Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

50 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Did you guys listen to Callahan's presser or watch the video, or are you grabbing your perceptions only from abbreviated tweets?

who are you even asking this to? I haven’t seen much reaction to the Callahan quote about Haskins.

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

who are you even asking this to? I haven’t seen much reaction to the Callahan quote about Haskins.

"Obviously, I like Haskins coming in earlier and leaving later, but does that lend credence to the 'rumors' that wasn't the case until now?  That's not something Bill had to make mention of but did."

"I think you’re reaching here."

"Is it looking like Haskins didn't care much for his chances under Gruden? "

"Definitely smells that way...to the point that makes you wonder if Bill was the one leaking that info in the first place."

"I’ll tell ya what... Callahan is seemingly pretty ****ing smart. Major step or not, by telling all of us that he basically silences a lot of the talk of “Dwayne must be terrible if he’s not playing” for at least a few weeks."

"Sounds like he’s patting himself between the pack pockets. Cringe-worthy."

"Savvy vet coach move for sure. That’s the first thing I thought."

"So is Colt hurt or is Callahan pretty much turning the page on him as a QB?  Case is hurt I take it?"

"just wondering how Haskins went from a rookie that isn't ready to the official #2 QB in such a quick time"

The reactions above...whether or not that counts as "much", are they from watching the presser or from reading the tweets?

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

"Obviously, I like Haskins coming in earlier and leaving later, but does that lend credence to the 'rumors' that wasn't the case until now?  That's not something Bill had to make mention of but did."

"I think you’re reaching here."

"Is it looking like Haskins didn't care much for his chances under Gruden? "

"Definitely smells that way...to the point that makes you wonder if Bill was the one leaking that info in the first place."

"I’ll tell ya what... Callahan is seemingly pretty ****ing smart. Major step or not, by telling all of us that he basically silences a lot of the talk of “Dwayne must be terrible if he’s not playing” for at least a few weeks."

"Sounds like he’s patting himself between the pack pockets. Cringe-worthy."

"Savvy vet coach move for sure. That’s the first thing I thought."

"So is Colt hurt or is Callahan pretty much turning the page on him as a QB?  Case is hurt I take it?"

"just wondering how Haskins went from a rookie that isn't ready to the official #2 QB in such a quick time"

The reactions above...whether or not that counts as "much", are they from watching the presser or from reading the tweets?

Mine was initially the tweet and followed up by watching the video. I’m not sure why that would change my comment, regardless, though, having seen both.

14 hours ago, KDawg said:

Oh I agree. 100%. But I think it accomplishes exactly what I said above. In general, he’s just a cringy dude

What gives you that impression Coach?

He's come across to me as personable and erudite every time he's spoken over the last week and a half. I've been really impressed with his leadership in front of the camera. 

I got the impression he's a solid, stand-up dude who just tells it like it is. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

Interesting, numbers.   Pressure versus clean pocket.   One of my contentions about Jones is his struggled to play under pressure in college -- yes he stood tall in the pocket but his play mostly stunk in that context.  Though his career is young.  It was always easy to see Eli folded under pressure but wow look that number. 

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 7.49.43 AM.png

41 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

What gives you that impression Coach?

He's come across to me as personable and erudite every time he's spoken over the last week and a half. I've been really impressed with his leadership in front of the camera. 

I got the impression he's a solid, stand-up dude who just tells it like it is. Shrugs. 

Hail. 

Just a read. 

I think he's a very up front and honest dude with his takes, but he's also very careful/selective in how he words things.

Like the Haskins quote. I think he's made some positive strides. But I think Callahan knew what he was doing with the comment regardless. 

Some of his quotes are really kind of obvious. Like answering a question about Jordan Reed last week he said "over time it will define itself". It's just a fancy way of not answering. Or "my system is about attempts" in the run game.

BUT, while I agree some of the stuff he says is cringey... I could envision myself saying similar things. In fact, it's probably a criticism I'd give myself while coaching/talking about my team. 

It's not about what I think about Callahan. Or what you think of him. Or volsmet. What I respect about Callahan is that he is smart about how he approaches what is best for the team. Doesn't care if he's cringey, he doesn't care if people love him for it, doesn't care about perception. He just cares about his team. I do respect the hell out of that. And I really think this was a smart play by him regardless of how any of us look at him.

