Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

On 1/5/2020 at 5:58 PM, SkinsNoles21 said:

You losers still talking about social media?

Every so often I come to this board and immediately realize its a waste of time. Most of you are lost. 

Sad stuff. See ya boomers. 

You do realize that if polled most of us would fall into Generation X category and baby boomers are 54 to 74.......right? But at least you sound cool and woke....which in and of itself is kind of weak in the long run. 

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

You do realize that if polled most of us would fall into Generation X category and baby boomers are 54 to 74.......right? But at least you sound cool and woke....which in and of itself is kind of weak in the long run. 

Not sure how Baby Boomers got stretched into 1964. The driver was people born in the years right after during WWII. There were so many men and women were in the war that when they came home there was a statistically significant uptick in pregnancies. So I get 4 to 5 yrs but all the way out to almost 20yrs after the war was over?? LOL  Man, if you were using that as excuse for that long, I guess good for you but seems a bit unnecessary. At that point the war really had nothing to do with it. You just wanted to have babies... 🙂 

image.png.53df529700e10ed1e85129f8cfb11390.png 

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Not sure how Baby Boomers got stretched into 1964. The driver was people born in the years right after during WWII. There were so many men and women were in the war that when they came home there was a statistically significant uptick in pregnancies. So I get 4 to 5 yrs but all the way out to almost 20yrs after the war was over?? LOL  Man, if you were using that as excuse for that long, I guess good for you but seems a bit unnecessary. At that point the war really had nothing to do with it. You just wanted to have babies... 🙂 

From the great God that is Google:

Baby BoomersBaby boomers were born between 1944 and 1964. They're current between 55-75 years old (76 million in U.S.) Gen X: Gen X was born between 1965 - 1979 and are currently between 40-54 years old (82 million people in U.S.) Gen Y: Gen Y, or Millennials, were born between 1980 and 1994.

5 minutes ago, Murphs56 said:

This is what he does.  He knows his takes on the Redskins are the only thing that generate interest. 

He’s been pretty supportive of Haskins actually. He’s just saying what he’s been told about Haskins work ethic and entitlement aren’t going to align with Ron’s expectations barring major changes. The kid is 22 and his relationship with the owner probably distorted his perceived importance. Ron will put him in his place and coach him up, but it’s up to Haskins to buy in. If Shawn Springs is really his mentor, he should have a real conversation with him about what’s about to hit him. He’s not getting multiple chances with Ron.

13 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Reid ain’t wrong though. Just saying. 

I see it the complete opposite. Once word got out that he was "Dan's pet" he had absolutely zero privileges or entitlement. It's like when your older sibling tells their classmates not to touch their younger bro/sis. It always ends badly.

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Most demographers define the Baby Boom generation as babies born from 46 to 64. 

That's 18 years. Birth rates were probably still high.

Dwayne has to step up or he will be gone in 2021.

58 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He’s been pretty supportive of Haskins actually. He’s just saying what he’s been told about Haskins work ethic and entitlement aren’t going to align with Ron’s expectations barring major changes. The kid is 22 and his relationship with the owner probably distorted his perceived importance. Ron will put him in his place and coach him up, but it’s up to Haskins to buy in. If Shawn Springs is really his mentor, he should have a real conversation with him about what’s about to hit him. He’s not getting multiple chances with Ron.

Lol... Unfortunately from what I’ve gathered over the years Shawn Springs was as entitled as one could be. Not sure he’s the one to have that kind of talk with Haskins if it’s indeed needed. With that said, you’d hope Haskins dad is that voice, but who knows. 

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

From the great God that is Google:

45 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Most demographers define the Baby Boom generation as babies born from 46 to 64. 

That's 18 years. Birth rates were probably still high.

Dwayne has to step up or he will be gone in 2021.

OK, so both of you must have read the first sentence then stopped and gone off to get the info. I am quite well aware of what they define it as now and wrote it at least twice in my comment. 

My point was if you read past not sure how, the range has moved over time to the point where the original meaning of the term has been lost. If it's 18 yrs after the war that birth rates are higher, than it[s not the ****ing war that caused it! LOL  When I was 10 - in 1970 - the range was from 1946 to 1958. Somehow it has artificially been changed to 1946 to 1964 - just in the last 10 to 15 yrs.  

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

He literally went on and on about how Haskins not being at the Press Conference was a serious indictment against him but he still has time to change that narrative. Seriously? How ridiculous of a claim is that. 

7 minutes ago, Murphs56 said:

He literally went on and on about how Haskins not being at the Press Conference was a serious indictment against him but he still has time to change that narrative. Seriously? How ridiculous of a claim is that. 

it is a serious indictment. He didn’t play 4 days earlier with a high ankle sprain. He should have been there not taking a vacation. This is about being the leader and starting QB of a competent NFL team. It requires dedication, sacrifice and availability. Huge mistake not being there.

17 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

it is a serious indictment. He didn’t play 4 days earlier with a high ankle sprain. He should have been there not taking a vacation. This is about being the leader and starting QB of a competent NFL team. It requires dedication, sacrifice and availability. Huge mistake not being there.

By your calculation the only leaders on the team are Peterson, Guice and Allen. The rest were on vacation so obviously they aren't dedicated since they didn't show up. 

5 hours ago, Murphs56 said:

By your calculation the only leaders on the team are Peterson, Guice and Allen. The rest were on vacation so obviously they aren't dedicated since they didn't show up. 

Have to agree with @SoCalSkins on this one. Haskins just finished his rookie year, not even playing but a handful of games. It's a new chapter now, new direction, new beginning. I think it would have went a long way for him to be there in support of the organization and Ron, showing his support and emphasizing to Ron he's here to win and do WHATEVER it takes.

Keim was on the radio today saying more or less he doesn't think he will hand Haskins the job but regardless there is a good chance he starts.  I am gathering they want to see Haskins work for it.  But who is the competition?  From what some have said Colt is gone.  So I presume they intend to try to resign Keenum?  I think Alex is a wildcard at best as for coming back from that injury. 

As I mentioned on this thread before, Keim's last podcast was juicier then usual. Some if it was Haskins related but more from the perspective about Dan.   

My concern isn't Haskins "earning" the job.

Its whether Rivera will let him earn it.

I hope I'm wrong but I fear Rivera might not have the patience (at this stage of his career) to develop a young QB.

Full disclosure: I'm not a fan of defensive head coaches in general. Too conservative for my tastes.

Archived