Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, DCranon21 said:

Wait, people are actually advocating to bench Dwayne? LOL.

...and this is surprising, how? Here's a below screenshot of where every QB ranks in QBR after week 2. Dwayne is dead last in the NFL. Also, last year, he ranked somewhere between 40th-50th in the NFL in QBR. See a trend?

Capture.JPG

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I know.  I prefer the dual threat QBs, too.  To that point, as I mentioned it was tough for me to ignore when on a podcast designed for a QB coach to highlight Haskins that podcast digressed when that same QB coach gushed much more about Fields.  The way he described Fields was Lamar Jackson level mobility, 4.4 or better speed, yet with a better arm.  If Haskins doesn't work out and we have a high pick, that description makes Fields intriguing to me.  Hopefully Haskins does work out but if it goes south and we have a high pick, in theory at least this is going to be a really good QB draft. 

As soon as it’s blatantly obvious that you need to draft guys who can be due threats as QB the Skins go and draft a statue who isnt even a great passer 🤦‍♂️ 

8 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

...and this is surprising, how? Here's a below screenshot of where every QB ranks in QBR after week 2. Dwayne is dead last in the NFL. Also, last year, he ranked somewhere between 40th-50th in the NFL in QBR. See a trend?

Capture.JPG

Out of all the bad Redskins qbs I've seen in the past 20-25 years watching them, he is the worst. I would take Jason Campbell and Gus Frerotte any day

Is Alex Smith truly ready to play in an NFL game?  Because if so, aside from cringing every time a D-lineman gets within 3 yards of him, I would like to see that change made if Haskins doesn't improve in the next 2 or 3 games.  Couch it in terms of letting Haskins sit and learn for a while so his confidence isn't totally destroyed.  But I haven't seen much of any growth from him thus far.

21 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I agree with you, but you are not worthy of anything more than a daytime Emmy, at best.

13 minutes ago, max21 said:

I was thinking a Nickelodeon kids choice award 

18 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Noble piece of what? Humble Pie?

Nobel Peace?

The disrespect

55 minutes ago, Destino said:

“3rd round draft pick as his star WR” is intentionally downplaying Terry McLaurin’s talent.  Doesn’t matter where he was drafted, Terry plays like a future star.  Is there a team that wouldn’t gladly take him off our hands?  I doubt it.  Haskins may not have the best group of receivers but he certainly has at least one good one.  

That's what kills me with the "we don't have any weapons for Haskins" arguments.  

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

After watching the 1h, he looks great.

With that said, yes he is much better than Haskins lol

35 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Is Alex Smith truly ready to play in an NFL game?  Because if so, aside from cringing every time a D-lineman gets within 3 yards of him, I would like to see that change made if Haskins doesn't improve in the next 2 or 3 games.  Couch it in terms of letting Haskins sit and learn for a while so his confidence isn't totally destroyed.  But I haven't seen much of any growth from him thus far.

Kyle Allen would probably be an upgrade.

I do feel bad for Haskins because this OL is unacceptable. The coaches have to adjust and set him up with quick passes. Im hoping for a day we win because of Dwayne, not just him doing enough not to lose us the game.

Yesterday was a jacked up game. We took ourselves right out of what the gameplan should have been and that was running it up the gut against Arizona. They are soft up the middle. The early penalties and the SSims fumble did us in.

44 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

This year is about to go down the crapper, we need your look-a-like threads to keep the humor.

28 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

What gets me with these fans defending Haskins is that they should know better than anyone what bad QB play looks like with this franchise, because there has been a ton of it since 93. He’s going to be another Jason Campbell. 

The view points are not mutually exclusive.

It is possible to both defend having Haskins remain as the starter and at the same time recognize that his play to this point (for whatever reasons) is in dire need of improvement. Though I will admit that many firmly take one side and argue stridently against the other.

3 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

The view points are not mutually exclusive.

It is possible to both defend having Haskins remain as the starter and at the same time recognize that his play to this point (for whatever reasons) is in dire need of improvement. Though I will admit that many firmly take one side and argue stridently against the other.

Exactly, that’s where I’m at with him as well. Need to see what he can do in a full 16 game season, and at the same time, for whatever reason (I’ll leave that up to people more knowledgeable than I), he hasn’t been good so far, and needs to improve. 

both things are true. 

You look at Haskins' college highlights and it's basically him taking a deep drop back, with huge pocket space and then slinging it to his WR. You rarely seem any reads from him or shifting inside the pocket. The pocket has to be created for him, he doesn't seem to create the pocket himself like many of the good QBs do. 

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

You look at Haskins' college highlights and it's basically him taking a deep drop back, with huge pocket space and then slinging it to his WR. You rarely seem any reads from him or shifting inside the pocket. The pocket has to be created for him, he doesn't seem to create the pocket himself like many of the good QBs do. 

It really seems like his success is very situational. Or situation-dependent.

Everything, including defense, OLine, receivers have to all be clicking on a high level for him to succeed.

You don't really see him making something out of nothing, or "carrying" the team through adversity.

I want to see him succeed. And I know it may involve patience. And yes, he does need more talent around him, than what we have.

But I still have doubts about the long-term with him.

Archived