Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I don’t particularly think they will. He needs an offseason to work on mechanics. I think he comes out the gates with fury next year. 

I meant revealing in terms of Haskins dealing with the wear and tear/speed of the game.

I concur that real progress will occur in the offseason...if at all.  Haskins could easily be the best qb in the NFC East by week 4 next year.

It’s actually painful to watch my man play. I don’t want to watch him get broken like Griffin and it’s trending that way if he can’t call protections or we can’t defend him. Whichever. Doesn’t really matter to me. 

Edit: that he is over dramatic and faking injuries is horse **** though. We watched this dude fall on his legs and get this shot beat out of him and keep going. That’s the type of **** I always have though was unfair about the media here. And because the Redskins are so bad at everything crap like that actually gets credit somehow. That’s sad. And it doesn’t happen to everyone. It’s very selective 

Watching Haskins and this team right now reminds me of this team prior to RG3.  Pre Shanahan.  The decade or so spent with a pretty good running game, fairly good defense, a memorable wide receiver or two, but a consistently mediocre QB.  

Im not impressed.  Things can change though, and everyone seemed to accept that he was a project when he was drafted.  Maybe he’ll figure things out in the offseason.  Maybe he’ll get a better fit at offensive coordinator that changes everything.  Maybe.  

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Pretty crazy Haskins credibility is already this bad...

called this as it was happening - he was hamming it up to compensate for his piss poor play when he realized he didnt have what it took to play with a real NFL defense.  it was painfully obvious in the way his "limp" went from overexagerated to non-existant from second to second. he was basically quitting and praying for a hook from the coach.  pathetic pumba.

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

It’s actually painful to watch my man play. I don’t want to watch him get broken like Griffin and it’s trending that way if he can’t call protections or we can’t defend him. Whichever. Doesn’t really matter to me. 

Edit: that he is over dramatic and faking injuries is horse **** though. We watched this dude fall on his legs and get this shot beat out of him and keep going. That’s the type of **** I always have though was unfair about the media here. And because the Redskins are so bad at everything crap like that actually gets credit somehow. That’s sad. And it doesn’t happen to everyone. It’s very selective 

Dwayne Haskins is 10 times the man that Kevin Sheehan will ever be.

2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

So people really think Haskins was faking his injury?  Get the **** outta here. Says a lot more about you than it does Haskins.

I don’t get what he was faking.  He didn’t pull himself out of the game or get carried off.  He limped around after a guy landed on his ankle and played on.  I’m just not seeing it.  Are people mad that he limped around?

47 minutes ago, PlayAction said:

Skins drafted a QB in the first round with minimal starts in college.  I agree that Haskins is a project but don't understand why you think he will never be a consistent NFL QB.  With time to develop he might become quite good.  He's not the problem.  The problem is the Skins decision makers that thought he could play right away.

I'm burned out of the  lack of starts in college narrative. He should be able to hit open wr's. I've seen Kyler Murray hit open wr's with ease and he only played one year of college.  What do lack of starts in college have to do with bad accuracy? Even on the TD pass to McLaurin, that was about as bad a throw as we saw all day. McLaurin totally bailed him out on that throw. 

4 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

When people said he was a "project" I thought they meant a project like redoing the mulch or sandblasting the driveway.

I didn't realize we needed to sod the entire yard and put in a 5 zone sprinkler system.

You didn’t realize that a rookie qb on a 3 win team may struggle on the road against a top 3 team in the NFC in their house? 

22 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

Haskins hasn't even played an entire season and you're ready to throw in the towel....wow....

This right here is exactly what I’m talking about with you guys acting like his parents the moment someone is critical 

Go through all my posts and tell me where I said anything remotely close to that. 

45 minutes ago, Destino said:

Watching Haskins and this team right now reminds me of this team prior to RG3.  Pre Shanahan.  The decade or so spent with a pretty good running game, fairly good defense, a memorable wide receiver or two, but a consistently mediocre QB.  

Im not impressed.  Things can change though, and everyone seemed to accept that he was a project when he was drafted.  Maybe he’ll figure things out in the offseason.  Maybe he’ll get a better fit at offensive coordinator that changes everything.  Maybe.  

Your assessment is so spot on and at the same time so depressing. 😐

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I actually think Jones has looked the part too, but he definitely has issues with fumbling. The team around him is just as bad as Haskins's though minus Barkley(who's battled injuries).

Nope. Jones has more talent around him. Tate, Shepard, Slayton and Engram > McLaurin, Harmon, Sims and Sprinkle

This talk about Haskins faking or exaggerating an injury is uncool. He stayed in, didn't seem to complain, and continued to take shots. He didn't (as far as we know) demand to be pulled. He ought to get credit for gutting out a game not criticized for it.

His play isn't good enough. No need to go out of your way to invent reasons to be critical.

28 minutes ago, Burgold said:

This talk about Haskins faking or exaggerating an injury is uncool. He stayed in, didn't seem to complain, and continued to take shots. He didn't (as far as we know) demand to be pulled. He ought to get credit for gutting out a game not criticized for it.

His play isn't good enough. No need to go out of your way to invent reasons to be critical.

it’s a media figure putting it out there based on his answer to questions about accuracy and blaming it on his wrist. Haskins created that dynamic where the media allows themselves to speculate. 

Lesson 1 beyond Xs and Os should be prepping your starting QB on how to answer questions in a press conference. The Redskins obviously didn’t get that memo. 

28 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Lesson 1 beyond Xs and Os should be prepping your starting QB on how to answer questions in a press conference. The Redskins obviously didn’t get that memo. 

Not even remotely true.

Although, if you’re fan of the media instead of a fan of the team, I can see how this someone might say this.

#lesson1

Archived