Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

14 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

If DH is so bad and conceding that the entire team is a cluster****, wouldn’t  a reasonable thought be to let Haskins get the **** kicked out of him while they (hopefully) get the circus straightened out before bringing in another qb to ruin?

They’re not winning anytime soon, make DH the sacrificial lamb.

A voice of reason. And let's not forget, the line and most of this team sucked before DH took his first snap. I think some are expecting a savior in the depths of hell to pull this team out. He's learning under a poorly organized, poorly coached team and just happens to be inexperienced. It's like climbing a oily mountain.🙄

3 hours ago, joeken24 said:

A voice of reason. And let's not forget, the line and most of this team sucked before DH took his first snap. I think some are expecting a savior in the depths of hell to pull this team out. He's learning under a poorly organized, poorly coached team and just happens to be inexperienced. It's like climbing a oily mountain.🙄

Exactly the team beat the Dolphins without Haskins in there and to be fair the Dolphins handed the Skins that game by playing Rosen for 3 quarters. People act like this team was a well oiled machine before Haskins took over. Lol 

14 hours ago, Daniel.redskins said:

If we have a chance for Burrow, we have to take him.  But in all likelihood, he will be a Bengal.  I like Haskins better than anyone else.  Tua has injury concerns.  Herbert will be great for a team that has the supporting cast, like Tennessee or Tampa Bay.  Not here.  I say we trade back the second pick for more selections and build around Haskins.  Draft heavy in OL and TE.  I like the WRs we have.  I'd like to have TL and Harmon starting with PR at slot.  Quinn and the two Sims will be fine as backups.  Repair the secondary in free agency.  Hail!  

I like Burrow myself.

It starts with Burrow, but they need an awful lot more help. O-line and better coaching all around, and hopefully a dismissal of Bruce Allen just to remove that crusty funk cloud that has blanketed the organization.

Once Allen is gone, { crossing my fingers and praying every day } and hopefully a competent GM can take over, and things will begin turning around for the better.

Some days I wake up thinking there's no hope, and others, I wonder what it will be like to have him gone and a competent group of people taking this team over.

Dre-e-e-e-eams, dreams dreams dreams...

51 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Jez O man guys. The kids obviously a bust. Hes had 3 whole starts already. We're packed with talent and have incredible coaching and the kid obviously cant pull it all together. 

Next!

Ya know, the more I think about it the more I actually think he is the perfect type of guy for this team as it is currently constructed. 

We need ALOT of work on both sides of the ball. Wont really be ready to compete for anything unless something dramatic changes. He can get starts and not really have much pressure to succeed immediately at the same time. That wouldn't happen in a better org. Not that that is desirable, but its where we are. 

Also I feel like hes the cerebral type of player who needs to know exactly what he can and cannot do to be successful....I know he at least thinks he is and is aiming for that, so growth is expected and experience is super needed. Not just because he doesn't have much, but because he can and plans to take advantage of it.   

And this give us the advantage of building a roster around an immobile, inexperienced QB. So if we can make it good enough that even he should be able to run it we can replace him easily too. Or if he doesnt work out, we know before his contract is up and we really have to pay him.

We just have to be patient. Which I know is not something Skins fans really wanna do anymore.  

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Ya know, the more I think about it the more I actually think he is the perfect type of guy for this team as it is currently constructed. 

We need ALOT of work on both sides of the ball. Wont really be ready to compete for anything unless something dramatic changes. He can get starts and not really have much pressure to succeed immediately at the same time. That wouldn't happen in a better org. Not that that is desirable, but its where we are. 

Also I feel like hes the cerebral type of player who needs to know exactly what he can and cannot do to be successful....I know he at least thinks he is and is aiming for that, so growth is expected and experience is super needed. Not just because he doesn't have much, but because he can and plans to take advantage of it.   

And this give us the advantage of building a roster around an immobile, inexperienced QB. So if we can make it good enough that even he should be able to run it we can replace him easily too. Or if he doesnt work out, we know before his contract is up and we really have to pay him.

We just have to be patient. Which I know is not something Skins fans really wanna do anymore.  

