Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Haskins ain’t looking good.  

On a related note... is there a reward for the most negative posts about him?   Is it just a fetish?  Is it just alcohol-numbed judgement?   So weird....

It’s really making it hard to read through this thread though fellas.  

10 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Alex Smith had us in first place at 6-3. Haskins will probably never see 6 wins in his entire career as a starter. 

Did you forget your own question?

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I can't tell if I'm the victim of schtick here or not, that's how far we've fallen around here. 

I'm being semi serious. I'd rather have a guy who's confident vs. somebody who is sullen and needs a hug after a loss. Demeanor is important for the leader of a team.

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

I'm being semi serious. I'd rather have a guy who's confident vs. somebody who is sullen and needs a hug after a loss. Demeanor is important for the leader of a team.

There's no way to win PR points with everyone after a poor performance. Come off confident and people will say he's arrogant, which was the common criticism until today's post-game. Come off disappointed and people will say he has a loser mentality, which is what you're saying now.

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I see it this way right now.  I get the idea of protecting Haskins' confidence.   But at this point I gather the road that they have taken doesn't help on that front anyway.  If he looks shaky and then subsequently saying he isn't playing the week after -- that to me is no confidence builder.  So I think the horse is already out of the barn.  Callahan clearly though doesn't agree.  

This makes the most sense, which is probably why it won't be done. He needs to play and they need to prepare him to play. Even if you already think Haskins is a bust, this is the right move. Because if you think he's no good, then him playing proves it. It also ensures a top draft pick which means you have the opportunity to replace him. At this point, the only reason someone wouldn't want him to play is because they are afraid he might figure it out and get better. 

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Haskins ain’t looking good.  

On a related note... is there a reward for the most negative posts about him?   Is it just a fetish?  Is it just alcohol-numbed judgement?   So weird....

It’s really making it hard to read through this thread though fellas.  

I’m just kinda beyond tired with the same ole **** with the redskins where they make predictable errors in player evaluations and coaching. Some people that have been here recognize the song and dance and are fed up with giving chances when they know how it ends.

And youve got a few who hated Haskins as a prospect. The same things they hated about him are the reasons why he is failing right now. They are borderline irate right now.

I can't believe but on this along with other Skin forums Haskins is being raked over the coals.  He needs 1st team reps and needs to play with the starters the rest of the season to see if he progresses or not.  To judge him right now w/o proper playing time is so unfair.  I believe this is the only way he learns.  Will Callahan do it?  HE SHOULD!

I hate to say it... But I hope the concussion protocol keeps Keenum out. I hope Coltis hobled and cant encourage Cali to play him.. And we go all in on DH for the remainder of the year.

All rooks do rook ****... The throw sailed, big whoop. Learn from it. PManning threw ungodly ints his rook year- but then became a qb gawd.

Haskins needs the prep the reps the 0-0 score. And shohld get it. Im no back up qb, but with the game still not out of reach having to come in has to get the nerves and adrenalin flying. I could equate it to the first tee jitters.  You sometimes lose all that you've worked on and resort to your worst mechanics- and slice it into the bushes. It happens. He had a **** outing vs nyg and wants badly to shut those that bash him in the media, on the team, and the fans the **** up.. You try to hard sometines you do worse.

Like Zimmer told kurky, just be calm level headed, you get amped up and try to hard you suck ass and throw picks. Paraphrased of course.

Not making excuses for DH, just see how this is still a very tough position for a guy drafted at 15 overall with the fans and media ready to eat his face off... 

But as far as play... Man he puts that ball 6inches down hits Tmac and we are in the redzone. Who knows what follows.

Adversity is part of the game- I vote  give him the reins on this long week and see how he can bounce back (starting the first snap not after Case does a Case).

Just now, skins2victory said:

Haskins....... I could have sworn that was Jamarcus Russel on the field.

-We used a number 10 overal pick on this guy. Yikes! 

We used the #15 overall.  Give the kid chance and time! 

Just now, NickyJ said:

There's no way to win PR points with everyone after a poor performance. Come off confident and people will say he's arrogant, which was the common criticism until today's post-game. Come off disappointed and people will say he has a loser mentality, which is what you're saying now.

He’s pure putrid garbage on the field. Demeanor afterwards is mostly irrelevant. Except for the fact that he refuses to be compared to anyone other than Brady and Brees and expects to be in the hall of fame. Delusions of grandeur combined with horrid inability to perform basic tasks of his job is the recipe for complete failure...

