Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

6 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I think there is a lot going on in the locker room we do not know about.  Like what if the captains went to Rivera and said players are frustrated and want some light at the end of the tunnel.

If that is the case, then it would explain a lot.  That said, we have no evidence that happened.

I hope one of our local writers interviews Kevin OConnell who coaches for the Rams now and who worked with Haskins last year.  He hit the road quickly fearing our owner would force Haskins to start every game this season.  Maybe he will say a few things about Haskins lack of development without completely throwing him under the bus?

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Are you purposely missing how divisive your agent taking a shot at the team can be? I just don’t get how you think that is careless. It’s not. 

No but I'm also not missing how this is not all Dwayne's fault. Other agents have done bad things and lived to play another game. Haskins should apologize for that tweet and maybe talk to or fire his agent but he shouldn't be benched for it. 

Worst  case scenario: Allen hasn't improved either and actually is a bit worse, and throws 2-3 INTs in his first start and again in his 2nd start. Rivera puts in Smith who almost instantly gets injured again behind questionable O-Line play--nothing nearly as serious as his broken leg, but enough to make the entire country want him to never see the field again. Now Rivera has to decide to:

a) Go back to Allen as starter even though he's playing worse than Haskins (which is absolutely possible) and chance creating drama about why he isn't benching Allen for his play

b) Go back to Haskins, possibly undermining his own point he seems to want to make by benching him to begin with

c) Go with Montez Sweat as QB lol...

Allen better tear **** up.

*note the use of "lol"...that's a tip, folks.

Just now, goskins10 said:

Quite a few of us were not really that high on Haskins. I would bet there is more to this than play. There has to be an attitude component. This seems really quick. And I can see Ron not having a lot of patience for someone slinging attitude. How to believe that agent tweet hurt pretty bad. 

It will be worse if Allen comes in and moves the team down the field, even if he makes some mistakes. We will see. 

The other thing I said after last year was Haskins had a higher ceiling than D. Jones but he also had a lower floor than D. Jones. Guess it was the later.. 🙂  

Yeah, imagine battling cancer and having to watch this dude, and his agent stink it up.

48 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Rivera blatantly contradicting himself should be a bigger concern losing the locker room. His recent speeches all sound like he's blowing hot air now. 

Yeah, he's full of ****.  Sometimes coaches have to lie to protect the people under them, but his lies have been absurd and contradictory, and he singled his QB out for the losses and publicly hinged his job on not making mistakes.  That is terrible coaching.  Straight up.

Just now, Califan007 said:

Worst  case scenario: Allen hasn't improved either and actually is a bit worse, and throws 2-3 INTs in his first start and again in his 2nd start. Rivera puts in Smith who almost instantly gets injured again behind questionable O-Line play--nothing nearly as serious as his broken leg, but enough to make the entire country want him to never see the field again. Now Rivera has to decide to:

a) Go back to Allen as starter even though he's playing worse than Haskins (which is absolutely possible) and chance creating drama about why he isn't benching Allen for his play

b) Go back to Haskins, possibly undermining his own point he seems to want to make by benching him to begin with

c) Go with Montez Sweat as QB lol...

Allen better tear **** up.

*note the use of "lol"...that's a tip, folks.

Gotta imagine they're bringing in another guy who will be the backup.

What I don't understand is, why not just start Alex at this point?

I mean, if the point is winning games, and we have a chance to turn things around in a ****ty division, why not go with the proven vet?

Rivera already knows what he has in Kyle, and it's nothing spectacular.

11 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

He was on par with other developing QBs, had zero turnovers in 3 out of 4 games, and played better last week, against one of the leagues top defenses, but okay.

When you play as bad as he did against Cleveland, it's hard not to play better the next week.

All signs point to Haskins never being a top notch quarterback.

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

No but I'm also not missing how this is not all Dwayne's fault. Other agents have done bad things and lived to play another game. Haskins should apologize for that tweet and maybe talk to or fire his agent but he shouldn't be benched for it. 

It’s not all his fault. And anyone who thinks that is way off base. This stuff falls on the guys who drafted him: Allen and Snyder. The situation was not ideal for HIM to develop. And it’s still not.

I find it comical that people are blaming Rivera for this. Snyder has yet another scapegoat 

Haskins hasn't been "average" all season except a few drives against the Eagles. His footwork is typically atrocious, he consistently overthrows open guys, and he makes poor decisions like taking 18 yard sacks in the red zone. Arm talent alone isn't enough to carry you in this league and he hasn't shown enough upside in the other components. Add in his attitude/arrogance since draft night and I can 100% believe the guy has had problems with attitude behind the scenes.

This is the second coach in a row telling us this guy isn't ready to get it done. This time it's a proven head coach that is universally respected across the league.

12 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I think there is a lot going on in the locker room we do not know about.  Like what if the captains went to Rivera and said players are frustrated and want some light at the end of the tunnel.

Its a good thing we don't know... if this all went down last year there would be many reports/leaks out.  I assume Ron is in control and things aren't getting out like in the past.

I think Haskins would have fared better in his NFL career, if scouts had rated him lower coming out of college, and was therefore picked lower.

Leading to a team to consider him more of a long-term project. And take their time to develop him.