If he can hang in there for a year or two, while we improve the offense around him, he'll be a tough SOB and command respect from his teammates for sure. He isnt playing scared, doesn't look lost, seems to think he should be there. What the hell? Let him start and play. I'm pretty happy with him. 

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

If he can hang in there for a year or two, while we improve the offense around him, he'll be a tough SOB and command respect from his teammates for sure. He isnt playing scared, doesn't look lost, seems to think he should be there. What the hell? Let him start and play. I'm pretty happy with him. 

If he is as bad as people are saying he is he can only get better. And if he doesnt, we can build the team around him and then go get another guy who we can then focus our efforts on. Its alot easier to learn to be a QB if you are on a team like the Chiefs with a guy like Andy helping you then to learn to be a QB on a team like the Redskins with a guy like (enter name here) helping you. 

And i personally think you have a better chance building a solid team and then putting any QB in it than finding the chosen one at QB anyway. 

And between you and me, I do like him. Though he hasnt really impressed. But if someone has to be in the position, I would prefer it to be a guy whose NOT there yet growing with us, then a guy who is there and we are holding him back (see Kirk Cousins) 

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

This song comes to mind reading that (NSFW lyrics)

On 11/20/2019 at 12:02 AM, CowboyKillerz said:

The next poster who types bust should take a self imposed ban. This forum is unreadable with the same post reiterated every 5 mins. You want a golden star? Stfu already geezus Christ! You are not "right" you are not a qb guru... And as of now you arent even rooting for your team; rather against them and hang on only negatives. Haskins faced a stout D and the line/ rbs did little to protect- he looked lost at times and  also flashed. The later being something we ALL should want to see. If anyone thought this 1 year ncaa starter would step foot on the field vs the nyj D and break records- oh wait, not a single person said anyhting close to that. Nor were those the expectations. He is raw. And is trying to build on each week. Ya, the floor is below the basement, but there IS positives. God I wish the pukes gave up on Aikman as fast as this fan base is with DH... Maybe they dont dominate the majority of the 90s. :puke:

Progress. Each week. Kevin please be more creative. Calli please allow this. Lets work on blocking calls at the line... Lets improve that. Lets see more of that 40 yard dime to McScoarchn.. Lets see more dump offs to Guice.. Lets attack wraknesses. 

Harmon and Guice had some nice plays- I like that.  

Im even ok with the L... That much closer to Young! 

Thanks to the posters who have been level headed and analytical. The good the bad and the ugly. Thoughtful breakdowns are a good read for me... The smear campaign is so tiresome though, and any valid points lost in the back and forth about NOTHING.

*All the hurt feelings... Go pollute social media with that mess SOB

What's up man? How's my buddy doing? I still like you. Always will.  Your name won me over as you already know. How's that Josh Norman thing looking between you and me? You still think he is the best on the team or all pro or what ever you said that made him out to be wonderful. You know you did so no qualifying ( yea but he is good at zone or some other?? ) retort will do. He is a detriment all the way around. I'll leave Haskins out of this for now between you and me but the same can be said. I know it'd hard to admit. I get it. If you do since it's true I will appreciate your opinion even more. Not that it should matter what I think of course. But for further comparisons and discussions in the future i will have a tad more respect. Not it matters of course. 

So Craig Hoffman was on the junkies this morning and he was talking about Haskins's mistakes. He particularly mentioned the (first) drive where he went to Hentges who was the 4th option on the play over the first 3 options who were all open and called that a mistake (I'm thinking he was stressing it as a mistake showing his poor play). 

I wanted to comment on this in two realms. 

- first, does anyone have the All 22 film of this play because I do wonder how open they were and how quickly Hasking checked down from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 and sent it to Hentges. 

- second, I was wondering how open Hentges was. I know the play got no yards which means that he was probably covered. But was there room for extra yards if he beat his man? 

One thing I think we've all been saying is that if he had a receiving back or a TE who could catch it would take some pressure off him. And part of me thinks that he was trying to turn Hentges and Sprinkle into just that. Its like, they're on the field so why not use them? I mean this is the first time I've seen targets to Hentges, Sprinkle and Burton. Maybe the thought is that if he can get those guys involved early it takes some pressure off the other guys and builds their confidence. Hentges apparently has soft hands ands was tearing it up in Colts camp this offseason so could develop into a good TE for us. 

