Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I didn’t say I was unhappy, did I? I said I don’t understand why he would share that right after the game. 

I didn't say you were unhappy, did I?  Probably to stave off any speculation about who the starter would be going into next week?  If he says it right after the game, the media isn't speculating for the rest of the day, tomorrow and into Tuesday.  

22 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

That's awesome for him he impressed in the off-season.  Tell me though who won a national championship and heisman with absolutely record breaking numbers the entire season?   No one cares he won out the job.  

Yeah , LSU didn’t have a stacked team SMH

5 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I just think of QBs like Goff and Bradford, Smith and other high guys who were benched early in their careers. Hopefully Haskins can recover from this

I doubt he does to the extent where he develops into a franchise Qb but the better question I think is for which team?  i am having a hard time thinking of an obvious trade partner. 

4 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Haskins would have been slightly better than Smith but let’s be honest, he’s the worst qb in the nfl and would have been eaten alive by this d line in the rain. It was a good game for him because the offense sucked but it doesn’t mean he’s a good qb.

I see. So Haskins sucks but when we get the same performance from two more experienced guys it’s because of who they faced and the weather. Got it.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I loathe when everyone says they’re frustrated. With who! Because they’re the ones playing poorly so who exactly are they frustrated with because I didn’t see an inspired team out there.

Same with the OL. I get they don’t have talent but you got a guy coming in that just fought his way back for two years and that’s how you elevate your play? By almost getting him killed again? It just shows that what we saw today was the absolute best effort we were gonna get from those guys. It’ll never be better than that.

I'm wondering if the OLine coach is up to the task...

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think it was pretty reasonable for him to sit Allen for the rest of the game after a shot like that, even if he cleared the concussion protocol.  

I'm no concussion expert but I can't imagine that he wouldn't be more susceptible to a concussion after taking a shot like that.  

Which I’m fine with but don’t clear him to come back. I’d rather just go to an emergency QB (Logan) than a guy they’re concussion concerned with.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I didn't say you were unhappy, did I?  Probably to stave off any speculation about who the starter would be going into next week?  If he says it right after the game, the media isn't speculating for the rest of the day, tomorrow and into Tuesday.  

Yes, you asked if I was unhappy... See below... :ols: 

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Right, but you just advocated for Kyle to start next week....and that's what Rivera said was going to happen.  

I'm confused.  You're just unhappy with how he delivered the message?

Just now, Califan007 said:

I'm wondering if the OLine coach is up to the task...

There’s really no talent on that line. I don’t think any OL coach would be up to the task. They’re all below average. Even Moses. It’s pretty easy to expect a complete lack of production when you have an OL that bad. Unless you got Russell Wilson back there you’re asking too much.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I doubt he does to the extent where he develops into a franchise Qb but the better question I think is for which team?  i am havuig a hard time thinking of an obvious trade partner. 

Steelers and Colts both need heir apparents for their aging starters. I don't know the backup situation on every teams, but I can imagine a number of teams willing to take a flyer on a development prospect.

WFT wouldn't get a bounty, but they need as many picks as possible to rebuild this toxic waste dump of a roster.

1 minute ago, profusion said:

Steelers and Colts both need heir apparents for their aging starters. I don't know the backup situation on every teams, but I can imagine a number of teams willing to take a flyer on a development prospect.

WFT wouldn't get a bounty, but they need as many picks as possible to rebuild this toxic waste dump of a roster.

Hopefully so.  

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

Just a reminder that Simba 300 didn’t get benched because he was bad on Sundays, though he was historically bad.

He got benched because he was bad on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.

I'll bet his bad Mon-Sat isn't as bad as what we just witnessed...

I thought Allen looked spry and decisive in very limited action. Hard to make a case either way. If you’re not going to trade Haskins, make him number 2 and see if it inspires him. Alex is a nice story, but you get nothing from him at this point on the field 

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

I thought Allen looked spry and decisive in very limited action. Hard to make a case either way. If you’re not going to trade Haskins, make him number 2 and see if it inspires him. Alex is a nice story, but you get nothing from him at this point on the field 

And you base that off of a half of football?

It’s a good thing Ron moved on from Haskins when he did, given he couldn’t possibly play today with the flu and all. 🤔

I get why the Haskins pity committee is having a field day today.  I’m not being facetious either, I get it.  You rode for dude all week, it’s only fair you get to relish in the results.

That said, if Ron would have stuck with Dwayne and he was healthy enough to play today, it would have been his last game anyways.  Because there is absolutely zero chance he doesn’t stink up the joint in today’s circumstances.

27 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Today's game proved why placing so much blame on Haskins last week was a weak loser move. How do you claim a player is holding the offense back and then have the worst offensive game in 50 years? This is exactly why I said Rivera should have been telling the TEAM to focus on their jobs instead of throwing Haskins under the bus. The last thing you give a bad football team is a scapegoat. We need all our players to look in the mirror.

I think we all need a good look in the mirror being fans of this team 

4 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Dude should be inspired by being a standout at OSU, a first round pick and a leader of an NFL franchise.  If that doesn't "inspire" him, then he doesn't need to be around.

Archived