18 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I loathe fans that throw in the towel on a player because they haven’t looked good in spot moments.

The fact that you then "loathe" me doesn't hurt my feelings.   Because I'm not "throwing the towel" in on the guy as that would assume that I had given him a chance and have then have come to a hasty conclusion after tonight that he's not worth the chance.   I KNEW LONG BEFORE HE WAS DRAFTED THAT HE DOESNT BELONG IN THE NFL as starting QB!   Good luck finding anybody on this message board, ANYBODY AT ALL, that spent as much time as me studying his college film.   So while football fans, mostly other Skins fans on draft videos of the guy, were ripping me in April-July for having the contrarian position of saying the guy sucks despite his fraudulent statistics , I was one of the only ones actually eschewing his "highlight reel" videos to watch ENTIRE GAME videos where once sees a guy who is woefully inaccurate with the football, couldnt read basic defensive concepts, relied heavily on screen passes and behind-the-line-of-scrimmage passes for his completion percentage and was THE WORST 3rd DOWN QB I HAVE EVER STUDIED WHO WAS DRAFTED IN THE 1st ROUND. (past 10 years plus)

I can write a list ten pages long of QBs that didn’t look great when they first came into the league.

So what?  I can write an even longer list of QBs who sucked on day one and sucked on their last day, too.   

18 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

hell, Drew Brees has 11 TD and 15 INT in his THIRD year starting.

So this is a typical comment people make when defending a bad player or bad team.  They will compare to an NFL legend or legendary team and say "see.....this guy/team was once like x too".   It's bad debating because you know there is no defending the player, so you HAVE to pivot to some success story that has NO RELATION WHATSOEVER to Dwayne Haskins.    I knew Drew Brees very well in college.  He, unlike Haskins, was a PRO style GREAT college QB.  I remember when lavar arrington played against him many years ago as a PSU fan back then.  Haskins is NO Drew brees.  He wasnt in college and he wasnt in the pros.  I want to see ONE PERSON on this message board counter my detailed findings on Haskins with analysis JUST AS DETAILED as below.  Ive yet to find any defender of Haskins provide the level of insight I'm about to show you.  And mind you, this was during a season with RECORD BREAKING stats by the fraud:

The first 4 of the first 7 games I studied (half of his final season) stats, broken down to a detailed analysis of his passing profile - (the other 3 games, which included TCU and Maryland were all basically the same numbers as these 4)

vs Penn State
Passes behind the line of scrimmage, AKA Pop Warner throws
10-11 for -19 thrown yards, 133 yds 1TD
Passes that traveled 1 to 5 yards in the air, AKA OSU's high school playbook passes
6-10 for 12 thrown yards, 41 yds, 1TD
passes that traveled 6-10 yards
5-10 for 35 yards
Passes that traveled 11-20 yards
1-4 for 13 thrown yards, 48 yrds, 1TD
passes 20 yards and more
0-4
3rd down pass conversion
1-12
My (or any sane person) grade for Haskins
D

vs Washington (bowl game)
8-9 for -27 thrown yards, 33 yds 
Passes that traveled 1 to 5 yards in the air, AKA OSU's high school playbook passes
7-11 for 26 thrown yards, 31 yds,1TD
3-5 for 23 thrown yards , 29 yds
5-9 for 80 thrown yards, 94 yards, 2TD
passes 20 yards and more
2-4, 67 yrds
3rd Down pass conversions
3-9
B-

vs Michigan
6-8 for -17 thrown yards, 51 yds 
9-10 for 22 thrown yards, 129 yds,  1TD
0-2
3-5 for 47 thrown yards, 65 yards , 1TD
passes 20 yards and more
2-6, 55 thrown yards, 55 total, 2 TD
4-8
B

vs Michigan State
6-7 for -18 thrown yards, 16 yds 
5-6 for 20 thrown yards, 43 yds,
8-14, 63 thrown yards, 93 yards
3-9 for 44 thrown yards, 61 yards
passes 20 yards and more
0-1
3-11
D

adding these 4 games up:
His completion percentage on those pop warner and high school throws was
57-72, 79%
his completion percentage on mid range throws, your NFL bread and butter routes,  between 6 and 20 yards was
28-58, 48%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
his completion percentage on long throws 21 yards and longer was
4-15, 27%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a fav category of mine, 3rd down conversions through the air was
11-39, 28%!!!!!!!!!!!  GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!