And again, maybe thats a mistake on the read but I care less about what the "right" read was, and the possibilities on the read he made. I think about the INT to Quinn which people (Hoffman in particular) say was on both Quinn and Haskins - Haskins because he missed an open McLaurin or Harmon on the outside. I'd agree that the play he missed could have been bigger but the play was there for Quinn if he doesn't move after the throw is made. And it was probably an easier throw than the outside throw. 

I'm not trying to neglect what Hoffman is doing, but I'm sure if he were to talk to the player about the decision (like the coaches do in film review) we'd get more of a conversation about what he was thinking on that play. And this was my problem with Cooley's film reviews back in the day. They offered insight into guys like me but they make assumptions on what the mistakes were and what he did wrong. Thats why Norman fought back so hard after that (I think it was the Saints) game last year. 

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

And between you and me, I do like him. Though he hasnt really impressed. But if someone has to be in the position, I would prefer it to be a guy whose NOT there yet growing with us, then a guy who is there and we are holding him back (see Kirk Cousins) 

I kinda like him. I think he could be pretty good when he adjusts to the pro level.

If growing pains are what make a young player better, than DH, Guise and the Sauce (or whatever were calling Mclaurin) are going to be hall of fame mfers

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

So Craig Hoffman was on the junkies this morning and he was talking about Haskins's mistakes. He particularly mentioned the (first) drive where he went to Hentges who was the 4th option on the play over the first 3 options who were all open and called that a mistake (I'm thinking he was stressing it as a mistake showing his poor play). 

- first, does anyone have the All 22 film of this play because I do wonder how open they were and how quickly Hasking checked down from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 and sent it to Hentges. 

- second, I was wondering how open Hentges was. I know the play got no yards which means that he was probably covered. But was there room for extra yards if he beat his man? 

One thing I think we've all been saying is that if he had a receiving back or a TE who could catch it would take some pressure off him. And part of me thinks that he was trying to turn Hentges and Sprinkle into just that. Its like, they're on the field so why not use them? I mean this is the first time I've seen targets to Hentges, Sprinkle and Burton. Maybe the thought is that if he can get those guys involved early it takes some pressure off the other guys and builds their confidence. Hentges apparently has soft hands ands was tearing it up in Colts camp this offseason so could develop into a good TE for us. 

And again, maybe thats a mistake on the read but I care less about what the "right" read was, and the possibilities on the read he made. I think about the INT to Quinn which people (Hoffman in particular) say was on both Quinn and Haskins - Haskins because he missed an open McLaurin or Harmon on the outside. I'd agree that the play he missed could have been bigger but the play was there for Quinn if he doesn't move after the throw is made. And it was probably an easier throw than the outside throw. 

I'm not trying to neglect what Hoffman is doing, but I'm sure if he were to talk to the player about the decision (like the coaches do in film review) we'd get more of a conversation about what he was thinking on that play. And this was my problem with Cooley's film reviews back in the day. They offered insight into guys like me but they make assumptions on what the mistakes were and what he did wrong. Thats why Norman fought back so hard after that (I think it was the Saints) game last year. 

Hey man. Any pro player should be able to do what you say they can't do or he doesn't have. He has it and they can do it. Haskins can't do it but every now again. He's not terrible but he isn't good or a  starting QB. A backup? Maybe. But to suggest he will take a team to the playoffs is ridiculous. Unless of course he can play with the 86 Bears or the 2000 Ravens. Ok maybe not ridiculous but wishful thinking is probably better

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I kinda like him. I think he could be pretty good when he adjusts to the pro level.

If growing pains are what make a young player better, than DH, Guise and the Sauce (or whatever were calling Mclaurin) are going to be hall of fame mfers

That is because Guice and McLaurin are legit. They pass the eye test which is the best of all test. Haskins should be lighting it up with Mclaurin and he is the reason Haskins will have 3 or 4 completions before it just stalls. Consistency he will never have. Completing passes consistency that is.

