Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

13 hours ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Pretty much what I see on the field. The worst passer in the NFL. And it rarely gets better. 

The start of Dwayne Haskins’s NFL career puts him in the company of some all-time busts

Just look at the numbers. In four games this season, Haskins has thrown for 939 yards, four touchdowns and three interceptions, producing an 80.3 passer rating, the fifth-lowest among 33 qualified quarterbacks. His completion rate is 61 percent, considerably lower than the league average (67 percent).

Haskins is a league-average passer on throws within 15 yards of the line of scrimmage, but once he ventures past that, his accuracy suffers. He’s 5 for 23 (22 percent) on throws traveling 15 or more yards in the air, this in a league that averages 48 percent completions on such attempts. Perhaps that’s why Haskins, on average, is throwing the ball more than two yards short of the first-down marker this season, according to the NFL’s Next Gen Stats; that’s one of the lowest marks in the league, and it makes it difficult for Washington to move the ball down the field or sustain drives. (On an average second-and-eight snap, Haskins is throwing the ball just six yards in the air, hoping his receiver will do the rest of the work.)

According to ESPN’s Total Quarterback Rating, Haskins has been the least-valuable passer of 2020. When Haskins drops back, Washington is scoring almost five points per game fewer than expected after taking into account the down, distance and field position of each passing play, per data from TruMedia. By that metric, only Jeff Driskel, Sam Darnold and Carson Wentz have been worse this season.

To put Haskins’s futility in a broader context, here are the passers selected in the first round since 2002 who have produced similar expected-per-game output (within one point) on passing plays over their first 11 NFL starts: Brady Quinn, Kyle Boller, EJ Manuel, JaMarcus Russell, Matthew Stafford, J.P. Losman and David Carr.

If such esoteric stats as Total Quarterback Rating and Expected Points Added aren’t your thing, consider a subjective take such as the Pro Football Focus player grades, which are based on a player’s “contribution to production” on each play. In other words, if a quarterback delivers a perfect pass to a wideout but the receiver drops it, that’s still considered a positive event for the passer. Using this grading method, PFF’s game charters rank Haskins as the NFL’s worst passer through the first four weeks of this season, even including his Week 4 performance, which was the fourth-highest rated game of the week among quarterbacks.

I was going to post the same article. The numbers don't even count all the other problems. The needless sack that was shown in the article, the senseless dump off on 4th and goal.  

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This regime really ****ed the dog with Haskins.  This situation was a test for franchise, to see if we've turned the corner at all, and they failed it.  It's ugly and I'm pretty disappointed to see the same dysfunction play out as the previous two regimes.

Haskins has nobody to blame but himself here. He hasn't been good enough. Hasn't shown any signs of improvement. I know you had high hopes for him coming out of college but honestly the flaws were clear to see then and he's fixed none of them over two years. How long do you persist with him? 

All I can say is, going back to the Smith narrative, is that this happened over and over again with him and he just kept his cool and was ready to perform when called upon and when the guy next to him **** the bed he came back calm and cool and delivered. I'm not expecting or wanting Allen to play poorly but Haskins has to be prepared for his next opportunity. 

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

It doesn't matter if he's CONSISTENT and can lead drives in that manner that actually SCORE. 

Many of the QBs you mentioned CAN and DO. 

But Haskins is so inconsistent that every 3rd to 4th play, takes an awful sack because his pocket presence is horrid.  So we then end up in 3rd and long and he's rarely capable of converting, so we 3 and out and punt again. 

We've seen it for 10 starts now. It is who the guy is.  Can we move ON already.  Pleeeeaaasse, Ron. 

Hail. 

15 minutes after this post, and the news breaks. 

I'm taking credit for this, y'all. 

14 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

How about offensive linemen? **** Sandwich for Sewell?

The common thread to both QBs? Snyder was the driving force behind both. We did develop Cousins though, when Gruden put his foot down.

Ya know what, call me cynical, but ask the Vikings how they like Cousins right now.

What's the threshold for development? Busting on a major contract after earning one?

When is last time we drafted a QB who ended up being top 10 in league? Sammy Baugh?