The funny thing is, Lamar Jackson was taken 32nd overall, and he's seems like the best QB in that draft. He was supposedly much more raw as a passer than Haskins.

People will argue that Harbaugh designed the playbook to be easier on Lamar, but even as a rookie when he was thrust in, he looked way, way more poised in the pocket than Haskins, who supposedly is a more natural pocket passer.

Conclusion? We should've taken Lamar Jackson... dont @me

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He’s pure putrid garbage on the field. Demeanor afterwards is mostly irrelevant. Except for the fact that he refuses to be compared to anyone other than Brady and Brees and expects to be in the hall of fame. Delusions of grandeur combined with horrid inability to perform basic tasks of his job is the recipe for complete failure...

When did he say he refuses to be compared with anyone but Brady and Brees, and that he expects to be in the Hall of Fame?

A lot of unfair judgement being given to Haskins right now.  Ridiculous!  He needs the rest of this year and beyond to see if he progresses.  Build an OL around him and then let's evaluate him in after 2020 if he can start the rest of the games this year.

I didn't understand at draft time and understand even less now how you draft someone in the first round and to be your franchise QB when he hasn't really played more than a year in college...no matter HOW good he looked for that year. Maybe he'll get better with some experience but I'm not that optimistic based on what I've seen so far. The Giants are looking pretty smart for drafting Daniel Jones instead of him.  

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

When did he say he refuses to be compared with anyone but Brady and Brees, and that he expects to be in the Hall of Fame?

https://www.sportscasting.com/redskins-rookie-dwayne-haskins-compares-himself-to-brady-brees-and-rodgers/ 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/dwayne-haskins-shawn-springs-part-1-goal-hall-fame 

He is deluded and a bust. 

8 minutes ago, Rogue Jedi said:

The funny thing is, Lamar Jackson was taken 32nd overall, and he's seems like the best QB in that draft. He was supposedly much more raw as a passer than Haskins.

People will argue that Harbaugh designed the playbook to be easier on Lamar, but even as a rookie when he was thrust in, he looked way, way more poised in the pocket than Haskins, who supposedly is a more natural pocket passer.

Conclusion? We should've taken Lamar Jackson... dont @me

you need to be @'ed ... lol... Lamar drafted a YEAR BEFORE Haskins. 

UNLESS you're saying we should have drafted him in 2018

7 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

I didn't understand at draft time and understand even less now how you draft someone in the first round and to be your franchise QB when he hasn't really played more than a year in college...no matter HOW good he looked for that year. Maybe he'll get better with some experience but I'm not that optimistic based on what I've seen so far. The Giants are looking pretty smart for drafting Daniel Jones instead of him.  

From the FO perspective... You draft a guy you see as a project with some attributes that are nice (arm strength) and feel good taking him so no one else does later in the round before tou pick in rd 2.. TO DEVELOP. *projected as top 10 high as top 3 pick for better or worse

He was never taken at 15 to start day 1. Ya its a high pick, but we signed Keenum and hoped to groom him year 1 and have our guy year 2. Despite the drama and bull****, thats still the plan- develop him.

1 hour ago, desertbeagle85 said:

Truth hurts some of the people in here are pathetic. 

You need a break man. Step back. Take care of you. The team really sucks. Theres one talent, but its gonna be a few years. This is getting to you way too much. Maybe go hit the hay before the mods make you.

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

A lot of unfair judgement being given to Haskins right now.  Ridiculous!  He needs the rest of this year and beyond to see if he progresses.  Build an OL around him and then let's evaluate him in after 2020 if he can start the rest of the games this year.

yeah, potentially waste incredible draft resources next year around a guy you dont know that can play (I DO know that he CANT play).  what you are prescribing is a recipe for another decade, yep a DECADE of failure (if they dont address a long term solution at the QB position and instead think this guy is good enough to play in the NFL).  I already know he cant play and that's based off his fraudulent COLLEGE resume.

I am close to Sheehan's position.  I am not in the camp that he's a bust as some are pushing here.  The sample size is ridiculously small to leap to any conclusion IMO.  But I also am not in the Haskins or bust camp where we got to ride this for years and then decide.  I do think we need to see him start some games.  I am not panicking over him coming in relief like it's the be all and end all.  

Archived