Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Just now, heyholetsgogrant said:

Too the league is really bad this year, so many teams at 0-3,0-2, and 1-2 teams we could have had a shot at the first pick.

Some of those teams will start winning some games. The Falcons aren't really that bad and really should be 2-1 for example. The Bengals will win some games as Burrow gains experience. The Broncos just need to get healthy.

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

I'm in for D'Eriq King.

Raw as a passer, but dual threat is the way the league is going. Actually has shake too. Maybe could be a project QB picked up in the mid to late rounds.

I’m a Canes fan. I like King. Trey Lance is the amplified version of King. Only question is the talent he’s playing against. Gotta get some full games to watch this year to get a good determination on him. 

But he is a dual threat dude all the way.

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

Cousins got benched for throwing more INTS faster than tickets spit out of the wack-a-mole at Chuck E. Cheese 

Yes, he threw a lot of picks. But it wasn't because of inaccuracy. He was just a very aggressive passer and was also thrown into situations where he had to throw the ball a ton and threw into coverage.

I never looked at Cousins and thought "man his footwork is bad" or "how is he missing these wide open receivers?" Once he had a coach that believed in him in Gruden and some decent skill talent around him he started thriving.

I just think comparing Haskins to Cousins is apples to oranges. I was a lot more optimistic with Cousins than I am now with Haskins.

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m a Canes fan. I like King. Trey Lance is the amplified version of King. Only question is the talent he’s playing against. Gotta get some full games to watch this year to get a good determination on him. 

But he is a dual threat dude all the way.

Lance is enticing, but as you said the talent he's playing against raises some questions. Definitely a better "QB" than King, but he doesn't have the same athleticism that stresses a front 7 like Murray/Jackson.

May be opposite world that we're living in now, but athletic QB's are the prize. Lamar wasn't/isn't Peyton Manning, esp. as a rookie, but his elusiveness bought time and made plays where statue QB's couldn't.

Give me a D'Eriq King and tailor an offense to his strengths.

If anyone else thinks mobile QB's are not worth the investment, wait till next week and see what Lamar does to our vaunted front 7 composed 1st round talent.

1 minute ago, Rogue Jedi said:

Lance is enticing, but as you said the talent he's playing against raises some questions. Definitely a better "QB" than King, but he doesn't have the same athleticism that stresses a front 7 like Murray/Jackson.

May be opposite world that we're living in now, but athletic QB's are the prize. Lamar wasn't/isn't Peyton Manning, esp. as a rookie, but his elusiveness bought time and made plays were statue QB's couldn't.

Give me a D'Eriq King and tailor an offense to his strengths.

I think Lance is that mold, actually. I guess we won’t know until there are more than highlights posted online of the guy. But he moves. 

I do like King, though. But he’s a late round dude most likely. Very raw as a passer. I’m not sure this fan base deals with a raw guy that well after this whole thing.

If they go rookie QB, they’re going to need a guy who has a lot of it down and just needs fine tuning. 

Haskins needs to not be on social media right now. He posted an Instagram story that says “WiFi is free so everyone has an opinion. Don’t be a fan later”. 

that stupid “don’t be a fan later” **** is NOT a good look, dude. ugh. I REALLY want to defend haskins, but i cant, not with that crap after a loss, where he looked awful. 

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think Lance is that mold, actually. I guess we won’t know until there are more than highlights posted online of the guy. But he moves. 

I do like King, though. But he’s a late round dude most likely. Very raw as a passer. I’m not sure this fan base deals with a raw guy that well after this whole thing.

If they go rookie QB, they’re going to need a guy who has a lot of it down and just needs fine tuning. 

I'll give Haskins the season but after today i am betting we will likely be shopping for QBs next year.  The Browns haven't exactly been world beaters as to their defense this season.

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Haskins needs to not be on social media right now. He posted an Instagram story that says “WiFi is free so everyone has an opinion. Don’t be a fan later”. 

that stupid “don’t be a fan later” **** is NOT a good look, dude. ugh. I REALLY want to defend haskins, but i cant, not with that crap after a loss, where he looked awful. 

He’s a clown. Have never disliked a Skins QB more. 

