Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Here is one of my problems with Case. He is going to use this year for his next big contract.  ShowcaseCase2019.com.  If he does well, he is a rental to us, for he will bolt for greener pastures. Is watching that happen all year, really going to be best for Haskins development?  Amateur hour here but I will say hell no. Haskins is here to play and we all know it.

Keenum, I'm sure, understands that Haskins is the team's future (unless he busts) and he has no future here really as a starter.

I really don't have a problem with Keenum showcasing himself for his next team and his next contract if Gruden deems Haskins as not ready when the season starts.

Of course, none of this takes Colt McCoy into account. Or Alex Smith, for that matter, down the road.

Should be interesting. :)

Best case scenario for him he balls out. We make a playoff run and he leaves next yr for a comp pick. 

Either way the cookie crumbles I think we will be okay. Primarily a run first/defense team which should help allievate pressure on the Qb. As of now our receiving weapons are fairly unproven.  

Better "Case" scenario: Case balls out and we trade him to a team that just lost a QB.  All when McCoy gets healthy, and after doing the inevitable - giving Haskins the keys, who then leads us to the Super Blow.  Why wait for a comp pick, IIRC don't they get cancelled out if we ink a free agent?

4 hours ago, SkinsFootball said:

Best case scenario for him he balls out. We make a playoff run and he leaves next yr for a comp pick. 

Either way the cookie crumbles I think we will be okay. Primarily a run first/defense team which should help allievate pressure on the Qb. As of now our receiving weapons are fairly unproven.  

Best case is the Redskins playing the most competent QB. If that QB happens to be DH then even better as we:

A). Receive immediate confirmation that we didn't blow a top 10 draft pick (Shuler).

B).  Haskin's growth is escalated by one year and compounded for exponential growth for the upcoming years.

C). All subsequent picks and off season moves can be focused around team building knowing that we have an Ace in the pocket.

I haven't felt like we had an bona fide Ace in the pocket since the 92 season.  Virtually the same SB team and a slightly overweight (previous year SB MVP) Mark Rypien jogging into camp.   

The multiple disappointments from that year are real.

2 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

How about who's the best Skins team since 91 that had potential?

That's an easy one.

Its the geriatric year of free agency.

Bruce Smith, Dion, Mark Carrier, Brad Johnson and host of others..(Stobblefield, big daddy Dan W, Champ etc.)

We literally had a chance to make things happen if we could have stayed healthy.

6 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

Keenum, I'm sure, understands that Haskins is the team's future (unless he busts) and he has no future here really as a starter.

Maybe there's a possibility that he plays super, super average, to the point that he receives no offers for a starting position, and he re-signs here as a backup.

19 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I don’t think Case is going to have a super high ceiling this year, based on lack of WR talent. Unless Reed and Chris Thompson are healthy, he have one of the worst receiving cores in the league. 

Not just RB/TE, but a lot hinges on the development, or lack thereof, regarding the young WR's.

I know people are tired of the word "potential", but this young group could turn out to be great...or good. Too early to tell.

6 hours ago, ThePackisback said:

I didn't realize how tough the Skins were in 91. I think they would have destroyed my [INSERT TEAM HERE] straight up.

Best team of all-time.  Missed 19-0 by literally five points, two of them coming with the first seed already wrapped up.  

Throughout the playoffs, Super Bowl included, the lowest margin of victory was thirteen points, and even the scoreboard doesn't tell the story.

As for the best since 1991, it's 1999.  Without that pre-Romo field goal ****-up, it's the Super Bowl.  In 2005 we could've won it, too, but injuries steadily ruined the team once the season hit Week 12ish.  With a healthy Griffin in 2012, if they would've just ****ing taken him out on the second touchdown, that would be a Super Bowl, too.

Sigh.

9 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I suspect it's going to be pretty easy for Case to seize the starting role to start the year. He would be dumb to take risks.  And I think Jay is not going to unleash Haskins proper on defenses in preseason to create his own QB controversy, further than he will already be facing.  I wonder if a head coach has ever openly stated that they want a full blown QBC of 2 even matched guys. They could easily manipulate that via preseason play calling, by showcasing ones strengths, and exposing the others weaknesses.

Reports are focused on Haskins in camp but Keenum is doing well and short of Case collapsing in preseason, see the job as all but his.  He got first reps in camp and that says all I need to know to form my first guess, coupled with the common belief new kids have to sit a few weeks no matter what.

Here is one of my problems with Case. He is going to use this year for his next big contract.  ShowcaseCase2019.com.  If he does well, he is a rental to us, for he will bolt for greener pastures. Is watching that happen all year, really going to be best for Haskins development?  Amateur hour here but I will say hell no. Haskins is here to play and we all know it.

Agreed. Colt gets cut and Case is back up 

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yes, that's actually easy to remember, because for quite a while, the Skins would beat the Super Bowl winner during the regular season of that same year.

I think you guys beat us in a come from behind victory too. We were up by 10 and lost it in the 4th quarter.

11 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

If it hurts Haskins feelings that someone who is playing better gets more playing time, then Haskins does indeed get to develop and grow something: Some big boy pants, ones that he can pull up.

Its a good point though. We wont be signing case unless Haskins sucks or he does. So best case scenario hes gone regardless. Unless he wants to be a backup all of a sudden. So why waste the time? 

(I would still rather sit Haskins if hes not ready, just making the argument)

47 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If it hurts Haskins feelings that someone who is playing better gets more playing time, then Haskins does indeed get to develop and grow something: Some big boy pants, ones that he can pull up.

Haskins sat behind JT Barrett.  I think he will be okay in this regard.

30 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its a good point though. We wont be signing case unless Haskins sucks or he does. So best case scenario hes gone regardless. Unless he wants to be a backup all of a sudden. So why waste the time? 

Haskins will sit if he's not ready. Jay needs to win to keep his job. I truly believe he is going to go with his best option to do so.

The question is does Haskins flash enough to give him confidence he is a better option then Case?

Things also to consider is if Case does start how long is his leash? 2 games under .500? If we are winning then at that point Haskins would be one injury away from being the guy anyway.

Here's a thought, but I'm far from serious.

Let Keenum sit the whole entire year. Don't let Keenum play a single down.

Pretend like he's 3rd string.

Either play Haskins or McCoy the whole year.

Then Keenum's value goes down in the FA market, and he's less likely to get a nice offer from another team.

Then he would be a decent option to bring back as 2nd string starting next year !

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Case starts week one and goes 3-0. Averaging 6 TDs and 450 yards per outing. In a very strange Week 4,  the ever frugal Case accidentally headbutts an official during the  cointoss as he bends over to pick up what he thinks is a free coin. Keenum enters into the NFL concussion protocol while Haskins throws for 500 yards and 7 TDs vs Janiel Doans.  The following week Eli retires and NYG are in desperate need of a QB. Bruce accepts the trade offer of 2 first round picks and a naked pinup of Mrs. John Mara.

Archived