Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Despite what majority of the board says and the so called NFL expects I am relieved we didn't deal for Josh Rosen, I Watched 2 or 3 of his games last year with Arizona and his troubles went wellll beyond just poor teammate play . So yes I'm happy to have Haskins especially over Josh but very pessimistic. 

Lets start with Haskins body language, I have never seen a player more miserable to be picked in the top 15 then this kid lol We know he is a HUGE Ny Giants fan and really, really wanted to play for them. You could see how crushed he was when they picked Daniel Jones. Then the interview where he says "They done messed up" I have never seen someone look more miserable to be a top 15 pick then this kid, not even when Aron Rodgers fell from projected #1 to 24 in 04. I Know part of it was he felt slighted but you know our organization has to come in to play here. This is not place where Quarterbacks come to thrive and when they do we reward them by letting them walk to other teams. Also this seems like a replay of last year with Darius Guice and his promise of making the league pay, Not sure im comfortable with the Redskins taking shots on players everyone else is passing on.

To me the only home run QB in this draft was Kyler Murray, the kid is superstar, I see him as Russell Wilson on steroids. Jones, Haskins, Lock Finley ? All a gamble. I would have much rather seen the skins maybe trade back or go WR,CB Or OL in this spot and take a gamble on Rypien or Stidham in a later round.

With all said and done I'll look to the positive, We are 10x better at the QB position today then we were last December. We have a open competition at QB this summer which i love. Let the best man win.

3 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Despite what majority of the board says and the so called NFL expects I am relieved we didn't deal for Josh Rosen, I Watched 2 or 3 of his games last year with Arizona and his troubles went wellll beyond just poor teammate play . So yes I'm happy to have Haskins especially over Josh but very pessimistic. 

Lets start with Haskins body language, I have never seen a player more miserable to be picked in the top 15 then this kid lol We know he is a HUGE Ny Giants fan and really, really wanted to play for them. You could see how crushed he was when they picked Daniel Jones. Then the interview where he says "They done messed up" I have never seen someone look more miserable to be a top 15 pick then this kid, not even when Aron Rodgers fell from projected #1 to 24 in 04. I Know part of it was he felt slighted but you know our organization has to come in to play here. This is not place where Quarterbacks come to thrive and when they do we reward them by letting them walk to other teams. Also this seems like a replay of last year with Darius Guice and his promise of making the league pay, Not sure im comfortable with the Redskins taking shots on players everyone else is passing on.

To me the only home run QB in this draft was Kyler Murray, the kid is superstar, I see him as Russell Wilson on steroids. Jones, Haskins, Lock Finley ? All a gamble. I would have much rather seen the skins maybe trade back or go WR,CB Or OL in this spot and take a gamble on Rypien or Stidham in a later round.

With all said and done I'll look to the positive, We are 10x better at the QB position today then we were last December. We have a open competition at QB this summer which i love. Let the best man win.

Welp thats it for me. I try to come back to Extremeskins but these takes are so bad it isnt worth arguing. I just leave. 

Did you just hate on us drafting Derrius Guice and Montaz Sweat lol? So bad.

I've taken some time to observe the body language criticism, and I've paired it with his post draft interviews. He is definitely upset that he fell to 15. You can take that for what it's worth, but I look at it similar to Big Ben's frustration when he fell. Haskins seems like he talked with the Giants and Miami, and both made him believe he was their guy. The image of him working out in Giants gear was right after his Giants visit. He is offended that both passed on him. He will definitely want to prove that the Giants made a mistake. I do not think he has any issue with coming to the Redskins. I don't think the body language was about Washington. It was that so many teams passed on him. His mindset seems to be proving those teams wrong who passed on him from the interviews I saw. He sounds like he wants to work and contribute to the team. When asked about the Redskins his responses were about working hard, pushing those around him to work hard, being a leader, and helping the team win a lot of football games. The body language is about the drop. He has that coveted chip on his shoulder so we'll see how we handle it. Opposite of RGIII coming in feeling like a god, Haskins wants to prove himself.. Some may still find another interpretation, but this is what I saw. 

