Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

3 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

20 years of poor decisions isnt fixed in one off season. Stop being impatient. We weren't expected to be successful this year so no need to be shocked when we suck.

I think the issue is not that we're not successful, it's that we don't even really seem pointed in the right direction.  At minimum, I was hoping the off the field shenanigans would be gone.  Nope. And back to square one at QB.  

7 minutes ago, megared said:

He totally punted on improving the roster via free agency.  He walked Apke out at FS when anyone that watched the guy, knew that was a bad idea.  He traded Trent, and didn't even think about the net loss.  Same thing with Flowers leaving. 

But he doesn't bear any blame for us watching noncompetitive football?  What young QB was going to blossom with this group?  

Trent wasn't going to play here for reasons completely out of Ron's control. 

You are right, we didn't do much in the offseason but signing a big name FA would have done nothing to help this team. In fact it would have just been the same old "winning in the offseason" crap that this team has been doing for 20 years. So you are actually arguing to keep doing the same unproductive things that this team has done for the last 20 years.

Let Ron do his thing. Nobody said this would be fixed overnight 

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

None of them outright showed the same VISUAL (not even media reports) disinterest and immaturity as Haskins did here. They all also can use their legs so they aren’t pocket guys like Haskins. 

Haskins needs a chance to prove he has it or doesn’t. But that chance shouldn’t be here... not at this juncture. That’s just my opinion. 

So yall just gonna keep tap dancing around my point to reply with something I'm not talking about? Lol

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

I really wonder if he would answer the question of something like What does Haskins need to do to be number 2 on the depth chart because he clearly moved the ball better than Alex did

It's all the stuff that some people here dismiss.

A.  don't have your agent trash the team

B.  work harder

C. Don't be smug in the locker room when your team gets crushed

It's convienient to dismiss it all by defining them as evil leaks or they are just making things up about Haskins for kicks.  The irony is then so did the previous regime.  So did some in the national media.  So did some of the draft geeks before that draft.  So did the Ohio State reporter who I mentioned.  You got a lot of dudes apparently in on this conspiracy to falsely define Haskins' intangibles.   What next some foreign countries are in on it, too?

People can question Scott Turner's play calling.  The dude doesn't have a track record.  I get that.  But the wild assertions by some about Rivera being this clueless guy, questioning his motives and to an extent his integrity -- wow. 

Rivera is known around the league for his integrity.   He's not some wild sleazy guy.  

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

No, I want Ron to get his guys and build his team how he sees fit.  That's really where I'm at.

But fine, let's do this:  I'll admit that "burying Haskins" is the priority in our loser culture when you admit that Haskins was a bad quarterback who ranks last or near last in a lot of major statistical categories and lacks maturity.  Deal?

Nope lol I wouldn't be genuine if I said that. I don't think Haskins is as bad as his numbers with this team suggest. This is my perspective. Did you see Smith and Allen combine for the worst stat game in 50 years yesterday? Maybe the talent around Haskins was affecting his numbers the way it affected those two yesterday? If a 10+ year vet and a guy who supposedly knows this offense can look HISTORICALLY bad in this offense, I'd expect a guy in his first 4 games in the system to struggle.

And although I believe he has more talent than the level our team is burying him at, I'm not a Haskins guy. To me the issue is bigger than him and blaming him just scapegoats the issues we have had for 20 years. I'm a winning culture guy and team accountability guy. We have neither mindset right now as a franchise.

