Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I think many if you are projecting your own thoughts about Haskins in the Pre-draft  bull****.  

The draft itself is when we know their real intentions. 

the last 3 drafts have been very predictable. Might be different this time around I guess.

Finlay pushing the Sun-Sentinel story I posted which more or less said Rivera told Tua he's likely taking him.    I'll give Rivera this if he is putting forward a smoke screen, the dude is masterful at it.  Because if you add that and the Mike Silver leak (who has been his go to national reporter of late) that Tua is seriously on the table -- then at a minimum he has people guessing. 

Not sure though why they need to smokescreen this that heavy though?  Isn't it enough that they lose a major opportunity cost to lose Chase Young and their is a premium for any pick that lands a QB regardless of context?  Also Rivera has a reputation of being a straight forward and honest guy as opposed a dude who likes to play games.  But who knows?

On a side note Tua and or his agents seem to be a bunch of Chatty Kathy’s w/ divulging their impressions of the meetings with the Dolphins and the Redskins. Not the tight lipped company man perfect boy scout that has been painted up till now.

And the phrase they use regarding what Ron said is definitely the perception/opinion of the situation. Cuz I have a hard time believing that RR said “he’s not the guy” regarding DH. Even if that is what they think, he wouldn’t use those words, imo. So definitely throwing gas on the fire is Tua’s camp.

Lying season is in full swing. Wonder if how and what was said give RR any pause on him (Tua) being the answer for us.

I can see Tua being drafted with the idea of sitting him in 2020 (injury), and letting Haskins do his thing for a year and see where they are at for 2021. That is not completely unreasonable. It would be tough as hell for Haskins to swallow, but not a complete shocker.

2 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I can see Tua being drafted with the idea of sitting him in 2020 (injury), and letting Haskins do his thing for a year and see where they are at for 2021. That is not completely unreasonable. It would be tough as hell for Haskins to swallow, but not a complete shocker.

That is completely unreasonable. 

if they take Tu’a, Haskins is gone (meaning he’d demand a trade if the team was dumb enough to want to keep him). No NFL team is keeping two recent first round pick QBs on their roster 

19 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

And that's what I'm a little concerned about.

Pushing/motivating someone is one thing.

Playing mind games is something else entirely.

Not sure if that's the best approach to take.🤷‍♂️

At least with Haskins.

If they truly aren't interested in Tua and are using it in part to play mind games with Haskins, I agree.  I just don't know what its about.  I take pride at least sometimes for finding common denominator stories on Redskins narratives and bet they are correct since all are saying the same thing (with Keim being the kicker, I trust him the most).   It doesn't always prove correct but often it does in those cases.

But on the Tua stuff I can't confidently say I have any common denominator stories.  I am thoroughly confused on it.   Off the top of my head:

A. Silver report suggests yes Tua might be the pick -- gives the vibe to me that more likely yes than no that they take him

B.  Finlay thinks they ride with Haskins but doesn't rule Tua out.  Now he's saying read the Sentinel Article that mentions they take Tua

C. Standig says he's not sure but he doesn't think the Tua stuff is pure posturing and he's at least under consideration

D.  Tua has already leaked supposedly what happened in the Dolphins interview, now this on the Redskins?  True, untrue?  

E.  Hoffman says no way they do it.

F.  Russell thinks maybe

I don't recall if Keim has landed on an opinion on this.  But yeah there is definitely no common denominator.  So I got no feel for it.   

If I had to guess it would be they are riding with Haskins unless there is something they don't love about his off season leading to the draft.  It seems like Haskins though is off to a good start on that front.  They are considering Tua because why not look at every possibility on the table.  But in the end they take Chase.  I said on the draft thread before the season ended we are likely about to go on a wild ride with rumors leading to the draft considering that's how this rolls typically.  That much was obvious.  So I guess we are off to a rousing start on it, it has my head spinning.

@BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93All I’m saying is I can see it happening, not that that’s what I want. it would not shock me.
But Tua shouldn’t be playing in 2020, am I off on that?

He dislocated his hip in what Nov?

So if he definitely shouldn’t play in 2020, why not sit him and let DH do his thing in 2020 with full reign. Just a scenario running through the whys and how’s..

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93All I’m saying is I can see it happening, not that that’s what I want. it would not shock me.
But Tua shouldn’t be playing in 2020, am I off on that?

He dislocated his hip in what Nov?

So if he definitely shouldn’t play in 2020, why not sit him and let DH do his thing in 2020 with full reign. Just a scenario running through the whys and how’s..

Got you 

the hip thing is why I’m 100% against him.

15 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

On a side note Tua and or his agents seem to be a bunch of Chatty Kathy’s w/ divulging their impressions of the meetings with the Dolphins and the Redskins. Not the tight lipped company man perfect boy scout that has been painted up till now.

And the phrase they use regarding what Ron said is definitely the perception/opinion of the situation. Cuz I have a hard time believing that RR said “he’s not the guy” regarding DH. Even if that is what they think, he wouldn’t use those words, imo. So definitely throwing gas on the fire is Tua’s camp.

It's a good point.  Reading what I have about Tua, its hard for me to believe he's the one doing it.  I'd bet it's his agent doing it on his own.  Drunken nights at St. Elmos, loose lips? 

25 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

the last 3 drafts have been very predictable. Might be different this time around I guess.

So clelin Ferrell at 4 was predictable?  Haskins falling to 15? D Jones going 6?  Redskins trading back into the first for sweat?  

Now if you mean then first 2 picks? Ok maybe.  Not even back further than that.   And the bull**** thrown around before the draft was all over the place.  

