Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

It's pathetic that folks are writing this dude off after 2 starts.  He's in an AWFUL situation with a lame-duck coaching staff, lack of talent all around him, and just a lack of overall stability from the front office. 

By all means complain away if he looks bad at this point next year (assuming he's the unquestioned #1 going into next year.)  However, all of this vitriol towards Haskins is entirely premature. 

I wasn’t a huge fan of the draft pick, but I’m amazed at how many people are completely (and, IMO, purposefully) oblivious to just how awful our WR corps (save McLauren) was throughout the game. There were a lot of dropped passes (and an interception due to a receiver failing to sit in the zone), mistakes magnified by the fact that we have a rookie trying to build trust with said receivers. Worse yet, Haskins had rushers in his face before he had finished his drop. He still seemed much improved by the fourth quarter, though far from great. This was a game to build on, and for the folks perpetually wanting the team to tank and start over-this is what it looks like.

This option probably isn't new, but IMO the only reason why they went with Haskins at 15 is because the guy is local and would help in marketing the team to the fans.  The head coach at the time didn't want him and the head coach now probably doesn't how to use him at all.  I don't hate Haskins, but the road to any type of success is probably a lot of years away.

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

And I can only conclude from that you have no realism/ patience on a 1-year college starter/ 2 game pro starter. On a bad team to begin with no TE help, only one competent receiver and a poor O-line without its all-pro LT who has **** all over his teammates, coaches and every last Redskin fan out there. 

What more exactly where you expecting from him?

Hail. 

Against a team that was 2-7?  More then 60 total yards of offense in the 1st half and more then 99 total yards up until the near the end of the 3rd quarter.  The guy looks awful, and that is real.  Not the fantasy you're living in.  When there are other rookie QBs taken in later rds actually winning games and showing promise it doesn't look good.  

But hey keep living in your dream world.  Maybe Haskins will be the unicorn you hope he is.  

He's in the steepest uphill battle that a QB could be in.  There's no direction now, and none in sight.  You draft a "raw" but talented QB like this with the idea that you'll groom him.  He's got no starting QB to learn behind, they fired the coach that wasn't in love with him anyway, the interim coach took a few weeks to commit to him, I mean it's just awful everywhere for this guy.

This team is rock bottom worse than I think I've ever seen a team go rock bottom.  0-16 lions or whatever got nothing on us.  Bad teams talk about blowing it up.  We are the team that has to go nuclear.  Im afraid I don't see Haskins succeeding in whatever transition we do, but then again , it could make sense to "tank" with him for a couple years?  I feel terrible saying that.  I feel bad for the guy, but don't hate on him, hate on the nonsense around him.

20 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

I wasn’t a huge fan of the draft pick, but I’m amazed at how many people are completely (and, IMO, purposefully) oblivious to just how awful our WR corps (save McLauren) was throughout the game. There were a lot of dropped passes (and an interception due to a receiver failing to sit in the zone), mistakes magnified by the fact that we have a rookie trying to build trust with said receivers. Worse yet, Haskins had rushers in his face before he had finished his drop. He still seemed much improved by the fourth quarter, though far from great. This was a game to build on, and for the folks perpetually wanting the team to tank and start over-this is what it looks like.

I’m more concerned over just how bad our TE group is. The fact that there’s such a gap between 61 year old Vernon Davis and anyone else is alarming. It’s too bad the draft is TE weak. I’d like to see us take a flier on someone like Jake Butt.

27 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

It's pathetic that folks are writing this dude off after 2 starts.  He's in an AWFUL situation with a lame-duck coaching staff, lack of talent all around him, and just a lack of overall stability from the front office. 

By all means complain away if he looks bad at this point next year (assuming he's the unquestioned #1 going into next year.)  However, all of this vitriol towards Haskins is entirely premature. 

The problem with Haskins is his feet and throwing mechanics are TERRIBLE.  Stuff that should have been sorted in college we’re doing now in the NFL.  The NFL is not where this stuff should be sorted, this could take years, 

14 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

The problem with Haskins is his feet and throwing mechanics are TERRIBLE.  Stuff that should have been sorted in college we’re doing now in the NFL.  The NFL is not where this stuff should be sorted, this could take years, 

Would have loved to see your take on Peyton Manning during his rookie year. 

