Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

28 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I get it - the defense hasn't been great at all sans the Philly game.  But they were Manusky/Barry/Haslett-esque particularly in the early part of the ball game when Allen was in.  That's the only reason I brought it up.

But I still don't see how much you can take away from Allen's performance - good or bad, given it was a fraction over a quarter of football.

I had posted a tweet awhile back that showed how Allen absolutely surpassed Haskins in recognizing where the immediate blitz pressure would be coming from and connecting (or almost connecting) with WRs by throwing over the blitzer. Those types of things can be extrapolated in my view to an entire season. That was something I suspect Haskins never improved on and it resulted in sacks/missed positive yardage plays. Go over it in meetings and film study, go over it again in practice, make sure he learns it, make sure he takes what he learns in meetings onto the practice field and then onto the playing field. And Haskins isn't taking it onto the playing field enough. Allen probably will more consistently, at least based on Sunday's game.

Edited by Califan007

There’s a variety of reasons for his absence.

1) he’s actually sick.

2) He’s doing the pouting thing

3) he has some anxiety and it’s been causing him so real messed up stomach issues

4) his agent advised him

5) all of the above

6) none of the above 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Gastrointestinal issue is a big word for "tummy ache".  Middle schoolers get them when they want to stay home and play video games.

"Depending on the cause, viral gastroenteritis symptoms may appear within one to three days after you're infected and can range from mild to severe. Symptoms usually last just a day or two, but occasionally they may persist as long as 10 days." - Mayo clinic

"Gastrointestinal issue are always extremely mild and are usually only reported by 12 year olds. For everyone else, they are not a real thing." - Mayo clinic

One of these is actually by the Mayo Clinic lol...

18 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I've always been a fan of the short passing game in this new NFL because it helps a QBs confidence and even if you ask Galdi, when you talk about yards per attempt even a measly 4 yards per attempt which is horrible for most QBs is better than most RBs get on their yards per carry. Now this isn't quite accurate because YPA doesn't take into account sacks and interceptions and penalties and stuff, but still that gives you a good thing. 

Plus the short passes open the field up horizontally (throwing to different area) and then when everybody is playing those short passes you open up the deep game. Last year we saw Hasking throwing more deep balls (15-25) to Harmon. It seems like that part of our game has gone away so we are either throwing it under 10 or the few 30+ yarders

Last week somebody posted this and it showed that Haskins wasn't throwing the ball to wide open receivers down the field, even though they appeared to be the first read on the play and he appeared to look right at them, only to then throw it to the check-down guy - and often missing him.  The plays were there, Dwayne just wasn't throwing the ball to the open man.

https://www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2020/10/9/21510192/what-haskinsd-viewing-gold-by-j-t-osullivan

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There’s a variety of reasons for his absence.

1) he’s actually sick.

2) He’s doing the pouting thing

3) he has some anxiety and it’s been causing him so real messed up stomach issues

4) his agent advised him

5) all of the above

6) none of the above 

7) It was just too windy outside*

(*Courtesy of Jay Gruden)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The team doctors are the ones sending him away.  What does Haskins gain from staying away from the team?  It benefits the coaching staff though.  It helps them sell the QB change to the roster by keeping the previous guy, whom they voted a captain, out of sight and out of mind, and it makes Haskins unavailable to be the back up so we can't question their decision to demote him to third string.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

"Depending on the cause, viral gastroenteritis symptoms may appear within one to three days after you're infected and can range from mild to severe. Symptoms usually last just a day or two, but occasionally they may persist as long as 10 days." - Mayo clinic

"Gastrointestinal issue are always extremely mild and are usually only reported by 12 year olds. For everyone else, they are not a real thing." - Mayo clinic

One of these is actually by the Mayo Clinic lol...

If you want to continue believing he caught a 5 day stomach bug the week he got demoted, that's on you, lol.

1 minute ago, httr2020dynasty said:

If you want to continue believing he caught a 5 day stomach bug the week he got demoted, that's on you, lol.

I know, I know..."Preferred narratives above all else" is the ES motto lol...

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The team doctors are the ones sending him away.  What does Haskins gain from staying away from the team?  It benefits the coaching staff though.  It helps them sell the QB change to the roster by keeping the previous guy, whom they voted a captain, out of sight and out of mind, and it makes Haskins unavailable to be the back up so we can't question their decision to demote him to third string.

