Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

22 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

On 1067 the Junkies said Haskins had "red flags" because he brought himself, and his mother, a car after he was drafted. 

🤣

Remember when Trent Williams had the audacity to go out and buy a necklace after he was drafted?  We all knew he was a bust right then and there.  

17 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

On 1067 the Junkies said Haskins had "red flags" because he brought himself, and his mother, a car after he was drafted. 

🤣

Not directed at you as I know you are just posting the video. 

This is complete bull****. Haskins just got an $8.5M signing bonus! He got his mom and himself a car! Who is this clown to judge Haskins. Sorry I hate this kind of garbage. They also whined about Cousins driving a van - he was being fake. Good grief these guys just need to STFU sometimes! 

Just like when Dan bought a $M boat. He has the money he wants to spend it so he spent it. 

They need to worry about their money and let Haskins worry about his. 

Ok rant over. 

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Remember when Trent Williams had the audacity to go out and buy a necklace after he was drafted?  We all knew he was a bust right then and there.  

Exactly!!  People are trying so hard to find some little bull**** they can drill these guys on. It's nauseating. 

43 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Gruden has plenty of other players to evaluate. He would be doing the team a disservice by not doing so, we have QB coaches for a reason and they are here to... wait for it... coach our QBs, which includes Haskins believe it or not. 

Gruden is suppose to be a qb coach. i would never trust his eval on any other position. Not qualified. He has yet to prove he can even evaluate QBs. His track record for coaching is horrible.  He has Not developed a Qb in all his years here to give him any credit what so ever.

51 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

🤣

I also gave pause to the clip of him purchasing a Bentley for several hundreds of thousands dollars as the ink was drying on his contract, on the heels of all the 'brand' hooplah around his draft party.

If he truly ends up being that dude, none of it matters.  But given our last first round QB and his obsession with his brand very early on in his career and where that went, it's easy to see how folks are on high alert.  

I have heard about so many players buying themselves and their mothers cars after getting their rookie contract that this hardly shows up as a blip on my radar. It's just normal. Now, it may or may not be smart. It'd be great if these players guarded their money better. It's insane how many players who made tens of millions of dollars go broke less than a decade after their playing days, but a warning bell??? 

Nah...

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I also gave pause to the clip of him purchasing a Bentley for several hundreds of thousands dollars as the ink was drying on his contract, on the heels of all the 'brand' hooplah around his draft party.

If he truly ends up being that dude, none of it matters.  But given our last first round QB and his obsession with his brand very early on in his career and where that went, it's easy to see how folks are on high alert.  

Agree with this take. Buying a nice car is not a big deal, for a young kid that has money now and wanted to own his dream ride. 

Coming off the awful RG3 experience, seeing Haskins and his family trying to build his "brand" before he completes a single pass is giving me PTSD. I want Haskins' full attention on being the best QB possible. I really hope his business interests are taking a back seat. 

I think I'll puke if Haskins starts putting out self-congratulatory social media posts and coming up with idiotic catch phrases. 

Haskîns clearly has high self confidence and a bit of edge/attitude to go with it.  I would suggest he intends to be a big personality in the NFL. His play simply needs to back that up. In the Jay Gruden article from the previous page, Gruden compares the demeanor and aura around Haskins to that of Cam Newton.

It's gonna be interesting irrespective of how long it lasts......

15 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

on the heels of all the 'brand' hooplah around his draft party

Hask7ns has walked into a brand/marketing dream. 

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I have heard about so many players buying themselves and their mothers cars after getting their rookie contract that this hardly shows up as a blip on my radar. It's just normal. Now, it may or may not be smart. It'd be great if these players guarded their money better. It's insane how many players who made tens of millions of dollars go broke less than a decade after their playing days, but a warning bell??? 

Nah...

Not sure what EB was hung up on, but I think it was more about him buying himself a Bentley so soon after signing the contract, more than about him buying his mom a vehicle.

Not that I think there is any tangible evidence that rookies quickly making extravagant purchases after signing a deal makes them more likely to bust.  Perhaps alot of these guys leave the building and head directly to the luxury car dealership and purchase cars worth a few hundred grand.  No idea.  

I'll just say that EB was not alone in raising an eyebrow at the situation.

24 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He'll be fine. 

People were also whining about Guice giving huge tips  to pizza delivery men, or that Guice was renting out theaters for Avengers. It's one showing man. He doesn't own the theater. People are WAY too concerned with how athletes treat money. There's throwing money away and then there's just being good and kind to people. These people are not burning money like Vince Young. 

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

He makes 9 million a year, I think. 

He'll be fine. 

People were also whining about Guice giving huge tips  to pizza delivery men, or that Guice was renting out theaters for Avengers. It's one showing man. He doesn't own the theater. People are WAY too concerned with how athletes treat money. There's throwing money away and then there's just being good and kind to people. These people are not burning money like Vince Young. 

