Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

34 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

fat, slow, lazy , terrible body language.  I smell a BUST

I always think no matter what I wont be surprised by someones ignorance on the internet, but then nope, im surprised again. 

38 minutes ago, kwitt said:

Byron Leftwich 2.0

Lazy comparison by someone who knows nothing. 

He needs work, and time. Not sure we'll have the necessary coaches to develop him past this year.

However, I do remember a number of analysts saying that Haskins already possesses a lot of the traits you hope to find in an NFL QB...and I don't see Jason Campbell in him at all. Haskins' release seems much quicker than Campbell's all-day, long arm wind-up release, for starters lol...

1 hour ago, sjinhan said:

Well i hope all of us are wrong about him... but at least we dont have to start him right away...

Mark my words... he WILL start this year. Bruce and Jay are in full blown “Save Our Jobs” mode, future franchise ramifications be damned.

Dan will be an easy sell cuz he’ll have a new toy/ buddy/ ticket seller.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

He needs work, and time. Not sure we'll have the necessary coaches to develop him past this year.

Yeah, that's my concern too, that we'll have this talented young QB prospect but a new coaching staff next year that may not work with him for one reason or another. I mean maybe we get our version of McVay or Nagy and they work with a previous regime young QB but it could also be a situation where they want THEIR own guy.

33 minutes ago, Alexa said:

No way. He is the starter day one. You don't draft someone like Haskins and sit him over Case or Colt. You play him right away. 

Nah, he needs to sit and learn.  He's a great talent that shouldn't be rushed.  We can't afford to rush his development.  There's no harm in sitting him for a year.  It worked for Mahomes and it can work for Haskins.  

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

So what are you saying will save Bruce and Jay's jobs?

Lol, I never said it would work.  But if we are as same Ol same Ol as we ever are, Colt will be hurt and Case will be benched by Black Friday (or visa versa) 

Been burned too many times.

Last year we held a piece of the Div lead up til Black Friday... but just because the rest of the division sucked too.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wow, didn't know he's that slow.

There's DT's faster than him

I'm not concerned with his running speed.  Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, and Big Ben aren't athletic speed freaks but they're doing all right.  If he has a strong accurate arm; can read (or learn) to read defenses and knows how to move in the pocket then that is enough to overcome his lack of quickness.

24 minutes ago, Destino said:

I wonder how many people watched this video long enough to reach the pro player comparison.  Being that I'm not seeing any reactions yet, I'm guessing it hasn't been that many.  😂 

If his comparison came true he'd end up as a pretty good qb. I'm glad I watched the video though. His youtube highlights I found all seem to show him excelling in an offense that's much more vertical than what I believe we run. This video showed him hitting on more timing type stuff.

1 hour ago, rterps2017 said:

Simply the fact that Snyder pushed for this ensures this will fail

I know that's what I was thinking also. Maybe the fact that we didn't lose any draft picks with this one will hopefully reverse the bad omen? 

47 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Case isnt that much better then him for that to make sense.  How many of these young QBs we seen step in and step up lately?  Its sportscenter time, baby, **** that ****. 

Wish they cut Alex and Colt and draft developmental QB instead.

We'll keep 3 to start out this year. I'm pretty sure after this year that Smith and McCoy are gone. Along with Gruden if no playoffs.

1 minute ago, BleedBNG said:

We'll keep 3 to start out this year. I'm pretty sure after this year that Smith and McCoy are gone. Along with Gruden if no playoffs.

I mean, we kept two last year until all hell broke loose.  I'm done with Colt.

Wow..what is with all the negativity on Haskins? We didn’t give up anything for a guy who has been groomed to be a qb since he was 11 years old. 

Who cares about his 40 time!?!?  What’s Bradys 40 time?  He has a strong arm, played against top talent in the big Ten and while he only started one year so did Kyler. Also everyone has talked about his football IQ as being high. 

I believe Haskins is our day one starter. Forget Case!

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, we kept two last year until all hell broke loose.  I'm done with Colt.

I'm with you. I gave Colt some benefit of the doubt until the 2 games he played before he got hurt. I decided before he got hurt I'd seen enough.

Pretty happy with this pick.  I'm glad it came to the Skins and they didn't have to jump up to get him.  Probably allowed us to get Sweat.

I think my disappointment here is based on the reports coming out of Ashburn that half the building didn't want him but that Bruce and Dan did.  If true... I mean, get it together.  Even if there's disagreement inside the building, present a unified front.                                                                       

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Pretty happy with this pick.  I'm glad it came to the Skins and they didn't have to jump up to get him.  Probably allowed us to get Sweat.

I think my disappointment here is based on the reports coming out of Ashburn that half the building didn't want him but that Bruce and Dan did.  If true... I mean, get it together.  Even if there's disagreement inside the building, present a unified front.                                                                       

My thoughts as well, there's just too many leaks here. Obviously people are going to have different opinions, but those should stay behind closed doors. 

pretty happy with this pick. we needed a QB, and we got one. i'm in Nashville for the draft, and my brother and I stopped by a bar he worked at, and we were able to bring a cup of beer out into the street during the Redskins pick. when they announced Dwayne Haskins, I saw another redskins fan, and high fived him. a TV camera came right up to us, and a few minutes later my brother gets a text from his friend saying "dude....did I just see your brother on tv????".

so if anyone was watching nfl network and saw a guy with a beard with a bob marley shirt on, and a redskins hat....that was me, cooleyfan :P 

anyway, it will be nice to have a QB competition during training camp/pre-season. best QB out of Keenum/Haskins should start. 

1 hour ago, C26 Run said:

Nah, he needs to sit and learn.  He's a great talent that shouldn't be rushed.  We can't afford to rush his development.  There's no harm in sitting him for a year.  It worked for Mahomes and it can work for Haskins.  

It's not going to happen. The owner is going to want to see Haskins.  Mayfield didn't sit, neither did Josh Allen or even Rosen. Haskins will be playing next year and playing a lot. 

Archived