Just now, SkinsNoles21 said:

Welp thats it for me. I try to come back to Extremeskins but these takes are so bad it isnt worth arguing. I just leave. 

I'm not hating on anything, But the reality is Darrius Guice has yet to play a single down of regular season football for us.

1 minute ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

You wanna explain why those takes are terrible and offer some of your own?  That's it, you just say it's so bad it's not worth arguing?  If it's a bad argument you should have no problem winning the argument.  

I don't think he's 100% correct either, but I see where he's coming from.  He's not wrong about the part when he says that this isn't a place where quarterbacks come to thrive.  

3 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

I've taken some time to observe the body language criticism, and I've paired it with his post draft interviews. He is definitely upset that he fell to 15. You can take that for what it's worth, but I look at it similar to Big Ben's frustration when he fell. Haskins seems like he talked with the Giants and Miami, and both made him believe he was their guy. The image of him working out in Giants gear was right after his Giants visit. He is offended that both passed on him. He will definitely want to prove that the Giants made a mistake. I do not think he has any issue with coming to the Redskins. I don't think the body language was about Washington. It was that so many teams passed on him. His mindset seems to be proving those teams wrong who passed on him from the interviews I saw. He sounds like he wants to work and contribute to the team. When asked about the Redskins his responses were about working hard, pushing those around him to work hard, being a leader, and helping the team win a lot of football games. The body language is about the drop. He has that coveted chip on his shoulder so we'll see how we handle it. Opposite of RGIII coming in feeling like a god, Haskins wants to prove himself.. Some may still find another interpretation, but this is what I saw. 

I agree with this take, but let's not forget that when RG3 came in here he was widely praised for his attitude.  Everyone was foaming at the mouth about every little thing he did.  He literally was the golden child.  It wasn't until things went sideways for him that the attitude came into question.  

8 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Yeah but he went 15 lol Cmon. Its not like he fell to the second round. Noone had Haskins projected as a #1 overall. If this was Kyler Murray yes, i understand the frustration. 15 is a extremely respectable position to be drafted and I'm having a hard time agreeing with his assessment of being "disrespected " by the league. I mean how many teams actually passed on him 1 the Giants, maybe 2 in Miami ? but even then

5 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Yeah but he went 15 lol Cmon. Its not like he fell to the second round. Noone had Haskins projected as a #1 overall. If this was Kyler Murray yes, i understand the frustration. 15 is a extremely respectable position to be drafted and I'm having a hard time agreeing with his assessment of being "disrespected " by the league. I mean how many teams actually passed on him 1 the Giants, maybe 2 in Miami ? but even then

You have a right to that assessment. It's not the first time a QB or top prospect has been upset that they fell in the first round. I remember them expecting and understanding Big Ben's frustration draft day. Teams make these young guys believe they're the future of their franchise. Once I saw that his body language was about being passed on, I was relieved personally. I like it. We will see how he uses the edge.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2833151-nfl-draft-2019-round-1-grades-for-every-pick

He can easily be rattled by pressure, especially pressure up the middle.

the fact that we have oline issues as we stand today, with little as far as receiving threats, and the fact Haskins only started one year at Ohio St, I pray the plan is to start keenum / McCoy / whoever is not named Haskins in 2019, and let the kid take a year to learn the system and adjust to life in the NFL.  Throwing him in the fire in a poor attempt to generate fan excitement would really hurt his long term chances for success.  

What I like most about him is that he lived in this area and is not a Redskins fan. So he is not blind to the bull**** we pull here. He knows Snyder will try to be his buddy, and he knows thats the way Griffin destroyed his career/rep here. He knows that half of the fans will hate his guts just because we drafted him and that there is nothing he can do about that because they are Redskins fans. He will not be shocked by any of the bull**** and I hope that will help guard him against it. His biggest struggle, especially as a young newly rich guy, is going to be surviving this organization without being poisoned by it. I hope he is away of that and ready for it. 

