Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

2 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I agree he was protected - and guys open on every drop back is not really a surprise, as that IS Jay's calling card - and it was the lowly Giants after all. All QBs miss open WRs, especially when not getting significant first team reps before their first game, missing his WR1, and feeling the pressure of losing big on the road. Additional mental pressure knowing he had 2 backups inside including a rookie guard with 1 quarter under his square framed belt. Who needs a run game anyways.

In no way did Haskins fail this past Sunday, imo. I only mean to point out that he wasn’t running the wild-zorn, the play calling was plenty competent, though the circumstances shoddy. 

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

The fact that Louis Riddick, one of Haskins' biggest cheerleaders all year, continues to beat the drum of Gruden having an "agenda" for merely playing him in a game should be alarming for everyone.  

Riddick comes off as a man with an agenda. Jay Gruden didn’t ask Haskins to invade Bahrain or play linebacker, he put him in to throw a football for 3 quarters v the Giants. It wasn’t ideal, but it’s been made out to be a new technique for extracting information from terrorists.

Last week Dwayne’s QBR fell right between Deshaun’s & Tommy’s. How many reps did those guys get? Haskins doesn’t even need the practice reps to play like those future hall of famers, imagine what he’ll look like when he gets his #1 WR & his first team reps.

1 hour ago, volsmet said:

Riddick comes off as a man with an agenda. Jay Gruden didn’t ask Haskins to invade Bahrain or play linebacker, he put him in to throw a football for 3 quarters v the Giants. It wasn’t ideal, but it’s been made out to be a new technique for extracting information from terrorists.

Hes always pushing an Agenda. Jason Reid 2.0

If Colt is healthy I don't see Case or Haskins starting.  In fact I think Haskins is going right back to #3 on the depth chart if Colt & Case are both healthy.

I think the plan all along for this season was Colt starting, Case being the journeman back up and Haskins toiling around running the practice squad and sort of put on ice to be the next coach's project to develop.

Not saying I agree with it, but I think that was the plan.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Either Jay Gruden is a mastermind or really out of his depth

"We dont have one" LOL. Thanks Jay. At least we know lol

This gives validity he never wanted Haskins and never planned to prioritize his development. He didnt say they had a plan, but things change, so now we trying to figure out what to do next.  No, this indicates they never had a serious plan to begin with for Haskins that they can now go back and edit.

9 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

This is Jay Gruden's swinging gate FU to Dan Snyder

'We don't have a QB plan for this Sunday"

Bravo Gru, Bravo

Like somehow all three QBs are going to equal first teams rep between Weds and game day. GTFO of here Gru

This is bigger then he doesnt have a plan for Haskins, the entire organization foesnt have one, and didnt when they drafted him.  The only hope for this guy is if we had one, how do you not and call him a project?  What kinda project management doesnt have a plan?

So Jay has no plan. Well, if he is talking about the run game, maybe that is a good thing. Blind Squirrel theory.

But he is talking QBs.  To no ones surprise with Belichek already having dissected our OL's tendencies, I think its safe to say our QB situation is going to get worse, before it gets better.... starting Sunday no matter who he starts.  Hold onto your lug nuts its time for an overhaul.

Hall alludes to this in the clip above, so I thought I’d chime in... 

Watching the Steelers on MNF, I thought, “this is how an innovative staff with some foresight designs a gameplan around their young starting QB.” Mason Rudolph, who doesn’t have the arm talent, pocket presence, or release of Haskins was put in a position to succeed, and he did so. Quick reads, simple concepts, and added innovation to the running game, all built his confidence, and made him look like a QB who can win some games rather than one facing insurmountable challenges. 

Jay Gruden’s staff could NEVER show than manner of innovation and adaptability. I expect more stubbornness and a “my system or the highway” approach from Gruden until the day he receives his walking papers. 

That was clearly on display watching the Giants gameplan with the rook qb vs ours. Between the injuries and timing- Gruden really hung DH out to dry.

At this point im not convinced it was an agenda or wanting to make him look bad... The safer bet is that he literally is THAT incompetent and clueless

5 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Jay has been go along to get along for so now. Would be hilarious if he was the coach to just burn it all down on his way out the door. 

Whether I agree with him or not, his response to, "Who is your starting quarterback?" being "We don't have one" was almost as good as "How do you feel about your team's execution?" "I'm for it". :ols:

Or was the question, "What's your QB plan?"

If it was the latter its still good, but not AS good.

20 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Dude is funny. I will give him that. And he knows he's getting out of the circus with a ton of money and multiple OC offers waiting. I'd practically be dancing behind the podium. 

I don't know about that. His Offense hasn't been a whole lot to brag about, the plays develop slowly, he has never had sustained success running the ball (even in Cincinnati) and he has now a half-dozen years showing he'd rather lose his way than win by adapting.

3 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

I don't know about that. His Offense hasn't been a whole lot to brag about, the plays develop slowly, he has never had sustained success running the ball (even in Cincinnati) and he has now a half-dozen years showing he'd rather lose his way than win by adapting.

Good rep around the league. And he's clearly easy to work with for better or worse. I mean, he's dealt with Dumb and Dumber the past six years.  People in the league know how hard that is. 

The fact that Kirk and Dalton have regressed since he stopped being their OC doesn't exactly hurt either.

1 minute ago, Hooper said:

Good rep around the league. And he's clearly easy to work with for better or worse. I mean, he's dealt with Dumb and Dumber the past six years.  People in the league know how hard that is. 

The fact that Kirk and Dalton have regressed since he stopped being their OC doesn't exactly hurt either.

I don't know about Dalton, but Kirk is pretty much what a lot of folks here said he was. He's just not in an Offense where he can pad is junk-time stats as much. People may like Jay, but his Offense is just awful and he can't adjust his way out of a paper bag.

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Whether I agree with him or not, his response to, "Who is your starting quarterback?" being "We don't have one" was almost as good as "How do you feel about your team's execution?" "I'm for it". :ols:

Best line in the history of humanity.

Archived