Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

the Bigger concern that I see is when he made that first down running the ball and instead of calling timeouts and running back to thel iine of scrimmage, he was strutting down the field, beating his chest that he made a first down. This sums up his professionalism and attitude in one play. he will NEVER be a franchise QB as he is immature, unprofessional and is not a good quarterback. This is the NFL where every team is a college all star team, he's not playing any jackson states or East Tennessee state anymore. 

Dude def comes off like a douche lol. And I dont get it either cause he was supposed to be such a nice kid. Until you realize he grew up in MD and acts like hes from PG. Then it all makes sense. Maybe thats why I like him lol.  

But I really dont care if he can get his **** together on the field. I really dont. Hes making an ass of himself daily and doesn't seem to give a ****. I dont know how to feel about that. I would like it if he could, ya know, throw touchdowns and junk. 

4 minutes ago, Macster said:

the Bigger concern that I see is when he made that first down running the ball and instead of calling timeouts and running back to thel iine of scrimmage, he was strutting down the field, beating his chest that he made a first down. This sums up his professionalism and attitude in one play. he will NEVER be a franchise QB as he is immature, unprofessional and is not a good quarterback. This is the NFL where every team is a college all star team, he's not playing any jackson states or East Tennessee state anymore. 

You must have hated santana moss. 

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

That guy is just some random dude on twitter who likes to follow the draft.  He was a big time Haskins guy before the draft.

For me personally, I put most stake in what apparently some in that actual building think of Haskins as a player.  They see him week after week and watch him prepare.  The Redskins "media" especially Keim and Finlay were mostly high on Haskins before the draft.  They've turned some since but in their defense it seems based on what they are being told by coaches and FO people as opposed to anything else.

Personally, i don't know about Haskins.  I got no issue with the negative or positive views about him.  But wanted to comment on the media part of this because guys like Finlay had a massive man crush on Haskins before the draft -- not that he's turned 180 the other way but I am saying based on what I can tell the people who cover this team has concerns and its based on what they are being told versus them taking that journey on their own.  It's not coming across like hey in the building they are saying this dude is killing it but the media just doesn't want to buy in.

I like to bring up Daniel Jones because I follow the NY papers and their media can get way more negative than ours -- yet they are mostly reporting the opposite there saying they are told privately that they are almost giddy about Jones in spite of the ups and downs and he's better than they even thought he would be.

Anyone hopefully Haskins builds on that late game momentum.  I am eager to see next week. 

1 minute ago, RonArtest15 said:

You must have hated santana moss. 

Moss was good at his job. Which is what I bet most people really dont like about Haskins but arnt mature enough to just say that. Which is funny cause they hate his immaturity lol

51 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I honestly have no idea because he's been talked about as being a good kid who was coachable and was nothing like RG3.  The local media guys have never criticized anything but his play thus far.  

what?  Lol. Local media criticized his choice of car. Some give fair and balanced takes, but there are others...some on the actual beat, who seem like they have an axe to grind for whatever the reason. 

Got a grip of underperforming vets on this team who dont get nearly the same vitriol or ire from SOME in the local media like haskins does. 

For example, just look at the lengths someone like craig hoffman will go to not throw Josh Norman under the bus even with his contract being an albatross and his play being some of the worst out of qualified dbs around the league. 

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Moss was good at his job. Which is what I bet most people really dont like about Haskins but arnt mature enough to just say that. Which is funny cause they hate his immaturity lol

but he would still spin the ball and signal first down in similar situations...

2 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Local media criticized his choice of car. Some give fair and balanced takes, but there are others...some on the actual beat, who seem like they have an axe to grind for whatever the reason. 

It was one guy on the Junkies.  I'm not talking about shock jock radio hosts, I'm talking about the actual beat reporters who cover the team.  No one has trashed his character.  

And I have zero issue with the selfie.  I just figured it was a rookie's first win and he was caught up in the moment.  I knew people would blow it out of proportion.  But it was the post game presser, IMO, that made it way worse than it needed to be.  He was a douchebag with a capital "D" for absolutely no reason.  

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I'll admit it.  Like if Haskins threw for 300 yards, 3 TDs yesterday...fine, miss the final snap cause you're taking selfies with fans.  Still not a GREAT look but certainly more willing to give a pass because...hey, you lit it up.

13/29, no tds, 1 INT...and you're celebrating?  

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'll admit it.  Like if Haskins threw for 300 yards, 3 TDs yesterday...fine, miss the final snap cause you're taking selfies with fans.  Still not a GREAT look but certainly more willing to give a pass because...hey, you lit it up.

