Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Haskins came from a college system that was night and day from the one the Skins ran. RG3 did as well. Plays coming in from the sidelines, etc...

He also barely played in college.

Not the least bit surprised if it's true he really struggled with the playbook.

He also got better every time he played, something the national media is unaware of or is dismissing for whatever reason.

I thought he showed damn good football instincts by year's end. He was the like the opposite of RG3, who never saw a play he couldn't turn into a sack. 

Would I lose my mind if they drafted Tua? Nope. But I still have a lot of hope for Haskins.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

If they are leaking that they thought he was dyslexic then it’s over for him. You don’t let people hear that type of **** unless you have zero plans to make it work. If you were just medium on a guy you don’t tell anyone that kinda ****. 

Curious if it was the old front office trying to stir things up.

And for the record, even if you don't like a guy, you don't do that to him. Integrity is important, and submarining a dude's career is the lowest form of low.

Now I kinda want to see him succeed more, just to shove it in whoever's face that released that. That's bad form, man. 

Collosal Blunders in History:

1. Land War in Asia

2. Going up against a Sicilian when death is on the line

3. Believing anything any team says about the NFL draft

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And for the record, even if you don't like a guy, you don't do that to him. Integrity is important, and submarining a dude's career is the lowest form of low.

Now I kinda want to see him succeed more, just to shove it in whoever's face that released that. That's bad form, man. 

I think it's also Dog Gottlieb talking out of his ass. But yeah, with a lot of this ****, I want Haskins to light it the **** up next year.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Me too. I wouldn’t rule it out. And if it was the old FO trying to stir **** then I wouldn’t put it past those same people to torpedo his first few starts either like some people thought was happening.

Such a messy way to do business. This is why people want to blame the media for this teams problems, cause you don’t want to believe that kinda trash comes from the organization. 

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

My guess is that it's former coaching staff. Perhaps one whose new salary has no state income tax deductions. The other who would, if he could, probably try to convince everyone that he sent in all the LSU offensive plays via WhatsApp; Hoffman would believe it. 

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Collosal Blunders in History:

1. Land War in Asia

2. Going up against a Sicilian when death is on the line

3. Believing anything any team says about the NFL draft

*1a) Dating a girl with a first name that ends in “i”.

17 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Or has a tattoo of a dagger anywhere on her body

Or carries a tiny purse.

3 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Both Alex Smith and Keenum have mentioned how difficult the verbiage of the offense was as well.

I find it troubling that the word dyslexia begins with a d. Seems passive aggressive. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Decision making, protection setting, field awareness, situational awareness, risk taking (when to do it, when not to do it).

Some of that stuff comes from being meticulous in your film study. When you know an opponent well, you can make better educated guesses on what to do in those situations. 

That and mechanics.

Some of those things are a direct result of limited experience though.

It was obvious that the speed of the game was way too fast for Dwayne early on, it was encouraging that he learned and adapted though. He was slow in his reads and progressions, and held the ball far too long, but I think that's a combination of game speed, lack of preparation early on and not trusting what his eyes are seeing. I agree about protection settings and field awareness, but again that comes with experience and repetition, along with classwork.

The more he sees and experiences on the field, the better prepared he will be via experience. He will have seen it all before and will grow into calling the right protections based upon what he's seeing.

Not disagreeing with your thoughts, just think there's some more mundane/practical reasons he had some issues with the things you mentioned, along with the obvious that you stated.

Its illogical that this regime would leak such a thing if they wanted out of the Haskins business.  If they did they would praise him up so he has trade value if they were going to draft Tua or another QB.  So this stinks of Jay or maybe O'Connell saying this crap.

6 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Its illogical that this regime would leak such a thing if they wanted out of the Haskins business.  If they did they would praise him up so he has trade value if they were going to draft Tua or another QB.  

Agreed. We are potentially playing that game already. 

In the end, we draft Young.  We could send a conditional 7th round pick to Carolina for Kyle Allen who worked with Turner.  If we get Bridgewater during FA it wouldn't surprise me to see Haskin's possibly traded then.  I say possibly.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

We could send a conditional 7th round pick to Carolina for Kyle Allen who worked with Turner.  If we get Bridgewater during FA it wouldn't surprise me to see Haskin's possibly traded then.  

Worst case scenario. 

Listening to the radio, the reaired a bit of Mel Kiper who said something like, "It's a QB driven league. If you don't got a superhero at QB you got nothing. Mahomes (elite QB) vs. Garfalo (misspelled good QB) proves my point!"

After this, he took thirty seconds to catch his breath, then said, "With Tua, the medical staff may be even more important than the scouts, but if he gets medical clearance you take him in a second! Forget about Young!"

This, ironically, cements the fact for me that the Redskins should not draft Tua. I mean I know we have a new head trainer, but given the Redskins medical and injury woes and their inability to draft any healthy players this century... are you going to rely on the Redskin medical staff's opinion on anything????

The Redskins' medical staff could miss a double amputation.

Archived