Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

36 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Wow....

You clutched your pearls too when I told you Zorn was a bust coach after his first press conference if I’m not mistaken. Sometimes it’s just obvious dude. I’m sure we both just want us to win so I’m honestly not trying to antagonize you. I simply want to win another super bowl before I die. Patience with busts and sunk costs hasn’t helped that goal. I used to take it as a given that we would win another super bowl in my lifetime, now I’m just simply hoping...

34 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Nothing about the bust is pretty other than some bs workout videos in the off season. He’s now a skinnier bust. A bust without baby fat. But a bust nonetheless.

He’s like the Terrell Pryor of QBs without any actual production ever in the NFL.  Pryor at least had the Browns year at WR.

I’m not claiming he caused Ron’s illness but he’s obviously not helping the recovery situation with his play. Ron quit on the game. No timeout. Just straight quit. That’s 100% on bust. 

Despicable commentary.

Just now, LetThePointsSoar said:

It's Kyle Allen time, kids. 

Not saying I want it...but it's hard to tell me after two weeks that he's not the better quarterback right now.  Give him the reigns and see if we don't move the ball more effectively while Haskins either develops or doesn't on the bench. 

Just my $. 02.

Nope, we'll ride or die with the team Captain. Enjoy watching #7 the remainder of the season, after this season who knows what will happen. 

The o line being bad is just an excuse. On plays when hes not getting pressured he is still overthrowing his receivers. Dont be fooled by his garbage time stats. Not only did he not play well the kid has an attitude problem and massive ego. He has accomplished nothing in the nfl but calls himself a lion. Makes me laugh and ticks me off all at the same time. Qbs that are successful tend to be humble leaders that say less and do more. Leaders dont get hurt by other people’s comments on social media or pay any mind to it. I could go on and on about his immaturity. Its not what we all want to hear but he doesnt seem like the guy that can get it done. We saw other young qbs today show promise and we havent seen anything impressive from him this year outside of giving a halftime speech last game. We may enter another rg3 type situation where the owner wants him to play but the coach doesnt. Fun times.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

There is no garbage time in week 2 for this offense.

Every call, every block, every catch matters.  We’re trying to build something from scratch.

Nah, the Cards defense softened late, seemingly to play the safe lead/no over the top plays game. All of a sudden we started moving the football, but it really did not matter. Rivera pretty much admitted it.

It was really sad to watch you guys doing mental gymnastics trying to talk yourselves into "Simba" potentially being a quality QB - there is nothing there.  His historically poor attitude and laughable "leadership" skills are just icing;  most of that is intangible and not "learned" attributes. Every single outlet had him rated as one of the worst two QBs in the league going into the year.  Be honest with yourself, can you see this guy leading the team down the field for a game winning drive in a 2 minute offense against a quality opponent.  Nah;  lets see if Allen has anything and start to look at what might be out there in the draft this year.  Little Danny boy strikes again !

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nah, the Cards defense softened late, seemingly to play the safe lead/no over the top plays game. All of a sudden we started moving the football, but it really did not matter. Rivera pretty much admitted it.

That’s fair, but I disagree.

4 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

It was really sad to watch you guys doing mental gymnastics trying to talk yourselves into "Simba" potentially being a quality QB - there is nothing there.  His historically poor attitude and laughable "leadership" skills are just icing;  most of that is intangible and not "learned" attributes. Every single outlet had him rated as one of the worst two QBs in the league going into the year.  Be honest with yourself, can you see this guy leading the team down the field for a game winning drive in a 2 minute offense against a quality opponent.  Nah;  lets see if Allen has anything and start to look at what might be out there in the draft this year.  Little Danny boy strikes again !

Whats this dude’s “deal”?

I’m a fan of Haskins, but that 2nd half performance was all garbage time. 

the OL, scherff especially, is seriously screwing his development potential. It’s blatantly obvious that he’s seeing ghosts and how could he not. Until he can trust these guys, idk how he can take any steps forward. Disappointing dose of reality.

Just now, CTskin said:

I’m a fan of Haskins, but that 2nd half performance was all garbage time. 

the OL, scherff especially, is seriously screwing his development potential. It’s blatantly obvious that he’s seeing ghosts and how could he not. Until he can trust these guys, idk how he can take any steps forward. Disappointing dose of reality.

The o-line isn't like the line Ramsay had (where free blitzes were coming constantly).  Haskins predetermines his read (see Logan Thomas at 3rd and goal) a lot.  He's very inaccurate.  The o-line might be porous, but there were no jailbreaks today.  Of the QBs drafted the last two years, he's at the bottom of the list no question.  Minshew eats him alive.  Jay is getting him to play well.  We'd be hyped if Haskins was playing like Minshew has.  

I agree with John Keim's take:

It's hard to fully judge Dwayne Haskins Jr. because of an offensive line that is too inexperienced on the left side. It's debatable whether tackle Geron Christian or guard Wes Martin is more than a short-term solution, and the group is inconsistent all over. Haskins can improve his mechanics, but he has now made nine NFL starts and needs patience and more talent around him. However, he finished strong. But the bottom line is that Washington did little on offense until it was 20-0. Washington wants Haskins to be more consistent, but both he and the offense still have a ways to go.

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington/post/_/id/40370/washingtons-growing-pains-evident-in-loss-especially-on-offense

23 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Nope, we'll ride or die with the team Captain. Enjoy watching #7 the remainder of the season, after this season who knows what will happen. 

I feel you're right, but I'm praying you're wrong. 

And it's not an anti Dwayne post.  I'd love nothing more for him to start showing signs of growth and stepping up.  But on an admittedly small sample size, I'm not seeing much by way of signs of hope. 

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I feel you're right, but I'm praying you're wrong. 

And it's not an anti Dwayne post.  I'd love nothing more for him to start showing signs of growth and stepping up.  But on an admittedly small sample size, I'm not seeing much by way of signs of hope. 

Until he starts stinking it up with a litany of INTs, he’s not going anywhere for a while

2 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I think they need to go more hurry up and Haskins from the shotgun.  Anytime he drops back from under center, it looks like he's can't see the whole field.

Unless under center call is for a quick pass, hes too worried about getting hit to focus on whole field.

We are failing him in a way that will fail his replacement for folks that want that.

Archived