Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Ron Rivera is pretty open with his thoughts. From day one, he’s basically told us that he’s not sold on Dwayne. Waited until the last minute to announce he was the starter and even told us that had there been a preseason, both he and Allen would have started games. His job isn’t to develop Dwayne. Ron is basically in charge so his job is to put a team together that can develop into a consistent winner. Dwayne is probably no different in Ron’s eyes than Troy Apke or Steven Sims. You have to earn the right to be here when things do turn around 

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Now Rivera is absurd because he likes the play calling? I don’t know, man. I think you’re too close to this. 

Agreed. Outside of some scheme design (receivers close to one another), Scott’s been great. Doing what he can with one of the worst offensive units in the NFL and putting points up (vs say Callahan last year)

31 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I agree with most of your post but I think you’re missing the most important point. You don’t draft a first round QB when you have a lame duck head coach. If you plan to select a QB then fire the coach at the beginning of the off season and let the new regime be on board. A new head coach is going to want to make his own decisions particularly when it comes to QB which probably has the biggest impact as to whether or not the coach keeps his job beyond 3 years. Regardless of circumstances the new coach at a minimum is thinking this QB played a role in getting his last head coach fired and being forced to be tied to a QB not of his choosing is a bad way to start off. 

I've made the same point before.  But I don't think Jay's status is as relevant to the debate being argued this morning by some which is why aren't they now going fully behind building the team around Haskins.  On that front, Kyle Smith's take on Haskins would be more relevant. 

Current PFF after yesterday.  Antonio Gibson is at 76.8. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 12.47.22 PM.png

8 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

The receivers have barely even made it to the end zone when he throws it. It's clear he is playing this safe and not even giving the play a chance.

The one quality he did have previously was athletic arrogance. Seems like a light went on and he realized he is a fraud. Maybe it was the talk with Ron about having to play better. That play is what a timid QB who knows he isn’t good enough to play at this level does.

Then follows it up with his agent putting out a statement throwing his coach and teammates under the bus. It’s already beyond the point of no return. The situation is not salvageable and he wants out. Let’s give him what he wants and move on. Ron has consistently said he wants guys who want to be here. That play spoke more to the fact that Haskins wants out than any passive aggressive Instagram post or nonsense his agent tweets.

He wasnt even under any pressure on that play. Damn that was disappointing. I mean I would have given us a better chance on that play. I know people say that alot. But I would have atleast basketball lobbed that **** to the back of the endzone.  

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Now Rivera is absurd because he likes the play calling? I don’t know, man. I think you’re too close to this. 

No, Finlay is absurd for thinking the playcalling and gameplan were fine.  Rivera's job is to back up his players and staff when he's talking to the media.

16 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Delete...

Alright, let me test this out. Appreciate the help.

The receivers have barely even made it to the end zone when he throws it. It's clear he is playing this safe and not even giving the play a chance.

This should really put to rest the idea that the fault is with the play design. As you can clearly see Dwayne looked off his receivers and went to the check down just the receivers were hitting the goal line, long before they actually ran their play.  Put that with the coach saying Haskins was told the throw had to be into the end zone and there's only one place to point the finger.  

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've made the same point before.  But I don't think Jay's status is as relevant to the debate being argued this morning by some which is why aren't they now going fully behind building the team around Haskins.  On that front, Kyle Smith's take on Haskins would be more relevant. 

Current PFF after yesterday.  Antonio Gibson is at 76.8. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 12.47.22 PM.png

It's tough seeing that because it just validates what you're seeing on the field. The worst player on the field is Haskins. It would be interesting if PFF had team rankings of skilled position players. I'd imagine our skilled position group is not nearly as bad as people and Haskins agent are trying to make them out to be. This is of course if you add Gibson at back. But I could be completely wrong and we are dead last, but it would be interesting. 

1 minute ago, httr2020dynasty said:

It's tough seeing that because it just validates what you're seeing on the field. The worst player on the field is Haskins. It would be interesting if PFF had team rankings of skilled position players. I'd imagine our skilled position group is not nearly as bad as people and Haskins agent are trying to make them out to be. This is of course if you add Gibson at back. 

Minshew, without a doubt, has less to work with in Jacksonville. 

46 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Alright, let me test this out. Appreciate the help.

Can you tell me what patterns Logan Thomas and the two deep receivers ran on this play?  Can you tell me what kind of coverage the defense used?  Can you tell me when the ball was supposed to come out in the design of the play?

