Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

22 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

I'm dead serious, how do you already know Allen is a backup when he's performed better than Haskins. Shouldn't that mean you already know Haskins is a backup also?

Haskins is not good enough to be a backup. Look how he acted in the sidelines last year when he wasn’t starting and the way he refuses to take criticism or responsibility  for his play this year. He might end up on some practice squad or two and will vanish into obscurity in no time. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Well people keep saying that ridiculous statement. It's like what are they watching to come to that conclusion? Defies logic.

The Washington Football Team.

12 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

Why?  If we have competent QB play, its very likely that we win the game on Sunday and go up 2 games in the Division.  Its also possible that we win the cardinals game as well.  Dwayne as played horrible through 3 games and its undeniable that if we had some sustained offence and better drives resulting in better field position then we put more pressure on teams.  I see a lot of good things happening on both sides of the ball but what I have seen from Haskins has been putrid. 

Because our offense still stinks. I use Gardner Minshew as a normal sophomore QB example. If you put him on this team, they might win Sunday but they’d still be crushed by AZ and would still be a bad to middling offense. Our defense is good but it’s not top 5 good where it’s gonna win a bunch of games just by showing up. Our safety play is the worst thing in the team. Corners aren’t all that. Linebackers are hit or miss. They can dominate a shaky Iggles team but they’re going to get worked by great/good offenses because it’s really hard to be great week to week in the modern NFL as a defense. With competent QB play, I think you get at most 7 wins. Idc what anyone says, that isn’t enough to win the division. Dallas might not be a SB team but they’re probably going to win 10 off the back of their offense. I’m also not convinced Philly is as bad as they’re playing. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

It’s the same idea for Haskins. If Haskins continues his current trend those clamoring for Allen will most likely get the opportunity to see him play. I can see him providing a spark, he really is nifty in the pocket and can make plays with his legs. 

I am one who was excited by the game last week and look forward to how Haskins responds after being given a great deal responsibility in the outcome last week’s game. I fear the staff will put on the kid gloves again and we get 187 throwing yards with 1td in a 30-20 loss.

Rather go with the game plan asking Haskins to put 40 on the Ravens. Not at likely to happen, but go for it. Providing the opportunity to really evaluate Haskins and his ceiling. No middling stuff. 

I'll be honest, despite him being mostly responsible for the team losing with his turnovers, it was the first time this year I saw a glimpse of someone who could be a good qb in this offense. He has a cannon for an arm and when he's accurate it looks very nice. I just don't see Ron as someone who will tolerate being the worst at something. He'll tolerate mediocre this year, but not being the absolute worst. He'll switch things up sooner rather than later. But good news for Haskins, the bar is set so low for him, if he just doesn't turn the ball over multiple times and sustains some drives against Baltimore he'll continue playing. But if he continues only completing 56% of his passes, misses on open throws downfield, can't sustain drives, or turns the ball over, he'll get the hook. I'm just not emotionally invested in Haskins, I'm more invested in Ron and the new regime.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Because our offense still stinks. I use Gardner Minshew as a normal sophomore QB example. If you put him on this team, they might win Sunday but they’d still be crushed by AZ and would still be a bad to middling offense. Our defense is good but it’s not top 5 good where it’s gonna win a bunch of games just by showing up. Our safety play is the worst thing in the team. Corners aren’t all that. Linebackers are hit or miss. They can dominate a shaky Iggles team but they’re going to get worked by great/good offenses because it’s really hard to be great week to week in the modern NFL as a defense

There are 3 other teams that look like garbage in the division.  To assume that we cant win because of the "gardner minshew" effect is a bit short sighted don't you think?  To think that the defense cant get better is also a little short sighted as well.  If we get solid QB play this defense will keep us in enough games to make the playoffs,especially in a down year for the NFC east. 

If Dallas loses to Cleveland or Arizona I'm all in on competing for the East this year. Their defense is trash. While I admit our chances for the playoffs are slim... I wouldn't mind some meaningful games in December with this defense. And by all in I mean with the current roster (qbs included). I don't mean to trade picks and young talent for high dollar temporary veterans. 

12 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

So once Haskins is cut, does number 7 go back on the unofficial not to be issued list or did Theismann give up that unofficial honor once he let DH use it? 