I know you're not saying this, but by that logic, if he threw for 300 yrds and 3 TDs--but the team lost on a last-second field goal--would you be ok with Haskins celebrating because he individually played well?

He was celebrating a team win...not celebrating his individual performance. During a 1-9 season any win is gonna feel good, especially to rookies who are excited to finally have a dream come true: playing in the NFL. Almost all players get by on the emotion of competition and victory.

what?  Lol. Local media criticized his choice of car.

Criticized his car (that he could buy with his own money before he was drafted, but made a deal with his folks that he wouldnt until he was) 

Criticized his ****ing English and intelligence literally the day after he was drafted

Criticized him forcing Joe Thiesman to give him his blessing on what jersey number to wear (what) 

Criticized him for not beating the bad vets on the team in pre-season as a rookie 

Criticized him for getting the job

Criticized him for not looking like he was having fun 

Criticized him for looking like he was having fun 

i know im forgetting stuff 

but he would still spin the ball and signal first down in similar situations...

Yea thas my point. They let moss get away with the same stuff cause he was good at being a WR. Haskins isnt good yet but if he ever is he will probably get more slack. Though i dont think the majority of fans here will ever like our Starting QB for a prolonged period of time. 

Also this NYC vs DC media thing I think is a myth at this point. 

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I totally feel you. Same with the im a closer thing. I hope that somehow this attitude of his helped him become great in school and will help him defy himself here. I doubt it. But thats what im rooting for. Otherwise, hes just a jerk. Like maybe he is just really a dick and that not giving a **** about anything makes him better. Dunno. One can hope. But right now hes annoying. 

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I know you're not saying this, but by that logic, if he threw for 300 yrds and 3 TDs--but the team lost on a last-second field goal--would you be ok with Haskins celebrating because he individually played well?

He was celebrating a team win...not celebrating his individual performance. During a 1-9 season any win is gonna feel good, especially to rookies who are excited to finally have a dream come true: playing in the NFL. Almost all players get by on the emotion of competition and victory.

By...what logic is that?  No I wouldn't be ok with him celebrating if they lost on a last second field goal.  I meant if he threw 3 tds yesterday, they scored 21 more points than they did and blew the doors off Detroit.  Apologies for not making myself clear.

Yes, he was celebrating a team win and I'm not going to deny the fact that he didn't play a part of it as he made some big throws to get Hopkins in place for two field goals.  But quite frankly, the rest of the team wasn't as excited as he was.  I think there was a bit of relief that they got the monkey off their back but the locker room certainly wasn't joyous with a lot of happy smiles.  

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I totally feel you. Same with the im a closer thing. I hope that somehow this attitude of his helped him become great in school and will help him defy himself here. I doubt it. But thats what im rooting for. Otherwise, hes just a jerk. Like maybe he is just really a dick and that not giving a **** about anything makes him better. Dunno. One can hope. But right now hes annoying. 

Still willing to give him a bit of a pass even though I called him a douche yesterday.  He's a young kid that's had his ass kissed since his fancy private school.  It'd be hard not to be a prima donna or a douche or something...but still, it's annoying.  Maybe some teammates set him straight, maybe some coaches do, too.  I just want to see growth in all areas from him.

Not getting my hopes up though.  

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Still willing to give him a bit of a pass even though I called him a douche yesterday.  He's a young kid that's had his ass kissed since his fancy private school.  It'd be hard not to be a prima donna or a douche or something...but still, it's annoying.  Maybe some teammates set him straight, maybe some coaches do, too.  I just want to see growth in all areas from him.

Not getting my hopes up though.  

I would be so upset if my kids acted like him. But at the same time I thought I wanted my kids to act like Robert Griffin and he was not only a cornball he was a fake cornball. So honesty his behavior for him at this point means nothing if hes not breaking the law. He is such a douche bag though. Its hard to ignore it lol. Its even amusing. He reminds me of the rich kids in PG that always thought they were better than me. Hes every black dude from PG whose parent made over 200k total income and I ****ing love it lol. 

But also I hate it and i dont give a damn if he starts to string the wins. He is not going to win on this team much this season though. So I can see me hating his ass by the time his contract is up. 

Deshaun Watson had an incredible answer to what could be perceived as a dumb local media question a month or two ago (maybe someone can link it, don't have access to Twitter right now at work)...let's hope Haskins grows into that type of leader and communicator.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I would be so upset if my kids acted like him. But at the same time I thought I wanted my kids to act like Robert Griffin and he was not only a cornball he was a fake cornball. So honesty his behavior for him at this point means nothing if hes not breaking the law. He is such a douche bag though. Its hard to ignore it lol. Its even amusing. He reminds me of the rich kids in PG that always thought they were better than me. Hes every black dude from PG whose parent made over 200k total income and I ****ing love it lol. 

