Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State


Recommended Posts

 

 

...From the minute Haskins was drafted, there have been questions about his maturity and work ethic, and despite his obvious physical talents, many, including myself, have always worried those questions would get in the way of his growth.

 

According to 106.7 The Fan's Grant Paulsen, Haskins was heard by teammates bragging about his numbers after Washington's 31-17 loss to the Ravens this past Sunday -- and they weren't happy. 

 

One thing I heard from multiple people was that the final straw for Dwayne Haskins, okay — take this for what it's worth — was that a lot of people with the team, including some players, but also some coaches, did not like how he was acting after this past weekend's loss to Baltimore," Paulsen said Friday on 106.7 The Fan.

"And what I was told was that he was... and we saw this on the field a little bit," Paulsen continued. "I know some people were bothered. I was not for the record, because this just happens. But like he was super playful. He was having a good time with Robert Griffin and hopping around, and they had just lost the game.

 

"And this happens, to me, all the time. Like you see this a lot, so I took nothing out of it. But I know some people were like, 'Why is he so happy? They just lost to the Ravens.' Well, apparently in the locker room, he's heard by players talking about his stat line and that he threw for 300 yards."

 

"And the idea that I was told was there was some friction based on how he was acting after the game," Paulsen said. "Like you just got worked by Baltimore, your coach is sitting on the bench basically battling cancer during the game, your defense is trying to hold its own but getting shoved around by the Ravens, and he was I guess even overheard talking about 300 yards and his stats and things, and that really bothered some people with the team."

"So before I get into the next thing, I want to pass that along," Paulsen said. "That's something I heard as having been an issue for this coaching staff, in addition to the tweet his agent sent.

 
  • Sad 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Obviously newton was an easy one, just pointing out that he did it.

But the guy slated to start this weekend was undrafted, had flashes but also several horrible stretches of turnover football and he still traded for him to bring him with them.

Kinda disproves the sentiment that he won't develop a quarterback. 

And he hasn't given up on haskins yet, he just benched him feeling its whats best for the team.

Again people may disagree with it but I just don't see how you can say he won't develop a quarterback when all the evidence suggests otherwise. 

 

or it may just prove he's not a good judge of quarterbacks

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Good lord. This thing just keeps getting sadder and sadder. 🤕


Yet people still can’t fathom why he’d be benched. I’m having a hard time with it, to be honest. It’s like people just see Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State, 1st round, college statistics. They don’t see the other issues. They don’t see how they compound each other. They don’t see how Rivera was handed a steaming pile of poo and was told, “Here, make this work, or dont. But whatever you do will be the wrong decision unless that decision and result happens to be that Haskins is our franchise QB. Good luck.”

 

Snyder skates. Again. He drafted this poor guy to this franchise. He did. 
 

This is a guy who once hired an OC before a HC and couldn’t figure out why no one wanted the HC job. This is the guy that stopped the Jim Fassel deal because of fan backlash. This is a guy who fired Schottenheimer... 

 

If Snyder wanted Haskins so bad, a project QB, a pocket QB, he should have fired Gruden instead of playing games with him and got a staff in that wanted to invest in Haskins PRIOR to the 2019 Draft.

 

It SUCKS that Haskins, Rivera and everyone in the organization has to deal with this. It SUCKS. And it’s due to Snyder. Yet people blame Ron Rivera. 
 

I don’t understand it. 

 

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Did Haskins unfollow everyone or just certain people?  (My only social media is a facebook page I haven't looked at in several years.)


Certain people. The team and Kyle Allen yesterday. He also unfollowed Ron Rivera on Twitter in the past 24 hours. Unfollowing your coach and GM who follows you might not be the smartest move particularly when his daughter runs his social media for him. 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

 They don’t see how Rivera was handed a steaming pile of poo and was told, “Here, make this work, or dont. But whatever you do will be the wrong decision unless that decision and result happens to be that Haskins is our franchise QB. Good luck.”

 

 

 

He really has - he's inherited at least 3 malcontents that were not his choosing (Trent, Quinton, Dwayne) and forced to "find a home" for them, within just a matter of months since his hiring.

There's been no disciplinary problems with any of the guys Rivera has brought in however, whether by draft or FA. So I say, give the Coach a chance to build his own team, and make his own mark, before judging. He's getting paid a lot of money to see if his way works. So give him a chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

He really has - he's inherited at least 3 malcontents that were not his choosing (Trent, Quinton, Dwayne) and forced to "find a home" for them, within just a matter of months since his hiring.

There's been no disciplinary problems with any of the guys Rivera has brought in however, whether by draft or FA. So I say, give the Coach a chance to build his own team, and make his own mark, before judging. He's getting paid a lot of money to see if his way works. So give him a chance.