46 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtisrush/2019/10/01/no-one-should-really-be-surprised-by-josh-allens-struggles/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/robreischel/2020/08/30/jordan-love-is-struggling-but-remember-aaron-rodgers-was-once-a-mess-himself/amp/

https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/22/chargers-qb-justin-herbert-faces-struggles-against-first-team-defense/

http://local12.com/sports/bengals/after-brilliant-first-day-throwing-in-front-of-media-burrow-struggles-a-bit-in-red-zone-cincinnati-nfl-pro-football-joe-zac-burrow-tyler-boyd-sam-hubbard-xavier-sua-filo-michael-jordan

Articles about recent developmental QBs struggling, but I'm not comparing the QBs. I'm comparing how the teams handled their QBs struggles. Look at how the narratives of their struggles were portrayed. The teams all had their guys back and made it an intention to rally around, just like I said, their young QBs. Now compare that environment to Washington. How often do we get leaks tearing down our young QBs whether it's Haskins, Cousins, Griffin, Campbell, or Ramsey. Our culture is trash and a big reason we will never develop QB talent here.

https://247sports.com/Article/Washington-Football-Team-coach-Ron-Rivera-praise-Dwayne-Haskins-149901552/

https://riggosrag.com/2020/06/10/redskins-qb-dwayne-haskins-receives-strong-praise-ron-rivera/

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/10/9/21509568/ron-rivera-presser-by-no-means-have-i-given-up-on-dwayne-haskins

2 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

And although I believe he has more talent than the level our team is burying him at, I'm not a Haskins guy. To me the issue is bigger than him and blaming him just scapegoats the issues we have had for 20 years. I'm a winning culture guy and team accountability guy. We have neither mindset right now as a franchise.

Work ethic.

Work ethic.

Work ethic.

For all the Dwayne defenders--please--acknowledge this one point: Is he working hard enough? YEARS of reports. YEARS. But post, after post, after post, is all about how Rivera did him wrong--not what Haskins has done or earned at this point.

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

B.  work harder

Chris Russell was on the air this morning saying everyone know what Dwayne Haskins is--and no one wants to trade a bag of footballs for him.

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

B.  work harder

You're taking these reports as gospel. But Ron has never said anything about them. He said on Friday that Dwayne is in the future of this team. So if like to hear why

4 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Nope lol I wouldn't be genuine if I said that. I don't think Haskins is as bad as his numbers with this team suggest. This is my perspective. Did you see Smith and Allen combine for the worst stat game in 50 years yesterday? Maybe the talent around Haskins was affecting his numbers the way it affected those two yesterday? If a 10+ year vet and a guy who supposedly knows this offense can look HISTORICALLY bad in this offense, I'd expect a guy in his first 4 games in the system to struggle.

I did see Allen and Smith combine for the worst stat game yesterday.  And I don't think Haskins would have done much better with Aaron Donald in his face all day.  And if you don't think Haskins has been as bad as his numbers, then you haven't seen him miss some pretty easy passes.  

But if you're a winning culture guy and a team accountability guy, then I'm struggling to understand why you'd support Haskins in any way shape or form because Haskins isn't that guy.  

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Haskins hasn't done anything to make me defend him, BUT I am not on the "In Ron I trust" bandwagon. Every part of this team has looked terrible aside from 2 quarters in week 1. I'm not seeing a single thing that is looking improved on this squad. 

Yeah. It's really sad to see. My expectations were pretty damn low for 2020 (Just don't be a dumpster fire), but it seems like even those will not be met.

6 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Chris Russell was on the air this morning saying everyone know what Dwayne Haskins is--and no one wants to trade a bag of footballs for him.

'And Russell loved him before the draft.  I respect that Russell actually said he was wrong.   Some here trash Cooley but I also respect that he is willing to say that he made a mistake when he does.  I've liked players who haven't panned out.  it happens.  It's OK.   But the mark of a bad regime is to double down on mistakes and delude yourself versus cutting your losses

The damage that Dan did on this pick is big.  Galdi covered it well today.  They wanted to take Sweat at 15.  If they did, they woud have still had the #2 pick that year and #2 pick the following year.  They would have avoided two wasted years with Haskins. 

I know some say pick a Qb or bust in 2019.  Apparently, Jay did have one in mind after the first round, don't know whom.    But we'd do better fishing for a new one in the 2021 draft IMo that keep riding this with Haskins. 

To Russell's point, if its sooo obvious that it was the WFT who did Haskins wrong and all these intangible concerns are just made up -- then Haskins should have no problem finding suitors willing to give up a high pick for him.  Alas, I don't think we are getting a top 3 round pick for him.  Wouldn't shock me if its a 5th.

