Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yeah, we're clearly light years apart when it comes to Dwayne or how we judge QBs in general....at least to some extent. šŸ˜€

*shrug*
Ā 

I use my experiences in life and in the game to judge QBs.Ā 
Ā 

Not sure how you judge them. But other smart people agree with both of us. So...

I will add... Iā€™ve talked and worked with many different coaches. And never once did I hear a coach say, ā€œman, I really want my QB to be a guy who doesnā€™t really like football. I donā€™t even want that guy to watch it. Show up to work and leave. Thatā€™s the guy I want!ā€

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I will add... Iā€™ve talked and worked with many different coaches. And never once did I hear a coach say, ā€œman, I really want my QB to be a guy who doesnā€™t really like football. I donā€™t even want that guy to watch it. Show up to work and leave. Thatā€™s the guy I want!ā€

Strangely enough, I've heard a few athletes over the years talk about how they don't like/watch their individual sports.

Ā 

Ā 

But with that being said, I understand what you're saying.

3 hours ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Uh oh.Ā  How can Haskins be in two places at once?

Ā 

1) He's hired doppelgangers

2) He's cloned himself

3) He's using the time turner thingy from Harry Potter

4) Doc Brown hasļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ recruited Haskins as his whacky sidekick and hijinks are about to ensue.Ā  Is there a DeLorean parked outsideļ»æ?

Ā 

Until we get to the bottom of this issue, how can we trust Haskins?Ā  What secrets does he hideļ»æ

I think weĀ should now have a 5 hour debate as to whether we'd be better off as a team with two haskins or one tua.

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Strangely enough, I've heard a few athletes over the years talk about how they don't like/watch their individual sports.

Ā 

Ā 

But with that being said, I understand what you're saying.

Sure.Ā 
Ā 

Ive never heard of a successful QB thatā€™s done that, though. Maybe DH7 will be among the pioneers of that trend. But I have my doubts.

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If Tua is 100% healthy I do want to be on record saying I want Tua > Burrow. And if Tua goes #1 to the Bengals, I actually do not want any part of Burrow at #2. He's 23, his one big year of production was on a team surrounded by some major NFL talent, and he was beat out by our own QB in college who is a year younger than him and has been on the team for a year already.

Ā 

Hard No on Joe.

Ā 

I mean...let's be fair here. Tua was on a team even more stacked than Burrow was for his entire college career. He was behind a very good line and literally throwing to 3 legit 1st round NFL wide receivers in Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith,Ā who were going up against DBsĀ who will probably never play a down in the league. He was on a completely loaded offense. Now, was he part of it being loaded? Obviously. But that doesn't change that he had a stable full of elite level college receivers to toss to.Ā 

Ā 

As far as Tua being healthy, to me it's still a toss up. Someone can be medically cleared but not be the same football player he was before an injury. And that was a pretty bad injury. It's like taking a RB who's coming off of a season ending ACL injury. He might be medically cleared but whether he'll be the same guy simply can't be known until you seem him play in a live game again.Ā 

Okay, so hear me out on whether the Skins are actually unsure about Dwayne. Like, really, really unsure, but think there's a chance he could blow up this year and be a stud, but an equal chance he just doesn't get it and completely bombs.

Ā 

I am not taking Tua at #2. I am trading pick #2 for everything and anything I can get.

Ā 

And if that is with Miami, I am actually prioritizing the 2021 picks over the 2020 picks.

Ā 

Give me #5, #39, a 4th and a 5th. But give me next year's #1 and #2.

Ā 

Draft OT or WR at #5. Use the mid-round picks to get some depth on defense. Use FA to add offensive weapons and secure the OL. Give Haskins the resources to succeed.

Ā 

If he flourishes, great. You're stacked in the 2021 draft and just added a ton through FA and the draft to build around.

Ā 

If he bombs out, you probably don't have a season better than say, 6-10. You have Miamis 1st and 2nd. You now have the assets to get your QB in 2021. And that may not be Lawrence, because you probably won't be able to trade to #1. But it could be Justin Fields or Trey Lance. And let's say you go 5-11 and have pick #9. And Miami takes Tua, rests him to start the year, and ends up going 5-11 with pick #7. And let's say Cincy sucks again and goes 3-13 and gets pick #1. I think Cincy would be DTF and trade us #1 for #7, #9 and a 2nd.

Ā 

IDK just spitballing.

Ā 

If you're 60% feeling good about Haskins and 40% feeling iffy, I say you take Chase. But if you're 70% iffy and 30% good ... I'm trading out of #2, and building my future draft capital while simultaneously building the core around Haskins to see if he can succeed.