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree with this take, but let's not forget that when RG3 came in here he was widely praised for his attitude.  Everyone was foaming at the mouth about every little thing he did.  He literally was the golden child.  It wasn't until things went sideways for him that the attitude came into question.  

Fair enough.. I was more so pointing out the difference in feeling between a team trading up, and giving up so much to draft you vs multiple teams passing on you who you believed wanted you. Much different draft experience for a top QB prospect.

7 hours ago, Alexa said:

It's not going to happen. The owner is going to want to see Haskins.  Mayfield didn't sit, neither did Josh Allen or even Rosen. Haskins will be playing next year and playing a lot. 

Very possible, with Snyder as an owner.  That's a great point.  I don't mind Haskins eventually playing this season but it depends on how the season is unfolding.  For Game 1 of this upcoming season, Colt or Case should be the starter. 

9 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

You have a right to that assessment. It's not the first time a QB or top prospect has been upset that they fell in the first round. I remember them expecting and understanding Big Ben's frustration draft day. Teams make these young guys believe they're the future of their franchise. Once I saw that his body language was about being passed on, I was relieved personally. I like it. We will see how he uses the edge.

Yeah im not really saying its going to make or break his career here, i was just simply pointing out a observation. Passion is good as long as its channeled in the right way ie elevating your game as opposed to sinking you into a pit of despair & hopelessness. I guess i found it odd to not see any smiles, thats all

Just now, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Yeah im not really saying its going to make or break his career here, i was just simply pointing out a observation. Passion is good as long as its channeled in the right way ie elevating your game as opposed to sinking you into a pit of despair & hopelessness. I guess i found it odd to not see any smiles, thats all

I can understand that. That's why I watched the post draft interviews- to perceive how he's using this edge. I liked that he immediately talked about getting to work. Hopefully that's the direction he takes it.

30 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

You wanna explain why those takes are terrible and offer some of your own?  That's it, you just say it's so bad it's not worth arguing?  If it's a bad argument you should have no problem winning the argument.  

TBH most of the Haskins takes are zero effort garbage sourced directly from Chris Cooley's asshole, and they aren't worth the time and energy of addressing.  That particular one wasn't bad though.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

TBH most of the Haskins takes are zero effort garbage sourced directly from Chris Cooley's asshole, and they aren't worth the time and energy of addressing.  That particular one wasn't bad though.

I can see the arguments for and against.  All we've REALLY got, though, is just to wait and see how he pans out.  That's all we can do.  

That won't stop people who don't like this pick to look for every single thing they can pick on...and vice versa.  

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Rodgers was salty AF about his slide:

Yes but again, Rodgers was arguably the #1 QB prospect that year Dwayne Haskins  is not. This would be comparable if it was Kyler Murray fell to 15 but he did not. And again you are comparing mid round to the tail end of the first. Is a top 15 pick now considered being slighted even if you are regarded as the second or 3rd best QB in the draft which Haskins was ? You guys are reaching

24 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2833151-nfl-draft-2019-round-1-grades-for-every-pick

He can easily be rattled by pressure, especially pressure up the middle.

the fact that we have oline issues as we stand today, with little as far as receiving threats, and the fact Haskins only started one year at Ohio St, I pray the plan is to start keenum / McCoy / whoever is not named Haskins in 2019, and let the kid take a year to learn the system and adjust to life in the NFL.  Throwing him in the fire in a poor attempt to generate fan excitement would really hurt his long term chances for success.  

He's gonna get it from both sides. If he doesnt start, people will be lamenting he wasnt good enough to beat out Keenum.  If he winds up the starter, people will lament starting a rookie QB they already thought was questionable.  lol

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can see the arguments for and against.  All we've REALLY got, though, is just to wait and see how he pans out.  That's all we can do.  

That won't stop people who don't like this pick to look for every single thing they can pick on...and vice versa.  

Im not trying to pick on him I want to see this kid thrive here, I hope he passes for 400 yards against the Giants. Go through my post history im the biggest cheerleader on these boards. I'm just making some Friday morning arm chair expert analysis for the sake of conversation. 

Archived