Haskins is a sensitive dude. I don’t know him, so it’s conjecture, admittedly. But when he was drafted, he had that sour puss on. It didn’t seem like it was a “gonna prove them all wrong” face, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

When he wasn’t QB 1 right off the bat, he sunk into his hole. He didn’t feel wanted, and he wasn’t happy. And you know what? Hard to blame the dude given the **** sandwich this franchise served him by drafting him to a lame duck coach and with a lame duck GM and went against the FO’s desire to draft him. 

Then he started and he wanted to prove himself. The fan selfie was him saying to himself, “See. I knew I could do this. I just needed someone to believe in me.”

He didn’t do that because he’s an asshole, in my opinion. He did it because that was his “I KNEW I COULD DO IT” moment.

But his social media presence points to the fact that the fans, pundits, and media get to him. And his statements are his way of saying what is being said about him bothers him, and he wants to fix it.

Part of his evolution, as an older man, is that he’ll realize that social media has a lot of truth said, but also a ton of uneducated non sense. And it’s hard to filter it. 

As he cares less about people’s perception of him, he’ll grow as a human. 

Say what we want about Rivera’s clock management, but he said in his presser he doesn’t care about the back lash... and that has been TOTALLY evident. 

Haskins needs to learn from that lesson. 

Grow silently, and let your play shut everyone up. 

If you can't get Lawrence, you have to go for a veteran whether that means signing Cam or trading for Stafford / Ryan (if the Lions / Falcons end up in a place to take a Fields). This team will potentially be loaded next season given the cap space and the talent already on the roster. You have to give this team a chance to win while you have a bunch of people on rookie deals

3 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

He’s a clown. Have never disliked a Skins QB more. 

RG3 was a bigger clown but at least he gave us 2012. I, along with many fans, would be less pissed off with him if he had the off field demeanor of someone like Jason Candle

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Cringe. Very immature.

@KDawg i dont think the selfie with the two fans was anything more than just the simple fact that two fans asked him to come over to him, and they gave their phone to him and asked him to be in a picture with them, and he was feeling pumped after winning his first NFL game, so he wanted to share the moment with the fans. 

Didn’t have anything to do with him making any sort of statement, in my opinion. 

This dude is utter garbage, of course he is on social media yapping after almost single handedly losing the game.  He is the worst QB in the league by most measurable statistics - get him off the field asap, take out the TRASH-kINS. One legged Alex or Kyle literally cannot be worse.  

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@KDawg i dont think the selfie with the two fans was anything more than just the simple fact that two fans asked him to come over to him, and they gave their phone to him and asked him to be in a picture with them, and he was feeling pumped after winning his first NFL game, so he wanted to share the moment with the fans. 

Didn’t have anything to do with him making any sort of statement, in my opinion. 

Not a statement... he did it because that was his moment. And if that’s all you took out of that long ass reply, I think you missed something.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not a statement... he did it because that was his moment. And if that’s all you took out of that long ass reply, I think you missed something.

No, that’s not all i took Out of it, the overall point being he needs to grow and become more mature and not care what people think, which, Incase it’s not obvious, i completely agree with. i just chose to debate the point i disagree with. 

If he had gone over to those two fans and initiated the picture himself, then I’d also see it the same way you are. However, from what it looks like, he was standing on the sidelines celebrating the win, and the two fans initiated the whole thing, and he didn’t want to be rude and blow them off. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/jason-campbell-says-dwayne-haskins-was-definitely-staring-down-wrs

When asked about his three interceptions in Washington's Week 3 34-20 loss to Cleveland on Sunday, quarterback Dwayne Haskins denied staring down his wide receivers and instead gave detailed descriptions of his progressions on the field.

Jason Campbell, no stranger to the pressures that come with being a quarterback in Washington during his years with the team, saw things differently. 

"Yeah he was definitely staring the receivers down," Campbell said on NBC Sports Washington's Postgame Live show. "You're exactly right that he was starting down receivers and that's definitely something he has to get better at because once you start playing this position, people have a book on you."

Campbell noted that just as Haskins said in his postgame availability, the Browns' defensive pass rush from Myles Garrett and company hurried Haskins into some wrong decisions. It was the kind of pressure that got to Haskins like this fourth-quarter strip-and-sack from Garrett that sealed the deal. 

But instead of giving reasons for his errors, Campbell said it's important for Haskins to ackowledge his short comings and move on. 

Archived