I like most of what you said but think we need to go defense at #5 and WR later, assuming we don't sign a WR in free agency. If we get a stud WR in FA, then I wouldn't go WR at all in the draft, roll with the young guys we have and focus on TE and the defense. We need a defense that can win games for us with a young QB still learning the game. I love your plan of getting picks in 2021, we would do well to show that kind of patience and will know a LOT more about Dwayne as our franchise or not QB of the future.Ā 

Here's my thing, I'm 52 years old and enjoyed the glory years for sure but the Skins have never had a franchise, 10 year QB in my lifetime and if Tua is thought to be one of them then I would have no problem drafting him. I want the security of having an Aaron Rodgers, Elway, Brady, Big Ben, Manning, etc....without one of these type of franchise guys we have been terrible outside of Joe Gibbs coached teams.Ā 

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Ā 

I mean...let's be fair here. Tua was on a team even more stacked than Burrow was for his entire college career. He was behind a very good line and literally throwing to 3 legit 1st round NFL wide receivers in Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith,Ā who were going up against DBsĀ who will probably never play a down in the league. He was on a completely loaded offense. Now, was he part of it being loaded? Obviously. But that doesn't change that he had a stable full of elite level college receivers to toss to.Ā 

Ā 

As far as Tua being healthy, to me it's still a toss up. Someone can be medically cleared but not be the same football player he was before an injury. And that was a pretty bad injury. It's like taking a RB who's coming off of a season ending ACL injury. He might be medically cleared but whether he'll be the same guy simply can't be known until you seem him play in a live game again.Ā 

To be fair, I donā€™t think this post was fair afterĀ your point about being fair.Ā 
Ā 

;)

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

To be fair, I donā€™t think this post was fair afterĀ your point about being fair.Ā 
Ā 

;)

Ā 

Perhaps it came off as me sounding dubious about Tua getting back to form. I'm not really trying to push it one way or the other. It's absolutely possible (and hopefully for him, likely...I really do like him) that he's the exact same guy and doesn't have more injuries...but that doesn't change it being a legit concern, especially if you're talking about potentially giving up a bunch of picks to move up and get him. It's a gamble.Ā 

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Ā 

I mean...let's be fair here. Tua was on a team even more stacked than Burrow was for his entire college career. He was behind a very good line and literally throwing to 3 legit 1st round NFL wide receivers in Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith,Ā who were going up against DBsĀ who will probably never play a down in the league.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

3E72FBDE-71CF-40A9-87EE-3B5B12F4553C.gif

Just now, mistertim said:

Ā 

Perhaps it came off as me sounding dubious about Tua getting back to form. I'm not really trying to push it one way or the other. It's absolutely possible (and hopefully for him, likely...I really do like him) that he's the exact same guy and doesn't have more injuries...but that doesn't change it being a legit concern, especially if you're talking about potentially giving up a bunch of picks to move up and get him. It's a gamble.Ā 

Sure. But you can say the same about Chase Young on Ohio Stateā€™s D. How many guys do they have that are first/second rounders? How many guys are going to get a shot to play on Sundays?Ā 
Ā 

Chase just has it. Same as Tua.

Ā 

HONESTLY. This. I think there's a ton of chips to fall in FA with the QB carousell, but if Detroit senses a market for Stafford when the dust settles, and can get some good value for him, I sure hope this helps force them to swap with us so they can land Tua.

I donā€™t see it. The only realisticĀ way Detroit moves up to us for Tua is if Patricia senses the hot seat. You always get more time with a rookie qb, and it saved John Harbaughs job. Surely, Detroit will be bad again this year, as I think Patricia is just another case of Bills fools gold. So that could be a viable option for him.Ā 
Ā 

This thread is being propped up by one mans ongoing disdain for Haskins. 6-7 years away from being good! Hahaha.Ā Ā 

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

I donā€™t see it. The only realisticĀ way Detroit moves up to us for Tua is if Patricia senses the hot seat. You always get more time with a rookie qb, and it saved John Harbaughs job. Surely, Detroit will be bad again this year, as I think Patricia is just another case of Bills fools gold. So that could be a viable option for him.Ā 
Ā 

This thread is being propped up by one mans ongoing disdain for Haskins. 6-7 years away from being good! Hahaha.Ā Ā 

You call that disdain? Yikes. You live in a much easier world than I do.

Ā 

Hahahah.

Ā 

Hahha.

Ā 

Saying haha a lot is a great way to prove a point.Ā 

Just now, KDawg said:

You call that disdain? Yikes. You live in a much easier world than I do.

Ā 

Hahahah.

Ā 

Hahha.

Ā 

Saying haha a lot is a great way to prove a point.Ā 

Youā€™ve been calling Haskins outĀ for quite a while now, and I donā€™t have the energy to refute it all at the moment. But surely you would agree youā€™ve been grinding that axe for a long time.Ā 

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Youā€™ve been calling Haskins outĀ for quite a while now, and I donā€™t have the energy to refute it all at the moment. But surely you would agree youā€™ve been grinding that axe for a long time.Ā 

What else have I been saying about Haskins? That heā€™s a bust? No? That he canā€™t succeed? No. That I hope Iā€™m wrong? Yup. That he looked great for those two weeks? Absolutely. That he was exciting those two weeks? Yup. That he needs to mature and take football more seriously to make it? Yup.