I’ll take it a step further.

 

People are saying the team needed patience with Haskins, and this is why we can’t develop a QB, but what about a coach? We get a good one in Rivera, who walked into this... yes, willingly, but it’s still a **** sandwich, and people expect the guy to turn a quarterback who has had his entire pro experience be a giant negative (both his own issues but mostly the shoddy organizational set up)...

 

And they’re pointing fingers at Rivera saying he’s the issue. It’s the wrong line of logic.

 

This organization, for 20+ years has been plagued by Snyder, Cerrato and Allen. Removing their warts is not a shortened offseason job. It takes a lot of time. You have to dig things out at the roots.

 

Unfortunately for the franchise, and Haskins, he was a part of the problem. Not even HIM meaning Dwayne Haskins the person. But Dwayne Haskins the first round project QB drafted to a coach who was fired but just didn’t have the official designation. 
 

He is a symptom, and again, not HIM. It has nothing to do with him. It has nothing to do with his play. It has nothing to do with his maturity. The fact is he is a symptom of the former regime. And he is a reminder of the damage done to the organization. 
 

and that’s unfortunate... because a 23 year old shouldn’t face that non sense. 
 

Make no mistake, the fact he was benched was due to his play and maturity. But the fact he was in this situation is not his fault... or Rivera’s. It’s Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder.

 

Their influence needs to be removed entirely and this franchise fumigated. No person or group of people should ever, ever, have to go through a situation like this one.

 

There is not one party who benefited from any of this. 
 

And it’s sad.

 

 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bh32 said:

They need to trade or cut Haskins..

I agree.  I don’t see any coming back from this thing.  If Haskins is going to be a franchise QB (highly unlikely) it won’t be here.  Better to just get rid of him now and move on quickly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Very few QBs come into the league anymore where the jury is out on whether they have the "it" factor as far as potential to develop into a successful, franchise level QB. The guys who come in with doubts about their potential just don't seem to rise to the same level as the guys coming in who just seem ready right away. Haskins was an extremely risky pick in the first round. There's nothing to point to in order to make the argument he's even going in the right direction now. Is it fair to use that 4th down play as a litmus test? I think so. Yes, the coverage was going to be tough to throw against, and the chances for success were not good. But he did have time, and he did have room to move to create something. Going to the check down who was never going to score showed he doesn't have the confidence to make a play, or the balls to take a chance. I keep thinking of what a young Brett Favre would have done there. My guess is he would have taken some kind of chance, any chance, on getting the ball to someone in the endzone, or at least at the goal line. And Favre might have thrown an INT, but he had the mentality that he was going to try. It's like the lottery - you probably won't win, but you definitely won't win if you don't buy a ticket.  

 

He got a vote of no confidence by his new coach, and he didn't react to it well, as we see more and more with young, entitled pro athletes. No reason to think RIvera wants to get him back out there to try again any time soon.         

 

         

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

 

 

He got a vote of no confidence by his new coach, and he didn't react to it well, as we see more and more with young, entitled pro athletes. No reason to think RIvera wants to get him back out there to try again any time soon.         

 

         

 

the coach is the one who determines if you're going to be successful, no one in their right mind would reactive positively to their boss telling them they suck, which is what a "vote of no confidence" is

 

considering it was turnovers that got him in hot water the week before I can't believe him throwing an INT in that situation would have helped him at all in Rivera's eyes

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@carex I sometimes wonder if you’ve been sent here to disagree with me on every possible issue that faces this team.  
 

We all have our arguments and see things differently, but it seems most of us have some common ground.

 

All these years, you take the teams side on every issue, and now of all times, you’re riding with freaking Dwayne Haskins.  Sheesh.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dyst said:

If he did unfollow the team, Allen and Rivera, then that is just embarrassing on his part.


There is no if dude. It’s public. He’s not following them now and there are screenshots that he was following them 2 days ago. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

There is not one party who benefited from any of this. 

There are a couple posters who’s really run up their post counts on this topic.  
 

So maybe good for them?

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Yet people blame Ron Rivera. 

I blame Jay Gruden.

 

(Ok, that was a joke.)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

the immaturity was obvious when he was drafted, but I figured he would have gotten over it this offseason knowing they were looking at him to be QB1, working out with all those veteran WRs, etc. That's clearly not the case. He's got RG3's diva tendencies, but without any of the talent. I think a lot of that falls back on him thinking he's got Snyder backing him, so he feels entitled to act this way.

