PCS

Welcome to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

And you're a garbage fan.

 

Note that

Can’t we all just get along?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sportjunkie07 said:

Making a gut call based on what you’ve seen does not make you a garbage fan. 

 

You can be nieve if you want though. There is a lot of that going on this year.

 

You call it what you want and I'll call it what I want. A lot of trash in these forums in my evaluation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

We got to 1-6 with Haskins starting none of those games, and you pick the backup rookie QB as the guy you execute to send the message lmao


he cost us trading for Josh Rosen who would be as serviceable as Kirk was here. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Somebody better call Kaepernick and get him in here and see what he has left. Everything else with this organization is a circus why not go full throttle? Can't possibly sink any lower than the organization already is currently,right? 

  Did Haskins look as bad as Twitter says he did? 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Terry McLaurins highlight real at Ohio State and immediately saw how innacurate Haskins was on completed passes. Constantly throwing behind him, bad mechanics, but everyone was enamored with his stats. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoCalSkins said:


he cost us trading for Josh Rosen who would be as serviceable as Kirk was here. 

 

Lol Josh Rosen isn't serviceable 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

It'd of been fun if the kid showed anything resembling a QB raw talent.. But here we are. 


bingo. Did anyone see one encouraging thing? Anything that made you say, well that was a flash. If we could just get him to do this thing a little different...

 

That’s what you need to see, even in limited duty. It’s been very spot appearances, but literally the only time I’ve seen something like that was in preseason game 2 I think? When he moved around on a bootleg and threw a cannon. Since then, nothing that got me excited. Quite the opposite. It’s a limited sample size, but very troubling. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With how things are working right the coaches say he isn't ready, but every single game he is the backup it means he is 1 play away from entering the game. Keenum likely has a concussion and Colt McCoy gets hurt every other quarter of football, so the likelihood is that as long as Haskins is listed as the backup, the guy  is going to be playing games.  The problem is hey is young, inexperienced, and obviously needs more prep work in order to be ready for games.   He isn't going to get this prep as a back up during the entire week of practice.  His reps with the starters and running 1st team are always going to be severely limited.  I am not blaming all his trash play on that, but the fact is it is the job of the coaches to come up with a scheme to help your young QB out.  Haskins might not be ready to shoulder the offense (duh) but I also don't think he is just straight up as incompetent as he has looked so far.  

 

At 1-7, I don't see what the coaches are holding onto by starting Case/Colt.  Neither of those guys are good enough to do much else.  Sure they will look better as veterans, but when it comes down to it, they aren't good enough to win anything either.   Make the kid the starter for remainder of season, prepare him the way you would a starter, and put the ball in his hands and lets find out what he has to offer and if the potential to learn and get better as he goes is there.

 

I want to have a DEFINITE idea of what Haskins has to offer by the end of 2019. The last thing I want is for him to play a couple quarters here and there, look bad, but the front office has all these stupid justifications on why it is too early to turn the page.   The team is 1-7, the season is effectively over.  Let him fail or succeed in his development and be done with it. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, benskins26 said:


that’s a good comp. he’s a lesser campbell (candle). And Campbell showed promise. You felt like you wanted to see what he could do. He just didn’t improve. 
 

but he was light years ahead. Haskins looked just awful. 

Campbell had an absurdly slow release. To me, he always looked like a bust. Haskins has serious flaws that appear the moment there is any pressure, but he might get better. Campbell had an absurdly low ceiling - it was obvious he was never anything more than a backup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, benskins26 said:


bingo. Did anyone see one encouraging thing? Anything that made you say, well that was a flash. If we could just get him to do this thing a little different...

 

That’s what you need to see, even in limited duty. It’s been very spot appearances, but literally the only time I’ve seen something like that was in preseason game 2 I think? When he moved around on a bootleg and threw a cannon. Since then, nothing that got me excited. Quite the opposite. It’s a limited sample size, but very troubling. 

 

He had 5 passes

 

Lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I watched Terry McLaurins highlight real at Ohio State and immediately saw how innacurate Haskins was on completed passes. Constantly throwing behind him, bad mechanics, but everyone was enamored with his stats. 


Also a good point. If anything, we’ve simply proven that mclaurin is a big time talent, and maybe he really helped pad those Haskins stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

Yep threw the ball 5 times tonight great evaluation. 


20% of his passes worst interceptions possible... yes we need to see more....

Edited by SoCalSkins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

Truth hurts some of the people in here are pathetic. 


its not true though.  And nothing could be more pathetic than dan snyder trying to play gm. 
 

so there is that...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

He had 5 passes

 

Lmao


he played a whole half. His footwork was terrible. His handoffs were terrible. As I said several times, it’s too early to call him a bust. But answer the question- were you encouraged by any of those passes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

 

Lol Josh Rosen isn't serviceable 


And haskins is?????? If Josh is a 2. Haskins is negative a million. He’s epically the worst draft pick we have had in decades. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:


he cost us trading for Josh Rosen who would be as serviceable as Kirk was here. 

I'm still not seeing how the QB who hasn't played 4 quarters of football somehow made the other QBs on the roster play worse over the past 7 weeks. If you wanna send a message, shoot the guy who was actually at the wheel, chief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, at least we're closer to a top 3 pick.  As long as we're top 3, I'd be happy (really want to be top 2).  If we're top 3, then we can get Young, Burrow, or Tua.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, illone said:


its not true though.  And nothing could be more pathetic than dan snyder trying to play gm. 
 

so there is that...

 

Agreed but it wasn't Snyder that had Haskins going in the 1st rd and as the number 2 QB off the board. It was all the people that study this **** for a living. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, benskins26 said:


he played a whole half. His footwork was terrible. His handoffs were terrible. As I said several times, it’s too early to call him a bust. But answer the question- were you encouraged by any of those passes?

 

No 

 

With that said I also know he came into a game that he was already down in and didn't work as the starting QB once again in practice. This team is doing a great job at throwing a guy they want to slow into things into bad situations. 

 

Not once has he had a chance in a game he prepared for all week. No let's throw a rookie into a game he's behind in. I mean Case has been real good as well right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm still not seeing how the QB who hasn't played 4 quarters of football somehow made the other QBs on the roster play worse over the past 7 weeks. If you wanna send a message, shoot the guy who was actually at the wheel, chief.


because the owner made the trash pick and will hire a scrub coach willing to roll with this loser as qb. Not to mention the fact he cost us a first round pick in the top first half of the first round of the draft...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, benskins26 said:


that’s a good comp. he’s a lesser campbell (candle). And Campbell showed promise. You felt like you wanted to see what he could do. He just didn’t improve. 
 

but he was light years ahead. Haskins looked just awful. 

Very different prospects imo. 

 

Campbell struggled to process the mental side of the game. Having a ton of different coordinators didn’t help. He had a lot of things going for him but the lacked the ability to process the game, couple that with a slow release and he just couldn’t ever be the pocket passer he needed to be.

 

haskins has severe accuracy issues so far in the nfl because his fundamentals are ****. He is lazy concerning his mechanics and has a bad attitude in that regard. His coaching has been poor as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:


And haskins is?????? If Josh is a 2. Haskins is negative a million. He’s epically the worst draft pick we have had in decades. 

 

This is Josh's 2nd year get a clue bud. Haskins hasn't even started a whole game yet. Hell he hasn't even played with a tie ball game yet. He gets throw into games he's behind in and had no 1st team reps all week. Pretty big damn difference.

Edited by desertbeagle85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now