All jokes aside, look at the work Lamar Jackson put in between his rookie year and what we see now. 

Writing a guy off after 2 starts and being THIS worried that no progress will be made in his development is laughable. 

Like I said, if he's struggling at this point next year, but all means criticize.  Right now?  COMPLETELY off-base considering the circumstances. 

33 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Too many times I’ve seen Peyton Manning’s rookie year brought into the conversation about Dwayne. 

While Manning threw a lot of picks, he still looked the part.  He never looked anything like Dwayne has looked to this point.

That’s nothing against Haskins, but the Manning comparisons are wild to me.

People overblow Mannings picks his rookie year. He threw for a ton of yards and was actually pretty good, but was super aggressive because his team was bad so he threw a lotta picks. But he was the real deal from the getgo. 

1) he didn’t play that bad. I actually like a lot of the looks he made and how he tried to read his routez

2)him talking tot he oline was great. Dc hasn’t had heart in this football team in years. Give me the leader. Give me a guy who won’t settle for less. I just became a fan of his

34 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

1) he didn’t play that bad. I actually like a lot of the looks he made and how he tried to read his routez

2)him talking tot he oline was great. Dc hasn’t had heart in this football team in years. Give me the leader. Give me a guy who won’t settle for less. I just became a fan of his

Im with you on number 2.  If Haskins is the one messing up by not making the correct adjustments at the line, thats one thing.  But if a center is repeatedly ****ing up with low snaps, they're getting dumb holding calls at really inopportune times, and they are failing to open up lanes in the running game -- then they need to be talked to.  **** those guys with the look of disbelief on their faces for being yelled at.  We're ****ing 2-8, getting blown out by Jets -- and they wanna act like everything is all good, business as normal?  Well maybe it is business as normal -- and that's the whole problem.  Guys coming in from Alabama and Ohio State, are not used to losing like this,m and probably are looking around at all their teammates like how the hell you guys just accepting this??

If anyone doesnt like Haskins doing this -- tough ****.  Veterans on a losing team gotta understand they aint got the right to be respected.  When your NFL experience consists of a few winning seasons, then okay you got the right to look sideways at a rookie who's mouthing off to you.  But until then shut the **** up and listen -- that rookie might know more about winning than your perennial loser-ass.

Also Haskins has consistently taken criticism, back to his days at OSU, for not being a vocal leader.  Well this is what vocal leadership looks like.  Talk about damned if you do, damned if you dont.  Haskins made a couple strong throws in the face of pressure -- I dont think he was really what was wrong with the offense today.  The O-line simply put in one of its poorer perfomances this year.  At least they usually open up some running lanes, this game they really didnt do ****.   

@HTTRDynasty

Did we run play action more than three or four times today.  Maybe you know.  I swear it works, if I was a offensive coordinator it would be my bread and butter.  You consistently trick a defense with it.  Run it on first down sometimes for goodness sakes.  Don’t get me started.  I swear I need a podcast to express all my frustrations with this team....

Totally morning after take, but IMO so many of our issues stem from where it all begins- the O line. That group has to act as one, choreographed hive mind kinda **** and we're not seeing it. You went and took THE best guy in the group, the bedrock top tier vet and treated him like a small pile of dog**** and then turned around and tried to put it all on him. The way Trent has been handled (manhandled?) by the FO has had an effect on the linemen and tbh I'm not surprised one iota. Scherff looks like he's trying to play his way off the roster, the rest are thinking "Dafuq? I'm not dying on this hill", the whole thing comes unraveled. What is Callahan supposed to do? Tell these guys "Pay no attention to that Allen behind the curtain?" The whole roster is suffering from the ineptitude and malevolence of LilDan's henchman, and so we throw Haskins to the wolves and make THAT his fault? C'mon people, I give the kid credit for even suiting up in this disaster and not pulling a hammy at home with vice grips.

So I havent really changed my mind that - thats not how you talk to people to get results when it comes to Haskins and the Oline. But I read someone say in here that they need someone to dig in that ass and get them going and I can agree with that. The media people who seem to know the team and have no problem criticizing haskins also seem to think its not a big deal at all. So ill assume im probably off base here. My office style communication skills would probably mean exactly **** on a football field. But then im not allowed to cure at people in my office and damn would that change some things lol

Archived