Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

5 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Mark Sanchez had a few good drives a skins QB as well.

He did? Other than that handoff to Peterson, I can't remember one drive where Sanchez led the team to a TD. 😆

Before the season, I said Haskins had four games to show us something. After the second game, I thought that four games was too quick... I still think it was too quick but whatever. lol

1 minute ago, CrypticVillain said:

He did? Other than that handoff to Peterson, I can't remember one drive where Sanchez led the team to a TD. 😆

Before the season, I said Haskins had four games to show us something. After the second game, I thought that four games was too quick... I still think it was too quick but whatever. lol

You guys are right. I meant to use Josh Johnson as the example. Lol

The point still stands.

1 minute ago, CrypticVillain said:

OMG! I blocked Sanchez from my memory and forgot he was ever here!

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You seem to think he didn’t direct his agent to put out that message. His agent is partner at Athlete’s First and pretty well known. No way that message went out against Haskins wishes. His agent would be violating his duty to his client as his attorney if it did. This was a passive aggressive way to get around posting it on his own social media which he was probably warned against after his Instagram post last week.

Mentioning no off-season, a new coach, new offense, our young OL and limited weapons on offense was hardly offensive, and was only necessary because Washington is clueless- constantly looking for a scapegoat while ignoring other glaring weaknesses. The way that tweet has been blown up shows how weak our team mindset and culture really is.

1 minute ago, Sellersfan said:

Feels like Shanny/RG3 lite....

Entirely speculating here, but if Haskins and his agent think they are going to do an end around on Rivera and how this team runs, you quickly end up the 3rd string QB. In the past Danny would fire the coach!

Technically he was 4th string today. Let’s see if they adjust the roster to reflect that at some point.

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You seem to think he didn’t direct his agent to put out that message. His agent is partner at Athlete’s First and pretty well known. No way that message went out against Haskins wishes. His agent would be violating his duty to his client as his attorney if it did. This was a passive aggressive way to get around posting it on his own social media which he was probably warned against after his Instagram post last week.

His agent is a grown man and can do things at his own accord. We do not know that Haskins had any involvement in this and I will not assume it just as I defend Haskins here, but not because he told me to, but because I like him and feel like a lot of the fans here are treating him unfairly. His agent may have seen similar things on a larger scale and decided to speak up. 

Just now, IrepDC said:

Mentioning no off-season, a new coach, new offense, our young OL and limited weapons on offense was hardly offensive, and was only necessary because Washington is clueless- constantly looking for a scapegoat while ignoring other glaring weaknesses. The way that tweet has been blown up shows how weak our team mindset and culture really is.

Agreed. So why are we blaming Rivera when Haskins was drafted to a lame duck regime? 

Blame the guy who should be blamed and let’s hope he isn’t involved anymore.

6 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

??? what

Sanchez had one good drive and that was a 1 play drive where Peterson took it 90 yards for a TD. After that he did NOTHING. Peterson didn't even get 100 yards that game. That's how bad we were. 

Haskins took us to a 7-0 lead that game then a 20-17 lead in the 4th. He was playing good enough for us to be competitive in the 4th before a crucial interception and then a sack fumble sealed it. 

Haskins should have had 5 interceptions that game.  It was truly an F performance.  Dude was missing wide open receivers (look at the first play of the 2nd half against Cleveland).  

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

His agent is a grown man and can do things at his own accord. 

Hes being paid a great deal of money by Haskins to represent him to football teams, including this one. He doesnt do stuff like that without his bosses permission. 

Just now, Llevron said:

Hes being paid a great deal of money by Haskins to represent him to football teams, including this one. He doesnt do stuff like that without his bosses permission. 

Yes he does because he may think its to the best. And that's the kind of thing that can cause Haskins to talk to him about it. 

12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think Haskins would have fared better in his NFL career, if scouts had rated him lower coming out of college, and was therefore picked lower.

Leading to a team to consider him more of a long-term project. And take their time to develop him.

