PCS

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

Recommended Posts

Its hard not to look at this game and see hes better them the Vikings game. Even if not by much.

 

If he wins today, that's two ugly wins in a row but still wins.  Him improving and winning games is what matters, right?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haskins show improvement.  Mostly in the way of being able to make some plays when the protection broke down and he had to get out on the move.  It is hard to acknowledge these things but a lot of young inexperienced QB's have ugly stat lines early in their career.  It isn't about volume stats at this point in Haskins's development, it is more about running the offense efficiently. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He managed the game today. He was Alex Smith. Which is still an improvement over the last two weeks.

 

He's gone from terrible to mediocre. If he's league average by season's end we should be happy. But at some point I'd like to see him have a big game throwing the ball down the field and making plays in the passing game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he did a little better than just manage the game. He did make some nice throws. If Sprinkle doesn't drop some good throws, Haskins has another hundred yards and at least one TD.

 

This was the rookie's first decent/good game.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh gawd.. Drew Lock comments are so silly.. Its apples to oranges.

 

Do people on here not see we drafted Haskins for his potential Ceiling- not his obvious Floor?

 

Raw. Not very experienced. Smart. Cannon. Raw. Needs experience. Potential to be better then other qbs in the same draft... after said experience.

 

 

Lock fwiw put up a whopping -4 yards passing in the 3rd quarter. Wow. On THREE possessions

 

Lock had 2 nice passes... Since that he has been Locking on to first reads... Poor choices. Id reserve the comparisons for idk maybe 16 starts? 

Edited by CowboyKillerz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Drew Lock looks better then Haskins has already.

 

He just threw an interception.

Guess who else looked better in his first few starts?  Kyle Allen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He showed improvement but there was really no where to go but up.

 

Also people need to stop being bi polar and stop living and dying with every throw. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I think he did a little better than just manage the game. He did make some nice throws. If Sprinkle doesn't drop some good throws, Haskins has another hundred yards and at least one TD.

 

This was the rookie's first decent/good game.

 

McLaurin had ball go right thru his hands that would have been a big gain. 

 

You can see the confidence growing with Haskins by the week.  I'm optimistic that he CAN be a franchise level QB going forward.  Just have to give him more weapons and build the line. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After looking at some of his work, the thing I like about Haskins is that in spite of some bad numbers, the game is looking easier.  Or should I say that he doesn't look like he has a baseline level of athletic ability but everything is a strain for him.  I never saw Jason Campbell as someone to whom the game came easily.  There are times when Haskins looks like that and he's making fewer mistakes and now it's more about mechanics and accuracy.  And this is interesting because I don't consider (aside from his arm) Haskins to be an elite athlete at the position. 

 

That is a good sign, although you do hope to see his raw numbers improve greatly by the end.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That’s an insult to Alex smith and I don’t like Alex Smith 

Not really an insult.  When the Skins were 6-3 before the Smith injury they were winning games exactly the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haskins is improving.  His arm strength is unreal.  He makes throws Keenum and Smith could never make.  My biggest issue with his play is the scrambling.  Does he think he's Cam Newton?  He also struggles in the red zone.  But that only comes with experience.  Overall, I feel like he is moving on the right direction.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it looks good, it looks like a supremely gifted QB. When it looks bad, it's a complete dumpster fire. All things considered, I'll absolutely take that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s starting to see the field. He’s continued to make the right reads. He threw the ball with much more accuracy today with at least 3 drops, 2 by sprinkle and 1 by McLaurin.  
 

He was nimble in the pocket and was composed for being down by 14 on the road.  A few of the throws he made today were firsts for him, and hopefully a sign of things to come. 
 

The Td’s and Stats haven’t arrived yet, but he’s been progressing and growing. 
Must protect the ball better. Continue drilling the mechanics, continue the film study. Work the Red Zone. But man, two straight W’s ain’t bad. 
Keep Working..

Edited by COWBOY-KILLA-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

After looking at some of his work, the thing I like about Haskins is that in spite of some bad numbers, the game is looking easier.  Or should I say that he doesn't look like he has a baseline level of athletic ability but everything is a strain for him.  I never saw Jason Campbell as someone to whom the game came easily.  There are times when Haskins looks like that and he's making fewer mistakes and now it's more about mechanics and accuracy.  And this is interesting because I don't consider (aside from his arm) Haskins to be an elite athlete at the position. 

 

That is a good sign, although you do hope to see his raw numbers improve greatly by the end.


I have probably been harder than anyone on him, but I agree with you. If the running game keeps it up and the D plays anywhere close to where they did after the first 2 drives, there is a glimmer of hope there. The raw numbers are not there and statistically he probably doesn’t pan out, but there were times where he deserved some praise. He hasn’t been checking down to avoid looking bad. That was the Jason Campbell special.
 

If he had better accuracy he actually would have made some not horrible numbers the last 2 games. .500 ball after 4 starts and 2 wins in a row deserves some props. I will be so happy to say I was completely wrong about him. I still don’t think I was wrong because it’s so difficult for any QB prospect to pan out but he did some nice things.


 

 

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t recall which it was, but there was a deep throw Haskins made that had me saying to myself, “there’s that arc to the ball I’ve been wanting to see”... anyone remember such a throw?  Maybe the one that went through McLaurin’s hands?

 

Semi-related, did I hear the announcer say that Haskins talked to him about needing to get his feet synced up with his throws, or something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

He can improve but he doesn’t need to win this year. Bottom TF out 

if we win because young draft picks are getting the chance to play its different though, a bird in the hand and what not 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I can’t recall which it was, but there was a deep throw Haskins made that had me saying to myself, “there’s that arc to the ball I’ve been wanting to see”... anyone remember such a throw?  Maybe the one that went through McLaurin’s hands?

 

Semi-related, did I hear the announcer say that Haskins talked to him about needing to get his feet synced up with his throws, or something like that?

 

I believe it was the throw to McLaurin, he shoulda had that one. Yes you did hear that, it was Trent Green who had spoken with him. They were talking about his footwork, and having his feet in position allows him to make better throws..Feet and Eyes in sync.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

if we win because young draft picks are getting the chance to play its different though, a bird in the hand and what not 

No, because if we win and that gives Bruce ammo to stay, then all you got in your hand is a pile of bird ****.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.