It's probably the first thing he's done or said that's made me think, "okay. If nothing else, this was a good move to protect the kid. Well done."

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Interesting, numbers.   Pressure versus clean pocket.   One of my contentions about Jones is his struggled to play under pressure in college -- yes he stood tall in the pocket but his play mostly stunk in that context.  Though his career is young.  It was always easy to see Eli folded under pressure but wow look that number. 

Look at Wilson's numbers. Holy crap. So underrated on the east coast, at least.

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wow, those pressure numbers 30's and below are eye opening.

Also, a competent GM would look at that chart and target TW potential trade partners!  LOL

On 10/15/2019 at 12:46 PM, desertbeagle85 said:

Yea because they KNEW Danny got all dressed up for him and was going to go pick him up at 6 instead of waiting own him at 15. You don't have to be a soothsayer to know where Haskins was going to go with Danny all dressed up waiting for the date to happen

1 hour ago, Sonny9TD said:

Yea because they KNEW Danny got all dressed up for him and was going to go pick him up at 6 instead of waiting own him at 15. You don't have to be a soothsayer to know where Haskins was going to go with Danny all dressed up waiting for the date to happen

He's projected going to a number of other teams that picked ahead of Washington. So not really sure what you're talking about. 

6 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

He's projected going to a number of other teams that picked ahead of Washington. So not really sure what you're talking about. 

That was just that speculation that teams needing a QB would draft him but they didn't. The professionals who draft other than their owners passed. Plus those same people say that about QBs who wash out on a constant basis. What they think is their opinion who get it wrong often. Not the ones drafting other than a ridiculous owner taking over.  Drew Lock was speculated too. Where did he go? Projected didn't mean squat now did it? Haskins was a mistake pure and simple. But let's let his play do the talking when ever he can get on the field

5 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

That was just that speculation that teams needing a QB would draft him but they didn't. The professionals who draft other than their owners passed. Plus those same people say that about QBs who wash out on a constant basis. What they think is their opinion not the ones drafting other than a ridiculous owner taking over

Like I've already said he was rated the number 2 QB taken off the board for a number of people. He was projected in the 1st no matter what. Could he be a bust. Yes, will he who knows. Everyone was ready to name Baker Mayfield the next Brett Favre. How's he doing this year?

Point is we won't know until he plays. 

4 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

Yea sounds good to me

I think at this point everyone is ready for him to start and thinks he should. Except of course our wonderful organization. Personally I don't believe any QB we draft has a high chance at succeeding on this team with this organization. So I'm not sure it matters who the Skins draft. This team I believe is the worst ran team of all professional sports. Sad 

31 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

I think at this point everyone is ready for him to start and thinks he should. Except of course our wonderful organization. Personally I don't believe any QB we draft has a high chance at succeeding on this team with this organization. So I'm not sure it matters who the Skins draft. This team I believe is the worst ran team of all professional sports. Sad 

Kirk Cousins says hello.

Full disclosure, I was never fully sold on Kirk but he was developed effectively by the organization. 

Though, I would’ve mildly supported him receiving a contract that paid him 8-11% depending on the year. 

8 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Kirk Cousins says hello.

Full disclosure, I was never fully sold on Kirk but he was developed effectively by the organization. 

Kirk Cousins has had 2 good weeks. Before that he was getting called out by his star WR for missing him when he was wide open. Cousins can be good but also bad. He isn't great and isn't worth what he's getting paid. 

24 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Kirk Cousins has had 2 good weeks. Before that he was getting called out by his star WR for missing him when he was wide open. Cousins can be good but also bad. He isn't great and isn't worth what he's getting paid. 

I hear ya.

I’m just sharing that there’s recent evidence of the organization developing a QB. It wasn’t an easy process to develop Kirk to point he got to with the Skins, it required swallowing pride, foresight, and patience with Kirk when he struggled for a bit to start. 

Im just saying this happened. There’s hope the FO can develop Haskins. Recent history says so. 

I think Haskins best course of action is to let others speak for him and continue to improve behind the scenes without saying much.

He'll get criticized regardless, but coming off of his "the league messed up" stuff, he may be better off not saying a whole lot.

But he feels the need to defend himself, so hey, what are ya gonna do?

Archived