He just wasn't ready to be an NFL starter when he came out. Or even close.

But I still believe he could turn into a starter, over time, and in the right situation. It probably won't be here, though.

Sounded like scouts had him rated lower, at least the WFT scouts did.  But Mr What Cheerleading Videos? and his stooge, Mr Damn Good Culture, had to have him at 15.   

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Agreed. So why are we blaming Rivera when Haskins was drafted to a lame duck regime? 

Blame the guy who should be blamed and let’s hope he isn’t involved anymore.

Rivera, who I have a lot of respect for, seemingly started moving "how we move" instead of doing things the stand up way. If Allen was their guy, just name him the starter from day 1. The way this happened has everyone confused. Rivera seems to be acontributer to the dysfunction instead of doing things differently.

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

Yes he does because he may think its to the best. And that's the kind of thing that can cause Haskins to talk to him about it. 

Dude you really think the guy would post that without at least running it by Haskins first? Who would hire him again after that if it went wrong? 

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

Rivera, who I have a lot of respect for, seemingly started moving "how we move" instead of doing things the stand up way. If Allen was their guy, just name him the starter from day 1. The way this happened has everyone confused. Rivera seems to be acontributer to the dysfunction instead of doing things differently.

I disagree. This move means he gave Haskins a shot and then moved how he moves.

Just now, Heisenberg said:

Mark Sanchez had a few good drives a skins QB as well. I'm talking about the whole game and as I remember it, several of those drives against the Browns were late when the Browns had gone into a softer defense.

1) Sanchez never had good drives while here. Adrian Peterson had one fantastic 90 yd TD run while Sanchez was behind center lol...but outside of that he had a 46 yd drive that resulted in a field goal. That's it. The rest of Sanchez' drives:

- 7 yds

- 3 yds

- 1 yd

- 1 yd (Interception)

0 yds

3 yds

3 yds

4 yds

7 yds

7 yds

8 yds

8 yds (Interception)

12 yds (Interception)

14 yds

15 yds

18 yds

16 drives, none of them more than 18 yards, and zero points.

2) The Skins were up 20-17 going into the 4th quarter. That lead was built up on drives of 47 yds (Haskins TD), 54 yds (TD), and 75 yds (Haskins TD).

Just now, Llevron said:

Dude you really think the guy would post that without at least running it by Haskins first? Who would hire him again after that if it went wrong? 

Its not like he wrote a letter and sent it through USPS notarized mail. He saw a tweet by Ian Rappaport and responded. So yes I think he did post it withoug asking permission

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

We’re comparing Haskins to Josh Allen again? Sweet Lord make it stop.

I watched Josh Allen his entire career. Talk to me about how Washington reacts to his bone headed plays, staring down receivers, forcing passes, deep ball inaccuracies, and other struggles to start his career? I was amazed watching how Buffalo had his back through those games. He is a bust here and the articles are all over the place his rookie year.

1 minute ago, IrepDC said:

Naming him a captain and giving him ALL 1st team reps doesn’t seem to jive with the recent developments. 

So either they were wrong then in not hedging their bets more, or they’re wrong and premature now. No one can be absolved in this mess

Just now, IrepDC said:

The dude sucked from the beginning. Had a crap attitude about being drafted in the first round at 15. Had no interest in what was happening during the games while he was backup on the sidelines. Played like a pile of garbage when he came in. Had Paterson call him out for not being prepared. Helped get his coach fired. Barely had some limited success then went to the stands to take selfies while a game was still being played. Helped us finish bad enough to get Chase Young (his greatest value and that alone worth the first). Decided to become a social media influencer in the off season. Played like the pile of garbage that came into the Giants game his first 4 weeks this year. Had his agent put out a passive aggressive statement tantamount to asking for a trade or release while trashing his teammates. Pouts like a baby on the practice field after having his starting job and pants taken from him. That’s the weak mindset.

Archived