Ā 

You're right. Iā€™ve been 100% consistent on my Haskins take.Ā 

Ā 

I back my takes with my reasons. I explain my entire thought process. You donā€™t have to like it. You donā€™t have to agree with it.Ā 
Ā 

But I have not disrespected any of you for your takes. And there are some ****ing odd ones here.Ā 
Ā 

But everyone should say how they feelĀ and not just follow the leader.Ā 
Ā 

Haskins scares the piss out of me. But that doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t think he can turn it all around. He can. But he needs to show it for me to believe it. And ultimately, my opinion doesnā€™t matter. But itā€™s an opinion that has been backed every step of the way and not just thrown around as a hot take.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

5 minutes ago, volsmet said:

If your QB has 3 first round WRs, but the OC is Mike Locksley, do the WRs make a sound?Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Well, yeah it's kind of the classic football chicken and egg. Is it the QB? Is it the surrounding cast? Is it the OC? Seems more often than not it's a combination of all three. I was just responding to his specific post about Burrow being on a team loaded with surrounding talent, and that being a reason he doesn't really dig on him compared to Tua. But Tua certainly was surrounded by talent as well.

26 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Ā 

Well, yeah it's kind of the classic football chicken and egg. Is it the QB? Is it the surrounding cast? Is it the OC? Seems more often than not it's a combination of all three. I was just responding to his specific post about Burrow being on a team loaded with surrounding talent, and that being a reason he doesn't really dig on him compared to Tua. But Tua certainly was surrounded by talent as well.

What the 3 first rounders giveth, coach Locksley taketh away.Ā 
Ā 

More seriously, though I am serious about how atrocious I believe Locksley to be, Ruggs atĀ WR 1 is getting some serious buzz.

Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The above is what's important to me.Ā  If RR concludes by draft day thatĀ Haskins is his guy, they will be running to the podium to draft Chase Young unless someone offers a ridiculous amount of high draft picks.Ā  Something in excess of two 1st this year, one 1st next year, a 2nd, and a 3rd.Ā  And that's if Miami comes calling.Ā  Anyone after Miami would have to trade evenĀ more.

Ā 

If RR doesn't believe Haskins is his guy by draft day, Tua will be on the table with Chase YoungĀ if RR believes Tua'sĀ health will not be a long-termĀ issue.Ā Ā At that point, I trust RR to do what's best for the team whether he draft's Young, Tua, or trades down.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Personally, I want Haskins to work out, because I really want them to draft Chase Young.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

@volsmetĀ is creating now a league wide buzz.

Ā 

I was watching NFL Network just now, they talked Haskins-Tua.Ā  Terrell Davis said he would absolutely take Tua in the Redskins shoes saying he likes Haskins but Tua is the clear better QB upside wise.Ā 

Ā 

I thought this thread was propped up by one guy who hates Haskins? Strange.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I thought this thread was propped up by one guy who hates Haskins? Strange.

Ā 

You and volsmet are the Lennon-McCartney duo pushing theĀ consider Tua at #2 narrative.šŸ˜€

Ā 

I am behind the curve albeit I was pushing Tua hard for years now including even going toĀ seeĀ him play live.Ā Ā šŸ˜€Ā  Ā  Like you, I am not sure I'd actually do it, but I think no question I'd put some serious thought into it.Ā  Ā It's a good sign to me that Rivera-Kyle have all options on the table -- I don't want a FO married to ANY player out of emotion, the past, nostalgia or anything -- just be clinical and make the best decision you can.Ā  Belichick like.Ā 

This is a great thread and I respect the opinions. Ā But I admit I amĀ 100% all in forĀ Chase Young. Ā And I thinkĀ Rivera is being amazingly transparent aboutĀ Haskins. He will get hisĀ opportunity but will haveĀ competition.

Ā 

For once I just want thisĀ team to choose the playerĀ who Ā has never had an injury. Ā Historically we just haven't done all that well withĀ players that have hadĀ significant, ah hell any injuries in college. They just come to the Redskins and get injured again. I am so sick of it. Ā 

Ā 

One thing that is off the charts are the number of quality and I mean quality receivers in this draft. Ā I hope we snag a good one in the 4th round.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Sure.Ā 
Ā 

Ive never heard of a successful QB thatā€™s done that, though. Maybe DH7 will be among the pioneers of that trend. But I have my doubts.

I mean do us fans really enjoy watching the commercial breaks with little football in between? I can get it if you dont watch film...but u dont gotta turn on SNF just cause.Ā 

Archived