Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Russell said just now its not a well kept secret and everyone who covers the team knows that there are some in that building that don't believe Haskins has what it takes.  Clearly, there are also some in the building who do buy in.

That's part of the reason why I want Haskins to play.  I am not sold on Haskins, not opposed to him either.  But I hate the narrative that the building is divided about Haskins.  They have to figure this out considering they might be in position to take Tua or whomever.

I get the idea of just ride Haskins no matter what.  I'd agree if everyone at Redskins Park is sold but if there is some divide, then settle that divide.  

I got some serious consternation on this.  If they can get draft Chase Young, I want him.  If he's gone and Tua is there I'd prefer to trade down if everyone in that building is all on an Haskins.  But if they aren't then take IMO Tua.  Hopefully we see more flashes from Haskins and the whole topic becomes moot. I think Buffalo was a decent start.

That's why we need to get out of the way of knowing if we have something in haskins..I just want to get a qb or whoever it is that gets terrymthegem the ball and start winning games for that young man..I feel awful for him..I love that the skins drafted him and he plays for my favorite team but ya kinda wish the dude would have been drafted by a team with actually good culture.

The Skins front office needs to do what AZ did with Josh Rosen and trade Haskins and draft a top QB in this years draft.  Either that or trade down and pick up as many picks as they possibly can a draft other positions of need, get younger everywhere on our team and maybe get into position to draft Trevor Lawson next year.  

If we can't get anything decent for Haskins then keep him and hopefully he can be trade bate later or atleast a decent 2nd string QB.  I never liked him coming out of the draft.  

You can almost see the story being written.

Callahan doesn't want Haskins to play, because he wants to win now for his next gig, not set out on a 2 year project. Callahan is the decider. So Case will play between injuries and we'll eek out a few wins, just enough to miss out on the top QBs in this draft. And then our coach next year won't want to take on a project, and we will be stuck with Hoyer or Fitzpatrick next fall.  Good enough to ruin our draft position of course. Bruce late to the party will ask too much for Haskins in a feeble copy cat of Arizona trade attempt, and dissension in the room over Haskins will divide our front office until the spring of 21.

Mara and the boys will then feel compelled to intervene.  Our front offense cannot even form a consensus on what QB we want, which remains at the root of our organizational dysfunction.

On 11/4/2019 at 12:32 PM, veteranskinsfan said:

Brandon Allen looked good yesterday for the Broncos.  Other teams do a better job of recognizing quarterback talent and coaching that talent up to be successful.

I do not think Haskins is going to be Jared Goff.   I am worried he will be worse than RGIII.

Did a human just compliment the Broncos for their ability to recognize and coach up QB talent?

1A1CDD47-F52E-403F-BB30-A3278E7968E1.gif

On 11/8/2019 at 4:03 PM, SkinsFanMania said:

and maybe get into position to draft Trevor Lawson next year.  

Trevor Lawson? Who’s that? If you actually follow college football, you’ll know that’s not his last name. Heck, i dont even follow college football and even I know his last name!! :P 😂😂😂 (no offense :P

for the record, it’s Trevor Lawrence :) you’re welcome 

On 11/8/2019 at 10:33 PM, RandyHolt said:

You can almost see the story being written.

Callahan doesn't want Haskins to play, because he wants to win now for his next gig, not set out on a 2 year project. Callahan is the decider. So Case will play between injuries and we'll eek out a few wins, just enough to miss out on the top QBs in this draft. And then our coach next year won't want to take on a project, and we will be stuck with Hoyer or Fitzpatrick next fall.  Good enough to ruin our draft position of course. Bruce late to the party will ask too much for Haskins in a feeble copy cat of Arizona trade attempt, and dissension in the room over Haskins will divide our front office until the spring of 21.

Mara and the boys will then feel compelled to intervene.  Our front offense cannot even form a consensus on what QB we want, which remains at the root of our organizational dysfunction.

Callahan gets to decide is an obvious fallacy, it is clear from the way he has responded to questions that others are involved in that decision. Snyder fired his coach why would he let an interim coach make that decision?  A few more press conferences Callahan is going to be blinking Morse Code disavowing what he is saying like those prisoners held by the Viet Cong.  I like the strong Bizzaro finish with Mara and company stepping in to help the Skins. 

On 11/8/2019 at 1:09 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Russell said just now its not a well kept secret and everyone who covers the team knows that there are some in that building that don't believe Haskins has what it takes.  Clearly, there are also some in the building who do buy in.

Who leaks this kind of stuff? I don’t see the benefit for that individual doing so. Strange. You’re essentially risking your job to gossip. 

Any idea if this is the norm around the league that doesn’t have a franchise QB?

13 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Who leaks this kind of stuff? I don’t see the benefit for that individual doing so. Strange. You’re essentially risking your job to gossip. 

Any idea if this is the norm around the league that doesn’t have a franchise QB?