In Baltimore I once gave the outfit I was wearing to a homeless man, it was winter, I feel it would be looked better in the summer without the significant shrinkage factor.

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

He makes 9 million a year, I think. 

He'll be fine. 

He does not make 9 million a year.  He's guaranteed 14.4M over the next 4 seasons.  

How do you know who is or isn't burning money like Vince Young?  Not even sure why it matters.

I never raised an eyebrow about Guice tipping pizza guys or renting out a theater, but Haskins quick purchase of the Bentley did register for me.  Does any of it mean anything really? Probably not.  But given who we are and what we've been through, I entirely understand skepticism.

Please people - just stop with the Robert stuff! The guy is gone and has been for 3 yrs now (4 if you count sitting the bench in 2015)!  Looking at every move a new guy makes under the microscope of - looks like a Robert move, oh no red flags is just plain crazy. Two different people! 

Let's see what actually happens before deciding that him buying a nice car means he is a self centered POS. 

Some of you spend so much time looking for any little thing to **** about with these guys. 100s of guys but really nice cars for themselves and some others when they get their signing bonus. And many players have agents pushing them into creating a personal brand so they can capitolize if they go big. If they do not, others will make most of the money off their success. 

None of that stuff is important. I care about two things: Can the guy play and can he stay on the field. Rest does not matter. 

How can you NOT see why buying a Bentley can be alarming. It's not just a car, it's a Bentley. It's not just a Bentley, but a custom one that had his own 'branding' on it. Not just a branding but a branding for a clothes line he has. Hell yes it should set off 'some' alarms given the history this franchise has with the last marketable QB that Snyder liked. Then again, if he becomes a pro-bowl level type QB then it won't matter.

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

Please people - just stop with the Robert stuff! The guy is gone and has been for 3 yrs now (4 if you count sitting the bench in 2015)!  Looking at every move a new guy makes under the microscope of - looks like a Robert move, oh no red flags is just plain crazy. Two different people! 

Let's see what actually happens before deciding that him buying a nice car means he is a self centered POS. 

Some of you spend so much time looking for any little thing to **** about with these guys. 100s of guys but really nice cars for themselves and some others when they get their signing bonus. And many players have agents pushing them into creating a personal brand so they can capitolize if they go big. If they do not, others will make most of the money off their success. 

None of that stuff is important. I care about two things: Can the guy play and can he stay on the field. Rest does not matter. 

You desperately need a xanax.  I don't see anyone in here calling him a self centered POS nor spending so much time looking for any little thing to **** about.  The only person '****ing' is the guy whining that a radio personality saw the purchases as a red flag.  I merely concurred that for me personally, when I saw the clip of the Bentley purchase - it made me raise an eyebrow and can understand why others would as well.  You can feel free to only worry about whether the guy can play or not all you want - to each their own.  But miss me with how I'm supposed to see things because you say so.

43 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

He does not make 9 million a year.  He's guaranteed 14.4M over the next 4 seasons.  

How do you know who is or isn't burning money like Vince Young?  Not even sure why it matters.

I never raised an eyebrow about Guice tipping pizza guys or renting out a theater, but Haskins quick purchase of the Bentley did register for me.  Does any of it mean anything really? Probably not.  But given who we are and what we've been through, I entirely understand skepticism.

I was wrong on that, it was a 8.5m signing bonus. Who cares if he buys a car for himself and his mom. It's not that big a deal. And then the Junkies want to spin int like it's the worst thing ever, news flash rookies use their deals to buy things for themselves and their parents who raised them. This is not a bad thing. Seriously. In fact I would say more people need to be grateful like that. 

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I was wrong on that, it was a 8.5m signing bonus. Who cares if he buys a car for himself and his mom. It's not that big a deal. And then the Junkies want to spin int like it's the worst thing ever, news flash rookies use their deals to buy things for themselves and their parents who raised them. This is not a bad thing. Seriously. In fact I would say more people need to be grateful like that. 

Perhaps in the clip you posted they are "spinning it like it's the worst thing ever" but from what I heard this morning, it was just EB talking about it and didn't sound like he was spinning it as the worst thing ever when I heard it.  In fact, someone called him on it in the fact that he didn't like Kirk's granny van either, so they can't win with him.

Like I said, for me it was more of an eyebrow lifter than it was a 'red flag'.

RG3 didnt fail here because he had a logo and Cousins didnt succeed because he drove his grandmas van. Yall are conflating things that frankly dont make any ****ing sense. 

Its like saying your last girlfriend cheated on you and she had a vagina so no more chicks with vaginas cause it gives you PTSD. Only chicks with dicks from now on!!!

22 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Like I said, for me it was more of an eyebrow lifter than it was a 'red flag'.

I think this is the only appropriate response to be honest. 

Archived