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Can you tell me what patterns Logan Thomas and the two deep receivers ran on this play?  Can you tell me what kind of coverage the defense used?  Can you tell me when the ball was supposed to come out in the design of the play?

Yes when it’s 4th and goal don’t throw it to the 9 yard line. Not a difficult concept dude. It was a horrid decision. This isn’t the hill worth dying on. Defend the 18 yard sack maybe. This one is cut and dry.

35 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This should really put to rest the idea that the fault is with the play design. As you can clearly see Dwayne looked off his receivers and went to the check down just the receivers were hitting the goal line, long before they actually ran their play.  Put that with the coach saying Haskins was told the throw had to be into the end zone and there's only one place to point the finger.  

Not if you've spent a minute thinking about the situation and the playcall.  I asked these questions earlier, I'd like to see if anyone has an honest answer for them:

3 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Why have such a tight grouping on the boundary side?  Why is Logan Thomas the only guy on the field side until McKissick releases to the flat?  Why are we calling a six man protection in that situation in the first place?  Why is McKissick on the field instead of Gibson?  Why are there only two levels in the design?  Why are there only three verts on a play that Haskins has to make a throw deep to convert?  If we're truly scheming to fit the personnel, and we know Terry is our only playmaker, then why isn't he the one in space instead of Logan Thomas?

People thinking that was a good playcall is shocking to me.  Some of you guys need to watch other teams play more.

8 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I have no clue why you're arguing this when there's video evidence that everyone can see that proves two things... 

#1 He makes the decision to throw the out before the routes could even develop in the end zone

#2 It's a 3 man rush and he has time to extend the play if the initial routes weren't open

It's not like it's a high probability play but believe it or not good quarterbacks extend plays when they aren't initially open. There is nothing good about that play that Haskins did. Just chalk that one up to the "bad play" column. You argue like everything Haskins does is good and it's everyone elses fault that he can't step up in the pocket and extend a play to make a play. Ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, httr2020dynasty said:

I have no clue why you're arguing this when there's video evidence that everyone can see that proves two things... 

#1 He makes the decision to throw the out before the routes could even develop in the end zone

#2 It's a 3 man rush and he has time to extend the play if the initial routes weren't open

It's not like it's a high probability play but believe it or not good quarterbacks extend plays when they aren't initially open. There is nothing good about that play that Haskins did. Just chalk that one up to the "bad play" column. You argue like everything Haskins does is good and it's everyone elses fault that he can't step up in the pocket and extend a play to make a play. Ridiculous. 

The infallible cult leader does not make mistakes. Your lack of belief is disturbing. When critics tell you to believe your eyes you must believe in the cult leader even more. Simply close your eyes. When the cult leader throws it to the 9 on 4th and goal it’s obviously the fault of the coaches other players and field crew who trimmed the grass 

There is no “bad play column”. There are only “perfect play” and “extra perfect play” columns. 

To think people were arguing 2 days ago  that there are no Haskins fanboys! 

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

i get you’re an optimist. i remember the old NBA threads where you treated the Wizards like they have title potential. That’s cool cuz that’s your team. But your argument about this is 100% naive and tone deaf 

Naive and tone deaf?  What on Earth are you talking about?  You think I'm the optimist here?  The only one in the thread who seems to recognize that ****ing up the development of yet another QB prospect is not an endorsement for the ability of the franchise to develop a quarterback prospect.

1 hour ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Either that or I swear it looks like he forgot it was 4th down....🤯

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Naive and tone deaf?  What on Earth are you talking about?  You think I'm the optimist here?  The only one in the thread who seems to recognize that ****ing up the development of yet another QB prospect is not an endorsement for the ability of the franchise to develop a quarterback prospect.

The QB can’t be developed if he is LITERALLY a symptom of the organizational problem. What are you missing about that? 

You get in here and grasp at straws every week. We all know the guy is not what Ron wants. You’re tapdancing around the fact that Dwayne wasn’t screwed the moment Dan stood on the table and overdrafted him. You keep saying the fans are impatient when the selection of Dwayne Haskins was inpatient and destined to fail the minute he was drafted. 

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This pick was messed up when it was made with a lame duck coach. After demonstrating he’s not fitting what is needed, there is a sunk cost element to breaking away from Allen/Gruden.

Archived