But also I hate it and i dont give a damn if he starts to string the wins. He is not going to win on this team much this season though. So I can see me hating his ass by the time his contract is up. 

Man, sounds like there's a story in here :ols:

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Man, sounds like there's a story in here :ols:

Bruh lol. Have you EVER meet a young, humble brotha from PG that came from money? Cause I havent. I used to clown these types of kids through high school for sport. Yall think I can get indignant here? I went to school when shooting each other wasnt a thing and I made alot of friends (so I had numbers). I had the smartest mouth. And all I wanted to do with it was talk **** to dudes like Haskins. I was really the worst kind of person. Still am but there are rules here

Of course I dont know Haskins, but I know dudes that (I think) are like them and even to this day I hold so so so much animosity toward that character type/trait lol

This is what happens when your stupid ass, loser of an owner, and his puppet President hand picks the QB. I really hope I'm wrong about Haskins but what I see so far looks like a total bust. Jason Campbell was not this bad, not even close to this bad. Had we had a competent QB yesterday we win that game easily. Gruden was 100% dead on about Haskins. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

@Ricky Tan is good people. But apart from that, nah, not very many

Some cats straight up reminded me of Carlton:ols:

Oh this conversation gets so much deeper. Ill table it for now but remind me to bring it up with you later in the tailgate. The short version is I think the problem is the way people (all) value money over other people mixed with new generational wealth being achieved. 

But this has nothing to do with Redskins or Haskins at this point so ill say we done messed up and get us back on track. 

1 minute ago, Alexa said:

This is what happens when your stupid ass, loser of an owner, and his puppet President hand picks the QB. I really hope I'm wrong about Haskins but what I see so far looks like a total bust. Jason Campbell was not this bad, not even close to this bad. Had we had a competent QB yesterday we win that game easily. Gruden was 100% dead on about Haskins. 

JC had a much better team, QBs were expected to do much less in his time, and he had a defense that allowed him to just try and manage the game. He also had Gibs. You cant even compare the dudes really. 

But ill argue that JC had less than a quarter of the talent as Haskins. I dont know how to judge it really, but just looking at them Haskins tries so many passes I never saw JC even attempt. 

The fact that Haskins has no particular desire to enable or placate our horrible, useless beltway media is a huge plus.  Any moment you spend in your life considering the opinions of the Sports Junkies or their ilk is a moment of life you have given to the abyss.  Many among us would be wise to consider emulating his approach.

And a child shall lead them...

This was always one of my favorite Theismann moments, and what happened with the selfie made me immediately think of this. NFC Championship game basically over. Skins basically just have to kneel one more time to effectively end the game. Meanwhile, Charlie Brown is out there celebrating near midfield. Joe goes out and grabs him pretty intently and brings him back to the huddle to do what needs to be done. THEN you can celebrate. That's the kind of mentality this kid needs to develop fast. There's a lot about Haskins I like so far, and I think what happened with the selfie was less a "look at me" kind of moment and more about the joy of finally getting a win. Still, if he does end up a bust, this will be the moment they always talk about. Hopefully it can become a comical footnote instead. 

Anyway, Joey T knew how to lead a ****ing team. 

Go to about 2:06:37 if the link doesn't already lead there. 

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The fact that Haskins has no particular desire to enable or placate our horrible, useless beltway media is a huge plus.  Any moment you spend in your life considering the opinions of the Sports Junkies or their ilk is a moment of life you have given to the abyss.  Many among us would be wise to consider emulating his approach.

And a child shall lead them...

Yea thats what im hoping is happening. He really just dosnt give a **** about us, our opinions, or existence in general. As long as he wants to win and does im fine with the rest of it. I just hope he does it. 

As usual you say it better 

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

It was one guy on the Junkies.  I'm not talking about shock jock radio hosts, I'm talking about the actual beat reporters who cover the team.  No one has trashed his character.  

And I have zero issue with the selfie.  I just figured it was a rookie's first win and he was caught up in the moment.  I knew people would blow it out of proportion.  But it was the post game presser, IMO, that made it way worse than it needed to be.  He was a douchebag with a capital "D" for absolutely no reason.  

im on mobile, but look at what @Llevron posted right after u. There is a growing list of things SOME in the local media have gone in on regarding haskins. 

someone even had a issue about what time he arrived at fed ex yesterday. There’s a crazy microscope on the kid. 

Archived