We haven't done it this century, we never a superbowl doing that? Should we jus give up and try to sign ARod when he's avaliable?

Drafting oline with first pick sounds like a damn good idea instead destroying the next one.

I'm not convinced this is end of Haskins, but we need a break from new toy QBs, we flat out can't do it, 88 years thats jus not who we are.

I can't wait to listen to the callers on the Brian Mitchell show. Every one seems to back the belief that Dwayne got a raw deal, that he is deserving of more time to show that he is a crappy NFL QB. These are the same callers who said the same about RGIII despite overwhelming evidence.  It will be must hear radio.

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

This is a young team and they're making young team mistakes. For Rivera to put this on Haskins's shoulders as if he's to blame is complete and utter BS. 

Yeah, it was BS.  He dropped the ball.  There is no way around it, he mishandled the development of the kid.  Singling him out was a pretty drastic and basic mistake.

I'm frustrated and already questioning whether this **** is going to work out.  We're going to try and do things our own way once again, but every time we do this, I come back to the conclusion that our only chance is to use the old formula of 1.) Hire GM, 2.) GM hires coaching staff whom he is then married to, 3.) FO and staff draft QB, whom they are all then married to.  Apparently that is the only way to keep the coaches from abandoning course midstream and sabotaging their QB.

I mean, I wasnt a fan of hiring Ron in the first place, but hes clearly coaching to have a better team in the future over a couple extra wins this year and thats the absolutely right approach.  Those of you that take issue that he isnt trying to be 6-10 this year instead of 4-12 I dont get.  He clearly had a conversation with ownership in the offseason, they acknowledged this year was a growth year and, and instead to build towards next year.  Hes not playing to take that remaining 7% chance to win an almost unwinable game, and throw it all in for a "what if".  Hes evaluating who he has, building the team, now moving on to see if Allen has what it takes and if Haskins can grow up.

Regardless of what anyone wants to say about Haskins, watching him miss a RB 4 yards away and wide open, and miss by a large margin, I think says all you need to know about how good he is.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

I'm starting to think they saw the upcoming 6 game stretch of NYG, DAL, NYG, DET, CIN, DAL, and looked at the division and thought "if we're gonna have a shot, it's gotta be right now." 

Thats Th e smart move. And if I recall correctly Allen is Scott’s boy. Always had faith in him. This is as perfect as a time as any to prove yourself right. 

The real question Is, do we start a new thread about our new starter or just rename this one???

A Manusky coached defense held Turner's offense that featured DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, CMC & Greg Olsen and was led by Kyle Allen to 21 points. If he couldn't deliver against us bums what can we expect here going forward?

I guess it's Trey Lance szn...

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

All I can say is, going back to the Smith narrative, is that this happened over and over again with him and he just kept his cool and was ready to perform when called upon and when the guy next to him **** the bed he came back calm and cool and delivered. I'm not expecting or wanting Allen to play poorly but Haskins has to be prepared for his next opportunity. 

With all due respect, comparing the two is an insult to Alex Smith at the moment. Recent history for Alex, plus a renowned reputation for mental toughness and being fiercely competitive....well you can’t realistically bracket Haskins with him at this juncture can you.

Shanny was on Sheehan this morning and he said when you see a coach make statements like Ron has about Haskins this early that typically means he's not doing the little things and its stuff we would never see or hear about.

I eluded to this as being a possibility yesterday. Shanny has nothing but good things to say about Ron.

I think this also puts to bed who is actually in charge of this football team.

14 minutes ago, superozman said:

Wow.  Extremely disappointed in this move.  So disappointed.  To the point something better  have happened behind the scenes or I'm extremely frustrated with Ron. 

But was he developing? He was the worst QB in the league. He left A LOT on the field Sunday--missed a lot of opportunities. 

Thank god! Haskins is a loser - it was clear he thought he had a good game on Sunday. Probably where the disconnect happened. Hopefully he is done here. I wonder what his resale value is. Maybe some team out there sees how poorly he was handled here from the start and gives us a 3rd.

**** Snyder. Another ****up by that idiot weasel

Archived