10 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

Hey man. Any pro player should be able to do what you say they can't do or he doesn't have. He has it and they can do it. Haskins can't do it but every now again. He's not terrible but he isn't good or a  starting QB. A backup? Maybe. But to suggest he will take a team to the playoffs is ridiculous. Unless of course he can play with the 86 Bears or the 2000 Ravens. 

Haskins is 22 years old.  Why are we calling his entire career based on a couple starts?  He doesnt have to lead a to a playoff berth this very moment, this team is 1-9 and getting eliminated in a couple days.

11 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

Hey man. Any pro player should be able to do what you say they can't do or he doesn't have. He has it and they can do it. Haskins can't do it but every now again. He's not terrible but he isn't good or a  starting QB. A backup? Maybe. But to suggest he will take a team to the playoffs is ridiculous. Unless of course he can play with the 86 Bears or the 2000 Ravens. 

Whatever you say. 

I'll keep watching games and analyzing them. 

43 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I think this is the play.  if the timestamp doesn't go there, it's 2:43 into the video.  TL;DR I think Hoffman is full of it.

Harmon's route would not make it the 1st read.  He glances over there early, but I think that's more of a, "shift defenses over, and maybe see if there's a total coverage breakdown".  But Harmon's route breaks fairly late, it seems to be a 14 yard Out Route, and by the time he makes his break and looks to see if the ball is there, it's already out of Haskins hand.  He's got Adams in coverage playing way over the top of Harmon, and he slowly lets Harmon eat up the cushion as Adams is ready to move on Harmon's break.  I seriously doubt that was an actual Read #1 for the offense.

When doing reads, your eyes, footwork, etc move in one direction usually.  Center to either side, or left side to center to right side, or vice versa, or in the 7 step drop game, high to low.

If he thinks Harmon is Read #1, and that Hentges was the 4th option...then Read #2 would have to be either the RB or Sprinkle.  But that doesn't make sense either.  Sprinkle comes across to lay a trap block on the DE who had been chipped by Hentges.  So that's not him.  There's no way he thinks it's the RB.  It's a playfake with the handoff, and then the RB slowly leaks out to the flat on that side.  The playfake does it's job and sucks up 3 defenders in run support.  The RB's job is successfully done at that point, and for Haskins to even think the RB would be a viable #2 option with 3 defenders sucked up on the run fake...would be baffling.

I think the actual first read was McLaurin.  Now here I think McLaurin has a window where he's open, and Haskins could have thrown it.  Haskins looks his way, does a beat for a read, and IMO, should have thrown it low to McLaurin so he could have caught it and gotten down before the safety lays the wood.  But he doesn't, he shifts off of that to Hentges.

So what's the reason he did that?  This is one of the first few passing plays of the game, it is The First passing play the Redskins have had with less than 10 yards to go for a 1st down.  This is early enough that this play would have been scripted and rehearsed.  The coaches must have seen something on film that the Jets did, where the corner follows that receiver on a route when he sees the only other option on that side, engage with the DE.

My guess is that the reads and progressions had been practiced over and over, and that ball was designed to go to Hentges, because they thought they saw on film, he'd have an easy catch and run.  Problems.  The corner takes a step to follow McLaurin, but sees Hentges disengage with the DE and go out for a route.  So what could have been done to get the corner to follow McLaurin and miss that the TE was not blocking anymore?  I don't know.

Bullock was indicating that was mostly on Quinn.  Once Quinn makes eye contact with Haskins, he's supposed to be committed to that spot as him "finding the soft spot in the zone".  There wasn't much of a soft spot, but the throw went right where Quinn was, but since Quinn moved as Haskins threw, it looked way off target.  If it was a completion, it would have been a 4 or 5 yard gain.  Which is "ok" I suppose for 1st down.

I think the next read would've been Harmon, who would have had a much easier completion, possibly even YAC opportunity.  McLaurin and Sprinkle were not remotely open.  So what's Haskins thinking here, is he thinking his guys are struggling to separate, and so he's got to fit it into tight windows to move the ball?  If so, that's why he pulled the trigger on Quinn.  Is he thinking he doesn't have time and he can't go through all of the reads?  I doubt it, the o-line had been blocking well at that point in the game.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Haskins is 22 years old.  Why are we calling his entire career based on a couple starts?  He doesnt have to lead a to a playoff berth this very moment, this team is 1-9 and getting eliminated in a couple days.