24 minutes ago, SprintBomb said:

Trent wasn't going to play here for reasons completely out of Ron's control. 

You are right, we didn't do much in the offseason but signing a big name FA would have done nothing to help this team. In fact it would have just been the same old "winning in the offseason" crap that this team has been doing for 20 years. So you are actually arguing to keep doing the same unproductive things that this team has done for the last 20 years.

Let Ron do his thing. Nobody said this would be fixed overnight 

Ron extended Cooper that contract.  It was reported to be MORE than the 5 year $100 M he ultimately got.  Amari saved us from ourselves.  

With all of the holes on O, he thought it was a good idea, to pay that guy THAT money.  Despite the fact there were no guarantees we'd be able to get him the ball frequently enough to EVER justify that contract. 

If we were ever 'rebuilding', why would that contract be in the realm of possibilities?

7 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I did see Allen and Smith combine for the worst stat game yesterday.  And I don't think Haskins would have done much better with Aaron Donald in his face all day.  And if you don't think Haskins has been as bad as his numbers, then you haven't seen him miss some pretty easy passes.  

But if you're a winning culture guy and a team accountability guy, then I'm struggling to understand why you'd support Haskins in any way shape or form because Haskins isn't that guy.  

I watched the film from yesterday. How come you guys aren't getting on Smith for missing 2 open WRs on 4th down to throw into double coverage? Why aren't you getting on Allen for checking down when the middle crosser was open? Basically all the things these guys were supposed to do better at, they didn't. Maybe it was Donald. I am willing to see more of Allen, but Smith is done.

Again, the sensationalism over Haskins is not something I will participate in. His passing numbers were comparable with other developing QBs. You are so sold on the scapegoat that you have to act like he doesn't have NFL talent now. That's another reason we always get fleeced in trades. We have this weird habit of tanking our players value. More loser culture.

7 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

You're taking these reports as gospel. But Ron has never said anything about them. He said on Friday that Dwayne is in the future of this team. So if like to hear why

What coach publicly says a guy on the roster is out before they actually are.  That's pretty rare.  

As for those reports, its come from so many different avenues.  Some here act like its the first rodeo with someone challanging Haskins' work ethic.  It's not the first rodeo, its one now of many.  I don't feel like regurgitating all this stuff here because clearly some have made up their minds to dismiss anything that questions Haskins.

I tried to keep an open mind about Haskins and i didn't dismiss all the previous leaks about him because it came from way too many places.  But I put it aside, and I leaned even a little positive about him before the season until the seaon unfolded and the same narratives resurfaced.   And no its not because its what I wanted to happen.  Nothing would make me happier then having a bonafide franchise QB. 

4 minutes ago, megared said:

Ron extended Cooper that contract.  It was reported to be MORE than the 5 year $100 M he ultimately got.  Amari saved us from ourselves.  

With all of the holes on O, he thought it was a good idea, to pay that guy THAT money.  Despite the fact there were no guarantees we'd be able to get him the ball frequently enough to EVER justify that contract. 

If we were ever 'rebuilding', why would that contract be in the realm of possibilities?

Snyder pushed for Amari and the contract.  Rivera went along with it (aka Shanny and McNabb).  Check out the Julie Donaldson interview from earlier this year. IMO, we got lucky Amari said No. 

1 minute ago, megared said:

It was a 5 year deal for a 26 year old player, high end WR's rarely hit the market and are probably the 2nd most difficult position to draft based on the hit rates that have been posted on this site.

An NFL rebuild is 2 to 3 years, getting another #1 to play opposite of Terry would be a welcomed addition so I think adding high end young players is  part of the process of rebuilding.

5 minutes ago, megared said:

Send him a tweet and ask him yourself. After 20 years of either Cerrato or Bruce making the decisions,  I am happy to have Ron doing it. I am going to give him more that 5 games to prove he can turn this joke of an organization around.

Archived