Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, skinsmania123 said:

Super surprised by your post.  Seems Joe Theismann has weighed in on this, and frankly, similar to some of us whiney fans he found it unprofessional.   I found it concerning.  There is something off with this guy seriously. 

Oh...

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Well i was replying to a silly post with a silly exaggerated response. Again, it’s stunning the mental gymnastics you guys want to do to deflect against even minor criticism. 

The real issue is that the guy is flat out bad right now. He missed 3 TD passes today. That’s the concern. 

Criticize Haskins for his bad play, totally understandable. What’s silly is to criticize him for (understandably) being hyped about his first win. Again, I’ve seen backups go in for a kneel down to end the game, why do we give a **** who takes the final snap? 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Criticize Haskins for his bad play, totally understandable. What’s silly is to criticize him for (understandably) being hyped about his first win. Again, I’ve seen backups go in for a kneel down to end the game, why do we give a **** who takes the final snap? 

Come on man lol 

You know what You’re saying is disingenuous. Is these examples did the backup take the field cuz the starter was taking selfies? If not, why bring it up? Lol 

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Well i was replying to a silly post with a silly exaggerated response. Again, it’s stunning the mental gymnastics you guys want to do to deflect against even minor criticism. 

The real issue is that the guy is flat out bad right now. He missed 3 TD passes today. That’s the concern. 

Who said anything to the contrary?  He wasn't good today...I don't think you'll find anyone who'd say otherwise.  HOWEVER, he showed something on that last drive.  Which was the most important of the game.  BUILD OFF OF IT. 

3rd start....

Haskins screwed up when he lost track of the clock. Some of you are jumping the shark on this though. 

I still think the funniest brain dead QB moment was when Kirk Cousins was supposed to spike the ball to stop the clock and he kneeled instead and the half ended. Thankfully, we won that game, but what a doofus.

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So being happy is unprofessional? It’s a KNEEL-DOWN, come the **** on. I saw the replies on theissmans tweet, most of the replies were of the same opinion as mine, that it’s a non issue 

Being happy isn't unprofessional. Missing a play because you were busy taking a selfie with a fan and thought there was no time left in the game is though.

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Come on man lol 

You know what You’re saying is disingenuous. Is these examples did the backup take the field cuz the starter was taking selfies? If not, why bring it up? Lol 

He was on the sidelines, a fan gave him his phone, Haskins was being nice and interacting with fans. Wow, totally “bad look”. 

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So being happy is unprofessional? It’s a KNEEL-DOWN, come the **** on. I saw the replies on theissmans tweet, most of the replies were of the same opinion as mine, that it’s a non issue 

Being happy is not unprofessional.  That is not what I am saying. You finish the game. And then maybe give props to that O line of yours that you were trying to motivate in your last game, and then you go off and take your selfies with the fans.  Can't agree with your reasoning here.  I don't know what your reading on Theismann twitter account but is fairly split in terms of perspective.

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

........son, the game is still going on. 

what planet am I on right now? lol 

A pointless kneel down. Who cares who takes the final Snap? I doubt any of the coaches or players care 😂 

plenty of things to **** on him for, things that actually matter to whether or not he can be a starting QB. Let’s focus on THOSE, instead 🤷🏻‍♂️

Moving away from the snap for a moment. I am a bit concerned that I haven't seen Haskins have a good half or stretch yet. He'll make a throw here and there and seems to be making okay reads for the most part, but I keep waiting for him to flash something that promises what he might become. The only thing exciting thing I've seen is his ability to sometimes escape pressure, break tackles, and run a bit, but his money will never be made as a running QB.

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Missing a POINTLESS kneel down. That’s what this whole thing is about. Keenum had to go in, who gives a **** 

I thought it wasn't unprofessional because he was being happy? Now it doesn't matter because it was a kneel down?

Just now, Makaveli said:

I thought it wasn't unprofessional because he was being happy? Now it doesn't matter because it was a kneel down?

No, it doesn’t matter because of both of those things (the pointless kneel Down, and him being happy and hugging his teammates as shown in the video, i don’t blame the guy for not being focused on 8 measly seconds of a win)

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

The bottom line was not taking the last snap was unprofessional. Is he forever doomed for it? No. 

Backups take the final snap from time to time, im just guessing Keenum wasn’t bothered by it, given it was the rookies first career win. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No, it doesn’t matter because of both of those things (the pointless kneel Down, and him being happy and hugging his teammates as shown in the video, i don’t blame the guy for not being focused on 8 measly seconds of a win)

Listen I'm not saying it was the worst thing. All I am saying is to claim it's a complete non issue is just not true. The coach even said he would address it with him. If it was a nonissue, there would be nothing to address.

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Backups take the final snap from time to time, im just guessing Keenum wasn’t bothered by it, given it was the rookies first career win. 

I doubt Keenum was bothered by it, but it is still a bad look. 

I don't recall seeing backups go in to the game solely to take the knee, but maybe I'm mistaken. 

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

I doubt Keenum was bothered by it, but it is still a bad look. 

I don't recall seeing backups go in to the game solely to take the knee, but maybe I'm mistaken. 

It happens in blowouts at least, where the coach wants to make sure his QB doesn’t get injured or anything in case something does go wrong on the final snap 

Archived