@Skinsinparadise Given His pedigree I was a little shocked at how forthcoming and open he was regarding the Dolphins meeting. Wonder how Flores felt about his impressions on the meeting. Love the Chess being played by the Dolphins v Skins V Tua v DH v CY... outside of the Rivers rumor, I dont mind the game being played by RR. Shake it up and see how people respond.

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

Folks it is draft ‘bull****’ season. 

Don’t believe anything you read and almost nothing of what you see.

1. Land war in Asia

2. Silcilian with Death on the line

3. Anything anyone says this time of year

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But on the Tua stuff I can't confidently say I have any common denominator stories.  I am thoroughly confused on it

This is the point.

Bullock always stuck me as reasonable, logical, and intelligent. 

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So clelin Ferrell at 4 was predictable?  Haskins falling to 15? D Jones going 6?  Redskins trading back into the first for sweat?  

Now if you mean then first 2 picks? Ok maybe.  Not even back further than that.   And the bull**** thrown around before the draft was all over the place.  

no the last 3 Redskins drafts have been predictable.

Haskins, Payne, Guice, Allen, Anderson. 

25 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I don’t watch CFB but when I do watch, Alabama is usually playing. Never was all that impressed by Tu’a.

where is this hype coming from? To me, it sounds like a lot of intangible “he’s a leader!!” bs that won’t overcome his size or penchant for getting hurt

Can someone sell him to me? 

He’s a good QB. Has a better arm than Burrow, he’s accurate, throws a good deep ball and generally makes good decisions. He spreads the ball around as well - point guard. Has better than average mobility (though actually maybe not as good a runner as Burrow). He’s by all accounts that ‘first in last out’ alpha dog type QB leader as well.

Hes not a big guy though and has been injury prone.

i like him a lot. But not more than I liked Haskins coming out (not that my opinion matters either way). What I think I can say is there is no more of a sure thing Tua becomes a top 10 NFL QB than Haskins.

11 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I don’t watch CFB but when I do watch, Alabama is usually playing. Never was all that impressed by Tu’a.

where is this hype coming from? To me, it sounds like a lot of intangible “he’s a leader!!” bs that won’t overcome his size or penchant for getting hurt

Can someone sell him to me? 

I'm in the same boat as you, don't watch much CFB either, but look at what he has around him! He will look great. 

The injures alone scare me to death, especially if we can just take Chase and be very happy. 

I was at times last year hoping for a win (praying for a loss) to be in this spot, but Haskins seemed to move the ball and keep the games within reach by playing pretty damn well for what he was working with.  Camp Chase for me.

Just now, MartinC said:

Possibly. But then this year our target is even more predictable but here we are discussing every story leaked about alternatives. 

Yes but the draft is still 7 weeks away. Once we’ve had a wave of FA it will start to become evident in my opinion. We won’t be shocked on draft day will we. I’m certain we’ll be able to join the dots at some stage before then. 

Still a long way out right now.

13 minutes ago, MartinC said:

He’s a good QB. Has a better arm than Burrow, he’s accurate, throws a good deep ball and generally makes good decisions. He spreads the ball around as well - point guard. Has better than average mobility (though actually maybe not as good a runner as Burrow). He’s by all accounts that ‘first in last out’ alpha dog type QB leader as well.

Hes not a big guy though and has been injury prone.

i like him a lot. But not more than I liked Haskins coming out (not that my opinion matters either way). What I think I can say is there is more of a sure thing Tua becomes a top 10 NFL QB than Haskins.

I think this is a very fair take.

27 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Lol at people jumping to conclusions.

Not saying the story is true or not.  Obviously I got no idea.    But I know plenty about the newspaper business and quotes like the one below because I have to deal with it a lot in what I do.  Ironically much of it is via the very newspaper in question here.

If Rivera was the one who said it, the reporter would have likely mentioned it that way since that's the big get, that would be the headliner.  So him saying "the Redskins" if anything makes the story more believable to me now that we learn that Rivera wasn't there because that's the best way to frame it if he wasn't there.  So it makes it more believable to me from one context.  That is, someone from Tua's camp talked.  And the Sentinel is a big newspaper versus some blog or gossip rag -- now whether that reporter was told the truth would be an entirely different subject.

If I had to guess this.  It would be something like:  Tua's agent was talking to the Dolphins reporters.  I suspect they talk a lot considering the obsession the Dolphins reporters have with Tua.  That reporter wanted to gauge the Redskins interest in Tua and it behooves Tua's agent to play that up versus play it down.   

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-draft-dolphins-redskins-combine-20200229-6qqfd6lnuvddbf2arrsgekbvvq-story.html

The Redskins told Tagovailoa they want to bring him to Washington to compete with second-year quarterback Dwayne Haskins during their meeting at the NFL combine, a source told the South Florida Sun Sentinel.

“They felt like Dwayne was not the guy right now,” the source said. “They want to bring in Tua, just get it going and compete.”

Still Tagovailoa would prefer to be drafted by the Dolphins, and believes Miami is a good fit for him the source added.

Unless you have a damn good crystal ball there's no way to know which way to go.

My hope is that they stick with haskins and draft young, not because I dont like Tua but because I think the potential for success is higher with young and haskins.

One option has us getting a potential stud quarterback with a bunch of question Mark's that need answers and the other option has us keeping a potentially very good quarterback who has a bunch of question Mark's that need answers but Also getting a generational prospect at the second most important position on the field.

My opinion, the latter option gives us the highest likelihood to increase the number of playmakers on the roster.

Just my opinion, but damn it's gonna be one exciting Thursday night in April that much I know for sure. 

Archived