He just wasn't ready to be an NFL starter when he came out. Or even close.

But I still believe he could turn into a starter, over time, and in the right situation. It probably won't be here, though.

4 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

When you play as bad as he did against Cleveland, it's hard not to play better the next week.

All signs point to Haskins never being a top notch quarterback.

That's literally not the truth, but it is the narrative we will run with in Washington. I'm over it. We will have Allen's back for a few weeks, and then he'll be the next scapegoat. Rinse and repeat for 20+ years.

Just now, KDawg said:

It’s not all his fault. And anyone who thinks that is way off base. This stuff falls on the guys who drafted him: Allen and Snyder. The situation was not ideal for HIM to develop. And it’s still not.

I find it comical that people are blaming Rivera for this. Snyder has yet another scapegoat 

Rivera is the one who started him. 

Rivera is the one who defended him

Rivera is the one who gave the test

Rivera is the one who is benching him. 

Snyder drafted him but so what, thats two years ago. That's like the arguments we had in the 90s as to whether Heath was Norv's guy or Charley's guy. Eventually he was Norv's player so Norv had to either develop him or let him go, and the way Norv did Heath was way better than the way Rivera did Haskins because we didn't find out about Heath's playcalling problems until a decade later with Brian Mitchell telling stories. 

Rivera is the one who's making this a Haskins issue and putting it on him so I'm upset with the way Rivera handled this.

I didn't want him as a draft pick but I wasn't anti him. I just know how hard it is to develop a QB and once again we're showing we are not able to do it here. But I still hope that we can strike lightning in a bottle with somebody. 

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

Rivera is the one who started him. 

Rivera is the one who defended him

Rivera is the one who gave the test

Rivera is the one who is benching him. 

Snyder drafted him but so what, thats two years ago. That's like the arguments we had in the 90s as to whether Heath was Norv's guy or Charley's guy. Eventually he was Norv's player so Norv had to either develop him or let him go, and the way Norv did Heath was way better than the way Rivera did Haskins because we didn't find out about Heath's playcalling problems until a decade later with Brian Mitchell telling stories. 

Rivera is the one who's making this a Haskins issue and putting it on him so I'm upset with the way Rivera handled this.

I didn't want him as a draft pick but I wasn't anti him. I just know how hard it is to develop a QB and once again we're showing we are not able to do it here. But I still hope that we can strike lightning in a bottle with somebody. 

You’re missing my point. Haskins shouldn’t even be in this organization. They drafted him to a lame duck regime. That is dooming for a developmental guy who is being looked at as a franchise quarterback. 

The Rivera stuff you listed was Rivera giving the guy a chance. 

And you continue to ignore Haskins own issues in how he dealt with things. 

But let’s let Snyder and Allen off the hook. If I recall you were always an Allen defender.

Just now, Califan007 said:

He had some really good drives against the Browns. More impressive than the drives against the Eagles.

Let's stop acting like his performance against the Browns was a never-ending **** show...

Mark Sanchez had a few good drives a skins QB as well. I'm talking about the whole game and as I remember it, several of those drives against the Browns were late when the Browns had gone into a softer defense.

The guy has a strong arm and can make some nice throws (especially the slant and seam routes) but there is a lot more he needs to improve on to make it in the league.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think Haskins would have fared better in his NFL career, if scouts had rated him lower coming out of college, and was therefore picked lower.

Its hard for him to have the year he had and either (1) go back to college or (2) not have scouts go gaga over you. The grades of NFL GMs are sketchy, especially because sometimes there are teams like KC (with Mahomes) who don't need a QB but see a once in a lifetime talent and take him. Same with Baltimore with Jackson. Some scouts were saying that Haskins was a better talent than Murray, some were saying that he was the top of the three (Lock, Haskins, Jones) and some were not high on him.

But you're picked where you're picked. It would have been better if Haskins was picked by a more stable organization who can develop QBs without shooting themselves in the foot. 

9 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

You seem to think he didn’t direct his agent to put out that message. His agent is partner at Athlete’s First and pretty well known. No way that message went out against Haskins wishes. His agent would be violating his duty to his client as his attorney if it did. This was a passive aggressive way to get around posting it on his own social media which he was probably warned against after his Instagram post last week.

Those of you going after Ron are really not making any sense at all. 

Haskins is Dan's mess that Ron is cleaning up. He said he would give him a chance. He did. Also, you are skipping over the very real possibility that there had to be some attitude problems behind the scenes.  

May want to hold off throwing Ron under a bus until you get all the facts.  Or not... LOL  Just making yourself crazy for no reason. 

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

Mark Sanchez had a few good drives a skins QB as well. I'm talking about the whole game and as I remember it, several of those drives against the Browns were late when the Browns had gone into a softer defense.

The guy has a strong arm and can make some nice throws (especially the slant and seam routes) but there is a lot more he needs to improve on to make it in the league.

??? what

Sanchez had one good drive and that was a 1 play drive where Peterson took it 90 yards for a TD. After that he did NOTHING. Peterson didn't even get 100 yards that game. That's how bad we were. 

Haskins took us to a 7-0 lead that game then a 20-17 lead in the 4th. He was playing good enough for us to be competitive in the 4th before a crucial interception and then a sack fumble sealed it. 

Archived