It's weird but the foreshadowing of Haskins being in the stands while supposed to being on the field for the final play seems to me like it's going to be how he is remembered in the NFL. For RR to say that he has a point where he will pull DH and then to give the reason why is very, very telling to me. It tells me he doesn't think DH has the ability to get it done and that he's publicly asking his players to hang in there and keep playing hard. I will go out on a limb and predict that DH doesn't make it through the Ravens game and that Allen is in before halftime. Both Miami and Arizona moved on from Josh Rosen pretty quickly and I suspect we'll be doing the same with Dwayne if he doesn't figure it out soon. I HOPE I AM WRONG but after years of losing we don't have time to watch him continue to struggle. Like RR says, the locker room deserves more. 

As for the #7, put it back in the vault for Joe to keep....If DH doesn't step up.

• Like 1

Whats really understated is that yes haskind hasn't been that great but we also have a new and fresh OC who DOESNT have a proven system. And I'm trying to rationalize how we give the oc grace but not haskins here. Is this system even tailored to fit haskins?!

5 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Whats really understated is that yes haskind hasn't been that great but we also have a new and fresh OC who DOESNT have a proven system. And I'm trying to rationalize how we give the oc grace but not haskins here. Is this system even tailored to fit haskins?!

If the OC is scheming guys wide open and Haskins can't hit it, than its on Haskins and not the OC.  I thought Scott Turner called an outstanding game against Cleveland.  He had people running wide open.  Haskins couldn't hit them despite looking at it on the field.  Seriously listen to the Cooley film breakdown I posted.  He generously gave him a D when he said it was an F performance.  

8 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

It’s a high school offense at this point which is apparently too complicated for Haskins not to stare down his receivers in. There is no offense that is tailored to fit him. He’s done dude. 

15 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

It’s a high school offense at this point which is apparently too complicated for Haskins not to stare down his receivers in. There is no offense that is tailored to fit him. He’s done dude. 

I mean, a good amount of what the NFL is running today is from the high school ranks from 10-15 years ago. 

Edited by wit33

Consider me in the camp that has seen enough. I'd love to be wrong, but I have a hard time believing that Kyle Allen can't operate his offense better RIGHT NOW. Could care less who has the higher ceiling. Let him develop on the bench, a la Mahomes rookie year. But you play to WIN THE GAMES. 

Kyle Allen 2020 = Todd Collins 2007, perhaps? 

Hail. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Haskins is not good enough to be a backup. Look how he acted in the sidelines last year when he wasn’t starting and the way he refuses to take criticism or responsibility  for his play this year. He might end up on some practice squad or two and will vanish into obscurity in no time. 

SoCal i remember me and you arguing about JC.  Is he worse then him?  I see nothing from Haskins right now to give him more than a few more games. 

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Question to those who believe you can win big with a middle of the road QB.  Is it really out of the question that Kyle Allen can reach that level seeing as he had some pretty good games already and in a few games will have the same experience as Dwayne?  

You can, unquestionably, win with a below average qb. 

13 minutes ago, volsmet said:

You can, unquestionably, win with a below average qb. 

I'm not really going down this road again, I've already made my argument there. I guess this is more a question for the people who feel like you do who have dismissed Kyle Allen which I'm not so sure you have but I could be wrong

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm not really going down this road again, I've already made my argument there. I guess this is more a question for the people who feel like you do who have dismissed Kyle Allen which I'm not so sure you have but I could be wrong

I don’t dismiss Kyle, I love cheap QBs who have played well enough to win on terrible rosters. 

Haskins needs to sit behind someone...not ready for prime time

but Duane is getting crushed compared to the crap Daniel Jones put out.

I smell something foul and familiar, not gonna call it, but....I’m smelling it.

“Three games into his second season, all of a sudden Daniel Jones is garbage and the Giants need to be in the 2021 draft market for a replacement? Where is this coming from? He is a developing player coming off a promising rookie year and thus far the Giants have given him a tattered umbrella and told him to weather a monsoon.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/09/29/giants-ruining-daniel-jones-in-way-young-eli-manning-never-experienced/amp/

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ClaytoAli said:

Haskins needs to sit behind someone...not ready for prime time

but Duane is getting crushed compared to the crap Daniel Jones put out.