Only thing is, why would he even give him the chance? Brian Mitchell said that he would just not tell anybody when he's sick. We all remember the Jordan flu (food poisining?) game. I want to see Haskins take this thing by the horns and say this is my job. 

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

Only thing is, why would he even give him the chance? Brian Mitchell said that he would just not tell anybody when he's sick. We all remember the Jordan flu (food poisining?) game. I want to see Haskins take this thing by the horns and say this is my job. 

One reason I could think of is that all illnesses are probably being treated differently right now due to COVID...maybe they stress not keeping things like contagious viruses a secret.

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Ron loves that ‘abundance of caution’ approach. Unless you’ve had 2 dozen operations on a leg that was almost amputated.

Lets see how strong that thing is, carry Aaron Donald!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

One reason I could think of is that all illnesses are probably being treated differently right now due to COVID...maybe they stress not keeping things like contagious viruses a secret.

do we know its contagious ? It seems they were trying to ask that and Rivera wanted to avoid the question. 

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I know, I know..."Preferred narratives above all else" is the ES motto lol...

I mean if you're that naive to believe he caught the easiest illness to fake the week he got demoted to 3rd string qb and put on the inactive list, then that's on you, lol.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

do we know its contagious ? It seems they were trying to ask that and Rivera wanted to avoid the question. 

"Viral gastroenteritis is contagious. It is spread through close contact with infected persons (for example, by sharing food, water, or eating utensils) or by touching surfaces contaminated by an infected person and then touching one's mouth." -Some Website lol...

3 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

You are living in a dream world if you think he has a job to come back to. Even if he plays again this season; the team will be getting the long term QB next year. That isn’t Dwayne.

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Lying to or withholding info from the team doctors to try and keep your job is pure dysfunction.  That is one of the dark sides of the NFL game and we don't want to see the that here.

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

You are living in a dream world if you think he has a job to come back to. Even if he plays again this season; the team will be getting the long term QB next year. That isn’t Dwayne.

How do you think Wesley responded when the Dread Pirate Roberts said "Good Night, Sleep Well, I'll Most Likely Kill You In the Morning"? Wesley went every morning and tried to learn everything about being a pirate, and it worked to save his life. 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

Last week somebody posted this and it showed that Haskins wasn't throwing the ball to wide open receivers down the field, even though they appeared to be the first read on the play and he appeared to look right at them, only to then throw it to the check-down guy - and often missing him.  The plays were there, Dwayne just wasn't throwing the ball to the open man.

https://www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2020/10/9/21510192/what-haskinsd-viewing-gold-by-j-t-osullivan

I watched that video in its entirety.  He did miss a couple reads down field.  One where he checked down and I think the other where he threw to the crossing route on third down.

The obvious reasoning here is the pressure was getting to him so he got antsy on the one to the check down.  On the crossing route, it was like 3rd and 4 so he may have kind of predetermined where he was going with the ball thinking the 5 yard crossing route was the highest percentage read.  The video also covers how bad the pass protection was on a couple of those plays.

This is also why I am sometimes skeptical about college prospects.   Haskins never had an overmatched O-Line in college so you have no idea if he'd get happy feet or anxious in the pocket and stop going through his reads.

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Lying to or withholding info from the team doctors to try and keep your job is pure dysfunction.  That is one of the dark sides of the NFL game and we don't want to see the that here.

Especially now.

Imagine:

Player A has the flu but tells no one. Player B has COVID but doesn't know it yet because they have not been tested yet an are asymptomatic.

Player A inadvertently infects Player B with the flu.

Player A is better 4 days later. Player B has tested positive with COVID and also has the flu to deal with, complicating their recovery from COVID.

Coach to Player A: "Why didn't you tell us you had a contagious virus?!"

Player A: "I didn't want to chance losing my 3rd string position on the roster and was afraid you'd make someone else ineligible on game day."

Edited by Califan007

It’s a near certainty the only reason he is there is to take the Covid test to stay in protocol to facilitate a trade. The fact they said he took one  underscores that reality. Doesn’t take a genius to see where this is going. There is also a 1 in 3 chance he has the antibodies given the fact Ron said one of them has them. So it’s essentially keeping him in protocol so he’s not subject to a quarantine for missing tests. 

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

"Viral gastroenteritis is contagious. It is spread through close contact with infected persons (for example, by sharing food, water, or eating utensils) or by touching surfaces contaminated by an infected person and then touching one's mouth." -Some Website lol...

No one said he had gastroenteritis or that what he had was contagious.