Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

25 minutes ago, dyst said:

Only draft Trevor or Fields if they have “it”. I don’t want to draft any QB just because we have to. It’s why we are in this mess with Haskins. 

I think Fields has the "it" factor. Like the Cardinals giving up on Allen and got Murray. Even Allen was better than Haskins is now.

Correction: Rosen not Allen 😖

Just now, httr2020dynasty said:

Yea, I think it's pretty much a lock that the Giants are front runners for Trevor. They are the worst team I've seen this year, even worse than the Jets. Gonna be some interesting matchups with the WFT. 

There are quite a few bad teams this year. The Eagles might lose to the Bengals at home. The Vikings are 0-3(admittedly they've had a tough strength of schedule to start the season). The Falcons could be up 100-0 and lose. The Panthers stink.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There are quite a few bad teams this year. The Eagles might lose to the Bengals at home. The Vikings are 0-3(admittedly they've had a tough strength of schedule to start the season). The Falcons could be up 100-0 and lose. The Panthers stink.

Yes, this is going to be a hard tanking fight this year 😆

I think you have to give Haskins time.  As has been pointed out, he does not have a lot of experience.  He may continue to fail, but as others have said, you need to give him a chance.

Let the coaches learn if he is the long term answer.  He has not played enough to determine that answer.

Edit:  I will add, this does not mean we can't continue to yell at him during this time.

2 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

I think you have to give Haskins time.  As has been pointed out, he does not have a lot of experience.  He may continue to fail, but as others have said, you need to give him a chance.

Let the coaches learn if he is the long term answer.  He has not played enough to determine that answer.

Yep, best solution to the long-term lifeline of the team is to let Haskins ride out the entire season. If he's the guy, he's had 24 games to prove it. That's plenty of time in this day and age in the NFL, if he's awful we can at least draft his replacement and have a hand-picked QB by this staff. 

he just isn't a good QB. it is that simple. we can discuss it over and over again,  but what my eyes tell me isn't right. 

3 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

How much time though? This is a new staff and they didn't draft him. They have zero loyalty to him. Snyder is probably the only guy at Redskin Park that is in his corner. 

3 minutes ago, Alexa said:

he just isn't a good QB. it is that simple. we can discuss it over and over again,  but what my eyes tell me isn't right. 

Roughly 15 humans on earth are good QBs in the NFL at this point. Not a shock he isn’t one. Most difficult position in all of sports. Time to move past the sunk cost. Pretend Terry was the pick and look forward. 

Super uggo.

He's been avoiding mistakes like those since the last few starts of last season. Cant revert to old problems.

He was the reason we lost this game. No room to stack games like that if you want to keep your job. One thing a QB cant do is self destruct

He's been great at protecting the ball. this game has to be an anomaly in that regard moving forward.

3 minutes ago, profusion said:

If it was a question of Haskins taking time to learn NFL offenses or such, I'd be more patient. Instead, he's wildly inaccurate and doesn't seem to be getting better. I don't think that's something you can fix in the pros.

When you're still learning the game you think too much and that can lead to messing up other aspects.

I do agree with you though in that his poor mechanics scare me. I've always said if you're inaccurate then you're always gonna be inaccurate, that's not something that is improved easily or very often.

I'm not saying Haskins is going to be the guy. In fact I've already said before that I don't think Haskins will ever be more than a rank 15 ish QB in the league, I don't think he'll ever be special, but you might as well give him this season to see if he can figure it out. Its a rebuilding year anyway.

27 minutes ago, httr2020dynasty said:

Yea, I think it's pretty much a lock that the Giants are front runners for Trevor. They are the worst team I've seen this year, even worse than the Jets. Gonna be some interesting matchups with the WFT. 

At this rate the entire NFC East will be in position to draft Lawrence lol...

2 hours ago, Morrison J said:

Haskins doesn't have a hope in our current state. He's a guy who notoriously couldn't deal with pressure inside in college. His foot mechanics fall apart immediately and he doesn't have the athleticism to get out of the pocket and extend plays. 

The play calling needs to improve considerably to even give us a chance. We've got some pieces in McLaurin, Gibson and Sims to get a quick passing game going but for some reason we have Haskins doing what he's bad at throwing a mid range under pressure. 

We've got to do a better job of hiding his limitations. 

Pressure inside, or the threat of it, was what did him in when he struggled in college. We need elite interior pass protectors, more than OTs, for DH. 

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm not saying Haskins is going to be the guy. In fact I've already said before that I don't think Haskins will ever be more than a rank 15 ish QB in the league, I don't think he'll ever be special, but you might as well give him this season to see if he can figure it out. Its a rebuilding year anyway.

At this point, I don't think he'll be a viable NFL starter due to the accuracy issues, but I agree that Rivera might as well give him a shot to see if the footwork training somehow starts sticking. We already know that Kyle Allen is a marginal starter at best.

Archived