I smell something foul and familiar, not gonna call it, but....I’m smelling it.

“Three games into his second season, all of a sudden Daniel Jones is garbage and the Giants need to be in the 2021 draft market for a replacement? Where is this coming from? He is a developing player coming off a promising rookie year and thus far the Giants have given him a tattered umbrella and told him to weather a monsoon.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/09/29/giants-ruining-daniel-jones-in-way-young-eli-manning-never-experienced/amp/

Darnold, Rosen, Baker, Haskins, Jones, Lock all stink. I’ll take all of them. I probably like Baker the least of the group.

Allen and Jackson are the top two, both getting through passing struggles with their ability to run and their GMs ability to put together complete teams around them. I just watched the Ravens compete with the SB champs while Jackson was the worst player on the field. 

24 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

SoCal i remember me and you arguing about JC.  Is he worse then him?  I see nothing from Haskins right now to give him more than a few more games. 

JC knew he was a fraud and did everything he could to disguise it to prolong his career. DH genuinely thinks he’s the man and he’s already arrived. DH is not throwing it underneath on 3rd and long and padding trash time stats. So even though I think he’s a better player than JC, his career will be much shorter in my opinion.

His inability to take criticism is his undoing. Dude is too about himself. Even Brady took hard coaching last year from Bellichick. I don’t think denying he stared down his receivers sat well with Ron. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Ron is the front office, what the hell does that tweet mean?

It means the tweeter wants to insinuate Snyder is unhappy. But honestly, if Snyder is unhappy about the QB play, he has nobody to blame but himself. 

Kyle Smith is not going to let that information get out, regardless of how he might feel.

My guess is that the tweet is a bogus fishing expedition for clicks.

The tin-foil hat theory is Dwayne is in Dan's ear about how he's not able to run what he wants to run, a la Griffin, and Dan is going to interfere on his behalf. 

The big difference between this situation and the Griffin situation is Griffin could actually run stuff effectively and didn't want to.  Haskins hasn't shown the ability to run anything.  So I'm not entirely sure what he would want.  

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Ok...why? So we can win 6 games or so? Maybe get into the playoffs and pick 15-20 and miss out on Sewell, or any chance at a long term solution at QB?

I think with Cam this team could win between 8-10 games.  My biggest reservation for signing him in the off-season is he's been hurt for 2 years, and we didn't need another hurt QB.  But apparently he's healthy now.  

The other issue is nobody, not Ron, not us, nobody, knew what Haskins could do after what he did last year.  And Ron wanted to see what he had, and bringing in Cam would stunt that.  Haskins needed every meaningful rep in practice, he needed to be named the starter, and he needed to be backed.  

He got all of those things.  And so far the results are poor. 

So, we'll see what happens.  If he doesn't improve, he's going to get gone quickly.  But you can't make any judgement of any player after what amounts to 11 starts, let alone a QB who's had to learn 2 systems in 2 years, and for whatever reason was essentially ignored for the first season.  

I will say that personally I have doubts he can ever be really good, and I wasn't for the pick in the first place.  But the organization made the pick, for better or worse, so you've got to give it at least a year of starts to figure out what you've got and where to go from there.

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Really? It's only the 437th time he's asked that question...

I think Cam would have been a short-term gain, long-term compromise moves. Maybe if we were actually close to actually competing in the playoffs, sure. We're not. We have a good d-line, decent corners, and one receiver. That's about it.

Cam would fit this team like a glove.  He can generate offense on his own, he forces defenses to play "straight-up" and not stack the box, and also not play soft coverage.  He is a force multiplier.  When healthy. 

He also is a winy **** who's personality I don't care for and I've enjoyed rooting against for the past 8 years, so in some regards, I'm happy he's not here.  :P 

But with this defense, and what they have on offense, he would have been a GREAT fit.

That said, as I said above, it basically shelves Haskins, because he's not going to learn anything by sitting on the sidelines.  So, if you signed Cam, you might as well trade Haskins.  And I'm not sure anybody was ready to do that at the beginning of the off-season.  

• Like 2