Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

He's not a leader, he's a prima donna. You lead by example; and the fact that he conveniently has a "stomach bug" instead of being there for his teammates further confirms he's not cut out to be a franchise qb.

2 hours ago, megared said:

Hurt people do silly stuff, especially when they're immature.  But it doesn't sum him up, and simplifying it to that degree ignores a lot of other stuff, that isn't easy to resolve.  

Here's where we differ.  I do think it sums him up because it's a simple, easy act.  If that's how he acts in regards to something silly, to me it alludes to what he's probably like on something serious.  

In other words, if he's a strong guy mentally, he's not unfollowing the team on twitter.  If he's strong mentally, he's not being a pouty ****.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Oh yeah I forgot all about Rivera's cancer too in relation to Haskins. That makes Haskins even WORSE and MORE immature. Like dude your coach is literally getting IV treatments at halftime. You can't sack up and support your team from the sidelines? In a HOME game?(so its not like he has to fly anywhere)

So you believe he really does have the flu? Sounds like you do.

So some of you are saying Haskins has been throwing up since Friday morning? What on earth would keep that fact from leaking until a few hours before the game? This isn't the Patriots org - we would have known about this on Friday.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Given the maturity questions, the timing of this thing is a bit... Suspicious. Probably more than a bit.

That said, anything is possible. If he is sick, I hope he recovers well and gets back on his feet.

Assuming he is actually sick... how ****ty is this timing?

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Jeez people. Rivera’s immunity is way down due to his cancer treatment. Sending haskins home (with a stomach virus, as he’s been throwing up the past 48 hours) is SMART. Nobody’s “faking”. Stop with that ****. 

There are 75000 empty stadium seats. Some of them close to a bathroom. I'm pretty sure he could support his treammates from there

40 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:
43 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Nobody would lie about throwing up and having a stomach virus. This isn’t him faking it. 

Nobody would lie about that?

Clearly you haven’t been in the work force very long.  Something bad happening to an employee from a work standpoint and they call out “sick” is Workplace 101.

I have as much idea as anyone does about the legitimacy of his sickness, but to dismiss someone on record as immature for “faking it” because “nobody would lie about throwing up...” is incredibly naive.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

good summary, agree with that. Would appear it’s beyond repair as well.

as for a potential trade, I’m really not keen of eating that extra cap hit but a parting of ways does seem inevitable. who the hell knows what his trade value could be. can’t see anything higher than a 4th. even that could be unrealistic, guess you never know though.

I was wondering about the cap.  Are 1st rd contracts guaranteed?  Would Haskins theoretically get all his money regardless if he is cut?

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Clearly you haven’t been in the work force very long.  Something bad happening to an employee from a work standpoint and they call out “sick” is Workplace 101.

I have as much idea as anyone does about the legitimacy of his sickness, but to dismiss someone on record as immature for “faking it” because “nobody would lie about throwing up...” is incredibly naive.

The regional differences is interesting. In California and most of the West it’s “call in sick”. I think Midwest and East coast is “call out sick”. Same with stand in line versus stand on line.

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

The regional differences is interesting. In California and most of the West it’s “call in sick”. I think Midwest and East coast is “call out sick”. Same with stand in line versus stand on line.

Western NY - Call in sick and stand in line.

• Like 1
Just now, Nerm said:

I was wondering about the cap.  Are 1st rd contracts guaranteed?  Would Haskins theoretically get all his money regardless if he is cut?

Yes. There used to be voidable last years but not anymore. However if Washington plays hardball and he keeps accelerating his act it will at some point get to conduct detrimental to the team territory and there would be a dispute if the guarantees void in that scenario.  It’s not a ton of money and I doubt Ron is interested in taking that path. Trade as early as possible seems most likely. 

• Thanks 1

pooping his pants since he was drafted, having it come from both ends now after demotion seems par for course and really doesn't come as that big of a surprise, does it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If Haskins is incapacitated by the flu, then it's double bad luck for him. The timing couldn't be worse.   Even if he's truly sick, his staying home to cope with it, will add more fuel to negative press and rumors swirling around Haskins' maturity in dealing with his demotion.

In my posts before Haskins was benched, I mentioned my concerns with Dwayne's off-field issues (mainly social media incidents, but a few other things he did) that made me question how maturely he'd handle the ups-&-downs of his career in the NFL. 

That said, I can't imagine how he'd ever think that faking being sick on game-day, just after being benched,  would be a good idea.  He's got to know about all the scrutiny on him at the moment -- and how things will be assumed of him, even if he was truly  sick.  Better he try fo show up, and force the team doctors to send him home.

So, even while he's ill at home, Haskins needs consider how to obtain a really definitive medical excuse from an approved MD... Because right now, many people are assuming he's faking out of spite, until he proves it otherwise.

For whatever it's worth, a LOT of Cowboys fans applauded the move to bench Haskins as a sign that Rivera preaches and practices accountability (something they wish their team did), and are worried that Kyle Allen will light up their defense.

but it's Cowboys fans, so....

giphy.gif

Edited by Califan007

Trade talk already in the press.  Sigh.  That would make Snyder responsible for a total draft bust of four first round picks and two second round picks for QBs.  Most of them high in the round.  

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

image.png.cebf2efd1928adb43bd6a4f9a5767470.png

Edited by 86 Snyder
55 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

Trade talk already in the press.  Sigh.  That would make Snyder responsible for a total draft bust of four first round picks and two second round picks for QBs.  Most of them high in the round.  

Gibbs wanted Campbell.