone is trying to be as cautious as possible)? People need to stop doing that. 

And you don’t think it’s a coincidence he happens to get sick similar to what Jalen Ramsey pulled and they have the same agent who has already been outspoken on Twitter about Haskins’ treatment. 

Dude you gotta have some skepticism. Come on. 5 days later and he can’t practice? 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

And you don’t think it’s a coincidence he happens to get sick similar to what Jalen Ramsey pulled and they have the same agent who has already been outspoken on Twitter about Haskins’ treatment. 

Dude you gotta have some skepticism. Come on. 5 days later and he can’t practice? 

He’s the 3rd string QB, it doesn’t sound like he was going to be getting any reps in practice for the time being anyway. Also, wasn’t Ramsey’s thing just the sniffles? What’s been reported for haskins has been he was throwing up. Donaldson even said he was at the team hotel on Saturday night and in meetings as well. 

i dont have to “have skepticism”, people need to have sympathy. Yes, he’s a bad QB, yes he sucks at football. That isn’t what any of this is about though. Hate him for all of that, that’s fine. But not this. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He’s the 3rd string QB, it doesn’t sound like he was going to be getting any reps in practice for the time being anyway. Also, wasn’t Ramsey’s thing just the sniffles? What’s been reported for haskins has been he was throwing up. Donaldson even said he was at the team hotel on Saturday night and in meetings as well. 

Wasn’t the initial report that he had been throwing up for days? Story keeps changing... real or otherwise.

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Did i not say “what’s been reported for haskins is he was throwing up”? 😂

I don’t think you understand.

If he was in meetings Saturday, how had he been throwing up for days?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@SkinsFTW go ahead, explain what you think is so “funny” about my post😑

Whats funny is you're just nodding your head along with every nugget that gets reported about this story.

The only thing we know for sure is that its DEFINTELY NOT what they're telling us.  Its some combination of him being immature and the team not wanting him and its hard to say what came first and who is more to blame.  But you can bet your house its not just Dwyane is sick and both he and the team have nothing but the best intentions and he'll be right back in the building just as soon as his goshdarn stomach calms tf down.

Come on man.  

And plus you keep yelling from the rafters that OH EM GEEEE he is throwing UP you guyz...like holy crap he tries to eat food and drink liquids and gee golly willikers it just won't stay in his stomach.  It is the WURST!!  

The earnestness is just way over the top.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Whats funny is you're just nodding your head along with every nugget that gets reported about this story.

The only thing we know for sure is that its DEFINTELY NOT what they're telling us.  Its some combination of him being immature and the team not wanting him and its hard to say what came first and who is more to blame.  But you can bet your house its not just Dwyane is sick and both he and the team have nothing but the best intentions and he'll be right back in the building just as soon as his goshdarn stomach calms tf down.

Come on man.  

And plus you keep yelling from the rafters that OH EM GEEEE he is throwing UP you guyz...like holy crap he tries to eat food and drink liquids and gee golly willikers it just won't stay in his stomach.  It is the WURST!!  

The earnestness is just way over the top.

Im not claiming it’s “the worst”. No. What i AM saying, is the team is being CAUTIOUS with whatever illness haskins has (ya know, coach having cancer, KINDA plays into this......). This is 100% not about immaturity, yet that seems to be the popular thing to claim lately......it’s silly. And wrong. There are PLENTY of things to bash him for. This?? No. Just no. 

whatever. “Immature”. For being sick. LOL. Just sad that people can’t fathom that it can quite possibly be just bad timing, him getting sick the same week he loses the starting job, as if it’s so hard to believe something like that could happen. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Im not claiming it’s “the worst”. No. What i AM saying, is the team is being CAUTIOUS with whatever illness haskins has (ya know, coach having cancer, KINDA plays into this......). This is 100% not about immaturity, yet that seems to be the popular thing to claim lately......it’s silly. And wrong. There are PLENTY of things to bash him for. This?? No. Just no. 

whatever. “Immature”. For being sick. LOL. Just sad. 

"Immature" is the polite way of saying he's being a big old hairy, salty dick about his demotion and its worse for him to be around the team right now than not.  And/or he demanded a trade.

Odds are hes cut soon if no team expresses interest.  Which if that happens, ****, you gotta stand in awe at how badly both parties botched this thing.

Just now, 86 Snyder said:

"Immature" is the polite way of saying he's being a big old hairy, salty **** about his demotion and its worse for him to be around the team right now than not.  And/or he demanded a trade.

Odds are hes cut soon if no team expresses interest.  Which if that happens, ****, you gotta stand in awe at how badly both parties botched this thing.