It's definitely the norm...anything that involves any level of controversy for any team will have local beat writers looking for info, and "sources" willing to give it to them for one reason or another. And yes, sometimes the info from the sources is exaggerated and even completely false. Whether or not it gets repeated by the media depends on how much they desire to double/triple check the info vs how much they want to be first with the info.

On 11/8/2019 at 12:23 PM, NickyJ said:

You're twisting it so hard that I can't keep up with which agenda you're trying to push. The 6th round pick was the backup you're worried about, or the Super Bowl MVP is the guy coming in cold and needs more starting reps?

I'm echoing the agenda pushed by Louis Riddick, and many others, that the mere thought of playing Haskins in a game was tantamount to Gruden deliberately sabotaging his career.  I also remember Case Keenum getting hurt in that Giants game where Haskins came in as relief.  

7 hours ago, wit33 said:

You got me as for the sources.  But I’ve noticed that when just about everyone who covers the story has a variation of the same story then there is likely to be some smoke to the fire. And the kicker is when Keim (who is conservative on that type of stuff) is in on the story too which he is.

12 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

Callahan gets to decide is an obvious fallacy, it is clear from the way he has responded to questions that others are involved in that decision. Snyder fired his coach why would he let an interim coach make that decision?  A few more press conferences Callahan is going to be blinking Morse Code disavowing what he is saying like those prisoners held by the Viet Cong.  I like the strong Bizzaro finish with Mara and company stepping in to help the Skins. 

post of the day logged.

It was interesting to see you flip flopped on your old school clipboard em stance aka it was best to not play Haskins this year.  Why the change of heart, after such a strong anti-start position? 

39 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

post of the day logged.

It was interesting to see you flip flopped on your old school clipboard em stance aka it was best to not play Haskins this year.  Why the change of heart, after such a strong anti-start position? 

I never wanted him to start right away or rush things and was prepared to see Keenum start for the entire year if it was working, it wasn't.  I now believe the team should play Haskins with a limited set of plays and judge his progress on how well he can execute a modest but growing set of plays, winning is irrelevant I would just like to see progress and develop confidence they have drafted a viable QB and don't need to draft another one in 2020.

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

I'm echoing the agenda pushed by Louis Riddick, and many others, that the mere thought of playing Haskins in a game was tantamount to Gruden deliberately sabotaging his career

Who was Gruden supposed to be playing when Case got injured? Was he supposed to go out and QB himself? He obviously didn't control the roster.

37 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Who was Gruden supposed to be playing when Case got injured? Was he supposed to go out and QB himself? He obviously didn't control the roster.

You'll have to ask Louis Riddick and many others who were offended at the idea that the backup rookie QB would have to come into a game where the starter got hurt.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:32 AM, veteranskinsfan said:

Brandon Allen looked good yesterday for the Broncos.  Other teams do a better job of recognizing quarterback talent and coaching that talent up to be successful.

I do not think Haskins is going to be Jared Goff.   I am worried he will be worse than RGIII.

Sorry to rehash a slightly aged post... BUT, being in the Denver market I have to point out some flaws with this post.

Denvers qb situation has been as bad or worse then ours since Manning.

Now, Brandon Allen DID look solid in his forst start; he also had playmakers making BIG time plays for him. Things like a hand off to Phillip Lindsey that went like 30 yards to the house with some great moves from PL. Be nice if our rbs could get in the endzone some time! Lol

A poor throw to the endzone, that looked like a sure fire INT, was caught for 6. Cortland Sutton bailed him out with an acrobatic catch for the highlight reel. Also, Noah Fant channeled his inner Gronk and went yard on a 10 yard pass- shedding multuple defenders and scoring a 75 yard TD. 

So ya, stat line and score says one thing, but Allen had help from his play makers. Going 12-20 isn't horrible- Granted he DID show some elusiveness and made the Denver O move better then old man Flacco, and made some good reads... But 60% for 193 including 75 yards on a short pass and great run paints a different picture.

Haskins sans 4 playmakers (Reed, Davis, CT... Guice [arguably unproven] Crowder gone) hurts big time.

Furthermore Denver did NOT develop Brandon Allen. He was signed the beginning of Sept... In fact the 2 qbs they ARE developing were deemed less ready then a guy off the street. Yea, Drew Lock hurt his hand in preseason (not as severe as Breezey)- but he is no where in the picture, dispite being fully healed by all accounts. Brett Rypien also drafted this year, is the back-up and apparently less ready then Allen.

So, I see the Broncos in the same conundrum... It takes time to develop a rookie qb, some more then others. We can argue that Haskins wasn't worth the pick, but that ship has sailed. If he can be developed and shines in the future, where we drafted him will be moot. If he fails to NFL, then we whiffed on a(nother) first round pick. Plain and simple. His draft position shouldn't regulate how little of a leash he has or how our patience with the young passer is measured.

Just my $0.02

1 minute ago, ColonialWBSkinsFan said:

Good news, but at least 6 weeks too late... oh well, I'll take it 

Better late then never...who cares how raw he is..if he goes in the first round he should be starting week 1...the days of drafting and sitting players especially in the first round are over 

Archived