 

I don't see how he lasts in this league longer than 5 seasons max. Someone will take a chance on him elsewhere to be a backup - NYJ? Colts? Browns?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Goodbye Dwayne.  Enjoy your future XFL career.

 

The onlyt way Dwayne sees the field again as a Team QB is if Alex Smith suffers another injury.   We will ride Kyle until he's no longer useful and then go with Alex.  The long term QB will be drafted next year or signed in free agency.

 

Dwayne is just another Snyder mistake.   If Dwayne's benching really upsets one that much; there are 31 other teams one can follow.  You can follow Dwayne to his new team next year  and his probable XFL days, after he gets bounced from the NFL.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

the immaturity was obvious when he was drafted, but I figured he would have gotten over it this offseason knowing they were looking at him to be QB1, working out with all those veteran WRs, etc. That's clearly not the case. He's got RG3's diva tendencies, but without any of the talent. I think a lot of that falls back on him thinking he's got Snyder backing him, so he feels entitled to act this way.

 

I don't see how he lasts in this league longer than 5 seasons max. Someone will take a chance on him elsewhere to be a backup - NYJ? Colts? Browns?

 

What sucks for him is he's got no dual capability/heady situational awareness to help bide him time, like guys like Russell Wilson and Roethlisberger, etc had to help them keep the reins until their passing ability developed. He's a near immobile, immature child with bad work habits and bad instincts that need to be coached out of him, because he's not a self motivated guy. 

 

I'm not seeing how this is gonna work for him down the road tbh

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That report about boasting after a loss and not taking the loss to heart is SO not a good look.  Really disappointing how this is shaping up.  Unfollowing the team and coach is pathetic really.    I thought he'd progress from those final couple games. If it was a test from Ron of intestinal fortitude or character, if the reports are true, he has failed dramatically.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Make no mistake, the fact he was benched was due to his play and maturity. But the fact he was in this situation is not his fault... or Rivera’s. It’s Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder.

 

Rivera has to shoulder some of the blame with how this played out.  He mishandled the entire situation, when he didn't have to.  Switching QBs 4 weeks in (outside of injury/illness) means either you made the wrong choice, or you didn't assess your talent properly.  I'd tend to choose the latter, especially if he thinks this team can compete now.    

 

There were several ways he could've avoided this, but the idea that a seasoned coach can't manage a 23 year old to get production out of him, is perplexing to me.  I get it all of the criticisms we've heard, and I don't doubt they're true to a certain extent.  But I don't recall us asking Ron to only put the effort in, when the conditions are ideal. 

 

Finally, I don't know about you, but I want an adult in the room.  I can't discern how this was handled any better than the previous regime operated.   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.hogshaven.com/platform/amp/2020/10/9/21510192/what-haskinsd-viewing-gold-by-j-t-osullivan

 

 

Pretty good breakdown if you are up for it. Very valid points...

 

 

Ultimately, there is so much more wrong with the O that isn't named Haskins.

 

Yawn. Wake me up when its over... undoubtedly get the #2 or 3 best qb in the draft... that will of course bring the suck per usual.

 

Awesome

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KDawg said:


I’ll take it a step further.

 

People are saying the team needed patience with Haskins, and this is why we can’t develop a QB, but what about a coach? We get a good one in Rivera, who walked into this... yes, willingly, but it’s still a **** sandwich, and people expect the guy to turn a quarterback who has had his entire pro experience be a giant negative (both his own issues but mostly the shoddy organizational set up)...

 

And they’re pointing fingers at Rivera saying he’s the issue. It’s the wrong line of logic.

 

This organization, for 20+ years has been plagued by Snyder, Cerrato and Allen. Removing their warts is not a shortened offseason job. It takes a lot of time. You have to dig things out at the roots.

 

Unfortunately for the franchise, and Haskins, he was a part of the problem. Not even HIM meaning Dwayne Haskins the person. But Dwayne Haskins the first round project QB drafted to a coach who was fired but just didn’t have the official designation. 
 

He is a symptom, and again, not HIM. It has nothing to do with him. It has nothing to do with his play. It has nothing to do with his maturity. The fact is he is a symptom of the former regime. And he is a reminder of the damage done to the organization. 
 

and that’s unfortunate... because a 23 year old shouldn’t face that non sense. 
 

Make no mistake, the fact he was benched was due to his play and maturity. But the fact he was in this situation is not his fault... or Rivera’s. It’s Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder.

 

Their influence needs to be removed entirely and this franchise fumigated. No person or group of people should ever, ever, have to go through a situation like this one.

 

There is not one party who benefited from any of this. 
 

And it’s sad.

 

 

and if you woulda tp;d me a half game back rounding into november I'd woulda taken that...let's see Allen HTTR

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...