“Immature” is what people are being, by claiming that he can’t quite possibly be actually sick. Because it’s easier to just bash the guy, i guess,  than to assume it’s just really unfortunate timing for him, and to hope he gets better soon. 

when it comes to illnesses, I’m willing to give somebody the benefit of the doubt, even when they do suck at football 🤷🏻‍♂️ And it’s a shame that I’m the one in the minority here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

“Immature” is what people are being, by claiming that he can’t quite possibly be actually sick. Because it’s easier to just bash the guy, i guess,  than to assume it’s just really unfortunate timing for him, and to hope he gets better soon. 

when it comes to illnesses, I’m willing to give somebody the benefit of the doubt, even when they do suck at football 🤷🏻‍♂️ And it’s a shame that I’m the one in the minority here. 

c3eedd711cb0dcb796367d49a8f5c6d1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No one is saying it's not possible that he's sick. But rather the idea that reality matches the reports is not probable. People here have a greater sense of skepticism given all the smoke around this situation.

Not that you'll agree, but people don't perceive you as being sympathetic and gracious, we're perceiving you as coming off naive. And we're not immature and dogmatically begrudging, we're putting together the pieces and saying yeah it's very unlikely this is playing out the way the official reports suggest. You may think it's overly cynical, but it's not like people are starting off with the conclusion and making the evidence fit. It's looking at the evidence and then earnestly reaching a conclusion about probable vs improbable outcomes.

On Sunday (gameday), it was reported that he had been throwing up for days. Now, on Wednesday, they're saying he's still sick. So this guy has been throwing up for a week straight since getting demoted?

Or.... some combination of his agent & the FO are guiding things towards his not being around the team while they try to work out an exit strategy for Mr. Simba. & they are saving face in the media by attributing his absence to an illness.

Look man, I've worked in upper echelons of Corporate America and ran businesses for A List celebrities. I don't say that to try and flex or anything, but to point out that the public line is rarely a fully accurate depiction of reality. There is usually generous spin, which I can say from direct experience. And sometimes it's spin to the point of essentially being a falsehood. People aren't being skeptical here because they hate Dwayne. It's because we've had enough experiences that we've learned to read between the lines by default.

• Like 2

Take it easy on @Cooleyfan1993, fellas. I know it’s a thin line between legitimately insulting behavior and just poking fun at something you disagree with, but we don’t want it to end in rule 5 violations over something silly. 

If you aren’t sure if you’re crossing a line just attack the points being made and nothing else. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well said.

"You are a better man than I Gunga Din."

Yeah, it's easy to lose your humanity and empathy for others and become ensnared in the  anonymous brutality of the internet. I know I have at times (though not with you).

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

that’s a classic.

There is no doubt in my mind he’s not being traded. It’s a 20% chance he stays :ols:

Seems like we will need a thread soon to poll yes/no is he going and what the trade value is if he does go.

Belichick doesn’t mind throwing **** at a wall to see what sticks.

6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yes. I do. and i think people are being silly by calling him immature for a sickness, for throwing up. Plus, people have to realize, rivera is immunocompromised with his cancer/cancer treatments. No reason to risk anything bad happening to rivera. 

Like I’ve said before. Plenty of things to trash haskins for. Him being a crappy QB, him throwing crappy passes, him not working hard enough after getting the starting job. 

Trashing a guy for having an illness (especially during this pandemic, where everyone is trying to be as cautious as possible)? People need to stop doing that. 

You asked for some clarification on what I thought was so funny.

So here it is!

IMO your ideas on Haskins' "illness" reminded me of Gibbs comments on Brunells passing prowess in this video:

Edited by SkinsFTW
  • Haha 3

The narrative here is all jacked up.

1. Haskins benched, 3rd or 4th string
  2. same week, he gets a stomach bug
  3. reports on Sunday indicate it’s not COVID related, but he had been throwing up for days
  4. Posts that he was at the facility Monday (any confirmation on this? Maybe I missed it?)
  5. arrives at facility Wednesday, saw doctors, left (unclear if sent home or left on his own accord)
  6. Reports indicate he was at meetings and with team Saturday, making the “throwing up for days” narrative a bit strange, considering part of the reason he had to “stay away” was because of Rivera’s health. He was jeopardizing Rivera’s health then, why the sudden change. 
  7. Haskins agent has used this tactic previously with Jalen Ramsey (though not the same illness)

It’s all over the map how this is going. Maybe he’s sick, maybe he’s not. But this situation is being handled strangely... from everyone.

Sick, not sick, to me that doesn’t make a difference any more. Just a lot of shadiness being bandied about by all parties.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
47 minutes ago, KDawg said:
  • Posts that he was at the facility Monday (any confirmation on this? Maybe I missed it?)
  •  

Scott said it in his press conference. Said Haskins was there on Monday and they spoke. Didn'r really go into detail or say how long Haskins was there.