Yea and yea Haskins won't ever get us there either.

1 hour ago, Thinking Skins said:

Whatever you say. 

I'll keep watching games and analyzing them. 

What ever I say. I concur.

18 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

Yea and yea Haskins won't ever get us there either.

What's the point of this level of skepticism?  Like the alternative is what, throwing someone else into this cluster****?  Even if you right, which I dont believe you are, the next guy will float too. You'll float too!!!

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

What's the point of this level of skepticism?  Like the alternative is what, throwing someone else into this cluster****?  Even if you right, which I dont believe you are, the next guy will float too. You'll float too!!!

He will never amount to anything as a QB who will compete to win games for us. That’s without a doubt. However, the Redskins are actually maximizing his value right now. The value difference between the 2nd overall pick and the 6th overall pick is greater than the 15th overall pick. So by starting Haskins, we are guaranteeing we will secure the 2nd or first overall pick and making the waste on his pick a wash. In a lost season, that’s best case scenario.

So his complete worthlessness in competing and winning games at the NFL level, is in fact a valued asset at the moment. And you guys thought I couldn’t say anything nice about him. 

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He will never amount to anything as a QB who will compete to win games for us. That’s without a doubt. However, the Redskins are actually maximizing his value right now. The value difference between the 2nd overall pick and the 6th overall pick is greater than the 15th overall pick. So by starting Haskins, we are guaranteeing we will secure the 2nd or first overall pick and making the waste on his pick a wash. In a lost season, that’s best case scenario.

So his complete worthlessness in competing and winning games at the NFL level, is in fact a valued asset at the moment. And you guys thought I couldn’t say anything nice about him. 

Did Haskins flag you on the bus during middle school?

5 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Did Haskins flag you on the bus during middle school?

SoCal's nephew had a strong chance at winning the Redskins' QB job before Haskins came in, and still has a chance to win it if Haskins leaves. I can't blame him for being biased towards family. If not for family, who WOULD support Josh Woodrum?

3 hours ago, Sonny9TD said:

What's up man? How's my buddy doing? I still like you. Always will.  Your name won me over as you already know. How's that Josh Norman thing looking between you and me? You still think he is the best on the team or all pro or what ever you said that made him out to be wonderful. You know you did so no qualifying ( yea but he is good at zone or some other?? ) retort will do. He is a detriment all the way around. I'll leave Haskins out of this for now between you and me but the same can be said. I know it'd hard to admit. I get it. If you do since it's true I will appreciate your opinion even more. Not that it should matter what I think of course. But for further comparisons and discussions in the future i will have a tad more respect. Not it matters of course. 

Not sure you know me.... Are you from TheHogs.Net??? 

JNo? Maaaaan... He did ok year 1... And has been on the elevator to hell as of late. I think he may still be hurt? Or has aged FAST. At any rate he is sucking the big ass! He is good at punching balls, and thats about it... I had hoped he would play up to his dollar value- havent we all? Sure, there have been some miscommunications- but we cant blame the "help" over and over each weekend. He has regressed... And trully never was a shut down corner like Ramsey. We def need to move on from his bull jumpn ass- and if we are going to pay some one might as well pay Chris Harris from the broncos or someone worth it.

Haskins on the other hand is growing each week... Love itbor hate it- its true. He is young and raw af.

For all those wishing him the worst; we know how this ends. We cut him. He sits behind Brady... And becomes the next GOAT. We keep him and fans push him out... Thus becoming Kurt Grossmanm :D

Whatever Haskins does for the rest of this season, I simply hopes he survives unscathed injury wise and that his confidence is not diminished. The physical part will improve with more playing time. Please don't call a bunch of RPOs just to try to win a couple of games. Save that for next year. He needs to play every down for the remainder of this season and have specific things to work on for each game. Winning at this point is secondary. The team in general  should do a bunch of stuff just to have some fun; double reverses, flea flickers, fake punts, you name it. This season is toast, might as well enjoy it.

Archived