Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Haskins has a high ankle sprain and that usually has a guy sitting for atleast one game, so that makes the decision easy. Haskins has shown growth and am excited to see how his offseasons will be. Hopefully the new head coach will keep developing him and the new GM gets him more weapons.

When KoC was allowed to call plays, he worked Haskins into a rythm and it paid off. He improved. Gruden wasn't even allowing him 1rst team reps. Pretty hard to grow when your HC doesn't want you on the team. I'm extremely comfortable moving forward with him being the undisputed QB1.

On 12/23/2019 at 7:31 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

See? People that love drama will latch onto Dwayne's transparency like a leech. I ****ing hate the idea of PR because it speaks to manipulating and lying to the fan. You have the truth. Deal with it. Danny stepped in because he's the owner. End of story. Rest his soul, but if he were still alive, Dan should hire Mitch Gilliam as his PR director.

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

When KoC was allowed to call plays, he worked Haskins into a rythm and it paid off. He improved. Gruden wasn't even allowing him 1rst team reps. Pretty hard to grow when your HC doesn't want you on the team. I'm extremely comfortable moving forward with him being the undisputed QB1.

Im not sure I can credit OConnell with the turnaround.  Is he then also responsible for the slow start?

2 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Im not sure I can credit OConnell with the turnaround.  Is he then also responsible for the slow start?

I read that he had been taking over play calling the last few weeks and takes an approach like Billichek, to warm the QB up with quick easy stuff to get them in a rythm. 

It was also posted awhile back that Gruden wouldn't give reps to Haskin so he only just started really. 

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I read that he had been taking over play calling the last few weeks and takes an approach like Billichek, to warm the QB up with quick easy stuff to get them in a rythm. 

It was also posted awhile back that Gruden wouldn't give reps to Haskin so he only just started really. 

Cool.

I just remember a reporter asking Haskins what has changed, in a press conference.  And Haskins referenced some kind of breakthrough he had in the eagles game.

I'm glad we shut Haskins down. He should have great confidence going into 2020. He hopefully knows now that being a great QB is not some impossible mountain for him to climb. He can get there, and will get there if he works his tail off. 

I was down on Haskins but maybe he thrives off of non-believers like me and wants to prove people like me wrong. I have no problems with this and want him to be a great QB.

I also really like our young WRs, they just seem like high character guys and hard workers. McLaurin is a total stud and the moment I saw Steven Sims play I knew Goldilocks was in trouble. 

Seems just like yesterday when defenders were dropping INTs in training camp to preserve his fragile toddler ego, multiple reporters were hearing about attitude and intellect concerns from within Redskins Park (from the same single source maybe, but hey whatever), and he was on the fast-track to Ryan Leaf level bust-dom, allegedly 🤣

16 minutes ago, skinbuck said:

Seems just like yesterday when defenders were dropping INTs in training camp to preserve his fragile toddler ego, multiple reporters were hearing about attitude and intellect concerns from within Redskins Park (from the same single source maybe, but hey whatever), and he was on the fast-track to Ryan Leaf level bust-dom, allegedly 🤣

That was his baseline. He’s been doing well but he hasn’t arrived. This game humbles nearly every QB. He’s vastly improved but 2 back to back poor performances next year and the story will shift again. The arrow is pointing in the right direction for now but anyone who thinks he has vindicated himself is delusional.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

That was his baseline. He’s been doing well but he hasn’t arrived. This game humbles nearly every QB. He’s vastly improved but 2 back to back poor performances next year and the story will shift again. The arrow is pointing in the right direction for now but anyone who thinks he has vindicated himself is delusional.

It’s understandable if you don’t want to crown him just yet.

But now’s also the time to come clean and admit you were wrong in proclaiming sure-shot bust status for him after 2 half-games and a bunch of half-baked rumors. All that was asked for was mere acknowledgement of the possibility that he might under the right circumstances actually turn out ok. But you wouldn’t budge.

After the Giants game was the first time I've been totally okay with moving forward with Haskins, at least for the next few years. In my opinion, he finally showed some huge progression and helped me feel more peaceful about his skills and ability. I thought he played fairly above average that game. If he had played to that level since the beginning, instead of below average, most of us would have never had an issue. To allow him, our young WRs, and our young RBs to grow together for the next several years could be awesome...

...unless they all suck of course.

😬

I got a good feeling about Haskins..really good feeling!!..I really want koc to return with him how ever it goes down in the coaching change. With two good lookin rookies at wr and one looking to be elite talent rookie, pick up a tight end in the draft, I'm still holding out hope on guice and if love pans out this offense could be good!

I have mentioned before and I think the end of this season supports my opinion.  Haskins got better every week he started in college, he has progressed every week since he became the starter.  No reason not to be optimistic about his future.

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

I got a good feeling about Haskins..really good feeling!!..I really want koc to return with him how ever it goes down in the coaching change. With two good lookin rookies at wr and one looking to be elite talent rookie, pick up a tight end in the draft, I'm still holding out hope on guice and if love pans out this offense could be good!

I agree with you about Haskins. I want KOC's return to be strictly based on the preference of whoever is the new Coach. I don't know that KOC showed enough that you force a coach's hand and say "You have to retain this guy on your staff" nor do I think that KOC showed enough for us to believe he's ready to be the HC himself going forward.

19 hours ago, skinbuck said:

It’s understandable if you don’t want to crown him just yet.

But now’s also the time to come clean and admit you were wrong in proclaiming sure-shot bust status for him after 2 half-games and a bunch of half-baked rumors. All that was asked for was mere acknowledgement of the possibility that he might under the right circumstances actually turn out ok. But you wouldn’t budge.

6 quarters of not god awful football against generally piss poor competition does not make him a non-bust; its not like we saw some generational talent out there.  I dont think anyone has to admit anything at this point the busters or the haskinites - we will likely be saddled with this for another year and by COB 2020 we should have a really good idea what we have 

24 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

6 quarters of not god awful football against generally piss poor competition does not make him a non-bust; its not like we saw some generational talent out there.  I dont think anyone has to admit anything at this point the busters or the haskinites - we will likely be saddled with this for another year and by COB 2020 we should have a really good idea what we have 

Right, but that’s not what the poster you quoted was saying. 

Everyone should agree that there’s a chance he will be a bust and a chance he becomes a competent starter (or better).  Everyone should have agreed with that from the get go, even if (historically) odds were better he’d be a bust.  
Yet some said there was zero chance he wouldn’t be a bust (which is also different from saying they believed he’d be a bust).  Those are the ones the poster was referencing.  

Sidenote - I would use a very different descriptor than ‘not god awful’, because that implies poor play, which is pretty obviously selling his performance short, IMO.  

On 12/24/2019 at 2:23 PM, Koolblue13 said:

most teams don't give their backups first team reps.  I mean how often do announcers harp on that kind of stuff, they constantly talk about how backups have no practice with the top team

Archived