Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

I still believe we need more of a "Manager" than a specialty coach. Keep KOC, make him head honcho on offense, be a source of Iinspiration/morale boost for Haskins and let the kid benefit from a tough, fruitful offseason and TC and give him plenty of opportunity to take this gig and run with it for the next decade.

58 minutes ago, MartinC said:

‘Mental fortitude’? Tapping out?

Correct - I do not believe that he has the mentality to be a long term NFL quarterback and I think he is soft as butter and/or a borderline drama queen with "injuries" - its even more concerning that Danny boy got involved again, he is already fragile and now the owner is coddling him - and the cycle spins around and round

1 minute ago, ggarriso said:

I think he is soft as butter and/or a borderline drama queen

The team doctor said he shouldn't go back in the game but he still wanted to and it sounds like Dan had to intervene, that doesn't sound like someone who is soft.

Between Haskins’ rapid improvement and these first year wideouts, I see rays of sunshine through the dark clouds of this season. He’s getting rid of the ball faster and throwing guys open, something we hadn’t seen earlier. That comes with game experience and increased confidence.  And oh my goodness Terry McLaurin has the skill set, the maturity and the competitiveness to be an NFL star. If he, Sims, and Harmon develop in tandem and build rapport with Haskins it could develop into something special. 

They need to get a solid young tight end and pray that Derrius Guice can once again come back from injury to realize his potential. Get help through the draft on the line and you have the makings of a solid offense for the next few years. 

We need a good pass catching RB and of course a TE. Hopefully Love can come back and give us a 1-2 punch with Guice. I love AP but I think at his age its best we let him walk. Can usually get good TEs in the 3rd round(see Kittle, Kelce, even our own Reed before he became injury prone).

40 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Correct - I do not believe that he has the mentality to be a long term NFL quarterback and I think he is soft as butter and/or a borderline drama queen with "injuries" - its even more concerning that Danny boy got involved again, he is already fragile and now the owner is coddling him - and the cycle spins around and round

If we have got to the stage of people not being able to criticise his play on the field and having to start start reaching with charges of ‘soft’ (he’s stood in and taken some really big shots this year) and ‘mentality’ I feel REALLY good about his progress. I saw signs early in the year and I’ve seen incremental progress in the first couple of starts. Last two weeks he’s taken big strides forwards.

This film is far from over, but those people who skipped to the end and labelled him a bust might want to hit rewind and enjoy the rest of the feature.

Hes the guy next year. Any QB brought in will be a backup (and I wouldn’t mind Keenum being brought back in that role). Now we need to put some more pieces around him, get competent defensive coaching and see if Haskins can build on this progress during the offseason and be the guy long term. 

My favorite trait of Haskins coming into the NFL was his adaptability. He knows where he wants to be as an NFL QB and he's properly motivated now to get there. He ended the night with an 80% completion percentage and those weren't all dink and dunk throws. Only Derek Carr had a higher completion percentage this week at 86.6%. As long as he's okay for the long term, this night ended about as good as we could have hoped for.

On 12/21/2019 at 9:33 AM, skinsmania123 said:

Not the end of the season for me.  I would like to see what he does in the off season in terms of his mechanics, throwing to receivers who are going to be back next year, and then see how he performs over the first 7 games.  

Yeah I mean that's a pretty realistic time frame too.

He looked really legit the last two games.  Too bad he got hurt 

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Imagine if we committed to Haskins from the beginning. This notion that he's so completely raw he can't play was absurd. This is the NFL where 6th rounders and UDFA rookies have come in and played well. We could have designed a system around Haskins's strengths and ran a dumbed down playbook while slowly easing him in. I'm not saying he'd be Pat Mahomes right now but he'd be a lot farther along.

There is just no way Jay was going to do this.  He was desperately interested in starting Colt.  Period.  

He had no desire to modify his system.  He just wanted somebody to run it as best as possible.

Its criminal Haskins wasn’t developed from the start. 

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There is just no way Jay was going to do this.  He was desperately interested in starting Colt.  Period.  

I still don’t get that. It’s obvious colt was limited. And at some point you have to worry about your job and not proving your system (which was already proven) works at all costs.

46 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Honestly, we've seen enough of Haskins to know that he should be the unquestioned #1 going into next season.  There's some SERIOUS potential in the kid.  No need to risk injury in a meaningless game next week.  Have him get healthy, and ready to roll for next year. 

Agree totally let his ankle heal.  Last game of the year against a team that kills us.  Let him relax and get ready for next year. 

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He had no desire to modify his system.  He just wanted somebody to run it as best as possible.

Its criminal Haskins wasn’t developed from the start. 

It's criminal to draft a rookie for a coach you want to win.  They didn't give him anything to work with.  

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Between Haskins’ rapid improvement and these first year wideouts, I see rays of sunshine through the dark clouds of this season. He’s getting rid of the ball faster and throwing guys open, something we hadn’t seen earlier. That comes with game experience and increased confidence.  And oh my goodness Terry McLaurin has the skill set, the maturity and the competitiveness to be an NFL star. If he, Sims, and Harmon develop in tandem and build rapport with Haskins it could develop into something special. 

They need to get a solid young tight end and pray that Derrius Guice can once again come back from injury to realize his potential. Get help through the draft on the line and you have the makings of a solid offense for the next few years. 

It won't matter.  The defense is horrible.  As soon as the offense started playing better the defense mailed it in.  37 points last week against a team literally playing with receivers off the street and this week 41 points to a 3-11 basement of the NFL team.  Two number one picks on the defensive line and simply got gashed all day long.  It was embarrassing.  And don't tell me oh we had injuries.  Eagles had injuries last week and it didn't stop them last week or this week.  

30 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I still don’t get that. It’s obvious colt was limited. And at some point you have to worry about your job and not proving your system (which was already proven) works at all costs.

I’ll push back on that.  Colt wasn’t limited, he was fragile.

But Jay was absolutely limited.  And he saw Colt as a wild card.

Didnt happen...

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

That’s fair. I won’t sit here and act like I know 100% what I’m talking about but I never watched the guy and came away wowed by anything he did. From arm talent to mobility he just always seem average or worse to me. 

Jay could have for sure been the problem though. I don’t think he put many of his players in position to win like he could of. Colt included 

25 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

But Jay was absolutely limited.  And he saw Colt as a wild card.

Didnt happen...

Colt's arm limits what you can do, no question. He can't hit every area of the field, especially across his body.

Archived